Powder Pink

Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since kindergarten, Jae knew girls ddidn't like him more than a friend. He was the tall, skinny, weird boy with glasses and a strange eye twitch that scared them away probably. The girls only liked him as a friend and during each Valentine's day, he would go home with a lollipop or a chocolate from his teacher. The first years he was sad that nobody liked him enough to buy him even the smallest chocolate. Then, Jae was mad, a child couldn't understand why everyone would receive chocolates but him.

As the years passed, the frustration washed away and he stopped caring. It was the last year of middle school when he came back to his desk after P.E and found a rectangle box, wrapped perfectly in a powder pink wrapping paper, wrapped with a darker shade of pink ribbon. He looked around to be 100% sure it was his desk and nobody was pulling pranks on him.

There was a note on it that red: I've been watching you since we were little but I've never had the courage to give you the chocolates I bought for you each Valentine's.. I noticed you always leave with the same chocolates our teacher gives us and that made me sad.. So here I am, winning a battle against myself, with this confessing my crush on you as well. I really like you a lot and although you will certainly not like me back, it will be my pleasure to gift you chocolates each week at this time. -B.

Jae blinked as he read the entire note, looking around once again, hoping to spot someone who was kind enough to like him. Everyone around was minding their business and preparing for next class, nothing suspicious happening around. Jae took the chocolates and the note, he was happy. At home he cried for 30 minutes while eating half of the box of fine belgian chocolates.

Next week, same time, after the P.E. class Jae found another box, wrapped in the same pink wrapping. Another note was on, saying: I hope you enjoyed your chocolates last week. I got you different ones this time :D I hope you like cherries! -B.

And another week was in, same box wrapped in pink. You are doing amazing ♡ I'm mesnerized. -B.

As the weeks turned into months and the notes became love confessions, Jae became more and more curious and frustrated about who this B person was. There wasn't anyone in his class named B and even when he asked around, nobody identified as that. Not that his admirer would be dumb enough to jump an say "Yeah it's me!"

One day before the class, Jae waited for everyone to leave and placed a note of his own on the place the box was always set on. I want to know who you are. I fell in love with your notes and your chocolates and I'd love to share them with you. Meet me at the lockers after our classes.

Jae didn't dare stay in class and spy on the person, he wanted whoever it was to show up on their own. The class passed excrutiatingly slow and all he wanted was to go back and see if the person took his note or not.

"Yo Jae!" A familiar voice echoed the hall as Jae was rushing back to the classroom.

"Ah Sungjin! Hey!" Jae stopped for a moment to greet his friend.

"Since it's Friday we decided to go to the arcade, do you wanna join?" the other asked, knowing Jae loves the arcade.

"Sure! But.. I will be a little later, I have something to do after school.."

"Oooh? Are you seeing someone?" The other nudged Jae

"I hope? Who knows?" He rubbed his nape with a small smile, "I need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter