Cut it close

Full moon

Taehyung slowly walked to the window and looked outside. It was just a few hours until midnight, and he knew he was cutting it far too close by still being here, but Jimin had needed him. The elder had gotten in a fist fight earlier in the day and needed some help his wounds. Not that Taehyung minded helping his boyfriend patch himself up, but that it had to have been on a full moon... Was bad.

He sighed and looked over at the bed where the man he would give everything up for was sleeping. He was so beautiful, but that was a thought for another night. Taehyung snuck over and gave Jimin a soft kiss on the forehead before writing a quick note, then hurried out to the car, driving off to the woods as fast as he could. Jimin knew why he wasn’t going to stay the night, but that didn’t mean he really understood why it was dangerous.
Just because Jimin knew what Taehyung was...

There was just no way for him to really understand what it meant.

 

About an hour later Taehyung parked the car in front of his cabin, the woods around here was vacant, with the exception of a few others like him who also used the woods to keep their loved ones safe. The moon was going to be strong, Taehyung could feel how it made his skin crawl while he drove, and it scared him. He had been so scared to drive off the road, or turn early before he got to the woods. He hated what he was, even tho he couldn’t control or change it. He had been so young when he was bitten... He was lucky his parents were understanding of such things and helped restrain and find solutions to the problem, instead of just having him locked up or killed.

It was thanks to them that Taehyung could proudly say he had never killed anyone. Not many werewolves were able to say that. But this night was really cutting it far too close.
Why did Jimin have to get in a fight today of all days... That boy never, Never got in trouble, but today he did. Of course.

Taehyung unlocked the gate to the woods that he, and other weres in the area, had set up as a perimeter, and locked it again behind him before putting the keys and a few other things down by the gate. A guttural snarl ripped out of him as he did and he fell to his knees hard. . He hated turning so close to the gates, but he was running out of time. Looking up at the moon, Taehyung saw it was almost completely full and it dragged a howl from his chest before he doubled over and grabbed his chest. He had to get deeper in the woods. He doubted he could past the fence, but he refused to risk it. Who knew what would happen if he did get over and get out. Shaking the thought quickly, Taehyung started running as fast as his feet would carry him into the woods, mind still at Jimin and how peaceful he slept until he felt his legs crumble under him and he felt the transformation begin. Felt himself fall aside, and that... thing took over, howling and roaring out at the sky as it did. It hurt like a , Taehyung thought to himself while he still had his mind. While his fingers grew, and got longer. As his face cracked and reshaped itself into another form, teeth and ears growing out.

 

And then everything went black, as the thing inside of him took control until daybreak.

 

------
 

Taehyung groaned as he slowly opened his eyes and looked around. It was morning, and he was in the middle of the woods, . Shocker. Usually he would strip before the transformation, but he hadn’t had time with how close he cut it last night. He slowly rubbed his forehead and winced. Looking at his fingers, he saw the blood.
«Seems I got in a fight again..» He mumbled before standing up, looking around to get his bearings and to check if whichever werewolf he had fought with the night before was still around. Luckily, they weren’t, and Taehyung slowly made his way back to his cabin and his gate. Kneeling down by his things, he pulled out some extra clothes from his bag and got dressed before checking his phone. 4 missed calls, from? Jimin, Of course. Taehyung smiled as he thought about the fact that Jimin either completely missed the note, or didn’t care and was needy for his attention. The boy may be a few months older than him, but he was so damn adorable. Snickering, Taehyung unlocked the gate and headed back to the car, starting the drive back to town and, more importantly, to Jimin's house. Now they would at least have some matching battle wounds to and comfort.