i ♥

The Cubicle Next to Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol gets distracted easily.
It was a known fact to their big family, there being 10 siblings, but his siblings don't seem to care as they make noises in every part of this big house.

Jisoo with his strumming of guitar whole day -- Seungcheol already memorized the only song Jisoo is playing.
Jun, well, he's quiet but not his cats and with the plurality of cats, it's not just two but a lot. Seungcheol don't even know how many cats Jun have.
Wonwoo with the boom of emotional songs -- Seungcheol can't help but feel down too.
Soonyoung with his personality -- Soonyoung being Soonyoung is the biggest distraction he can be.
Mingyu and Minghao are the quiet ones but that's only to an extent when they are atleast 1 kilometer away from each other -- they won't stop bickering almost about everything.
Seungkwan with him being the biggest jukebox machine you can witness as he made his room a karaoke room with the biggest speaker Seungcheol has seen.
Vernon with his rapping -- almost everytime, he raps his way in talking. Ayyy, yeah the water's cold and so is her attitude towards me. Yeahh break it down -- he just want to smack Vernon everytime.
And Chan with his...

"Hyung, hyung! Watch me" the youngest said cheerfully.

The younger starts moving his body to the music of his favorite singer, Michael Jackson. 

And Chan with his obsession with Michael Jackson.

And that's how he got in front of a small building, cafe on the first floor and the Pledis bubble on the succeeding floors. It shines bright in Seungcheol's eyes as this place can be his quiet haven that'll make him pass this semester peacefully and with a high grade.

The bell rang as he opened the door to the cafe and the aroma of coffee and just baked breads welcomed him.

"Hello sir, Pledis cafe or Pledis bubble?" said the bobbed hair crew.

"Uhh, Pledis bubble please" 

The guy smiled and points at the stairway at the corner of the room.

"That way, Sir"

"Oh, okay" he said.

He faced his back to the crew but spun around when he realized he had not said his thank you, but the guy was nowhere to be seen now.

That hasn't been more than 5 seconds, he thought to himself.

As soon as he reached half of the stair all sounds died as if something is blocking and he find that relaxing.

He was faced with a counter on the Pledis Bubble.

"Hello, sir! It's my first time seeing you, how many months would you want?" asked the middle aged lady behind the counter.

He looked around to check what it looked like but can't see anything as the only thing here is the counter and maybe that one door beside the counter is the way inside the real Pledis bubble.

"Uhhh, how many months are there?" he said while walking towards the counter.

The lady smiled, "Sorry, out of habit. There's only 6 months sir."

He stood there with a cocked eyebrow but recovered quickly, "Can I first look what Pledis bubble looked like?"

"Oh--" the lady as if what he said surprised her "Certainly yes, sir" 

The lady got something out from the cabinet and handed a key to him, "Suit yourself sir"

He looked to the door and to the lady countless time, "Won't you come with me?"

"Me, sir?"
"Yes, you"
"We aren't allowed to enter the place sir"

Seungcheol just settle at that, he proceeded in front of the door and no point having the keys as the door wasn't even locked in the first place.

"One step from the door, sir"

He stepped back to see the lady behind the counter sloppily flipping through pages of the big book.

"One step from the door?"

The lady seems not to hear what he said as she continued flipping through pages and startled Seungcheol with the lady's excitedly shouting, "Found it"

"Here sir" the lady said and placed the book on the counter so he could access the book.

To where the lady's finger is pointing, it says, "Any inquirer will be allowed one step from the door to look. No more, no less"

"Oh okay"

So they were rules.

He took one step away from the door and he didn't like how the one step away from the door didn't even give him infromation as to what this thing looks like. What he saw were just corridor with door in every 5 feet, maybe those were the spaces.

"Uhh, but what exactly do I have to see from the view one step from the door"
"I don't know sir, what do you want to see?"

He sighed, closed the door and placed the key in front of the counter.

"I just saw a corridor"
"A corridor, hmmm"
"How can I say that this place is what I am looking for?"
"What are you looking for, sir?"
"A place to study"
"You can study at the library, sir"
"Too restricting" he hates how he can't make any noise inside the library. Every move you make will be heard and after that all eyes are on you.
"How about a cafe, sir?"
"No"
"In your house, sir"
"Look-- I wouldn't be here if I can study there. Can't you just let me see what's inside so I can judge if I want to occupy a space?" he said being impatient.
"You already saw what's inside, sir"
"I only saw a corridor for God's sake" he brushed his hand through his hair. This conversation is going nowhere.

"Sir, what we offer are just space, your very own bubble, it's up to you how it should look like. You're the only one who'll have access in it. You're the only one who can make something to the spac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter