3/3

Au Revoir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four years has passed and now Jungkook is sitting in his car staring at the house that he has left. Nothing much changed except for the unfinished buildings behind their houses. He is anxious to be meeting his friends again after only meeting them through social network. He didn’t inform them that he’s coming back. It’s going to be a surprise. But first, he wishes to meet one person before anyone else.

 

He hesitates to knock on the door but smiles when he hears the familiar voice that he has been listening to over the phone for the past years singing behind the door. He knocks a few times and the door swings open. Standing in front of him is a beautiful woman who was once the girl he used to tease a lot back when they were still kids, innocent and playful, living a fun-filled life with no worries at all.

 

Even after all the years, he likes it how he can still make her face flush as they stare at each other longer.

 

Jungkook lifts his brow as a smile tugs on his face, eyes locked onto hers. “Are you going to stare at me forever and not invite me in?” he teases and she breaks into a soft laughter. Chaeyoung’s eyes travel from his face downwards before they go up again and she smiles brightly.

 

“You’re…back,” she softly says. “It’s really you.”

 

Jungkook is ready to again when another familiar voice interrupts. “Baby, who is that at the door?” Jungkook’s heart stops beating for a second at the pet name.

 

Chaeyoung turns to her right and chuckles before the owner of the voice makes an appearance.

 

“Jeon Jungkook!” Taehyung opens the door wider as he slaps Jungkook’s shoulder. “Why didn’t you tell us you’re coming?! Guys! It’s Jungkook! Jungkook’s back!”

 

For the whole moment of his friends showing up one by one to greet him, he can’t keep his eyes off of Chaeyoung and Taehyung. The bright cheerful smile that kept on hanging on his face has disappeared completely and the only smile he has for when a situation needs him to smile is basically a fake one when Taehyung’s arm wraps around Chaeyoung’s shoulder as they walk deeper into the house.

 

*

 

Chaeyoung has her beautiful long black hair now replaced with a beautiful shade of rose. He is going to miss her fierce look that came together with her original hair color. Now that the color is different, she leans more on the cute side. Nonetheless, both looks are his favorite, he thinks.

 

“You didn’t tell me you dyed your hair,” Jungkook says.

 

“Do I have to tell you everything?” she snorts lightly. “Taehyung went to dye his hair a month ago, and he looks so good in it. I wanted a change too. I have been having black hair for so long. This color,” she takes her hair and waves it a little, “is suggested by him. Beautiful, isn’t it?”

 

Jungkook pushes his tongue against his cheek from the inside, looks down and nods lightly. “Yeah it is.” Taehyung, Taehyung, Taehyung.

 

While Taehyung, Jimin and Seokjin are busy playing cards with Namjoon, Jennie’s fiancé, and Jennie is busying herself watching the TV, Jungkook takes the chance to approach Chaeyoung while she is preparing for desserts for everyone. If it isn’t for the fact that Taehyung and her are together and that Taehyung exists in that house, he’d have her in his arms again because he misses her. Despite the irritation he feels towards his friends for hiding their relationship and for Taehyung to replace him while he was away, the last thing he wants is for a couple to fight because of him.

 

Instead of trapping her in his embrace, he pokes her shoulder and smiles at her when she turns around. “Hey,” she says, focusing back on the dessert.

 

“Hey.”

 

The straight-to-the-point Jungkook just gets better with years when he doesn’t filter his question to her. With a playful scoff to light up the mood, he asks, “So, when are you going to tell me that you and Taehyung are actually together?”

 

Chaeyoung looks up at him, surprised. “Taehyung and I?” A slow smile spreads on her lips and Jungkook’s heart clenches before Chaeyoung bursts into soft giggles. “What are you talking about? We’re not together.”

 

He is not convinced. Putting on his smiley face on his solemn face, he playfully bumps his fist with her arm as he leans his hip against the counter. “Oh, come on. No hiding.”

 

She puts down the knife and crosses her arms, facing him completely this time. She displays a smirk as her brow quirks, “What makes you think so?”

 

Jungkook takes in a deep breath as he crosses his own arms over his chest, mimicking her actions earlier. “First and foremost, he called you ‘Baby’.”

 

She makes a thinking face. “What’s the second?”

 

“It seems to me that he can’t keep his hands off you.”

 

“Kim Taehyung has always been touchy, though?”

 

“Really?” he tilts his head and stares at her, face wearing an expression to show how unconvinced he is.

 

“You’ve only been away for only a couple of years yet you have forgotten about that,” she sighs. “I don’t know what will happen if you are away for ten years. Most likely you will forget our names and our existence.”

 

“No, I won’t,” he argues. Chaeyoung, especially, has been on his mind since forever and he is sure she will be there until forever.

 

A second later, Jimin shows up in the kitchen and pushes Chaeyoung away as he tries to grab his mug that’s left on the counter. When she refuses to move, Jimin sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter