001

Love 007

Joo Won is a police officer and was on a mission that day to catch a drug criminal hiding in the suburb of Seoul. Being able to catch this criminal would mean he could finally become a 경감 or a senior inspector, a position that he had long wished to obtain. That is why it was no joke, just to be able to catch the criminal himself, he and another assistant inspector had to undergo a stakeout inside the police car for three whole days. Tolerating convenience store food, and days without bath, will all be worth it once he finally gets to catch the culprit.

 

Joo Won’s eyes were about to close when he spotted someone suspicious leaving the motel. He squinted his eyes to try to identify the person when he realizes who it was. He quickly shook his partner up who was now fast asleep and started the car engine.

 

While trying to catch the culprit, he tripled the speed of his car and suddenly turned left and unconsciously almost bumps over a scooter driving beside the car, making the fruits sge was supposed to bring home scatter on the roadside. Uee tried to stand up with her scraped knee and lifted the scooter now missing a side mirror. She tried to see whether the car was still there but it was long gone. She stomped her feet to the ground in disbelief and picked up the remaining fruits on the ground.

 

Uee while dragging the scooter along stopped by the police station to report the incident, hoping she could get compensation at least for the broken side mirror. She almost got into a major accident and she is not going to just let this incident pass. She approached a police officer.

 

“How may I help you agasshi?” The police officer asked.

“Ahjusshi, I came to report a driving incident that happened not long ago.” Uee stated and continued on her explanation of what happened to her. The police officer asked her whether he got to remember any details about the offender. She said she did not get to she the person who did it, but remembers a bit of the description of the car. It was a Silver Hyundai SUV.

 

“How about the plate number? Did you perhaps get a glimpse of it?” The officer asked.

Uee tried to recall whether she did, she closed her eyes as she tried to remember the details. “40 7653! I clearly saw it, I almost forgot but thank god I took a look.” Uee cheerfully said. The police officer typed the number with his eyebrows scrunched he bit his lip as if hesitating to give Uee the name of the culprit.

 

“Agasshi, was this the car that you saw earlier?” the officer asked while showing him a photo on his desktop. Uee nodded and the officer continued on. “It was an undercover car that sped off. Our detective was on a stakeout until this morning to catch a drug criminal.” He explained.

 

“Does that mean he wasn’t in the wrong when he did that? What if someone got into an accident and not just a scooter being damaged?” Uee pointed out. The officer looked speechless and apologetic.

 

“Forget it. What about my compensation then?” Uee asked bluntly.

“Yes, yes. We will prepare that for your scooter.” The officer said and continued on typing.

 

Uee was sitting there silently when there was suddenly a sound of commotion coming from the hallway. A guy was handcuffed while two police officers were walking and holding the guy on both sides. There were also several reporters following them from behind with cameras flashing and reporters asking questions.

 

“Ahjusshi, that guy seems to be famous. Do you know him?” Uee asked. “He’s the big time drug dealer I was talking about earlier.” The officer stated with a poker face expression. After putting the puzzle pieces together, Uee stood up from her seat and followed the direction the criminal and the two officers went into.

 

“Yah! Kim Bum Soo! Are you not talking? To whom do you deliver those drugs to?” Joo Won shouted, looking totally pissed. “I’m going to ask you once again. To whom..” Joo Won was distracted by the presence of another person. He turned his head around and saw an unfamiliar tall female figure. He raised his eyebrow and asked “Who are you?”