CHAPTER FIVE

Obscure Misadventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a few small axes they managed to found scattered in the houses out of the castle ground, they were able to knock down a few bamboo trees which were conveniently growing nearby the particular area. They took the pieces of tree barks that were found lying on the forest floor before placing them on a huge banana leaves along with a stack of bananas to fill their energy back up. Who knew Taehyung had very fancy way of thinking?

 

The group were indeed in deep thoughts as they continued walking down to their north. Their outfits were dirty and super messed up but that was the least of their concern since there were other things to be thinking about. Thankfully, no one seemed to bring the topic up into discussion as their minds only filled with ways to escape the island. Sujeong was the fourth one in line after Jiyeon since Yoongi was leading the way and refused to have Jimin far from his sight. He felt somewhat responsible for the injury.

 

“How are we supposed to build a raft? Do any of you know how?” Yein looked to her front and back where Sujeong and Taehyung were walking respectively. She tended to throw out good questions when Sujeong realised it while being stuck on the island for the less 24 hours. “We’ll figure it out somehow.” Taehyung simply replied as he, Jungkook and Jiae were carrying the supply as they were on the end of the line. That girl, one should not underestimate how strong she can be when she showed it.

 

“Are you two doing well back there?” Yoongi questioned as he took a quick glance back since the question were mainly for Jimin and Jiyeon. It was a good form of sacrifices Jungkook had done to and the oldest one secretly admired the fellow for it. He did not think of the same thing when they encountered it back there. The bleeding seemed to stop already and Jiyeon was back on her original positive state too which was relieve.

 

As soon as they were at the shoreline, almost everyone was at their own designated position. They discussed on what to do once they were able to hear the sound of sea splashing and they separate ways to their own spot to begin working. Sure, some of them, mainly Sujeong, Taehyung and Jungkook got the slight idea of how to do it based on the number of time them playing adventure games and Jiae stumbled upon a show once where a man made a small boat using just duct tape on the Discovery channel. And it actually worked! If only they had it in their stockpile.

 

On one corner, it seemed like Jiae and Yoongi were figuring out the way on how to make an efficient paddle out of the bamboos and tree barks but all they could hear was anything but an agreement. “Oh no no, that will not work. Come on, the tree bark might end up snapping if we do it that way, you genius.”’ Jiae battled with the fellow and he fired back, “No, you’re the wrong one here. That’s not how Physics said to me, Yoo Jiae.” Hey, at least they had an idea since it seemed to already taken its shape. Such a perfect teamwork if they say so themselves.

 

Jiyeon, Yein, Taehyung and Jungkook already spread out a canvas they was able to found randomly back at the village to make the thing where winds will be doing most of the raft movement. They had been trying hard to think what it actually called but none bother to worry over the small detail. Meanwhile, Sujeong and Jimin were in charge of contemplating a way to float the actual raft. There were not many options given to them and one of them required them to climb which would be dangerous.

 

“Well, how do we suppose to float the eight of us for a long time?” She asked Jimin who was putting on his thinking cap as well. At first he felt useless for not being able to physically help the members but being in charge of figuring out the key part worked well for him too since Sujeong was quite helpful. “I don’t know if it helps but I brought plastic bags. Don’t ask why I brought it but just thought to ease your brains.” Taehyung suddenly joined them before secretly gesturing Jimin to take a decent rest which the male accepted whole heartedly and disappeared.

 

“Just this wouldn’t cut it, you know? It will burst even before they are placed on the sea.” She told him and passed the bag to the owner’s hand. His lips pursed an expression full of thoughts. “How about those coconuts then? They float, right?” He pointed out as both of them glanced up at a nearby tree. It was possible since it was in one of her option but the longer she pondered, the sooner she realised something.

 

“What are you doing here anyway? Aren’t you supposed to help Jungkook and the girls?” Sujeong asked curiously and she only got a shrug for an answer. This guy, if only his fan would not mind seeing a black eye on their precious member’s face (that is if they managed to shoot the so-called reality show together), her punch would have landed on his face already.

 

“Can you not?”

 

“What?” He replied shortly with a shock expression, apparently taken aback by the statement. She had her hand face-palmed on…the face unbelievably. Was he being oblivious of his own action or he was being his mischievous self again? “Can you stop staring at me? And why not go on and help them? They can use an extra hand from what I see.”

 

“But you need an extra brain to think of a fresh new idea so we’re equal.” He cleverly added. He should stop sounding so smart though because she felt incredibly stupid around him for the past few hours. Come to think of it, since he was not doing anything useful, might as well put him in a good use. “How about you fetch those coconuts then? I don’t think the ones on the ground are enough.” She pointed out with hesitance hiding up her selves. Yes, she was genuinely worried about him for once.

 

“You’re just joking, right Sujeong-ah? That’s one dangerous stunt!” He fired and glanced at the tree before looking back at her. “Don’t tell me you never climb trees before. Are your childhood days this unexciting?” She purposely poured fuel on the fire that had been burning in Taehyung but when she saw him smirking, she knew her plan was working.

 

“Now you’re just questioning my capability. I be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter