Beautiful Stranger

100 Long Walks, 1000 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Click! Click!

 

A frown forms across her beautiful features that one would still find adorable. The building in front of her was painted plain but magnificent. She couldn’t believe someone she knew could create such a thing. She may not be one to judge such structures, but she knows when one thing is above it all.

“How is it?”

The voice interrupts her picture taking spree. She placed her camera down and smiled lovingly at the person.

“Well Unnie, you did so well on this one. Mother would have been proud.”

“She would have been.” Seulgi looked down on her watch and counted how many hours left she had to spend with her little sister.

“Sis, I just got back from my trip. Can’t you spend like… A few more hours or maybe days off to be with me?” Yeri made a pout though she already knew Seulgi wasn’t likely to give in.

 

To be with her sister, it had to be planned. Scheduled. Since she was out of the country for a month, Yeri now has to ask Seulgi to squeeze her into her scheduled. Tragic, but she already got used to it.

 

“Sis…”

“Don’t use aegyo on me…”

“Right, because only Suzy-Unnie is the only one who could make you do what she wants.”

“Yeri-ah…”

 

The younger Kang crossed her arms on her chest and made a really cute pout.

 

Still didn’t work though.

 

Seulgi sighed and pulled her sister arm so she could show her the rest of the structure. To her, this WAS their bonding time. She couldn’t spend any other day for the rest of the week, considering she had meetings all throughout.

 

“Speaking of Suzy-Unnie, where is she?” Yeri glanced up to her sister with a frown on her face.

“Funny you should ask... She told me she was on her way but…”

 

Just then an ambulance appeared on their sight. Seulgi and Yeri flinched and frowned at the noise which was really unnecessary.

 

“Did someone have a heart attack or something?” Yeri mumbled, now covering her ears.

 

They jumped in surprise and Suzy appeared out of the stretcher the emergency crew was holding.

 

“Damn it Suzy!” Seulgi was holding on to her chest while Yeri checked on her.

 

One would think the heart doctor would have the decency not to cause a but she did have a crazy streak sometimes.

 

“Oh gosh! Sorry baby. I was. I needed…” Suzy was looking around and checking on one of the hospital staff.

 

She ordered the staff to come near her making the sisters frown.

 

“Kang Seulgi, I know we have only been seeing each other for five months.” Suzy began holding that velvet box in her hand.

“Suzy…” Seulgi grew wide-eyed and stepped back from her girlfriend.

“You are beautiful. Smart. Funny.”

“Suzy…” The tone was rising, but not because it was scolding.

 

It was actually borderline scared if Yeri was asked. It was kind of a normal thing for her sister and her girlfriend. You get used to it as she tries to tell herself every night.

 

“Would you give me the honor and marry me on the most romantic day of the year?”

 

The Kangs merely replied with a jaw drop while the beautiful Miss Bae went down on her knees and showed them Seulgi’s engagement ring.

 

“What do you say, Baby?”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Yeri watched her sister tap her tablet as they rode the car to Daegu. The older Kang was still working despite her requests to actually take a day off. It still surprised her that Seulgi was even agreeing to a shotgun wedding considering her so called schedules.

 

Was it still called a shotgun wedding if they actually were preparing?

 

“Unnie?”

“Hmmm?” Seulgi didn’t look up from her tablet but her hand was automatically on Yeri’s cheek.

 

The youngest of the sibling smiled and snuggled closer to her sister.

 

“Are you really sure about marrying Suzy-Unnie?”

“Of course I’m sure. She’s the perfect partner for me.”

“But do you love her?”

“Yeri-ah…”

“I’m serious Unnie!” Yeri pulled away and looked at her sister straight in the face.

“I want to see you happy, in love with your bride when you get married. I’m not saying it’s not Suzy-Unnie. But maybe this is just too fast for both of you. You need to learn more about each other you know.”

 

Seulgi heaved a sigh before cupping her sister’s cheek. She knew Yeri was worried about her but this was calculated. All Suzy and Seulgi needed was the proposal.

 

“Yeri-ah, we have a lifetime to get to know each other. Suzy can also be a good provider. She is loyal. No risk of heartbreak.”

“Well maybe love? The fear of the unknown, letting your heart skip a beat at the thought of not knowing yet filled with such happiness? Adventure?”

“Mom and Dad took their time. Look at where it got them.”

 

Yeri resigned on her seat not wanting to argue further. It is her sister’s wedding. How much one can do anyway?

 

@@@@@@

 

They arrive at a very luxurious summer house in Daegu which literally made Seulgi frown. Wasn’t it supposed to be an intimate, simple wedding?

 

“Baby!!!” Suzy appeared from out of nowhere dressed with what seemed to be her track suit.

 

“Baby… Don’t you think you should be resting?”

“Why? You do know we need to be active to lose weight and keep our heart running!”

 

Seulgi was tired from the trip so she just nodded and smiled at her fiancé.

 

“Unnies, I’ll go ahead. See you later Seulgi-Unnie.” Yeri forced a smile before heading out into what seemed to be a line of cottages.

 

“Baby…” Seulgi began.

 

But before she could complain about the location, Suzy was already kissing her lips.

 

“You like it right? Mother told me you were going to like it.”

 

A sigh left her lips but Seulgi didn’t want to hurt Suzy’s feelings. She leaned towards her fiancé and kissed her lips.

 

“It’s all good, Baby. Everything is fabulous.”

 

Or so Seulgi thinks.

 

@@@@@@@

 

A suit

 

To top it all off, it looked like the suit Suzy’s dad used to wear.

 

“Are you sure you’re going through this wedding?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter