Do Overs

100 Long Walks, 1000 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever had a nervous breakdown on your own wedding rehearsal?

 

That feeling where you wanted to dig your own ditch to the center of the earth and hide

That feeling

 

Seulgi has come to experience the dreaded emotion in the worst possible way.

 

Her eyes trailed on Suzy and Irene who were now speaking to some of their relatives. Who would have thought that the woman who stirred something in Seulgi’s heart would turn out to be her fiancé’s sister? To make matters worse, Irene was giving her this look.

 

A look that seemed to say that Irene was longing for her

 

Seulgi decided not to bring much to it. Besides, she was more concerned about the fact that she had a feeling the woman is plotting something sinister against her.

 

It was the truth that Seulgi wanted to go with. She was the one who kissed her! When she left Seulgi in the woods, she was even smiling like an evil witch!

 

To ease it up she had walked over to the open bar. Without anyone noticing, Seulgi had already had about at least three shots.

 

“You should stop that. You will throw up if you drink anymore.”

 

The voice beside her whispered but clearly it wasn’t the voice she needed.

 

“You are here to ruin my wedding, aren’t you? You kissed me on purpose!” Her voice was low and soft but her eyes said otherwise.

 

Seulgi was scared. Irene had everything in her side of the wall to have Suzy call the wedding off. It might not have been something she initiated, but she knows she kissed Irene back. That much could spell disaster for her fiancé. Despite certain things that were bothering Seulgi, she didn’t want to hurt Suzy.

 

“For your information, I just got back. I haven’t been speaking to my family until Suzy sent the invitation. Our meeting was random and by the heavens I will never hurt my sister!” Irene was obviously upset about the situation but Seulgi didn’t want to bother with it.

 

It was Irene’s fault!

 

“Yeah right... Why did you kiss me then?”

“Like I said I couldn’t resist you. I actually liked you, !”

“Then what do you want from me now?” Seulgi grew pale with her question but it was valid.

 

Or so she thinks.

 

Indirectly, Irene had confessed to Seulgi who in turn got even more confused. The mantra in her head continued because she didn’t want to force the issue. She was marrying Suzy. There was no point to ponder what was happening between her and Irene.

 

“Seulgi, please. Do not stress yourself. I don’t mean you any harm, both of you. I didn’t really know. If I had I would have…” Irene stopped speaking for a few seconds and then looked into her eyes.

“I love my sister. Forget whatever happened in the woods and stop drinking. You are looking rather sick already. I don’t think you really drink Seulgi. Please…” Irene placed her hand over Seulgi’s as she was about to down her fifth tequila shot.

 

Those doe eyes were pleading her to cease with the alcohol.

 

“Stop drinking. I wouldn’t want you to embarrass yourself. I won’t let Suzy know. We won’t tell her. Nothing happened, Seulgi.” Irene’s eyes were sincere but there was something about them that somehow intrigued Seulgi.

 

Was Irene in pain?

 

But that matter wasn’t something Seulgi should prioritize.

 

“Okay…” Seulgi sighed in relief when Irene decided to leave her alone.

 

She thought perhaps that Seulgi wasn’t going to drink any more. She was right.

 

“You look pale…” Yeri suddenly appeared out of nowhere and sat beside her.

 

The youngest Kang stared at her sister but her eyes got distracted. Seulgi followed her line of sight and scoffed when she found out Yeri was staring at Irene’s back side. She wasn’t able to look away either. But then Seulgi remembered she was about to get married.

 

Irene wasn’t all interesting like Suzy. The two sisters were actually opposites. Suzy was quiet but was publicly articulate. She was formal and just enough serious when it comes to things. Irene seemed to be a charmer. There were people flocking to talk to her and she wasn’t uneasy about it.

 

She liked the attention as Seulgi concluded.

 

Well at least there was something she was going to be proud of.

 

“She approached me first.”

“You were saying something?” Yeri’s attention moved back to her and the younger Kang could only eye her curiously.

“Nothing.”

“You must be drunk already with these much shots. Come on. I’ll take you to your room. You need your beauty rest.” Yeri smiled and placed a kiss on Seulgi’s temple.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Ring! Ring!

 

“Hello?” Seulgi groggily picked up the phone and stared at the clock on the of her side table.

 

“This is your wake-up call Miss Kang. We hope you have a wonderful day.”

 

Seulgi didn’t respond and simply ended the call. She was about to fall asleep again when someone rudely opened the door.

 

“Good morning!”

 

Mrs. Bae appeared out of nowhere startling S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter