FINAL

Ten Rules of Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Once in our life, we find ourselves questioning the decisions we make.

 

We seek for thrills and some actions. We always want to sate our curiosity hence, more questions in mind, then more answers to drive us crazy.

 

For Kyuhyun, Life is nothing but a question. And the people we met are the answers.

 

That is why when he questioned Life about Love, this certain dandy, cute bunny boy came as an answer.

 

Three significant college years were spent over coffee dates with sugar-glazed doughnuts, one eventful night spent on a senior’s party, then another three years of post-graduation years spent on, hey, I’ll be going downtown and you might be free this afternoon? And Really? She was that rude? Better dump that girlfriend of yours! Before they realize that yep, sometimes, before I go to sleep I look at our pictures together and I just noticed that your lips are cute…

 

“What?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“And so?”

 

The other scratched his head.

 

“Date me?”

 

It was exactly eight years after they graduated from college that they realized that the answer they’ve been looking for is each other.

 

They tied the knot.

 

They got married.

 

Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Sungmin got married.

 

But again Life is nothing but a question.

 

So, what is Marriage then?


 

*

 

“Dude, tell me how does it feel that you’re,” Eunhyuk took a pregnant pause before having a swig of his beer. “Married...no that’s not what Donghae said, uhm- caged?”

 

Eunhyuk laughed. Sometimes Kyuhyun wonder why Sungmin ever consider him as his bestfriend when most of the times, Eunhyuk sounded like a treacherous snake. And he hasn’t forgiven the guy yet for kissing his husband just on the very night of their wedding.

 

“Shut your , Hyuk.” Kyuhyun piped. “My wifezilla might heard you.”

 

Eunhyuk laughed harder. “What on ing earth is wifezilla?”

 

Kyuhyun shrugged. His husband is a beauty but not until socks rained in their bedroom and briefs thrown everywhere.

 

“How about you?” Kyuhyun interjected amid his successive gulping of his beer. “When are you and hae will tie the ing knot?”

 

“We won’t.” Eunhyuk chimed. And toothfully, he smiled. “Not until you’re done writing your book about-”

 

Kyuhyun stood and wrung Eunhyuk’s neck. “Cut that out. I love your bestfriend, okay?” Eunhyuk just keep on laughing not minding the drool of beer coming from the sides of his lips. Sometimes, teasing Kyuhyun is fun that he could quit his job just to annoy the hell out of Kyuhyun. “But a wifezilla is a wifezilla is a wifezilla.”

 

Kyuhyun keeps on chanting as Eunhyuk heaved a lungful of air as he’s dying from laughter.

 

“Fine, I’ll write the book.”

 

Eunhyuk nodded pathetically.

 

“You’ll tie knot.”

 

Eunhyuk lost himself laughing.

 

Kyuhyun let go of him and sat back on his rocking chair, smiling almost cynically to Eunhyuk as of one of them will be meeting his impending doom.

 

“Just like what me and Sungmin did.”


 

So Kyuhyun wrote, Marriage is …


 

*


 

“Kyu, can you please unload the clothes from the washing machine?”

 

Sungmin was busy dusting off the topmost part of the shelves. It is where he stores most of the recipe books that he ordered online, some were Kyuhyun’s finance-related books and the rest are photoalbums of which they hoard from their parents.

 

“Yes ma’am.”

 

Sungmin huffed. Today is Saturday. Today is cleaning day. But it seems like he is the only one cleaning the house. Well, there are times that he does not pester Kyuhyun anymore, most especially if the latter came from a business trip abroad. Which could also really mean, they had great last night and Sungmin has no choice but to clean the mess even if his was on fire.

 

“Don’t ma’am me if you’re not even gonna do it!” He shouted even though Kyuhyun was just several meters away from him. Why? The said ‘tired man’ was busy killing some uneventful aliens in his computer and Sungmin was not amused by the looks of it.

 

Heck, this ‘tired man’ was home by four in the afternoon yesterday. They didn’t even do their ‘nightly’ routines then there’s no way for this man to claim that he is tired.

 

“I will really kill him if he did not unload those clothes!” Sungmin mumbled to himself. He could not afford to get angry at ten in the morning and when he knows that he has tons of things to do this whole day.

 

However, it seem like Kyuhyun has his own definition of “I will do it right now ….but just after my game”

 

Kyuhyun felt a loud smack landing on his back. He immediately turn to where the force came and was, for the love of goblin, surprised to see it was Sungmin. Heck, why was he even surprised in the very first place. Even, I, the one writing this would smack the out of him if two hours had passed and I already did tons of household chores and this -

 

“Yah!”

 

“Yah your face,” Sungmin echoed back, “ It is forty-five minutes past twelve and I-”

 

“Okay okay I know!” Kyuhyun tried to cut him off.

 

“Let me finish Cho Kyuhyun- and don’t okay okay me!” Kyuhyun visibly gulped. This is not a drill. Someone’s angry. “I still need to cook our lunch and dear lord, here is my ever handsome husband,” Kyuhyun gulped again for it seems like those flattering words sound far from flattering at all, “still did not unload those ing clothes from the ing washing machine.”

 

“Okay I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun stood up and held Sungmin by his shoulders but the said smaller man shrugged him off.

 

“I’m hungry!”

 

“I’ll cook something for the both of us,” Kyuhyun tried to pacify his wifezilla before it even became much worse than what he is right now.

 

A tired and hungry wifezilla is not something you could keep inside your house.

 

“NO!” Sungmin padded back to their bedroom while stomping his feet as if doing that would that make him look more angry, but it’s just making Kyuhyun to coo at him more, “You unload those clothes and then you cook!”

 

“But you’re hungry!” Kyuhyun countered. He is lazy okay. But he can never be not concerned especially when it comes to his husband.

 

“I am not hungry. Stupid!” Sungmin shouted back from their bedroom.

 

Red lines flash across Kyuhyun’s eyes. Boy, not even his parents called him stupid. Not even his bestfriend Ryeowook who thinks that he’s stupid even called him stupid!

 

“Say what now?” Kyuhyun saw Sungmin hesitate a bit but the inner ‘woman’ in him won’t just back down like that.

 

“Pabo! Stupid!” Sungmin shouted on top of his lungs leaving Kyuhyun murdering in his mind all the plushie rabbits he bought for him.

 

“Stupid, huh?” Sungmin raised his eyebrows at him but Kyuhyun won’t just take that, “then this stupid doesn’t know how to unload those clothes and doesn’t know how to cook food.”

 

Sungmin was stunned.

 

This booger.

 

And Kyuhyun smirked. Sungmin can’t be the only one who can get angry.

 

“Playing that game, huh?” Kyuhyun smirked more. He’s sure Sungmin is million times pissed inside. He’s winning this game.

 

“Then no for month!” Sungmin shouted.

 

Kyuhyun kicked the box that contains their ‘toys’.


 

Rule #1: Never both be angry at the same time.


 

Of course, just what like he said before he cannot be not concerned when it comes to Sungmin.

 

He married the guy, okay.

 

And he just cannot unlove Sungmin just because he called him stupid. Though he has to admit, it ing broke his heart. What more when Ryeowook texted him a piece of advice right after the earlier fight.

 

Kyu, that . You know how much adorable Sungmin is to me. But dang, I did not even call you stupid even when I think you’re stupid.

 

Ryeowook is right.

 

Sungmin should apologize to him.

 

But how could the said man apologize to him when in fact it has been four hours since Sungmin locked himself inside their room. Christ, he knows how hungry Sungmin is right now. And to be honest, he could not take that. The last time he forgot to eat, he suffered from ulcer and from there, Kyuhyun always make sure that Sungmin eats on time.

 

He even video chat Sungmin just so he could watch him eat. Sungmin thinks that’s pathetic but Kyuhyun thought that’s romantic. Like that good, kind all-leading man material from K-DRAMAS, Christ, he could be Lee Min Ho for ’s sake. Or even Lee Dong Wook.

 

Alright, Sungmin called him stupid.

 

And he was hurt.

 

But both of them are starving.

 

So he knocked on the door.

 

“Hey Min- I- I know that you’re hungry.”

 

He heard some shuffling behind the door and Kyuhyun could be no more excited knowing that Sungmin is gingerly moving at the back of that goddamn door.

 

“I cooked rice and some eggs. I- I know that it’s not the most delicious thing but - I -I can order for you!” Kyuhyun knocked on the door again and even jiggle the doorknob just to get another response from Sungmin.

 

“Hey.” He called softly.

 

“Wha-what did you cook?” Came a soft reply from his Sungmin. Oh how Kyuhyun wanted to ing destroy the door and just cocoon Sungmin in his arms. That would do, since the guy sounded so small and tired.

 

He feels sorry alright.

 

“Rice and egg Min.” Kyuhyun smiled toothily.

 

“No bacon?” Sungmin called out.

 

“Oh-oh I didn’t know you’ll want one but I can cook for you. Just please open the door and eat with me.” Kyuhyun said softly. But before he could wait for a reply he run back to their kitchen and set the pan on fire and just let the bacons roll on it.

 

“Min, bacon’s on pan now! Come on!” He jiggled the doorknob again and heard sungmin sniff from the other end. Kyuhyun is slowly becoming impatient. Sungmin is just being a kid. “See, I’m the one reaching out to you first even if you’ve called me stupid.”

 

“Are you shouting at me?” Came a faint reply behind the door.

 

“Yah! I- I am not!” Kyuhyun countered.

 

“You’re shouting at me! You just said yah!”

 

Kyuhyun jumped three times and shook his hand before looking at the ceiling, “Oh come on, you called me stupid then do you think who has the right to shout between the two of us?” Okay, that came as a shout but-

 

“See you’re yelling at me!”

 

“It’s because you’re in there! How would I know that you could hear me? I’m stupid right?”

 

“Oh is this about me calling you stupid?”

 

Sungmin opened the door abruptly not knowing that Kyuhyun had implanted his whole body on the door. So when it happened, poor guy has his face flat on the floor. Then Sungmin wasn’t able to stop himself from laughing hard making Kyuhyun feel embarrassed. In order to redeem himself, he said the forbidden word.

 

“I’m going to eat alone because you’re chubby and will never be hungry!”

 

Sungmin was left at the door with his mouth hanging open.

 

“Did he shout at me and called me chubby?”

 

He was about to follow Kyuhyun when he heard his husband shouting his name frantically. Thinking that his beloved husband met an untimely accident and he’s afraid as to be widowed at the age of thirty, he immediately locate where the voice is coming from.

 

“Min, the pan-”

 

And Sungmin followed the hand of Kyuhyun.

 

“The pan is on fire!” Kyuhyun shouted.

 

“My kitcheeeeennnnn!!!!!”



 

Rule #2: Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.




 

Kyuhyun wasn’t able to put off the fire just the moment that the sprinkles started sprouting waters.

 

Sungmin was utterly flabbergasted.

 

First, his pan was now beyond recognizable. Second, there is a dark stain glaring at him due to Kyuhyun’s mishap of letting the bacons cook on its own. And third, there is no bacon. No more bacon.

 

And there were them, soaked wet with water. His shirt and shorts are now clinging tightly to his body.

 

This day can’t never get better, can it?

 

Sungmin was about to open his mouth to string out all the profanities the world has to offer but before he can even do that, Kyuhyun cut him off.

 

“Wow,” Kyuhyun breathed out. His hand was stuck on the handle of the pan and the other one was holding a soggy bacon. Sungmin thought he looks so pathetic. But he can’t also never miss the sudden glint in those eyes. And the way Kyuhyun’s mouth water as if he’s just tasted the bacon he is holding and deemed it the most delicious bacon ever.

 

“Wow what?” Sungmin consciously racked his eyes to and fro Kyuhyun and to where those eyes are looking at. He thought that his husband looks like he lost his self for a moment.

 

Eyes bulging and tongue darting out to trace the lips.

 

“Kyuhyun?” Sungmin inquired. This Cho Kyuhyun who is now looking at him, with still that soggy bacon in his hand, started advancing to him with eyes straining wide at him. Like that addict bathe in narcotics and reeking in .

 

“Jesus Christ, did the smoke made you some suicidal , yah! Put that bacon down Kyuhyun you look like a poor rapper in drugs who hasn’t sold a single copy of his mixtape!” Sungmin shouted in an attempt to wake Kyuhyun from his reverie.

 

“Min,” Kyuhyun wrapped his hands around his waist and he felt him running his lips in the tangled part of his hair. “I know you gained some weight”

 

Sungmin pushed Kyuhyun but the latter was faster in straining him.

 

“But why do you look so y?”

 

Sungmin gulped. There is something in Kyuhyun’s eyes that made him look like a clown-looking maniac.

 

Kyuhyun continues to smother him while repeatedly whispering in a hushed voice, “My cute chubby bunny min is so yyyy.”

 

Sungmin was frozen in Kyuhyun’s embrace as he thinks deeply if he heard it right that his husband called him chubby and y at the same time.

 

Not even noticing how the soggy bacon that was previously in Kyuhyun’s hand is now hanging stickily on his shoulder.

 

But it doesn’t matter, for Kyuhyun just told him that he’s y.

 

that soggy bacon.

 

Rule #3: If you criticize, do it lovingly.



 

It was a lazy Tuesday afternoon when Kyuhyun decided to surprise his wifezilla by coming home early.

 

But also not forgetting to buy a strawberry cake and some cheese and wine of their favorite brand. It just so happened that today, Kyuhyun is not busy and everything’s going well in the office. To make his day even more perfect, he decided to go home early and surprise the little bunny at home.

 

What delighted his sight is Sungmin in a very unconsciously provocative position while fixing the pipes underneath the kitchen sink.

 

Kyuhyun who is still in his suit and tie,casually leaned back to the island and whistle, “wow, look what we have here?”

 

Immediately, Sungmin slid back outside and was stunned to see Kyuhyun standing there in front of him.

 

“You’re back early,” Sungmin giggled like an excited kid and hugged Kyuhyun in a split second, not minding the dirty wrench he is holding. “I miss you!” He tweeted in interest.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled at Sungmin’s childishness yet he did not stop himself from hugging the smaller man back. There are times that his wifezilla would turn into a dramatic lady even though he just looked so manly fixing that pipe earlier.

 

Still a wifezilla is a wifezilla is a wifezilla.

 

“Hey,” Kyuhyun was brought back from his trance when he heard Sungmin called him. The said man was already holding the box of cake he took home as well as the wine and the cheese. ‘Wine night?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled warmly. “Yes.”

 

There were lying comfortably side by side on the sofa, hands occupied with wine and some expensive ham cutlet and cheese. Kyuhyun knows Sungmin loved this kind of night.

 

“So, Kyu,”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter