001

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

03.01.2012

 

     It was the first day of high school for Yerin and she obviously had mixed feelings about it. New environment, new teachers, new subjects and most importantly, new friends. 

 

      For an introvert, that was a little too much to handle. 

 

      "You can do this. Stop being the shy one and initiate at least one conversation with someone." She took a deep breath as she stared at her reflection on the mirror. 

 

      It was already 6.43am when she finished brainwashing herself. Lucky enough, she got posted to the same high school with a few of her closest friends from middle school. They decided to create a group chat a day before so that they could meet up and go school together this morning. 

 

      Yerin's only concern was that her friends were all in the same class except her. Which meant that she had to role-play 'ms awkward potato' until it was break time. 

 

      'I'm leaving the house! Hurry!'  

      'Same! Tell us once you board the bus' 

      '! I'm already out but i have to rush back to get my tie..'

      'Gosh, hurry up!' 

 

     Well, now Yerin understood what everyone meant by 'The first week of school will always be a hectic one.'. She shouted "Bye!" to her parents before closing the door behind her as she left with her brother. 

 

      "Oh. After you alight at the bus stop, just follow the crowd and you'll see the school. You'll be fine." Her brother, aka Kang Minhyuk said. "Seriously? The first day of school and you're already ditching me." Yerin raised her brows. "I'm meeting my friends and you have your middle school clique with you." He tried to reason with her. 

 

      Yerin rolled her eyes as she continued following behind her brother. At times, she would feel like Minhyuk was the best brother she could ever ask for while other times she felt like she was sharing rooms with the no.1 jerk in the whole world. 

 

      For now, she was glad she didn't miss the bus her friends were on. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter