Say Yes

Breathe In, Breathe Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Say Yes

Notes: Inspired by the TV show, 'Say Yes To The Dress'. I was watching clips of it on YouTube when this plot came into mind. And I freaking miss OnKey so I wanted to write again. Sorry for any mistakes. Enjoy reading! ^^ (P.S. I might rewrite this into a full oneshot. Idk when. But I will one day lol)

* Meraki = a word that modern Greeks often use to describe what happens when you leave a piece of yourself (your soul, creativity, or love) in your work

 

 

Meraki. An upscale bridal boutique in Seoul catering for brides and grooms-to-be with their array of gorgeous wedding gowns and tuxedos from various well-known designers all over the world. Kim Kibum, aged 26, has been working for Meraki as a consultant for the past 6 years. The sight of people coming in and out of the boutique is a normal sight for him. He welcomes them with his signature smile, offering them help with choosing the right dress or tuxedo for them. For him, to see the smile of his clients whenever they picked the perfect one for them is fulfilling enough. He loves his job and will never get tired of it.

 

~~

 

Kibum starts his day by waking up at 5am to cook breakfast for him and his boyfriend Lee Jinki.

 

Lee Jinki is a 28-year-old restaurateur who owns several restaurants all over Seoul. They first met at Meraki when Jinki accompanied his mom to pick a gown for her and his dad’s 50th wedding anniversary. Kibum was then assigned to help his mother out and Jinki was swept off his feet when he saw him. Cliché but for Jinki, it was love at first sight. So, does for Kibum. Throughout the whole appointment, Jinki flirted with him with bad puns and lame pick-up lines that even his own mother stopped him and apologized to Kibum for his son’s behavior. Kibum didn’t mind it at all, reassuring Jinki’s mom that it’s okay and that it made his heart beat like crazy.

 

“Babe! Breakfast is ready!”

 

After that first meeting, Jinki always went to visit Kibum at work. At first, Kibum was feeling extremely uncomfortable because it’s Lee Jinki we’re talking about. A famous restaurateur. Out of Kibum’s reach. Yes, he gets a decent amount of pay as a consultant but Jinki? His salary is just change for him. Plus, he’s outrageously handsome, like he’s some model who came out of the magazine while he is just a potato. But there he was, laughing with his co-workers, even becoming friends with his boss and bringing him and the whole team lunch EVERYDAY. It went on for 3 months until Kibum finally gave in and went on a date with him and the rest is history. They’ve been together now for 5 years and got engaged last month.

 

“Good morning~” Jinki greeted him with a kiss on both cheeks. “I’m so hungry.”

 

“I cooked your favorite scrambled eggs.” Kibum said as he took a sip of his coffee. “You skipped dinner last night.”

 

Jinki gave him a wide grin as he took a big bite of his toast, crumbs falling all over the table. Such a kid. “Whush sho twired.”

 

“Manners, Jinki.” The said man chuckled as he drank his orange juice. “I said I was so tired.” Kibum rolled his eyes and continued eating.

 

“Oh! By the way, have you picked your tuxedo yet? I already picked mine when we went to Meraki last week.” Jinki said. Kibum looked away and shook his head. “I haven’t… maybe I’ll look again later during my shift.” he lied. The truth was he already saw one, but it was way too expensive and out of his budget. It was a pink Sicilia Suit in Mikado Silk and their boutique only has one stock left. And it’s in his size! What a coincidence! Kibum had his eyes on that suit when it first arrived at their boutique and he fell in love right away. But then again, he had set a specific budget range for his suit and he didn’t want to splurge just on a suit, so he needs to find a similar one that is cheaper.

 

Jinki noticed him staring from afar so he cleared his throat to get his attention. “Are you okay, Bummie?”

 

Kibum gave me a small smile. “Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter