Tried to Walk

Tried to Walk

Daehyun's POV

See every vehicles across the road in front of me, become my habit that i always do right now. With a cup of frappuccino which not that feel hot in my hand. I bought it this morning which i could felt that still really hot. Can you imagine how long i've been here alone in this place? 

Always take a shelter under the bus stopping.This place is so quiet with a drizzle which fell from the sky. I sit alone in bench which the tint look already faded. Last time i came here, the tint was still fresh with good dark brown colour.                     

I wipe both my hands trying to get warm from the cold night. 

I'm tightens my warm clothes when the wind blowing so softly to my direction. 

I'm feels so annoying with the person that won't stop staring at my face. His stare make me uncomfortable, it's so different with the stare that full of love he always gave it to me. 

This stare implies some worries, i really hate that. What actually made him so worried about? 

 

"Stop staring at me, hyung. " i said without looking at him. 

 

He stop staring at me,  he stare at the road in front of us. 

He take his breath slowly, he look tired. It make me feel more angry. 

 

"Just go home, hyung. Are you not tired always following me since yesterday? " i said when i face him. 

 

He just smile and move his head from side to side. 

 

"I can't go right now."

 

I stay still. 

 

"Before i get something that can make me calm. "

"With always following me all day long?" my voice sound angry. 

 

He smile again and nod slowly. 

 

"Aren't you happy i can always be by your side? "

"No. I'm not happy at all. " i said quickly. 

"Ya! Before this, you always asked me for accompanied you in every time and wherever you were. And now when i have a time to doing that,  why you always trying to chase me away? " he said with a bit loud. 

"If you always by my side, i can't have a normal live. " i said calmly. 

 "What? " his eyebrows furrowed. 

"Nevermind. I want to go home right now. " i stand up and face him, "don't follow me. " i turn around and leave that place. 

 

But still, eventough i always tell him not to follow me for a hundred time, he still following me around. 

 

It's so annoying. 

 

                                                                                                = ̄ω ̄=

 

I open my eyes. I wake up and sit on my bed. Look around in my room trying to gather my conscious from my sleep. I see a clock that patch at the wall. It's almost noon. I'm trying to reach my phone that is not far from me. I thought i had set alarm in my phone, but why it's not turn on? 

I walk out from my room. Before i go to the kitchen, i walk across the living room. I see my television is still on with a loud noise. I see someone who look so comfortably laid in my coach. That's why i didn't have a nice sleep last night. If i didn't do what he asking me for turn on the tv to watched some match, maybe i can get enough sleep. 

I walk again to my kitchen. I take a cup to make a coffee. I stir it so hard until it make a loud noise to disturb his deep slumber. 

 

"Do you need to stir it that ing hard? " he said with his eyes open and look at me flat. I'm just act innocent in front of him. 

 

I pull out the chair and put my drink on my table. I start to eat the leftover from last night.

 

"There is no greeting? " he sat in front of me across the table. Staring at me with smile. 

"Good morning. "

"If you want to accompany me, make yourself usefull for me hyung." I said after a short silent.

 "What do you mean?"

"I mean, at least you can make a coffee and a breakfast for me every day. Not sleep so comfortably in my couch." I whine. 

"I will do it if i can. But you 've been know that i can't do it anymore." He said with a serious tone. 

 

I look down. 

 

"Daehyun?" He called after when both of us turn silent. 

"Hmm?"

" You are not going to offer me your food? "

"Can you eat it though?" I said quick. It's sound like i mock him, but i really didn't mean it at all. 

"It's not like i want to accept your offer. Your food is not that tasty anyway."

"Great. So i don't have to offer you some then. " i said while take a spoonfull of meat to my mouth. 

"Aish..." He tsked me. He look so annoying  see me being so childish.

 

                                                                                               = ̄ω ̄=

 

"Deahyun, where will you going?" He asked while he walked behind me. 

"I won't tell you, hyung." I said coldly. 

"Are you gonna meet somebody? Hey, come on. Tell me. "

"If you want to know, stop following me then. "

"You know what,  Daehyun? I can't stop following you around. " He showed his gummy smile. 

"There is no point to tell you then if you always following me, hyung. You will know by yourself. "

"Akh, you're right."

 

I will approach someone who already sat in a bench at the roadside that usually use by a bystander to rest for a while. Before.. 

 

"Daehyun, is he the one you want to meet?" He ask with concern. 

"Is he really the one you want to meet? Why he look so old? Wah, look! His nose is so big. Are you calling him hyung? You better call him ahjussi, Daehyun."

"Hyung, can you shut up for  a while? Just so you know, he is younger than you and actually it's you who look like an old man. So can you be quiet please. "

"Really? But still, he look like a old man to me. "

 

I turn around to face him and give him my death glare. It's mean ​​​​​Shut Up or i'll punch your handsome face .  It work to make him quiet though. 

 

"Hyung, can you go to somewhere else for a while? " I wait for his answer but there is no words come out from his mouth. Why he isn't answer my question?  What i can get is his flat face. 

"Why you so quiet and not answer what i asked? "

"Why are you so childish, Daehyun? A moment before, you asked me to be quiet and now you asked me to talked to you. What do you want from me actually? You make me confuse. " He whines. 

"Just answer what i asking."

"You already know what the answer is, Dehyun. I can't. "

"Just for a while. There is something important i want to talk with him and it's not something related with you. " I asked him again. 

"So there is no problem then if i don't want to go."

 

I glare at him.

 

"Whatever. Do what you want." I give up, "You are so annoying."

"What? I'm annoying? You really have no heart called me annoying, Daehyun. " he act exaggerated. 

"Whatever."

"What if i stay away from  you in 5 meter, so i don't be able to hear what you two talk about. How is it? " he offered.

"I don't care. "

"Okay, just pretend that i don't hear. I don't want to disturb both of you. " he smile and winked at me. 

 

I walk to somebody who have been waiting for me. That man smile when see me approach him.

 

"Hai, Ji Ho. I'm really  sorry for making you wait." I greet him.

"It's allright.  I can  wait for a little longer for a cute guy like you. " He said a smile. 

"Wow, it's so cheesy." I can hear a words from someone who  always following me since morning. He is not far away from me.

"Will you get flustered if got a compliment by someone like that?" He's talk non sense but not talk to me. He just talking with a dog which sit in front of him. Talking to a dog like a human  being.

"This is for you." He said while give some americano to me, "it's really hot outside so i bought you some americano. You like it, right?" He smile at me so charmingly. 

"Wah.. He just not look old, that old man act like he know everything too." The other man is talking again to a dog, but the dog just barking at him. 

"I remember, from the old time there is someone who always give me a softdrink which have a grape flavour. It's summer, of course. You know what the reason is? He always gave that kind of flavour whenever he get mad at me. He's so funny though." He is talking while petting the dog's head. I can see  his smile so sincerely from his lips. 

 

I don't know he is still remember my habits. I really hate grape though. I kind of sad right now because  i can't give him something like that anymore.  

I take his give and smile to apprecite his given. Eventhough i'm not into Americano. 

 

"Thanks "

 

I sat beside him and start to talk. I do not hear the words from someone whose followed me since yesterday.  Or for more accurately he is  not start to speak yet again. 

 

"You know, Daehyun? Maybe after this, i should go to the hospital and tell the doctor if i get a diabetes and a heart attack. " he said while he drink his americano. 

"Why? " I frowned. 

"Diabetes because i always drink a sweet drink, and i got accompany from a sweet guy like you. It will make sweeter. That's not good. " he smile so charmingly. 

 

I'm just can mouth agape to hear what he is saying.

 

"Wow.. It's so bad that i'm a guy who already have a lover. " that annoying guy start to talk again, " It's not funny if i have to cheating from my lover. Hahahaha. " he laughing so hard along with a dog.  

" And there is one thing again, my heart is so hurt." His face look sad that i can barely to face him. 

"Why? "

"It's really hurts because until now the guy who already sat beside me, the guy that i like so much haven't answer my feeling yet. " he staring right in my eyes. 

"I'm sorry, " i said with my head down. 

"You still can't forget about him yet, right?"

"Not yet. Or actually i can't forget about him at all. " I stared down.  

"Why? "

"Should i tell you why the reason is?" I brave myself to stare at him, " because i still love him. Love him so much. It's impossible to forget if i still love him."

"But... "

"No matter what happen, i will still love him." i cut his word. 

Ji Ho is not suprise to heard what i said, it's like he already know what my answer is. 

His smiling  so gentle  to me.

 

"What did he do to you that make you close your heart for somebody else?" He tease me. 

 

I chuckle hearing his words. I looking to somewhere else. I staring to a guy who played with a dog since before. 

 

"He make me fallin in love. " I said with sincerely staring to that guy. 

"Yongguk is the lucky bastard to have a lover like you. "

"I think he is really the lucky one. " I said it with confidence. 

 

Drrrtt...  Drrrrttt...

 

I reach my phone when it vibrated in my phocket.  There is a message. 

 

From : Uppie

Hyung, where are you? 

 

Before i reply the message, Ji Ho say goodbye to me. Until a few step Ji Ho leave, Yongguk is already sat beside me. I frowned look at him. 

"That guy is so smooth to flirt with you" he said staring at Ji Ho who already look far away, "don't say to me you that you like being flirt by that ert." 

"What are you talking about? and who was the one you called ert, you ert? " i mocked him.  

 

I looking back to my phone. I already want to reply JongUp's message. 

 

"Who was that message come from?" 

"I'm not telling you. "

 

From: Uppie 

You remember what will you doing today? Are you going to his place?   

 

" Whose place will you going, Dae? What is up with today? " He asked. I feel weird. How can he know what i read without looking at my phone?

"I'm not telling you. "

 

From : Uppie 

Want me to accompany you? 

 

There is no sound out from Yongguk's mouth. 

 

From : Uppie 

It's okay if you don't want me to accompany you. But promise me one thing that you will not cry, okay? I'm sure you really miss him. 

 

I smile read at that message. 

 

"I bet you will cry, Dae? " I thought he won't talk again. 

"If i not cry, what will you betting? "

 

He look deep in thought. 

 

"I will always be with you. ALWAYS." he said with pressure for the last word. 

 

I give a simple smile for what he said. 

 

"Why do you smile like that? "

" You can't promise something if you already know that you can't even fulfill it. " i can see Yongguk's smile, but i can't understand what he is smiling for.

"You're right. But i really mean it, Dae. I really want to be with you whenever and wherever you are. " He said so seriously, "if you don't trust me, what do you want from me then? " he offered. 

" I want you always by my side. "

"Hei, it's the same thing from what i offered before? " 

"Really? " i pretend not to know. 

"You do understand what the meaning of wish, right hyung? "

"Huh? "

"A wish is just a wish. Even it will never happen, it's still just a wish." I said with sad voice. 

"I don't really get it." He dumbfounded. 

"What? Haaaaah..  Whatever. Even if i explain it to you, you will never understand it. "

"Ya! Where are you going, Dae?" he called but i didn't answer it. It's useless if i tell him because he will follow me though. 

 

I can't think anything when i walk right now. All i can think is what will happen to me in the future from what i decide right now. 

What should i do then? Am i will be alright after this? Is my life will be alright after this? Is my life will be happier than before? 

My thought is out of place without I aware  I walk pass by a flower shop. I stare at a flower which catch my eyes. The Sunflower that look so pretty. It's really suit for a summer. Do you ever find a sunflower that grow in winter? The answer is actually not, right? haha 

I called the owner to buy this flower. But the owner is so kind that he give me the flower for free. You know what he said to me?  He said that i look cute, just like this flower. I chuckled, he is the second who said that i'm cute today after Jiho. 

I said thanks to the the owner before i leave the shop with a smile from my lips. 

 

"What is so good about that flower though?" He said not far away behind me. 

"Shut up. You don't even know the difference between jasmine and raflesia. " i mock to make him silent.

"Of course not. I even never see the raflesia once in my life. " he said quietly but i still can hear it. 

 

The sun is already set. How long  i've been walked to pass the time. 

I look behind to see Yongguk is still following me, i even can hear he sing a song. 

Not for long, he suddenly stop singing after he know i stop in the place which so familiar to him. I turn my body to face him. He look around with a frown in his face and then he look at me again, 

 

"Why are we here, Daehyun?" He asked me with a bit angry in his face. 

 

I close my eyes for a second and try to take a breath just to make sure i won't get hurt before i start to speak. 

 

Daehyun's POV end

 

 

"Daehyunie.. " Yongguk's called Daehyun who stand still in front of him. 

" From now on, can you stop calling me with the pet name? "

 

Yongguk get a little bit surprise to hear it. 

 

"Dae, why ar.. "

"Hyung, just go back to your place. " Daehyun cut Yongguk's words. He hold the flower so tight. 

"Dae, what do you mean? "

"Please, hyung. Just go back. " Daehyun trying not to cry. 

"But why? i didn't.. "

"Stop worrying about me, hyung. " Daehyun cut Yongguk's words again.

"But why, Dae? " Yongguk sound sad. He walk to get closer to Daehyun. 

"You don't have to worry about me. I'll be alright." Daehyun can't hold his tears, "My life will be fine."

 

Yongguk  touch Daehyun's hair with gentle, but he feel so disappointed when he do that. 

 

"Really?"

 

Daehyun just nod because he can't be sure to answer Yongguk. 

 

" You don't have to worry about me." Daehyun said it once again. 

"How can i'm not worried, Daehyun? " Yongguk said with a bit loud. 

" If you get soak from the rain, you will get sick. If you are to long standing under the sun, you'll feel dizzy. If you getting a bit tired, you'll fall unconscious. If you feel cold, your allergies will relapse. You even scream so loud if you see there is a cockcroach in your kitchen. I even still remember, you'd got a fever after knew i have to went to Tokyo and it's not even a day yet since i already in there, Daehyun. " Yongguk glares at Daehyun. 

"It will not make any different for now with you or without you, hyung." Daehyun's cry, " Are you still can take care of me when i'm in my invulnerable state?" Daehyun glares at Yongguk back.

 

Yongguk just silent. He look at the ground, can't look at Daehyun's eyes. He can't even sure to reply Daehyun's words.

 

" I can see you but can't feel you, hyung. "

 

"Do you want to know what i feel, hyung? I can even feel what you are feeling, hyung. It's so hurt." Daehyun's hand touch his chest that feel hurt, " I want to hug you so bad. I want to feel your warm body when you sleep beside me. I want to feel you when your warm breath touch my neck. I want to kiss your lips. But i can't do it. Whatever i want to do with you, i still can't do it, hyung." Daehyun turn around for Yongguk not to see his crying face. 

 

" I really want to feel your touch so bad, hyung." Daehyun's voice sound sorrow. 

 

Yongguk stare at his lover. ​​​​Is really that hurt? he thought. What Daehyun had said is true. Daehyun can see Yongguk but he can't touch him. Yongguk always thought it can make Daehyun happy if it's just standing beside him, even if it's hurt.

 

"But you still can see me, Dae."

" No, hyung. I can't. When looking at you it's still make my heart hurts and it make me hard to believe if you.. "

"Had gone? "

 

Both of them are silent. 

 

"You want me to go, Dae? 

"Just go,  hyung. Go back to place where you belong. " Daehyun trying not to cry harder than before.

"Daehyun, you are be the place where i belong."

 

Daehyun staring at Yongguk's face and then he failed not to cry harder. 

 

 

Dear god, please just this once. Let me touch him for the last time,Yongguk pleaded. 

 

Yongguk held up one of his hand, to touch Daehyun's hands. Yongguk look so happy when he at least can feel it. 

 

Can feel Daehyun's hand. 

 

 

Can touch him. 

 

 

Touch Daehyun. 

 

 

Finally, Yongguk can touch Daehyun.

 

Daehyun can't believe it. Can't believe that Yongguk touch him. 

 

Yongguk stare at Daehyun's innocent face. Yongguk held Daehyun's face with his hands. Touch Daehyun's soft cheeks, his gummy smile shown when he still can touch Daehyun. 

 

" I can touch you, Daehyun. "

 

Yongguk lean in closer to Daehyun's face. Kiss Daehyun's lips with gentle. He shown a thin smile in their kiss. 

 

"I thought just being beside you, you'll be happy. I guess not then. " Yongguk smile, " You really miss my touch that so bad, Daehyunie?" This time Yongguk is smirk.  

"Hyung.. " Daehyun just pout. 

"I will go if it's what you want, Dae. But i just want to ask you once, promise me you will life happily. "

"I'll be happy, because you'll always life in my heart. I'm sure you will watch me from up there."

"What make you so sure if i will watch you, Daehyun ? You think i will have not anything to do beside watching you in here?" Tease Yongguk. 

 

Yongguk gently touch Daehyun's soft pink hair. Touch Daehyun's chubby cheeks. Kiss his forehead. Kiss his beautiful eyelids. Kiss his nose which bigger than average other people had. Then it end with Daehyun'n lips. He touch Daehyun's lips softly before kiss Daehyun's thick lips.  Kiss him a bit longer to leave the warm that wouldn't be miss so easily. Daehyun just can close his eyes. 

 

"I go then. " he said without break the kiss. 

 

Daehyun trying to enjoy the last moment he get from Yongguk. Try to stay feel Yongguk's last touch. He tried to kiss Yongguk back eventhough Daehyun can't feel the touch clearly. Bit by bit Yongguk's warm touch become dull. 

When Daehyun open his eyes, he can't see  Yongguk in front him. He miss like he get a blown by a wind. 

The tears start to fall again from his beautiful eyes. 

He look at the grave in front of him. 

 

"You always life in my heart, hyung." Daehyun put the flower which he got from before at the grave which is already written by Yongguk's name. 

 

"I love you, Yongguk hyung. "

 

 

                                                                                                  Fin