[Amusement Park]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It was a bright and sunny day. The sun shone brilliantly in the clear, blue sky. Luckily the weather wasn't bad, or else MinGuk would be very upset if we couldn't go to the amusement park. He was so excited that he couldn’t stop talking about it the whole morning. We went down to the lobby as we waited for WooBin to arrive. Once I saw his car pulled up at the entrance, we exited the building and we got into his vehicle. Since none of us had eaten yet, we decided to have lunch before we headed to the amusement park.

“Enjoy your meal,” she spoke while she placed the dishes on the table.

“Yummy!” MinGuk shouted.

“You should say thank you,” I instructed.

“Thank you,” he said as he looked at the waitress.

“Oh, you are very welcome!” she responded and curved into a smile, “Eat a lot, okay?” she added.

“I will!” he grinned and she chuckled at him as she touched his cheek.

“You’re so cute!” she complimented and then she glanced at WooBin and me. “You guys have a very adorable son,” she told us. I stared at her with my eyes wide opened. I looked at WooBin and her again, embarrassed by her unexpected remark. Then I cleared my throat before I spoke.

“Oh, he’s not-“

“Thank you,” WooBin interrupted me and I blinked at him with surprise. She bowed her head as she smiled at us before she walked away.

“Um…” I started as I scratched my head, feeling awkward, “Sorry…” I apologized and he glanced at me.

“For what?” he asked as he handed me a pair of chopsticks.

“Uh…you know… the lady… what she said earlier,” I stuttered and pressed my lips together, “Why did you say thank you?” I asked.

“I just don’t think there’s a need for you to explain to her, that’s all,” he answered and shrugged a shoulder, “anyways, let’s eat,” he said.

After we had finished our lunch, we commuted from the restaurant to the amusement park. As we approached the gate, we could hear the thick clanking of rides moving, the shuddering of rails and tracks, and the screams of the passengers as they were whipped around. We paid at the entrance and went in the courtyard with its souvenir shops and concession stands. Vividly crowded by families, teenagers, small children and couples. Before we strolled through the park, we studied the handy park map to see where the kid rides were located.

We joined in a couple of rides with MinGuk until he decided to play Roto whip which allowed children to go on. So MinGuk went on by himself while WooBin and I stood by the rail and watched him play.

“Mommy!” he grinned, and I giggled as I waved at him. I took out my phone and snapped a couple of photos of him.

“How cuteee!” I laughed and showed WooBin the pictures. He looked at it and bobbed his head as he smiled.  Then I put my phone away and glanced at him, “Are you doing okay?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he answered, “Why?” he questioned.

“Oh, I thought you’d be bored since we’re not doing anything special,” I replied.

“Nah, it's quite fun and interesting to me," he responded, "I mean this is new to me, right? I don’t have a kid and nor do I know anyone who has a child,” he explained.

“Or maybe…” I paused, “You can make one of your own,” I joked. His face went blank with sleepy, half-lidded eyes and an eyebrow raised.

“I don’t even have a girlfriend, so how can I make one?” he sneered.

“See? You’re single and ready to mingle!” I giggled and he disagreed as he shook his head. “Why? Did you even date anyone after me?” I asked.

“It would be a lie if I say no,” he smirked.

“Okay, fair enough,” I replied as I pursed my lips and nodded my head.

Afterwards, we wanted to take a rest so we went to a concession stand and I bought ice cream for all of us. Then we sat down on a bench as we were having our break.

“Did you have fun today?” WooBin asked as he stared at MinGuk.

“Yes!” MinGuk replied and said, “Thank you Uncle WooBin.”

“No problem! Let me know when you want to come again, I will bring you here,” WooBin offered.

“Really?!” MinGuk asked as his eye lit up and WooBin bobbed his head, “Yay!!” he cheered.

“You’re spoiling my son…” I muttered as I wiped MinGuk’s mouth with a napkin and I glanced at him. He lifted his shoulder in a half shrug and looked at me with a smirk. I sneered at him and continued to enjoy my ice cream. Then from the corner of my eyes, I could see he was still staring at me. "What?" I asked as I gazed at him.

"You have ice cream on your lip," he answered. Without warning, he gently wipe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter