Promise?

Promise?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The couple fell asleep as soon as their heads landed on their pillows after a long, exhausting weekday.

 

Until a familiar sound woke one of them.

 

Yuri squinted to observe his beloved better half. He could feel her gentle breaths against his skin. The blonde lady remained undistracted, face slightly hidden at the crook of his neck. He carefully slipped off their bed and rushed out of the room as fast as he can.

 

Jessica stirred from her place and sensed something odd. The other side of the bed was empty. She wanted to snuggle with Yuri but he was not there. Her eyes shifted from their half-open bedroom door to the clock. It’s quarter past midnight. She groggily got up and took slow yet steady steps, trying hard to fight sleepiness to look for her husband.

 

The room beside theirs had its door slightly ajar.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting. What is it this time?”

 

Her ears perked up upon hearing the tanned guy's voice. She leaned on the wall to listen further.

 

“It’s only been a few hours and you already missed me?” Yuri let out a soft giggle. "I’m just kidding.”

 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. Who is her husband talking to at this ungodly hour? Is he on the phone? She can only hear muffled sounds through the wall.

 

“Shhh, please be quiet. Geez, what to do?  Sica’s sleeping!”

 

She wanted to barge in the room but she knew better. Little by little, she tried to take a peek at the door’s narrow slit. She saw her husband’s back figure but she quickly leaned on the wall again when the tanned guy was about to turn facing the door.

 

“Come on... I’m always busy at work, but I still find time to see you."

 

Jessica’s eyes widened. Yuri was seeing someone behind her back? She wondered where she went wrong. Perhaps she gained weight, or looked less attractive after almost a year of their marriage. Maybe Yuri got tired of her, and he found someone younger, prettier, and better. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a sigh from her husband.

 

“You know what? Sometimes I feel really sorry for Sica. She’s stuck here at home all day long when I leave for work, but it can’t be helped.” 

 

A long pause. 

 

“I need to earn money to pay the bills, for our needs… oh, and for your luxury items too!”

 

Fat tears rolled down the blonde lady’s cheeks. She covered her lips with her hands to keep herself from making a sound. All these things were too much for her.

 

“I made a promise. I won’t love any other girl after her… but then you came,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter