Chapter 1

Lens, Love, Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

♥ Chapter 1

   

📷

                I want to love and to be loved. I always repeat these words, chanting them for my whole life. Wishing I had someone I can hold and call him mine and for that person to feel the same way about me. Sure, I had flings and one-sided crushes but they are just that, flings and one-sided crushes. Oh wait, I just remember one, a love story so wonderful I thought I was living in a fairy tale. I’m sorry, I have problem remembering things.

📷

                I was the only son of a couple with 8 other older sisters, pampered and spoilt I was. Always getting what I want, whenever I want them. We’re living in a modest house, living an average life. I never had the motivation to do anything, never had a plan for my future. Not until the last minute, when one of my classmates was boasting around, showing off his new camera; a DSLR camera. The camera transferred from hand to hand, everyone was excited to see it, taking pictures with it. I, at that time, was not interested. Hell, I was never interested in anything life has to offer.

                “Jaejoong, try it why don’t you.” My classmate – the DSLR owner – ushered me to check out his new toy. He’s wiping his wealth on me. I sigh, extending a hand. He handed me the camera and I fiddled around with it, faking interest.

                “Not bad.” I commented, again faking interest.

                “Why don’t you try it out for one day?” I looked up at him, staring deep into his eyes. Why would he gave me an expensive camera, even if it was just for one day? I scanned for any sign of malevolence but this is Park Yoochun we were talking about. One of the kindest guy in school.

                “Sure.” I took the camera with me after school ended. Walking by the familiar road; a canal bank to my left, the water was shimmering under sunset. The view wasn’t anything special but I really love the scenery. I love how the yellowing sky, as if embracing the colour of the sun was separated by a thin blur horizon and the light reflected looked as if they were dancing, briefly touching the surface of the stream. If anyone ever asked what I actually liked about life, I would definitely show them this view – the view that I have loved ever since. I held up the camera, emotions overflowing as I breathe in the view. Click! Truly beautiful, I exclaimed for a few more times before my eyes landed on the screen of the camera. I blink once. Twice. I rubbed my eyes, disbelieved at the picture I took. Though it was less magnificent than it actually seemed but it was still beautiful. I remember crying my way home, my eyes never left the screen. That’s how I fell in love with photography.

📷

                It was the first day of my college years; I’ve decided to take up BFA in Photography at Seoul Institute of The Arts. Everything seemed so different, like a whole new world. Transitioning from a rebellious teenager to a responsible adult was hard for me but somehow I manage to pull through. Thank god Yoochun enrolled under the same institute. Since the day he lent me his camera, we have been pretty close. I could say he was the only person from school who I still contacted. My mother and sisters cried a river when they were sending me off to Seoul. I’ve never been away from my family, ever. I could say I was half concerned and half glad to be out of their reach; entering a new world that could bring excitement to my life.

                Yoochun and I lived in the dorms provided by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter