002

Love 007

"I'm the owner of the scooter you broke." Uee reputed. Joowon was to busy to entertain such nuisance that he ignored Uee's complain and continued on dealing with the notorious criminal cuffed in front of him.

Uee laughed in disbelief. He was rude as hell for someone who is supposed to be a public servant.

"Are you kidding me?" Uee raised her tone making the reporters waiting at the hallways notice her.

Another police who was with Joowon tried to calm Uee down and advised her to just come back later when everything is much more calm and settled. She then had no choice but to just come back later. As she was about to leave the police station, she was surprised that there were several news reporters swarmed around her asking her strange questions as to whether the person caught right now by the detective was the big time drug mafia lord. And whether or not Uee had seen the person detained inside when in fact she didn't get to see the person inside. Cameras and microphones were shoved in front of her face that made her overly uncomfortable. Thankfully someone arrived to answer all those questions asked and Uee got to escape that swarm of reporters and make her way toward the exit. 

"Annyeong haseyo. My name is Joowon, I am the chief detective of the seoul central district. It is indeed true that we have caught someone from one of the big drug mafias in the country, and we are hoping that this is only the start. We will continue on out best to catch every criminal hiding in the district and put them all into bars." 

Uee walked back towards her small home where she found her brother quietly studying in the living room.

"Jaehyun ah! Noona is back!" She called.

"Oh noona! How was your day?" Her eight year old brother asked.

"Look what I got you today?" She said while happily showing the bar of chocolates she bought in the nearby convenience store.

"Chocolates! Wow! Noona you're the best!" Jaehyun remarked giving her a thumbs up. She looked at how excited her brother was upon seeing the chocolate and all her worries just disappeared. 

Uee tries her best to earn money for her brother and her by working part time delivering milk in the morning and working at a convienice store during night time. In between her work, she goes to the university to attend her classes in hopes to finish her degree in fashion design, and open a small clothing store like her mom did when she was still alive.

Since Uee didn't have classes today, she did their laundry, cleaned up the house, and prepared their dinner. After finishing everything, she stopped and look at the family portrait hanging over the living room and tried to reminisce the time their parents were still alive. "Umma, Appa, I hope you guys are doing well. Jaehyun and I are coping just fine. We miss you a lot." she murmured.

Jaehyun and Uee ate their meals queitly before Uee prepared to go to work at her part time job in the convenience store in the evening. 

Her night shift work at the convenience store was the same as always, different types of people that live in the neighborhood come to purchase their specific needs soju, ramyeon, cigarrettes are the most common among them. What she specifically liked about her night shift job is she gets to study at night at times that there are no customers, however there is also the downside in working at such a place. What she didnt like about it was facing roudy and grumpy drunkards. One must be cautious while talking to them becuase they might cause a scene if one makes them upset. 

An old grandfather came hurriedly inside the store, he looked like ran because he was heaving and was sweating so much. He grabbe a bottle of water while still trying to keep an eye outside of the store. He went to the counter and approaced Uee to pay for the drink, while still constantly checking the glass window. As he tried to take the bill out of his pocket, several coins dropped on the floor. He tries to bend and pick it up when Uee volunteered to help. "no need to help me agasshi." the grandfather said.

"It's okay harabojee. Its my job to serve the customers." Uee gladly replied.

"Aigoo, you're such a nice agasshi. Here keep the change." He hands over a bill to Uee.

Uee tried to refuse the change, but the grandfather was hesitant on giving it to her saying she should keep it since, a young person like her working hard overnight must need funds too. The grandfather reminded Uee of her own grandfather. She was his favorite among all of her cousins and would often give her gifts when she comes over to visit him during holidays.

After accepting it from the grandfather, two strange men appeared in front of the store with guns in their hands. "Kang Man Bok! You better not try to escape again!" the person said. Before the two strange guys even try to approach the grandfather, Uee came forward and tried to defend him.

"Who are you and what are you trying to do to this innocent old man?" Uee sternly said. Upon looking closer to the strange men, she felt like the guy was familiar. She tried to recall where she saw him, when finally she remembered the incident this morning. The guy was the detective who almost ran her over and broke her scooter.

"You!" Uee exclaimed but before anything could happen, the grandfather ran and got to escape unscathed.