Chapter 1

The Beauty of Taehyung (V)

Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea

11.30 p.m, 2017

Lee Yemi POV

Friday night. As usual. It just me and my bed for tonight. Nothing out of ordinary. For some other people they might be hanging out with their friends right now at club or restaurant or maybe relaxing around Hangang River. For me, my room and my bed are the only things I need during this time. Ahh..I forgot! My precious diary also. ^ ^ 

I quickly take the precious diary in my small cabinet beside my bed and  laying on my queen size bed. I don't know since when these thing become my habit during friday night but I will definitely read back one chapter from my diary which I titled it as "Beauty" before go to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BEAUTY

Yeongdo, Busan, South Korea

11.30 pm, 2010

There is something about beauty. The thing you cannot point your finger to, cannot even describe it. You just have to see it but not with your eyes but your heart. I personally believe beauty comes from the inside of your heart.

I wanted to tell you about this boy. He was a little how do I say, a little less perfect in everyone else's eyes. But to me, he was "GORGEOUS". What was the difference between everyone and me? I KNEW him. I KNEW him better than anyone else. Acrtually, we had known each other since we were nine. He was my neighbour, my classmates and ..... my bestfriend ever!! His name is Taehyung.

You know what? Taehyung told me that he liked me but I chose to ignore him becuase I took his words as a joke. Besides, we were bestfriend for all these years. It was obviously weird if he seriously said that. But, Taehyung is not the one who give up so easily. One day after the first confession, he suddenly told me that he would make me like him too. I just answered with a grin, "It's IMPOSSIBLE Taehyung!!"  followed by my laughter.

Everyone can call me witch, evil, demon or whatsoever but actually I often asked him to help me get closer to a boy named Jimin who was the most charming boy in my school. Was I being too cruel for asking the boy that loved me to help me capture another boy's heart? Ohhh..that was extremely cruel. But he agreed to help me. I did not know what Taehyung did but after a few weeks, Jimin came to me and asked me to be his girlfriend. 

Jimin said he was actually hooked up on me a long time ago. Everytime I imagined the way he confessed his feelings towards me with his gentle voice, the way he looked at me with his mesmerizing eyes, I felt like fireworks popping around my head. But...our relationship did not last longer. We both broke up after two months. Only for TWO MONTHS!! He left me just because I chose to be friends with Taehyung. Actually, Jimin once asked me to choose between him and Taehyung because he felt quite jealous after seeing me a bit too close to Taehyung. "Of course we were CLOSE!!! We were BESTFRIENDS!! He was my dearest and nearest boy ever existed in my life. You have no right to ask me to make decision like this. You both are very special to me. But, since you insisted, I don't have any choice, I choose Taehyung. Sorry Jimin. I love you but I LOVE my friendship with Taehyung more than anything."

I didn't know why I sacrificed my love only for Taehyung. Because of that, Jimin left me. I ran to the garden nearby to my house. There, I cried out loudly. Suddenly, someone patted my shoulder from the back. I could feel the warmth and softness from it. It was Taehyung. "I have two shoulders. I can lend you one if you want to." He said. I landed my head to his broad shoulder still could not stop from crying.

After five minutes, my tears finally stopped. I swiped my tears with my spotless white uniform. "I want to tell you something." Taehyung said. "I will be going to America today. Sorry for not telling you earlier. My eldest sister will get married there. So I have to go along with her." He continued with a frustration expression on his face. "When will you come back again?" I asked him. " I'm not sure. Maybe five to six years later because my parents decided to stay there." He answered with a fake smile plastered on his sweet face.

"What!!?? How can I live without him? Six years would be too long!! I cannot live without him!!" I screaming silently in my heart. "Do you really have to go? What about me?" I asked him and my eyes were already filled up with tears. "What about you? Just live happily without me of course. Why? You cannot live without me,right? Do you like me?" He teasingly asked me. I just sit silently there without giving him any answer.

"Umm..It's okay. I got to go now." He said. While standing up, he slowly pulled out a mustered-yellow Apple-brand Ipod from his pocket and placed the earphones inside my ears gently. "SARANGHAE." He whispered that word to my right ear before ran towards his sister's mini cooper. I stood up motionless and could not utter a single word. I was very speechless with his sudden act.

The Ipod started to play a tune. The song was a famous song that we used to listen together by Westlife band.

"An empty street, an empty house
A hole inside my heart
I'm all alone, the rooms are getting smaller.

I wonder how, I wonder why,
I wonder where they are
The days we had, the songs we sang together...."

The bittersweet memories of us playing together in the playground, chasing each other without knowing the word tired, marching out together to school, our smiles and jokes are clearly playing like a flash back in my mind.

"And all my love, I'm holding on forever
Reaching for the love that seems so far...."

I watched him from a distant. My feelings were all mixed up. I realised within Taehyung there was something special. I t was the inner beauty that made him so special to me. He was so special that I could not bear to lose him. I ran as fast as I could not willing to let him go. " Taehyung!!! Don't leave me!!!" I cried my lungs out. Fortunately, the car stopped. The window screened down and Taehyung face appeared. "See...I told you. I'll make you fall to me." He said while smile widely.

THE END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sweetheart!!! I'm home."

"Just in time I finish reading this chapter." I said slowly.

He entered our room while holding a bouquet of ivory roses and baby's breath. That's my man, Kim Taehyung. The same boy as 7 years later who is GORGEOUS INSIDE AND OUT.