1. Chanyeol

Blood

Chanyeol

The first thing Chanyeol noticed when he woke up was the heat. It was sweltering, and the clothes he was wearing were clinging to him like a second skin. One look down and he noticed those weren’t his clothes. He didn’t own loafers, of all shoes.

He also couldn’t remember anything other than walking aimlessly for… how long? He couldn’t tell. But he could at least guess that it had been a long time, because his limbs ached. The sun blinded him. There wasn’t a sign of civilization in any direction he looked.

Chanyeol sighed. He was confused, he was hot and he was hungry. There was a throbbing in his left arm, just above his wrist. He looked down. It was a number; 64, inked into his skin. A code for something, maybe? He didn’t know. There were a lot of things he didn’t know or remember, apparently. 

Chanyeol figured the best plan at the moment was to start walking. Maybe he’d find a clue that would tell him where he was. Or where the boys were. The last thing he remembered was being in the pod, Baekhyun by his side, holding his hand as they hurled across the galaxy. He remembered Minseok shouting something about a meteorite. A crash. Baekhyun being ripped from his side. And then it got blurry; walking… walking… and walking some more, a bright light, something piercing his skin.

And then he was waking up. He was in a field, and there seemed to be a forest of some sorts a couple miles away. Maybe he could get there before dawn. He lifted his palm and tried to create a flame. Nothing. Heartbeat increasing, he tried again. He concentrated as hard as he could, but to no avail; there was no response. Swallowing down the panic threatening to escape him, Chanyeol got to his feet. He would worry about his problem at night, especially if it got cold.

The sun was starting to get lower in the sky, indicating the progress of the afternoon. Chanyeol had no idea what direction he was going in, and he wasn’t familiar with the human’s cardinal points. At least, he guessed he was on Earth. They already had been in their orbit when they crashed. It only made sense. 

By the time night fell, Chanyeol was already at the edge of the forest. He had been right; it did get cold, and that was a problem, considering he couldn’t use his power. He had kept trying during his walk, but there had been nothing. Chanyeol was worried now; he didn’t know how he was going to eat if he didn’t find an animal, and even if he did, how was he supposed to cook them without his fire? He hadn’t paid attention to the survival lessons back when they were kids.

The trees were thick and strong, and the leaves overlapped each other. Now that he was there, he could hear small animals running around. Chanyeol found a fallen trunk and sat down, panting. He was exhausted; he couldn’t remember the last time he had walked that much in such short time.

Chanyeol formed a plan in his head; first, he would find an animal. Then, he’d find a way to make fire. He’d rest for the night and by sunrise he’d find a way to civilization. Pleased, Chanyeol got back to his feet. 

Finding food wasn’t a problem; catching it was. He had his eyes set on a large rabbit, but the damn thing was way faster than him. Somehow, Chanyeol managed to trap it (basically, he launched himself from a low branch and landed right next to the rabbit; poor thing didn’t have time to be surprised before Chanyeol had a hand wrapped around the tail).

Now, fire. Chanyeol racked his brain to remember; something about wood? If he remembered correctly, if you rubbed a… stick? With a rock? Or something, like that, you were supposed to get fire. However, just as he was about to try out his theory, a spark flew from his fingertip. 

Chanyeol stopped and stared. A minute passed, and then it happened again. Chanyeol could feel the fire spreading, slowly, from his core and toward his hands. Without meaning to, his hand caught on fire. And it burnt. It was the first time in his life that fire burnt him. Chanyeol flailed, scared, and a nearby tree set on fire. Before he could panic, the fire became colder, more stable in his grasp, and the burning simmered down to the degree he was used to. 

Some of the trees around him were on fire, but Chanyeol didn’t care. Having his fire back, after what seemed like forever to him, lifted his spirits considerably. 

Chanyeol started walking.