Demeanor

Forbidden In Their Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara looked at herself in the mirror, liking the way she simply put her hair up in a bun and how it complimented her baggy white shirt and denim jeans.

"That mirror is gonna crack if you stare at it for too long." she heard her bestfriend as she plopped herself on her bed.

"Your jokes are so old fashioned, Bom. I don't know if I should laugh or cry." Dara rolled her eyes. 

Herself and Bom had been living in the same apartment for about a month now. They lived in Busan but had to move to Seoul for uni to continue their studies. It wasn't easy leaving her parents and siblings behind. The only consolation is that she wasn't alone in this so called milestone of her life.

"Jokes aside. I think you should get yourself a new set of clothes" Bom eyed Dara's outfit head to toe. " I swear you wore this yesterday." Bom winced.

"Okay, fashion princess. But I don't really care what others think." Dara said, noticing Bom rummaging through her pile of clothes. She heard her squeal as she felt a fabric thrown at her face.

"Great." Dara muttered as she eyed the pink blazer and sent Bom a 'no way am I wearing this look'

"Oh come on! Pink makes the boys wink " Bom pleaded.

"I don't need a man." Dara groaned.

The doorbell invaded their little banter. For sure it was Seunghyun picking Bom up as per every Thursdays,Fridays. They would offer her a lift all the time but she always refused. She'd rather walk to uni rather than being a third wheel listening to their cheesy lovely lines. She cringed just imagining it.

Bom gave her a quick hug; " You better wear that later. See you in class!!" She rushed to open the door and jumped like a koala onto Seunghyun and engaged into a liplock with him. 

"Oh god." Dara threw the blazer at the side and grabbed her black hoodie and her bag and passed the oblivious couple not bothering to say goodbye as they wouldn't hear her anyways.

Not to Dara's liking but she was way too early arriving in uni and she blamed the couple for it.

She was too preoccupied with her phone that she collided with what seems to be a walking brick wall. She looked up and saw the cause of her landing onto the floor unceremoniously.

​It was Lee Donghae. Her late sister's infamous ex boyfriend when they were in highschool. Apprently she broke it off with him because he was cheating on her. Her sister, So Min was terminally ill,  the least he could do was be faithful, love and take care of her till the very end. Dara has never crossed paths with him until she has stepped foot in Seoul University. Bom was So Min's friend too and has met Lee Donghae once so she told Dara right away.

​​​He casually walked away not sparing her a glance.

"Jerk." Dara said loud enough for him to hear, patting the dust off her jeans about to give him a piece of her mind but thought better of it.

"Omygad Dara!!" Bom shrieked but not too loud, Seunghyun was most likely in the arts building which was at the total other end of the campus.

"You walked into the pit of death." Bom hyperventilated.

Dara looked backed at the retreating figure.

After her classes,  she rushed straight to her shift in a nearby restaurant.  She felt her head spinning taking orders, the heat gett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter