Act 1

I KNOW SECRETS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever regret something you saw? Thinking that ‘I shouldn’t have seen it’ or curse the time that you stop by a place rather than taking your usual route?

Surely that is what Ara feels right now as she stare back at Jungkook’s piercing gaze. She wants to run away or shout for help but she can’t find the strength to. Ara is pinned on a wall jailed by Jungkook’s arms so getting out is an impossible option.

How did things end up like this? Ara asked herself working hard to maintain eye contact with Jungkook, fearing that if she look away or blink—he will do something offensive.

“You will shut your mouth or I swear I’m gonna make your life a living hell.” He said in a threatening way that sends shiver in Ara’s spine. What she don’t understand is why does Jungkook need to go this far? She just accidentally saw his fight with his step-mother yesterday that’s all. Oh and never forget that she had seen the cold prince shed tears while they’re at it. But really what’s the big deal? Everyone argues with their parents once in a while—or often, but what’s the big fuss all about?

But other than that she can’t comprehend the reason why she will spread that to the school, because Jungkook thinks she’ll announce what she saw in the whole congregation?

More of she doesn’t care about people’s lives specially him. All she ask is to graduate in high school peacefully, study Psychology in college and work on a Rehab where she can help those who needs it.

Ara’s tears are about to fall but no she won’t let Jungkook have is way. So she muster all the strength she can and breathes in deeply. “I’m sorry if I offended you.” She said. “I just want to clarify things with you. You don’t have to threaten me like this because I won’t tell a soul about what I saw.”

That’s the truth and that is what she’s going to do. What she saw yesterday never bothered her at all so it’s a surprise for her that Jungkook dragged her to an empty room just to scare the hell out of her so she can shut .

Yet no matter how sincere Ara’s words are—Jungkook is far from being persuaded. He will never get trapped by her façade because he won’t let himself be the prey in this game, in this life.

“I heard you’re a scholar here.” Jungkook smirked. “You can’t even afford the tuition fee.”

Ara’s brow furrowed—not understanding at all what Jungkook is plotting.

“Let me tell you something. In this world only the strong survives and a weakling like you who only depends on us will never live. So if you still want to have that scholarship, you will shut your mouth, forget what you saw yesterday and live like it didn’t happen.”

So the rumors are true. That Jungkook has some crazy connections with the school board that he can manipulate them like puppets in a show. What a brat.

Crying can’t be the wrong thing to do right now, and the tears in Ara’s eyes badly wants to flow. But if Jungkook is stubborn—then so is she. “Yah, don’t use that trick on me.”

Earlier she’s scared to the bones that her knees tremble just by looking at his eyes but now she is pissed more than terrified.

“You think you can pull and push me just because you’re a silver spoon?” That strong retort is something he didn’t expect. For he thought he had intimidated Ara enough for her to cry, after all she’s about to tear up just a second ago, what happened that she gained confidence and now she’s standing firmly on what she believes.

“You may be rich but you don’t have the power to control me.” Jungkook stepped back when he notice that Ara is getting closer than normal. “Jeon Jungkook.” She said with a face that seems ready to punch a face. “I have a philosophy as well and that is—you can’t always have what you want.”

Jungkook was taken off guard after hearing those words. Somehow after he had processed it a memory from his past returned. Someone had told those same words to him before and that is none

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter