The Beginning

Pulling Me In Like You're Gravity

AGE 19 (PRESENT DAY)

 

Jungkook stands nervously at the door to Jimin’s apartment. THEIR apartment, he says to himself. They share it now. He takes a deep breath as he knocks on the door, since Jimin hadn’t given him a key to the apartment yet. He hears a scurry, and a curse, probably his clumsy best friend falling or slipping on the floor. Jimin throws open the door with the biggest grin on his face, and Jungkook can’t help but stare at the pastel pink hair carefully styled over his forehead.

 

“JUNGKOOKIE!” Jungkook is too distracted by the pastel hair before to realize that Jimin is already pulling him and his luggage into the apartment, chattering away at how happy he is to have the younger boy there finally, and all Jungkook can do is stare at him. Jimin notices, raising an eyebrow as he looks up at the younger boy in front of him, brown eyes wide. “Is there something on my face?”

 

Jungkook shakes his head quickly, holding his hands out in front of him. “No no no no no nothing like that, Jimin hyung. Your hair…. It just surprised me. I didn’t expect it to be pink, when it was black the last time that I saw you.” He chuckles nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. He doesn’t mention the fact that Jimin looks like a tall glass of pink lemonade, that Jungkook just wants to drink up and swallow down. ual pun intended. He groans inwardly at his own thoughts, but his face stays passive, just looking down at Jimin, who’s beaming.

 

“I wanted a change, and I saw the dye at the hair salon I usually go to, so I asked for it! It looks good, doesn’t it?” Jungkook has to bite down a groan as he nods. TOO good, he wants to say, but he can’t.

 

“It looks really good Jimin hyung.” Jungkook says with a smile, trying to fight off everything that he feels for the older boy. He’s Jimin’s roommate now, and he can’t act on these feelings, even though he’s going to be in such close proximity to the sinful angel he calls Jimin.

 

“Thanks Jungkookie! How about I help you unpack your stuff, and then we can go out and get something to eat? I haven’t had time to do the grocery shopping for the week yet, since I was busy cleaning up the apartment so that you could move in!” Jungkook nods, going back over to grab the handle of his suitcase, only for Jimin to beat him to the luggage and start tugging it all down the hallway. Jungkook just laughs softly, following behind the short boy.

 

Jungkook’s room is the second on the left, just after the bathroom. There’s already a decorated sign on the door, obviously done by Jimin, though the copious amounts of glitter and badly drawn rabbits suggest that his twin had a hand in the making of it. Taehyung loves glitter and cannot draw to save his life.

 

“Here we areeee~” Jimin says in a sing-song voice as he opens the door to Jungkook’s room, flitting around to start unpacking, letting Jungkook look around the space.

 

Jungkook realizes how much time Jimin must have put into making his room seem nice. The walls are a light blue, Jimin’s favorite color, and the carpet is plush and clean, a dusty grey color that is just light enough that Jungkook will have to take precautions not to spill on it. The bed is a queen sized, fitted with white sheets and a comforter. It’s something that screams Jimin, but is subtle enough to agree with Jungkook’s taste. It makes Jungkook’s heart melt a little bit, seeing all the work that his hyung put into making his bedroom nice and liveable. He turns to see Jimin unfolding and hanging up his clothes, humming softly, his small body swaying with the beat. It takes everything in Jungkook’s control to not go up to the older boy and hug him from behind, wrapping him in his arms.

 

Instead, he walks over to help Jimin, long fingers working as he hangs up his clothing, shoulders brushing against Jimin’s. His cheek flush slightly as he hangs up his clothes and neatly puts his shoes away.

 

“Thank you for letting me stay here Jimin. For letting me live with you.” His voice is quiet, but Jimin turns to him immediately, brown eyes wide.

 

“Oh Jungkookie don’t be like that! You know that I love and adore you. There’s no one else that I would rather live with, and we’re going to the same academy! You’re my best friend, and it only makes sense. Plus, I really wanted to live with you.” His lips turn up into that smile that Jungkook loves so much, and he can feel his heart turning to mush, a smile growing over his cheeks as he listens to Jimin speak. He’s barely finished before Jungkook is pulling him into a crushing hug, causing the older boy to squeak loudly, giggling. “Careful! You’re much bigger and stronger than I am, Jungkook-ah.” Jungkook quickly lets him go, apologizing quickly.


“How about that food, Jungkookie? Galbi sound good?”