Chapter 2

I am You, You are Me (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2

 

Whenever Alex has nightmares, she would somehow be able to wake herself up from it. However, this time, no matter how hard she tries to wake up, nothing happens. And that’s when she came to accept that she wasn’t dreaming, and although what just happened to her is illogical, she knew she had to do something about it. 

 

Composing herself, Alex steadied her wobbly legs and picked up Jennie’s phone from the bedside table. Swiping open the phone, Alex wondered why Jennie didn’t have a password. She typed in her phone number and called, hoping that someone would answer it. 

 

“H-Hel-lo?” The other line answered, the voice almost trembling.

 

It was strange. It was strange how Alex heard her own voice through the phone. Nonetheless, she gulped hard and cleared . 

 

“I’m Alex. Who are you?” Alex thought that there was a very high possibility that she was talking to Jennie. She assumed that the two of them switched places, no matter how unearthly the idea is.

 

“Alex Tan?! You’re in my body right now?!” The other line shouted, making Alex distance her ear from the phone.

 

“Can you quiet down?! Are you in my house? Don’t let my parents hear you shouting.” Alex whispered harshly. 

 

The heavy breathing from the other line was the only noise that was heard, before Jennie answered, “What are we going to do now?” In spite of putting an effort to cover the fear she was feeling, it was very evident from her voice, that Alex’s heart softened, knowing that Jennie must’ve been as scared as she was, and still is.

 

“Let’s meet up first. I’ll go there. And as much as possible, prevent from talking to anyone there, okay?” Alex hang up and quickly took a shower at the unfamiliar bathroom that made her feel very uncomfortable. Dressing up was a lot more easier than Alex would have thought. Turns out her style were pretty much the same as Jennie’s. Monochromatic. Although Jennie’s are much more void in color, while her’s has a bit of color here and there.

 

Not wasting anymore time, Alex went down from the bedroom as quietly as possible, while finding her way out. The house was bigger than she had expected, in which she seemed like a lost puppy finding its way back home. 

 

At last, after going through the maze like house, Alex was able to find her way through the living room. Her eyes beamed when she saw the door, however she started to feel nervous once she took notice of a man sitting at the couch. 

 

From the looks of it, the man, whom Alex assumes as Jennie’s dad, is around his late forties. He had his reading glasses on and an iPad on his lap. His wrinkles showed as he read something from the iPad. 

 

Hoping that Jennie’s dad wouldn’t notice her, Alex quietly walked passed the man.

 

“Where are you going?” The austere voice of Jennie’s dad made Alex stop her tracks.

 

Calm down. Don’t panic. 

 

Alex turned around, faking a smile. “I’m just going to meet up with a friend. Don’t worry, I won’t be late, dad.” Her nervousness started to show through her sweaty palms.

It didn’t even help that Jennie’s dad was staring at her, and she couldn’t read what was on his mind. Did he notice? At panic, she said, “I’ll be back, dad.” Alex quickly turned around and rushed outside of the house.

 

Once she arrived at her house, Alex rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the gate for her. 

 

“Yes dear?” Her mother opened the gate, smiling at her.

 

“Mom!” Alex accidentally shouted. “I mean, Alex’s mom.” She laughed nervously before calming herself down. “Is Alex there? I’m… Jennie, her friend.”

 

Alex’s mother let her in and showed her her room. Not wasting a second. Alex immediately opened the door and saw herself, which is technically Jennie, sitting at the bed, staring at the wall.

 

She suddenly felt strange that she’s seeing herself through another person’s eyes. It was all too foreign to her.

 

“Jennie?”

 

“Oh my god!” Jennie’s eyes widened once she saw herself, just like how Alex felt, although Jennie is a bit more expressive of it. 

 

Jennie stood up from the bed and observed the girl in front of her. It felt like a dream, or maybe even a nightmare. 

 

Although Alex, herself, was weirded out, she tried to set it aside and focus on fixing the problem instead.

 

“Enough of that. We need to find a solution, but before that, how did this even happen in the first place?” Alex sat on her bed, trying hard to reminisce what had happened the night before.

 

“Do I look like I know?” Jennie sat beside Alex, who closed her eyes, controlling herself.

 

Breathing heavily, Alex explained in a slow manner, “That’s why we’re here together, so we can figure it out.” She couldn’t stand seeing herself having Jennie’s y attitude. 

 

The two tried hard thinking of what possibly went wrong as to why this happened to them.

 

“Maybe the bartender casted a spell on us.” Jennie thought out loud, her voice full of grudge just by thinking of the suspicious bartender.

 

“I doubt that he’s a witch, but I think it has something to do with the party. Maybe the drinks?” Alex suggested since the memory of them drinking a shot of alcohol was the last thing she could remember.

 

Jennie agreed, “We should find that guy. I swear I’m going to make his life miserable once I catch him.” 

 

“Woah. It’s never good to jump into conclusions. We’ll look for him and ask him if he knows something about what’s happening, but first, I think it’s safe to establish some rules since we don't know how long we’ll have to be stuck like this.” 

 

“Yup. We should.”

 

“I’ll go first, Listen.” Alex instructed, making sure that Jennie’s listening to her before she starts with her rules. “You shouldn’t break any school rules, meaning, be a good student. Do all the homeworks. Speak like how I speak. Be polite, no curse words. Never be late to any class.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter