Prologue

Instinctively in Love

The sound of rain hitting his rooftop and his windows woke him up. He sighs. Right now he’s feeling suuupeer comfy buried under his wool blanket, nuzzling the soft fabric with happiness until he remembers that today is Monday.

 

 Seungkwan groans in distaste.

 

Sighing, he sits up on his bed. The rain is heavy, it almost sounds like there are rocks being thrown to the ground. This is not the weather he likes best to drag his out and sits all day staring at his computer. This kind of weather is suitable with hot chocolate and all day long movie marathon! Seungkwan kind of wants to call in sick but then again today is the welcoming day for the new CEO at his office.

He sighs. Rubbing his eyes he slips out of his bed, and goes to the bathroom. He glances shortly at the small digital clock on the dressing table, almost tripping when he sees the numbers there.

 

.

 

Seungkwan hurriedly grabs his towel. He’ll be late if he doesn’t do his morning activities in a flash.

Five minutes of frantic shower and brushing his teeth, Seungkwan steps out of the bathroom, frantically searching for a decent shirt and pants, his hands still wet from the shower earlier.

 

I’m ed I’m ed I’m ed I’m ed I’m ed I’m— WHERE’S MY TROUSERS— Seungcheol hyung is going to kill me!

 

He found his usual Monday long sleeved shirt plus his black dress pants, throwing them on along with a brief boxer and combs his hair as neatly as he could in a mere three of his trusty comb. Thanking God that he still remembered to put on a pair of clean socks in his shoes last night so he doesn’t have to do another frantic searching for them now, he grabs a piece of banana from the refrigerator.

Seungkwan decided that he’s strong enough to handle the heavy rain when he couldn’t find his orange pocket umbrella, locking his apartment and running full speed to the nearest bus station. Fortunately, his bus arrived just in time, and Seungkwan tries to ignore the displeased stare he got from the passenger on the seat beside him.

 

 

-

 

 

Seungcheol taps his left foot impatiently. The meeting has already started for maybe ten minutes ago but his stupid baby cousin still isn’t here. He unconsciously grunts when he thinks about the new CEO’s impression to his division just because his lovely cousin is late to greet the young gentleman. (Must have been another case of sleeping in, Seungcheol knows for a fact that Seungkwan is NOT a cheerful early riser, unlike him)

He stares at the new CEO who’s now perched on the most elegant swivel chair in the room, looking a little young for the most important position anyone could have in this company. This guy (he wanted to say kid but it doesn’t feel quite right for him to call his superior with such endearing title) is only in his early twenties, apparently got stuck with  this company because his parents want him to do ‘something right’ once in his lifetime, Soonyoung said to him yesterday.

Checking the time on his wristwatch Seungcheol bites his lips almost nervously. Damn, Seungkwan better hurry the up if he doesn’t want to get a short lecture from his cousin slash Marketing Manager slash his direct boss. Just as he wants to stand up and get out to call his cousin and ask where the are you the twin doors burst open suddenly, making almost everyone in the room jump from their seats.

Lo and behold, his dearest cousin standing like a lost child at the door, snapping out of whatever thoughts he had and bowing repeatedly before he takes a seat beside his friend, Seokmin. With his hair still wet (Seungcheol can bet that this guy woke up late and decided to just break through the rain) and his clothes a little transparent Seungkwan looks disheveled as . Not to mention his little confused-afraid expression makes him look like an intern on his first day at work.

Grimacing, Seungcheol is torn between wanting to chokehold him until he apologizes and buys Seungcheol a complete set of dinner meal or fuzzing over the clumsy guy because seriously although Seungkwan is clumsy and stubborn and he tends to mock Seungcheol’s weakness towards that awful guy from the RD department Seungcheol can’t deny his fondness for his baby cousin. After all he is an alpha, and Seungkwan is an omega. Instincts can’t lie y’know?

He huffs before he pulls his gaze away to the front again, and he’s surprised to see the new CEO (he never likes to mention the CEO’s name, because he has the same family name as him) staring intensely at his cousin. Oh boy, Seungcheol can practically feel the need to be close to Seungkwan coming from the CEO, almost snorting because it makes the people around him squirm in an uncomfortable way. He’s sure that Seungkwan can feel it too, based by the judging frown his cousin is wearing right now.

 

This is going to be so fun.

 

Seungcheol smirks as they stand up and bow to the new CEO, each manager from each department are shaking his hand for good luck and hoping to work well starting from now and blah blah blah. When it’s his turn, he bows his head politely, raising his eyebrows subtly when the CEO takes his hand a little bit too firmly when they shake their hands a few times. Seungcheol wants to snort again but he simply smiles and make a quick glance to his cousin. The reaction is almost instant, a low, quiet growl comes from the new CEO, accompanied by a deathglare as the new CEO follows his secretary out of the meeting room.

He waits until there are only his team in the room, finally addressing his terribly late cousin with a strict look. Seungkwan looks guilty, a bit sheepish and Seungcheol really wants to smack him square in the face. He sighs, deciding that the lecture can wait. Right now though, he has to think of a plan to make the CEO tries his hardest to make an advance for Seungkwan.

The CEO is an alpha, Seungcheol knew about that immediately when he smelled the unfamiliar powerful scent coming from here this morning. As long as he knows, this guy is the typical rich kid that plays too much until his parents got bored of his antics. Sure, the possibility that he’s not entirely a bad guy is open, but Seungcheol doesn’t want his baby cousin to be a victim of a rich kid wanting to have a taste of an omega. Omegas are becoming rare these days, and any alpha basically will do anything to at least have with an omega in heat. It’s their instincts, as an alpha himself Seungcheol hates it deeply, because there are so many omegas suffering because alphas can’t keep their in their pants.

Seungkwan is precious, his only male cousin from his mother’s  side, the only omega in his family so as an alpha the urge to protect him is strong. Grinning, he pats Seungkwan’s back and he urges them to go out of the room, only winking when Seungkwan and the rest of the team stare at him like he grows a second .

 

Don’t worry, Seungkwannie. Hyung got your back.

 

(Seungkwan did pay for his lunch that evening, too intrigued with “the new CEO’s top secret” Seungcheol is blabbering about.)

 

 

-

 

 

“Why were you late to the meeting, Kwan? I thought you said you’re curious about the new boss?” Seokmin asks as he throws a small towel for Seungkwan. That kid still has a few drops of water rolling from his temple to his cheeks. Grinning, Seungkwan catches the towel and he wipes all the remaining water from his cheeks and his temple.

It’s a good thing that the room’s temperature isn’t as cold as usual. Seungkwan appreciates the warm mug filled with cocoa plus marshmallow, courtesy to another kind hyung who takes pity to his soaked-from-the-heavy-rain-form earlier. Sometimes, being an omega has its own perks. Plus, he’s one of the youngest members in the team, so basically everyone sees him as a baby who needs extra care and protection. “My bed doesn’t want me to leave him alone when the weather is cold like now.” He says, still with his cheeky grin. Seokmin stares at him with a flat expression and Seungkwan fakes a pout.

“Whatever. I have loads of work today and I need to start now so I can go home exactly at five later.” Seokmin shrugs his shoulders, turning to his cubicle and leaving a pouting Seungkwan behind. His head pops out again only to smirks at Seungkwan before saying, “By the way, I think the new CEO kinda wants to know you more, Seungkwannie. Judging from his curious stare and the actual “I want to get close to you” pheromones he was releasing earlier, I think he’s attracted to you. Aw, what a good catch.” Seokmin winks, wiggling his eyebrows in such silly manner it makes Seungkwan wants to throw the nearest box from the place he’s standing now. After releasing a boisterous laugh his horse hyung disappears to his cubicle, once again leaving Seungkwan alone.

He decides that he will actually work properly today. He needs distraction from all of this The new CEO is attracted to the fabulous Jeju boy! news. Turning around to his own cubicle, he bumps onto a firm body, almost making him fall on his if not for his fast reflex steadying his legs. He fixes his stare to glare at the person but he stutters when he sees the handsome face of the new CEO staring at him with curiosity shining in his clear brown eyes.

 

Oh .

 

Seungkwan gulps down nervously when the CEO tilts his head to the side, probably sensing the it’s him aura from Seungkwan. With his magnificent eyes (and with a heavy heart Seungkwan has to admit that his eyebrows are fantastic as well) his gaze travels from head to toe and a judgmental smirk spreads on his thin lips.

Seungkwan gasps offendedly.

Well, whoever says that this stupid guy has a crush on him is dead wrong. He just received a rather degrading smirk from this arrogant man! Pft, what a jerk.

 

“So you’re the one that came ten minutes late at the meeting earlier? What was your name again? Boo something? I didn’t catch it sorry.” New CEO says with a chuckle. Seungkwan frowns because he’s never only Boo something he’s a fabulous guy with a unique family name although the CEO doesn’t remember his name’ and not his family name but he is doing the lame pep talk Soonyoung hyung usually does and Seungkwan wants to give him his face but he doesn’t want to make Seungcheol hyung suffer because of him.

He gives his best trying to smile sincerely but it comes out so fake Seungkwan hopes that this guy is as dense as Jeonghan hyung. “Yes, uh-uhm, sir. My name is Boo Seungkwan, pleasure to meet you.” Seungkwan bows his head a little, cursing himself for stuttering because he forgets the new CEO’s name. The new CEO raises his (still fantastic) eyebrows, his lips tugging into another smirk that makes Seungkwan wants to punch the smirk down to his .

Seungkwan desperately tries to hide his needs to roll his eyes. He almost thinks he’s successful until the CEO chuckles again, shaking his onyx head in a way that makes Seungkwan feels like he’s a freaking five years old getting scolded by his father because he breaks mom’s original china vase or something.

 “Boo Seungkwan. I’ll be sure to remember that. Hm, you know that I’m an alpha right? And alphas have better smelling sense than betas, so you probably know that I can smell the cocky pheromones you’re releasing when we’re talking. Also the distinct  I-don’t-like-you aura surrounding you ever since you bumped onto me.” The new CEO grins when Seungkwan visibly stiffened. “Such an interesting guy. Almost everybody in that room have that “I’ll work hard to please him’ aura but you, you’re different. I like that.”

 

Seungkwan frowns.

 

“Sir, with all respect I don’t think we should waste our time standing doing nothing in the middle of the way like this. So, if you don’t mind can you please—”

 

The CEO shushes him with a hand.

 

“Weren’t you the one slacking off with that friend of yours earlier?” Chuckling, he pats Seungkwan’s shoulder. “Don’t worry, I was on my way to the coffee shop for a short coffee break. The place is so far away though, I feel like I need someone to fetch my usual cappuccino latte from down there. Anyways, I’ll be on my way Mr. Boo.” The CEO (he still forgets the name) winks at him before continuing his steps to the coffee shop.

After maybe one meter away from Seungkwan, he stops, turning around and says, “Ah, by the way, the name’s Choi Hansol. Don’t forget my name again okay? Besides, what kind of employee that forgets his boss’ name, huh, Seungkwan-ah? I’ll make sure to check your division and ask your supervisor about this.” His face becomes stern for a second, his eyes glinting with strictness that makes the omega in Seungkwan whimpers pitifully because that was definitely the alpha trying to say “Obey me.” in a very subtle manner.

He quickly answers with an almost meek “yes sir”, turning around to at least avoid the sharp pheromones Mr. Choi is releasing from in front of the elevator. His omega is still whimpering, almost trembling because of the sheer amount of power. He never really knew that an alpha has this much control over an omega. His sisters are alphas, and Seungcheol hyung is an alpha too, and a few of his friends are alphas but they are gentle and they’re chill. This is his first time getting reprimanded by an alpha that shows his dominance over Seungkwan.

Feeling a little angry and ashamed, he starts his computer, determined to finish at least two—no, four strategies for their marketing campaign that will erase the mocking smirk from Mr. Choi’s stupid face forever.

 

Ugh, he hates his new CEO.

 

(He throws a pencil case to Seokmin when the guy casually whistles after Mr. Choi disappeared behind the elevator’s doors.)

(He smacks the beta’s head, when Seokmin shout-whispers that he can practically smell the from his own cubicle.)

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N : All my tears, blood, and sweat will be soothed by your comments, upvotes, and love! Thanks for reading babies:* I love youuuu~