3. Sehun

Blood

Sehun

Sehun ignored Lu Han’s nagging as much as he could. He didn’t have the time to deal with his hyung. He simply focused on packing as light as he could, three changes of clothes and socks, clean underwear and he was ready to go. 

Sehun looked around their small, shared compartment; Lu Han’s bed was opposite his, comforter on the floor because Lu Han didn’t know how to sleep without tossing around. Half of their belongings were scattered around their feet. Sehun knew he was going to miss it. But Earth seemed promising enough so Sehun wouldn’t feel so bad about leaving; they were told that humans had similar technology, albeit inferior, and their customs were also alike. 

Lu Han was still rambling in the background. Sehun was still ignoring him. Sehun didn’t even look up from his bag until Jongin poked his head in through the sliding doors and called him.


“What is it?” Sehun grumbled, looking around. His neighbours were giving him looks again and it bothered him.

“I managed to convince Junmyeon hyung to let us sit together in the pod,” Jongin gloated. He looked so proud of himself. “You were supposed to be sitting with Lu Han hyung, but now he’s sitting with Kyungsoo hyung.”

Despite himself, Sehun felt himself smiling. The trip to Earth was ten hours long and sitting in a closed compartment with Jongin seemed much more promising than being trapped with Lu Han. 

Jongin left only after Sehun had promised to meet him by the launcher. When Sehun walked back in his compartment, Lu Han was no longer chattering mindlessly but trying to fit a wooden box in his bulging bag.

“Hyung, I don’t think you’ll be able to take that,” he said. Lu Han stopped, looked at the box thoughtfully and then turned to Sehun. “Could you take this for me?”

Sehun grabbed the box and put it with the rest of his belongings wordlessly. Lu Han beamed and thanked him. 

Sehun noticed that their compartment looked a lot bigger with their things packed. Surprisingly, he found he was going to miss the place. Perhaps not the looks everyone gave him and Jongin when they were out, but definitely the memories he had of running around with his brothers when they were little. 

Lu Han walked ahead of him on their way to the launch pad, bright smile on his face as he waved goodbye to the people he walked past. Sehun trailed behind quietly, his duffel bag slung over his shoulder, head down so he wouldn’t have to look at anyone. Sehun was honestly impressed by his hyung’s friendly ways; he’d always been like that, an easy-going smile always present on his lips, pleasantries at the ready for everyone. Maybe that’s why Sehun had sought him out in the first place, like moth drawn to a flame.

The launch pad was bustling with people, from technicians to family and friends waiting to save goodbye. Sehun spied his own brother standing near the ship, scanning something or another; Sehun got an impossibly brighter smile on his face as he raced towards him.

“Hyung!” Sehun tackled his brother to the ground in a big hug; it had been nearly a year since they last saw each other, after Seho had been promoted to Admiral and shipped off to the country side.

“Sehunnie,” Seho chuckled. Sehun had a dumb grin on his face and it made Seho smile too. “How’s my little brother doing? You’re going to Earth, are you excited?”

Sehun nodded. Seho sat up on the floor, Sehun following suit. At the far back of the room, Sehun could see Baekhyun and Chanyeol saying goodbye to their moms and siblings; Yura was crying as she hugged them both with all the might she had in her tiny body, but Baekbeom had the proudest grin on his face Sehun had seen.

All around them, his companions were saying their farewells, but Sehun didn’t feel like he was separating from his brother; he felt like he was getting closer to him, in a way. They would both be playing important roles in their world’s future, it was exhilarating.

“I know you’re gonna do great,” Seho said with finality, “so I’m not even gonna bother wishing you luck. But just so you know, if you ever need any help with anything, you send me a message and I’ll be there in an instant. I don’t care if I have to steal a pod to get there.”

Sehun could feel his eyes water, and Seho enveloped him in another hug when he started sniffling. His brother smelled like pine trees and rain. 

“Oh, what a cute sight,” someone cooed behind them. Sehun didn’t have to turn around to know who it was.

“ off, Lu Han,” the young boy replied.

“Is that anyway of speaking to me in front of my mom?”

Sehun stiffened, turning around with dread only to find Lu Han standing there, alone and with an infuriating grin on his face. Seho was laughing quietly.

“I can’t believe this is the dork you used to have a crush on,” Seho giggles. Both Sehun and Lu Han turn to look at him, Sehun with horror and Lu Han with glee.

“A crush?” the blond asked, “On me?”

“I hate you so much,” Sehun moaned, but his brother simply smiled at him and ruffled his hair before standing up and walking away.

“Did Sehunnie used to have a crush on Lu ge?” Lu Han gushed, racing after Sehun as the younger boy tried to get away from him as fast as possible. 

“Leave me alone!” Sehun flailed, using a very confused looking Yifan as shield before ditching him and running towards Jongin.

Bad idea.

“Jonginnie!” Lu Han exclaimed happily, “Guess what I just found out!”

Jongin blinked, his eyes darting between the devil smiling at him and the very terrified boyfriend clinging to him. “Um, what?”

Lu Han got a maniac grin on his face, but just as he was about to ruin Sehun’s life, their supervisor called for all of them to board the ship. It was time to go. Lu Han trudged away with a pout and a mouthed ‘this ain’t over’ directed towards Sehun, but the boy was still relieved. 

Jongin took hold of his hand and squeezed as they moved to stand in a circle along his brothers. All twelve of them, nervous yet excited, standing as one.

“Make us proud, boys,” their supervisor said. Then, they boarded the ship.