Weak

Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Younghyun regretted. He regretted hurting Jaehyung. He regretted feeling like he doesn't love him anymore. He regretted telling him that.

Jaehyung felt like it was only his fault. He felt like the reason they fought so much was because of him. He felt like killing himself because he loved, he still loves, Younghyun so much.

They have never lived separated for the past three years and the past months were excruciating for Jaehyung, but he learned how to live with it. He learned not to feel like his heart was being torn apart every single time he drove to work and passed by their favorite restaurant and the bridge Younghyun gave him his first kiss.

They broke up on bad terms, the fights were getting louder and louder by the day. Neither knew where it started but they both decided to end it, Younghyun brought it up and Jaehyung was to afraid too say no. He didn’t want to ruin it more than it was already ruined.

A message from Younghyun in the middle of a snowy evening turned Jaehyung's life upside down when it finally seemed to fall into place. For a about fours months there was no text or phone call, he never even got to see Younghyun around their town. He felt resigned, allowing himself to live with the fact that he and his former boyfriend would never talk again.

《BRI》I was cleaning up and I found some of your stuff.

Jaehyung almost cursed at his phone screen. He was conflicted whether to reply or not. He felt like he was getting a headache soon and it was the last thing he wanted after a stressful day at work. The latter was rubbing his eyes, his phone still between his fingers when the screen lit up again.

《BRI》Would you have time to meet?

Jaehyung freaked out of his mind when he saw the message. Tears flooded his eyes unconsciously and he left out a bitter sigh.

《JAE》I'm busy these days at work.. Just give it to Sungjin and he will bring it to me.

《BRI》No, I'd rather give them to you myself.

Jaehyung huffed, "Yeah sure, what a lame excuse. Why can't you man the up and say you want to see me?" he sighed, staring at the screen for a while, not knowing what he should answer.

《JAE》I have to stay until late today at work, but we can meet after.

《BRI》Great, I will pick you up.

《JAE》9PM.

Jaehyung felt his heart throbbing inside his chest and his stomach being tied in a tight knot. He barely did anything at work, his mind being set on Younghyun and Younghyun only. He was playing scenarios back in his mind on how it would be when he will see his former boyfriend again after months.

When 8:50PM was showing on his phone, the older got up and got his coat on, wrapping his muffler around his neck and turning off the lights in the office. He was so anxious he felt like throwing up on his way to the elevator. As he got out of the building, Jaehyung looked around, trying to spot the black Audi Younghyun was driving but it wasn't in the usual spot he always parked it to wait for him.

 

While waiting, the memories of their last fight flooded his mind. Younghyun was once again tired after work, for the nth time that month, and Jaehyung had a bad day. Usually the latter would curl himself up next to his boyfriend and calm down while the former caressed him lovingly. But that evening Younghyun pushed him away and for a moment Jaehyung felt like exploding. "This is the fourth time this week you push me away. Do you have someone else?" And then Younghyun himself felt like exploding, "What the hell? I told you I'm really busy at work and my boss is stepping on my nerves every chance he gets."

Memories of how they started yelling at each other played in front of his eyes as he was kicking the snow from under his feet. Before the memory of Younghyun breaking up with him and storming out the door could be remembered, a black Audi pulled in front of him and he was snapped back into reality. He heard the familiar sound of the doors unlocking and took a step forward, curling his fingers on the handle, thinking for a moment before pulling on it and getting inside.

Before he could face Younghyun, Jaehyung took a big breath of air and tried to hold himself back from crying or doing something stupid he could regret later. When his eyes met Younghyun's, he couldn't see the sparkle into the other's eyes anymore. Even back then when they were having huge fights because of their various reasons, Younghyun's eyes sparkled and he always liked to tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter