Chapter 1

I am You, You are Me (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter One

 

There it is again, that wicked laugh that indicates trouble. That wicked laugh that makes Alex sigh and run to rescue whoever the target for today is. Alex rounded the corner of the 3rd floor and saw a girl being cornered by the great Jennie Kim. 

 

Without any hesitation, Alex went over to the two and gently pushed Jennie away from the trembling Yeri who was on the verge of crying. Alex smiled at the smaller one, offering her handkerchief and telling her to go.

 

Feeing tired of trying to fix all the problems and mess Jennie creates, Alex closed her eyes and breathe in deeply, controlling her emotions. “When will you stop Jennie?” It was a rhetorical question to which she knew the answer to, nevertheless, she still asked.

 

“Let me think… Never.” Jennie stepped closer to Alex, her signature smirk appeared on her face, causing the student council vice president to groan. Alex wasn’t particularly fond of Jennie Kim, in fact almost half of the school isn’t. 

 

When it comes to the school delinquent, Alex believes that there’s a fine line that divides the school into two: those who loves Jennie Kim and those who hates her. 

 

Alex is known to have a great patience. She was able to miraculously tame Hyuna, one of the known bullies. However, Jennie Kim is another story. Alex is already on the verge of giving up whenever she encounters Jennie, her patience for Jennie had already reached its limit, which is why she isn’t all smiley when talking to her.

 

“Yah. What are you doing?” A hand protectively pulled Alex away from Jennie. Alex looked beside her and saw Siwon glaring at Jennie.

 

Jennie snorted and faked a surprise. “Oh! Look who’s here. Looking as neat as ever aye?” Jennie played with Siwon’s necktie, but her hand got swatted immediately by a raging Siwon. “If you ever do something to Alex, I swear—-“

 

Jennie rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah.” She then clasped her hands and pretended to look dreamily.
“How sweet of the prince to protect his princess.” 

 

Alex watched as Jennie turned her back and slowly walked away from them. She practically hears Jennie’s sarcastic and rude comments everyday that she’s almost immune to it.

 

“Are you okay? Did that girl do anything to you?” Siwon worriedly asked, into which Alex replied with a smile. “I’m fine. I’m sure Jennie isn’t capable of physically harming me. However I’m worried for her targets. It was Yeri this time.” Remembering Yeri’s terrified look made Alex shake her head. 

 

“Well, let’s just hope that she’ll have a change of heart. You can do it! Just tell me if she does anything to you, okay?” Siwon tried cheering Alex up. 

 

The bell rang, interrupting their talk. Siwon walked Alex to her classroom before going on his way. Having Siwon with her made her feel like a little girl who’s constantly pampered. She liked that Siwon cared for her but sometimes he goes overboard to the point where Alex only sees him as an overprotective older brother. But she thought that maybe that’s just how Siwon really is.

 

When break came, Alex walked up to Jisoo, who was seated with her friends. “Jisoo, can I talk to you for a second?” 

 

“Sure.” Jisoo smile, which she only shows to few poeple, and stood up from her seat leaving her friends. 

 

“Can you talk to Jennie? I saw her cornering Yeri earlier. I’m sure she’ll listen if you talk to her about it.” Alex had lost count of how many times she had asked Jisoo that kind of favour, but she hoped that one day Jennie’s mind will be enlightened by her friend and who knows, she’ll stop bullying the weak ones.

 

“She’s at it again?” Jisoo placed her hand on her forehead and shook her head. “She hasn’t bullied anyone last week, and now here she goes again.” She mumbled but Alex was able to hear it. Jisoo gave Alex an apologetic smile before saying “Don’t worry, I’ll talk to her.” 

 

“Thanks Jisoo.” Alex smiled back and went over to her friends. From their table, she could see Jisoo reprimanding Jennie, who came late to their table. She could hear Jennie’s voice inside her head, sarcastically replying to Jisoo. 

 

Alex, at first, thought that birds of a feather flock together when she saw the four: Jennie, Jisoo, Rosé, and Lisa. Appearance wise, in one look, you’ll know that they’re bullies, es, and every word used to describe y queenkas. However, Alex had come to know they, except Jennie, aren’t really that bad. She never actually saw the three bullying anyone, but yes, they’re very intimidating.

 

In fact, when she got to know Jisoo, during the time when the latter served a disciplinary action, Alex gained a tad bit of hope that Jennie isn’t as bad as she thinks she is. 

 

Alex and Jisoo talking to each other with a light smile on their face was a shocker to the students. The Vice President of the student council and one of the school ‘bullies’ being friends, who wouldn’t be surprised? 

 

It was all a misunderstanding on the students’ part, Alex believes. Jisoo isn’t really what others think she is. In front of her peers and Alex as well, she’s a quirky little girl who just loves to have fun, Alex can justify that. Although sometimes Jisoo’s ‘fun’ can hurt others without her knowing consciously. 

 

“Lex, a party will be held on Friday night, its Jimin’s birthday. Let’s go together.” Alex didn’t even notice that Siwon was already seating beside her. Regardless of that, she looked at Siwon with a slight frown on her face. 

 

“Siwon, I thought you knew that I don’t go to parties.” All her closest friends knew that she had never gone to a party, excluding formal ones. She was a bit disappointed that Siwon was now telling her to come with him at that party.

 

“Come on lex, I already asked Uncle and Auntie about it, they agreed.” Siwon beemed. 

 

It irked Alex that Siwon was making a decision for her. She never liked it when people decide for her, but of course, she kept it to herself.

 

“You haven’t attended any party, and plus, Jimin’s our friend. He’ll be happy if you’ll come.” Alex clenched her hand under the table, her nails digging through her palms. The look her friends are giving her isn’t helping at all. 

 

Alex took a deep breath, opening her palms, which were already red. “I guess I could come.” She faked a smile at the excited Siwon and her friends. 

 

“Jimin would be happy that you’ll come!’ Jimin and Siwon are friends, but just because they’re friends doesn’t mean Alex and him are friends too, acquaintance is the right term, Alex thinks. They never really talked unless needed or when Siwon was there. 

 

 

Ever since their Science teacher changed, Alex lost interest on the subject. She was bored and kept fighting her eyes that feels so heavy, but as what she promised herself, she was going to study hard and make her parents proud. So when the final bell rang, Alex heaved a sigh of relief as she can now go home.

 

When Alex finished fixing her bag and making sure that she brought all the things she needed, the hallways were already clear, aside from a student who caught Alex’s eye because of littering. 

 

Alex didn’t need to see the face of the girl to know who it was. The bag hanging from her right shoulder and the way she walked was already a giveaway. “Hey! Pick up that wrapper and throw it properly at the trash can.” 

 

Jennie halted and turned around to face Alex, who was approaching her. “This whole school is a big trash can anyway.” Jennie snorted, causing Alex to sigh. Somehow, she always sighs whenever she encounter the trouble maker. 

 

“Why do you even have to chew a bubble gum every time?” Knowing that Jennie wouldn’t bother to bend down and pick up the wrapper, she did it herself and placed it in her pocket to throw later on. 

 

“Because I’m cool.” Jennie crossed her arms and smirked.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter