Unexpected - Chapter 2 (final)

Unexpectedly Not So Far Away

“I am informing you that my debut is this Saturday, would appreciate it if you could make it.” a distant classmate stated with an invitation at hand. 

 

{POV}

I was just invited to a debut? Is this legit? I’m not really a party-person, as I’ve stated before, but it could be fun. I mean, anything could happen at this debut, right? Plus, my classmate could have some cute friends from outside our school, I thought. Okay, I’ll go. I mean, it couldn’t hurt..

 

The week passed by pretty fast with the thought of the big debut pending to happen during the weekend. I’m actually excited for once. But, ! I at dancing! I’ve never actually danced in my life, especially in front of people. I mean, I practice dancing by myself, for the most part, but in front of people? HELL NAW! 

 

“Yo yo! You gonna attend the debut on Sat.?” my cutie pie friend, Mikee questioned. 

“Yeah! There could be cute girls! Haha!!” I replied. 

“NICEEEEEE! I’ll see you there then bro!” she said with a wave of goodbye. 

 

Mikee was one out of the three new students, and she could be titled as my homie, I guess. She’s cool and we have similar interests with Korean . Now, she can dance pretty well! *Aight, enough about the bomb- Mikee*

 

5:00pm : It’s the big day, for my friend, of course. Man, the venue is huge! *It’s not the only thing that’s huge tho ;)* *Just kidding, haha!!* After all special performances that were shown, it was now a time for everyone to either head to the mini-bar for drinks, or just dance their hearts out on the dance floor. I did not know where the hell to go or what the hell to do! None of my close friends were present, so I was awkwardly lost. 

 

I decided to drink for the first time, alone. The bartender handed me 2 shots of something, I had no idea what it was, but it burned my throat as I took the shots. There was a vacant, tall table, so I decided to just chill there while waiting for the party to end. Seeing everyone slowly become uncontrollable animals, while endlessly drinking was fun. 

 

A few inches away, there was a girl in a maroon dress and tall matching heels seated on a green futon. She had one of her delicate, milky-white hands supporting her face. She looked as if she was heavily day-dreaming. As I grew closer, I realised how sad she actually appeared to be. Her small, but lovely face smiling with sad eyes. 

 

“Are you okay?” I asked her, with sincerity.

She shakes her head from left to right, with a frown. 

 

“Where are your friends?” another question came naturally from me. 

“I don’t know.” she pouted. 

 

I felt bad. I also felt a sense of moral responsibility for her now. She looked fragile and tipsy, to my opinion. I was informed that a bunch of my classmate’s and guests at this party were staying the night in this hotel. I assumed she was one of them. 

 

“You should rest. Hahatid na kita.” sinabe ko. 

“Why?” she asked.

“Kase may pake ako!” I forcefully stated! *Woah, where did that come from?*

 

Tumahimik na siya. I also managed to ask around as to what room number she was assigned to. I told her to stay still for a moment, but before I knew it she was not in her futon anymore. I looked around the corner and saw her peaking at me, then trying to hide. She was adorably cute. Oh my gosh. 

 

I went closer to her direction, and she got surprised that I “found her”. She had changed into rubber shoes. I guess they were in the bag she was holding. I grab a hold of her maroon heels and bag and guide her up the fancy staircase to go into the main lobby. We were headed for the 17th floor. The room I was going to stay in was 2 doors down from hers, pala. Once we got out of the elevator, she stopped. 

 

I heard her mumbling of how embarrassing this was.

 

“Sorry po, talaga, nakakahiya talaga oh my gosh!” she mumbled. 

 

 I did not mind. It’s understandable, but man.. she’s so cute. I grab a hold of her shoulders from the back and repeated the fact that she needed to sleep 

 

“H/N, you should really rest na!” you exclaimed. 

“:O HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME :O!?” she surprisingly asked. 

“You told me earlier.” you calmly replied.

“Weh?” she doesn’t remember, but quiets down. (In reality, she didn't tell me her name, but I asked someone about it.)

 

You found her door. It felt as if you guys were a couple and you were guiding her home after her night out with friends. It was unexpected. You opened the door for her, and hinted her go in by herself. She suddenly pulled you close to her. 

 

“Look, I’m pretty messed up, but you were there to help me in a time of need. You, a stranger I’ve never met, with kind eyes and good intentions. Thank you, mr. unexpected.” she spoke. 

 

Before you could respond, she hugged you tight and landed a sincere kiss on your lips and walked inside. It was like a dream. A boring and lonesome debut ended up closing like a dream, with a kiss from a cute and lost princess. I hope to see her again. I will make an effort to see her again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s note: 

A Happy Happy, Birthday to a dear friend of mine, Yohann Gabriel Deloso. Did I bawi na ba? It’s not ty, but I decided to give you an innocent, but rememberable story to add to the books. Sometimes, innocent love is the one that makes the big effect. I really hope you enjoyed this cute story. It is sort of a cliff-hanging ending, but hint* It could be the end, but only if you want it to be. :) 

Till next time, Jeon Mikee Cruz