Starting Something New

Reality or Fantasy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: 700+ views for just 2 chapters? Seriously guys? Thank you very much for all who take time reading this fanfic. I decided to make a longer update this time for you. Just want to warn all the viewers that this part used some cuss words mainly to display the attitude of the character and not for any offense meant. 

Love lots to all of you! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 year later…..

Kim’s POV*

Studying is definitely a pain in the . No way would I waste my precious mind just to think and solve the value of x in every equation. Dude, I can’t even solve my own problem on my ‘ex’, hell they’d expect me to answer theirs? And what’s with those electrons and protons’ comparison to a male and female being attracted to each other just because of the opposite gender? Oh God, that’s the lamest point I ever heard. Don’t they know our era today? It’s supposed to be modern and yet, they can’t represent the same attractions through those stupid magnets.

This is not effective! I screamed to myself as I skimmed through the pages of my books with a lot of things running in my head. Maybe, I could try again later since my memory is full. So instead of drifting off to my dreamland, I decided to watch a movie to keep me awake. While I’m digging through the pack of my DVDs, there was a knock on the door revealing someone I didn’t expect to see.

“Y..Yam? You came back? Is this real?”

“Yes Kim. I just arrived 3 days ago but I wasn’t ready to face you yet. I’m so sorry I left you.” My ex-girlfriend genuinely apologized, managing to flash a weak smile despite the situation.

I’m actually in a rollercoaster of emotions right now, but I think being honest to yourself and to the one you love won’t hurt a bit, right? “I’d lie to you if I say that I wasn’t hurt or miserable with the way we handled the situation back then but I’m happy that you’re willing to take another chance for our relationship.” By just looking at her radiant face, I can say that she’s doing well but curiosity rose over me about her New York days. “By the way, how’s New York?”

“It was great. We finished everything on schedule and they gave me a month-long vacation to rest and be with my family. That’s why I’m here.” Her face lit up the moment she shared how she was granted to have a vacation. Well I can’t blame her. She’s been working her out just to fulfill her dream to become a professional model ever since. Good thing that she’s passionate and goal-driven. “How you’ve been doing while I’m away?” she shifted the topic on me.

“I’ve been very busy with the internship and now, as you can see I’m trying to study because next week will be our final exams.” With the scattered books and hand-outs all over the living room, I guess she got a hint already of what I was doing before she came in.

“Really? I can see that you’ve changed a lot. I’m glad that you’re back on track.” A small smile crept on her face as she held my hand and squeezed it tight.  I returned the gesture in an instant by gently patting her arm as I mouthed “thank you” showing my appreciation to the compliment.

But suddenly, I saw a small head peeping out of her back. A kid? God, I almost didn’t notice it and why was she with Yam? Oh wait, maybe she’s her niece. “Who is she? Is she Natalie, your niece that you used to talk about? I asked, kneeling down next to the light-tanned model to recognize the child’s presence. “Hi kiddo, how are you?”

“Uh—hmm..”

“She’s cute.” The young brunette smiled at me upon hearing those words, her blush seared through her ruddy cheeks before I focused my attention back to my ex-girlfriend. “So where are your bags? I’ll help you get it so you can move here. Uncle Rob surely won’t mind.”

“No Kim… “ She responded nervously, biting her lip which gave me a sensation that something’s not right.  “S—She is…my daughter. Her name is Alison.”

“Huh? I don’t understand. You’re here to fix our relationship, right? But you’re saying that she’s your daughter and that only means you’re……” I voiced out with confusion, getting stopped after seeing her fiddling her finger with a diamond ring on it. “I’m already married.” She continued what I was about to say, almost inaudible.

“How? Why? This is not a good time to make fun of me Yam.” This is ridiculous! I said at the back of my mind. Trying to be firm in front of somebody is futile when tears threaten to brim out. “It’s true. I just came here to apologize properly so we can both move on with o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter