Perfect

Shape Of You

Author's Note : Hello! I'm back again with the sequel of Shape of You. Honestly, It was supposed to be a one shot story but after listening to Ed Sheeran's album and my friend continously play Perfect over and over again plus talking to one of my mutual on twitter (you know who you are ;) ) i decide to make the continuation of this. As always English wasn't my first language and all mistakes are mine, plus I'm sorry for very very late update for my other stories. My finger was dislocated after tournament and school aready start too, so yeah I'm sorry. I'll try to find a time to update. :)

Happy reading! (comments and upvote are highly appreciated :D)

-mondchan-


 

 

 

“Uhm.. You really couldn’t come?”

 

 

Kyungwon bites her bottom lips, she tried to ask that once again to the person in the other line. It was so clear that Kyungwon was upset or even sad but Kyungwon being Kyungwon, she will tried her best to masked it up even it’s actually kind of fail as well because next  thing she knows, she heard a loud sigh and her heart break a little when she heard that. A single sigh, it means a big no and it’s clear enough to for her to grasp the next vocabularies that’ll be heard after that, Kyungwon have heard that enough for almost a year.

 

“I’m sorry really, I want to come but I can’t just suddenly fly to Seoul and leave my works here. Boss gonna fire me right away... You know how much I love this job, right?”

 

See? She said it for real, Kim Minkyung just said that over the phone and as if it wasn’t hurt her enough she has to heard the almost same exact sentence in every phone call they had again. Yes, Kyungwon already expect this, she already used to this even she didn’t want to admit it that it’s kind of hurt whenever she heard that over and over even up until now, however, a girl can hope right? She still can hope that one day Minkyung will say another thing like “Don’t worry I’ll come for you!” or something like that after their long conversation over the phone on Minkyung’s lunch hour there but nonetheless it stays the same.

It’s funny to think how they ended up like this, it was just like tomorrow they hooked up over Ed Sheeran’s song on the bar and woke up on Kyungwon’s bed in the morning after. Nope, it’s not yesterday.. It’s been five years since then, five years since people betting on their love life like how long they gonna last with each other or how long before one of them said “It was just one night stand thing, what do you expect?” five years since Kyungwon confessed her love to Kim Minkyung and five years of being lovers to each other, throught thick and thin together.

It’s been five years and Minkyung has been working for almost a year on New York, far away from her hometown, family, friends and her lover. It’s funny really, how could fate play with them like that it was after they start dating few months after that lustful faithful night, they got to know each other better. Minkyung was a bussiness major kid and Kyungwon was an fine art major kid back then and if we took a toll to sum up their relationship back then it was not that fully, rainbow, unicorn or whatever is that. They were mostly ended up either being savage to each other or bully each other. Of course they also went into war as well, blamming each other and even yelled to each other as well but surprisingly they stay together until now.

If fate brought them together it was also fate who made them being away from each other. It was after they graduated from university and got their barchelor tittle, Kyungwon also got her schoolarship to study art on Paris. Kyungwon couldn’t be more happy than that and Minkyung was also happy for her, it was her dream and being a supportive girlfriend she is, she told Kyungwon to go there even it means she has to be away from her. They did call each other and keep in contact even the desire to meet each other was high they tried to endure it for the sake of their relationship and carrier. For two years, Kyungwon was tried her best to comeback every time she could go back to there and it was how their relationship worked. Fast forward after two years, both of them already graduated from their studies and Kyungwon back again on Seoul both are working into their respective area and still continue date each other. It was good, really it was,  until it was Minkyung’s second year on her company and she got promoted to work on her company’s branch in New York next year.  Kyungwon was really happy for her and without thinking told her to take up the once life time chance that no one knows when will she gonna get that again (she legit said that back then and Minkyung has to laugh over that on their McDonald’s dinner date) and yes Minkyung take that. Again, for second time they’re away from each other.

Come to think about that, now, Kyungwon feels like she was regretting her decission to let her go last year. Kyungwon often feel lonely now, no one to tease, no one wait her on her apartment when she back after work and no one give her hug and kisses or even cuddle at night.

Did she feel this way too when I’m away? Did she hurt this much back then? Did she-

There are lot’s of things running on her head now but now Kyungwon tried to collect herself together and say,

“It’s okay.. I understand. Take care, stay healthy okay? Don’t over worked yourself.”

No, I tried to understand, I’m not okay Minkyung.. I’m not, not even the slightest of it..

Kyungwon knows it better than anyone else, it was selfish to think like that, to feel like that when Minkyung literally also wait for her before, she wait for her and it was two years for her. Kyungwon didn’t know either why she feels like this, she should be immuned with this, she could endure it before but why now? Why she couldn’t hold it anymore?

Minkyung didn’t answer her right away. There was a silent for some minutes and Kyungwon could hear the sounds of rustling papers (Kyungwon had already known this, Minkyung probably still working even it’s her lunch time and she just drink her diet milk while using her bluetooth headset to talk with Kyungwon). Minkyung tried to sigh again and called her softly.

“Kyungwon...”

“Yes?”

“I’m sorry.”

There she said that again and Kyungwon was chewing her bottom lips, she tried to form another sentence to reply but she could only say,

“Don’t be.”

“Kyungwon..”

“mm?”

“I miss you”

“I miss you too.”

You have no idea Minkyung, I really, really miss you.. I want to hold you now in my arms

“Kang Kyungwon”

It’s rare to hear Minkyung say her full name but then Kyungwon now it well, Minkyung will say something serious after this,

“I love you.”

As much as Kyungwon was hurting, it was only need these three words to make her heart fluttered and her stomach doing summersault. Minkyung’s tone was firm, confident and loving yet Kyungwon also can sense the tiredness on it and Kyungwon really want to hug her and give her warm embrace over the madly busy days of her but instead she only settled down and say,

“I love you too Kim Minkyung.”

 

000

 

Yebin has bragged into Kyungwon’s office without much thinking, she has been worried over her sister act these days, of course she know Kyungwon was busy as hell and she often skipped her meal. Yebin was really concerned with this because somehow she know that Kyungwon already lost some weights as well, that’s way as the great sister she is, she brought some foods for her.

“Yo! Unnie! Let’s eat ! You gonna die if you didn’t eat and-“

She didn’t even finish her sentence when she saw Kyungwon staring blankly into her window’s office. She look so broken and without further ado Yebin rushed to her side after putting their Chinese takeout on the coffee table and enveloped her in a warm hug. She caress her locks and pats her back softly.  Yebin know it well why she became like this, Kyungwon’s phone screen was still on and Yebin could see who the person Kyungwon called before was.  

Kyungwon just let her sister embrace her without even moving or flinched with the sudden contact, she already used with this. Yebin was naturally clingy and Kyungwon has been spending her life time with her but Kyungwon herself know, right now Yebin only want to make her feel better.

“She.. she… will she com-“

Yebin was hesitant to ask this, because she already know it well it will break Kyungwon’s heart even more but Yebin was curious. She didn’t even manage to finish her sentence when she feels Kyungwon buried her head on her chest and wrapped her arms around Yebin’s waist.

“No, she will not.”

Next thing she knows, Kyungwon already let out a muffled sob and she start crying in her arms.

Yebin sighs, if only Minkyung know this will be one of Kyungwon’s important day in her life, it was one of Kyungwon dream, this weekend Kyungwon will open her own art gallery and it’s quite a big one. Yebin didn’t miss the happy glint on her sister’s eyes when she talked about that since they were kid. Of course Minkyung knew that, Yebin believed that Kyungwon must be told her as well before but Minkyung, Minkyung choose her works over Kyungwon. Yebin know it was wrong to judge Minkyung right away but she couldn’t help it. She has known Kyungwon probably will understand about that, Kyungwon will say “It’s okay, I can understand.” But Yebin know it better than anyone else, it’s not only about Kyungwon’s art gallery opening.. It’s about the tiny velvet box and the thing inside of it on her drawer that Kyungwon has been planned to give it to Minkyung on that day since last year.

 

000

 

“Minkyung?”

Minkyung looked up from her desk when she heard her name being called. She gives a small smile when she saw the person who just called her by now.

“Ah, good afternoon Miss Ki.”

“Just drop it, we are alone now.”

Minkyung chuckles and the latter smiled back at her.

“Alright, do you need some help Heehyun unnie?”

“Nope, nothing..”

Heehyun smiled again. Heehyun her colleague and that got the same promotion with her and they are very close since then. Heehyun was older than her for few years and she treat Minkyung like her own sister. They live under the same roof now and Minkyung couldn’t be more grateful to have a friend like her. Heehyun might look tough and scary but actually she was a dork and soft hearted woman as well.

Heehyun was looking at the phone on her hand and the Bluetooth headset hanging on her ear, by the look of it Heehyun was sure Minkyung just done calling someone, with the solemn look on her face Heehyun didn’t need another confirmation, that someone must be none other than Kang Kyungwon. Yes, Heehyun already know about their relationship. Minkyung already told her countless times either it was when they were still in Seoul or when they’re here in New York. Heehyun never missed the glint of happiness on Minkyung’s eyes when she talked about her but now Minkyung was a bit off.

“Have you told her yet?”

Heehyun tried to inquiry and Minkyung shakes her head. Minkyung let out a chuckle pass her lips.

“Nope, not yet. Just let her be.”

Heehyun just shakes her head and ruffle her hair before placing a freshly wrapped sandwich on Minkyung’s table.

“You snake. Here eat that, I know you haven’t eat anything since morning. You should tell her soon, the sooner the better.”

Minkyung laughs and Heehyun didn’t miss the playful smirk and also mischievous glints on her eyes.

“Should I?”

 

000

 

 

It was nice, her grand opening of her own art gallery was successed many people comes to congratulate her, even Kyulkyung who had a vacation with Nayoung on China take a first class flight to come and meet Kyungwon. Kyla and Sungyeon too they were on LA but they immediately back and promised to come. Kyungwon couldn’t be happier than now, one of her biggest dream on her life already come true. Smiled never leave her lips for the whole night but then when she realize it something was missing and it’s none other than her love of her life. Kim Minkyung wasn’t here, she wasn’t here with her when she achieve on of her biggest dream, Kim Minkyung chose her work over Kang Kyungwon and ouch that’s kind of hurt to know. Kyungwon feels like she want to cry again but no, she couldn’t do that not in “supposed to be” happiest day ever. Yeah it was supposed to be because Kyungwon also have another plan for Minkyung today, but it was useless now. Minkyung wasn’t here and Kyungwon probably need to wait for another year to do that.

 

“Unnie! Thanks God, finally I found you!”

Yebin called her when Kyungwon standing in front of the windows on the second floor of her gallery and looking into night scene from there.

“Yeah?”

“Follow me, this is urgent matters!”

Yebin didn’t even let her speak and she already grab her wrist, dragging her on the way of her gallery’s rooftop

“Hey! Hey! Ya! Kang Yebin what the heck is this!?!?”

Yebin didn’t answer her question and just straight up bring her into the rooftop and right after they reach the rooftop door Yebin hurriedly open the door and shoved Kyungwon there. She then suddenly yelled and closed the door before she running out to God know where.

“You will thank me after this! Enjoy your time! Don’t forget my ticket to Paris with Yewon!!”

“Yah!! KANG YEBIN OPEN THE DOOR”

Kyungwon was dumbfounded and wildly knocking the door. She didn’t realized anything until she heard a faint sound of someone strumming guitar and she turned her back.

There, she found out her love of her life sitting on the chair few feet from her, in the middle of love shaped candles around her, wearing the dress that Kyungwon bought to her last year on her birthday. She let her hair down and it’s black now, it was different than last time Kyungwon send her to the airport, it was shades of red but now she was really stunning with black, just like how she met her for the first time on the bar. 

Minkyung smiled and stared softly at the dumbstruck Kyungwon. Kyungwon still couldn’t form a single word and she only could stare back into the latter eyes. Minkyung’s eyes will always be one thing that Kyungwon never be tired to stare, it was captivating, mesmerizing and Kyungwon always feel like it was “home”.

 

I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

 

Her soft voice ringing in the air. It was like blessing to Kyungwon’s ear she will never get tired listening Minkyung’s voice over and over again much more to listen her singing while playing guitar like this. It just so beautiful and breathtaking. If it was five years ago Kyungwon was sure she wouldn’t understand what was Minkyung singing to but now she could understand every words on it and how Minkyung means every words on it, her eyes and her gaze told her everything.

 

Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

 

Kyungwon feels a bit sorry now, Minkyung will never give up with their relationship. She feel sorry for accusing her that she chose her work over Kyungwon but no, Minkyung was now in front of her, serenade her and she really back for her, from New York for her, for Kyungwon. Kyungwon couldn’t ask for more. Minkyung was never be the type to shower her with something overly cheesy but when she does, Minkyung could be the sweetest person Kyungwon ever meet in her life.

 

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

 

 

Minkyung cut the song and she stopped singing and put her guitar down. She stand up and hold her gaze on Kyungwon again, smiling softly,

 

“I don’t deserve this, You look perfect tonight.. Kyungwon.”

 

Kyungwon couldn’t hold it anymore she sprinted her way and crushed her into bone-crush hug, sobbing uncontrollably into Minkyung’s neck. Minkyung hold her tight.

 

“You’re here..”

 

“I’m here Kyungwon, I’m here.”

 

Kyungwon continue to cries even more, Minkyung is real, she is here with her.

 

“I’m sorry, did I make you cry?”

 

“You did a lot, you jerk!”

 

 Kyungwon playfully hit her chest and Minkyung only laugh over her antics.

 

“Don’t laugh, you think it’s funny? Making me cry was funny Kim Minkyung?”

 

“Hey I didn’t say like that, you know I just want to give you a surprise. How can I forget about this? This is one of your dream Kyungwon and I did promise to be by your side when you achieve that. I’m a woman of my words Kyungwon, I’ll never let you down.”

 

“I hate you so much Minkyung.”

 

“I know I love you too, so much Kyungwon.”

 

Minkyung slowly release her hug and wipes Kyungwon’s tears from her face.

 

“Do you have anything else to say? Kyungwon?”

 

Kyungwon suddenly remember her tiny velvet box on the drawer. She already planned to give that to Minkyung but then she left it because she thought Minkyung wouldn’t come today and she thought couldn’t propose her as well.

 

“I-..actually I..OMG Minkyung what-“

 

Minkyung was suddenly kneels before her and said,

 

“Looking for this?”

 

She show her tiny velvet box that Kyungwon has been keep on her drawer.

 

“How could you-“

 

“A little help from little Kang?”

 

Ahh.. that’s why Yebin shout like that, that kid seriously gonna get it!

 

“You didn’t think I don’t know about this thing on your drawer, right? Kyungwon?”

 

Kyungwon was blushing hard, why Minkyung has beat her into it?

 

“You kept it since last year and I’ve been waiting for that but fate was testing us and we have to be away for each other again. But no, Kyungwon.. You deserve it, you deserve all the happiness on the world, I’m sorry for all the time that I missed being by your side, for upsetting you, for making you cry, for anything that I couldn’t do when I’m away from you. I’m here and I want to make it up for everything, I’ll be here by your side through thick and thin, through your down and high, together, forever.. so, Kyungwon.. Let me do this for you.. Kang Kyungwon, will you marry me?”

Kyungwon was left speechless, it’s out from her expectation. She thought she will be the one who did this but it was the exact opposite. It’s Minkyung, she was there kneeling before her and proposed her. Kyungwon start to tear up again and she say,

 

“Yes, I will Minkyung, A thousand yes. Now and forever.”

 

Minkyung smiled wider than she ever been, she slips the ring into Kyungwon’s finger and Kyungwon did the same for her. Minkyung rose up from her position and take Kyungwon’s hands with her she kissed it softly while starring right into her.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

And just like that, they both leaned to closer and let their desire and love guide them to each other. Their lips meet in the middle like a complete missing puzzle. Kyungwon hold her hand on Minkyung’s nape and Minkyung securely wraps her hands around Kyungwon’s waist. They probably already share kisses for countless time but now it was different, it was conveying their missing feeling, their love and their happiness, from now on they will be together forever.

 

 

Kyungwon feels like her life is complete now.

 

 

Minkyung feels like her life is complete now.

 

 

 

Together,

 

Forever,

 

Perfect.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile…..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Nunu did you record that well?” Yebin asked in hushed tone

“Aye! I got everything covered Kang.” Eunwoo salutes her, still holding the camera on her hand.

“Unnie, is this even necessary to do this?” Yewon pouted, slightly feel sorry for the couple who still kissing without knowing they’ve been watched all along by eight people who peeked through the slightly open door.

“Baby, we don’t know what future may holds for us so yeah it’s for future reference.” She winked at her and Yewon was left blushing hard.

“Nah, just say that you want to blackmail your sister unnie.” Kyla commented and throw a smug teasing grin to Yebin, of course it left her blushing hard because she just got caught by the youngest.

“Yahh!! It’s not like that!”

“When will you learn Kang Yebin.” Nayoung only shakes her head. They back at watching the couple on the rooftop until Kyulkyung almost let out a loud squeak (Nayoung has to cover her lips or their undercover peeking agenda have come to the end) when Minkyung kisses was no longer on Kyungwon lips and it was halted somewhere else

“Uhmm well guys I think we should leave now.” Sungyeon suggested.

But then Siyeon smirked, while looking at Yebin and both throwing a knowing gaze.

“Are you sure you guys wanna leave? Because the side effect just gonna start now.”

“Side effect?” Nayoung frowned and Yebin didn't even bother to hide her wide grins.

 

 

 

 

 

“I may or may not put something into Minkyung unnie’s drink that you gave to her before.”