Jealousy

Reality or Fantasy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim's POV

“Mom! I’m leaving now. My class starts at 8 this morning and it’s kind of rude to be late considering I just came back.” I inform my mom who’s currently helping Nana Lucia prepare our breakfast. I don’t have enough time to eat because most probably, I’d be late again if I did. So instead of having a meal, I just go for a banana and drink only half glass of my milk that’s already been set on the table.

“Take care baby!” My mom’s voice called from the kitchen and I let out a breathy laugh. “I just want you to know that your Dad and I are really proud of you.”

She took off her pinny and walked towards me. “Really mom? You’re crying again?” She sniffed, wiping her tears using the back of her hands before hugging me tightly.

“I can’t help it, okay! Both of my children are growing too fast.” I rub her back comfortingly, attempting to calm her in a way. “Mom, you should learn not to worry about me and most especially Ava because I’m gonna be there for her every single step of the way whenever she needs me.”

I felt her kissed the top of my head, whispering, “Alright baby, go ahead and drive safely. I’m sure you’ve missed your special girl so much.”

“I did mom and later, I’ll be asking her to be my date on Friday.”

“Really? Wow that’s good to hear! Now do what you need to do now ‘cause tomorrow, we’ll have the preparations for your most memorable night.

“Thanks mom, you’re the best!”

 

Flashback

“So Pie, did Van finally confess his feelings for you?” Pie nearly choked on her food, wondering how on earth her mom would know it even before she spills the beans.

“Mom, how-----“ she didn’t get to finish what she’s going to say because her mom beat her into it.

“I’ve been there before, Pie. I know what admiration is when I see one. I saw the way Van looks at you when you’re both younger. He looks at you like you’re the only one that matters to him.”

Pie chewed her food first before answering, “I’m not gonna lie to you, mom. I once admired him before maybe because of my own reasons. He protected me from anything that might harm me. He has been there for me when I need a friend or someone who can appreciate my worth and most of all, he never fails to treat me like a princess. But I feel like there’s something missing if I take that as a potential love.”

The old woman rose up from her seat and stood beside her daughter, gently running her fingers through the brunette’s hair. “Maybe it’s too early for you to decide for that. Just enjoy your friendship with him for now. Love can wait, Pie. If the time comes that you’ll develop such feelings for him, take the risk and tell him. Life may be short for all of us not to grab any chance of happiness when it’s already in front of us but please don’t forget what I used to say to you back then.”

Pie looks up to her mom and speaks, “To follow what my heart is saying?”

“Hmm…” her mom nods softly, trying to challenge Pie more if she truly knows what she’s saying. “…and why do you think that’s important?”

“Because….” Pie started off, “our heart will always know the answer.”

 “Because your heart knows things that your mind cannot explain.” The old woman explicates.

“Always remember this Pie. You might feel confused, crazy and doubtful at times with how your mind works but believe me when I say that your heart knows exactly to whom it is beating for.”

Kim… I don’t know why she’s the first one who came to my mind. I’ve tried so hard to think about something else but I just keep on coming back to her.

Turning back the time when her gaze first met mine in the coffee shop I’m working in, it’s her face which gave me a glint of interest and spark of fascination. It was like she has the power to make everything stop around me, raise my heart beating and make me sound desperate by just wanting to see her again at all costs.

In all honesty, I’ve never thought I’d be able to find a simple happiness by just savoring a moment with somebody’s company. Yeah, looks can be deceiving at times but with Kim’s case, I feel like I’ve eaten up my own words by thinking that she wants nothing but to fool around. I don’t usually trust people because I know that it might hurt me in the end. But whenever I’m with her, I feel like I have this…sense of completeness.

Unaware with her mom’s curious gaze at her, Pie finds herself smiling at the thought of how Kim makes her feel these crazy and unexplainable sensations. “It feels as though your heart is dancing around your chest and the hole in it…., you were never aware was there, has been filled.” She stated effortlessly.

Her mom looks at her adoringly, certain that Pie likes someone at this moment but decided not to ask about it instead. She has never seen this different glow and light on Pie’s face and whoever the person behind it, she’s already grateful to them for making her daughter happy. “Judging by how you uttered those words, you sound like you’re in love, sweetheart. Are you sure you don’t feel that way to Van?”

Pie's POV

I was about to answer back when I felt someone nudging my arm to get my attention. “Pie, are you not feeling well? I’m asking you some things for quite a while now but you’re zoning out ever since we left your house?”

I blink at him g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter