Jealousy (질투)

WINderella and the Five Knights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite Johnny’s fear of visiting his mother’s death bed, something compelled  him to. It may have been the morning’s misty look, or the macchiato he had this morning that he always shared with his mother.  

But now that he was in front of the building where he used to pay respects, he feels as if he should bail; like there was a force pushing him away from his mother. Turning around and taking one step, Johnny paused/ ‘ you came all the way here...you dressed in a suit..all just to go back? Do you know how much your mother must have missed you? Its been 4 years since the last time you visited her. Have some respect.’

Johnny pushed the door to the entrance open.

 

Sicheng looked down at the bouquet of white roses he held, squeezed between his palms. His eyes were filled with tears, and he looked down before meeting the eyes of the worker before him. “How could you shove my mother’s urn in storage just because the payments were overdue?” He yelled, voice broken from all the shouting. “Do people need to be evicted, even in death, just because they can’t pay rent?” He continued.

The man in front of him sighed before answering lightly, “still, rules are rules.” Sicheng swallowed harshly. “How much money do I owe you?”

“Five million won.” In shock, Sichengs eyes searched the man's for any telltale signs of lying; but there weren’t any.

“Move over.” A distant voice stated, and a young man about 6 foot tall came to stand by Sicheng and the man. It seemed as if he wanted to access the urn above were Sicheng’s mother’sused to be. “Can’t you keep things quiet in here?” The young man stated, and the worker quickly  bowed before apologizing.

“I’m sorry,” looking at Sicheng, he continued “we’ll continue this outside.” With that, Johnny was left alone in front of his mother's urn.

He stared longingly at it, quietly paying his respects before exiting. On his way out, Johnny noticed the worker from earlier speaking with the boy by the entrance.

Sicheng once again looked down at the white roses, swallowing thickly to prevent any choked sobbing from occurring. He got down on his knees, meeting the eyes of the shocked worker, before saying “please, sir. Can you take my mom out of storage? Please!” Sicheng almost started crying, “..please.”

Johnny, who was watching this whole scenario from the entrance, could only stare at the actions of the boy.

Standing sheltered from the rain but watching it in sadness, Sicheng cried silently, sniffling, and sobbing. His shoulders were shaking not only from the cold, but from the pain within his heart.  Johnny approached him from behind, staring at the other, before standing at his side. However, Johnny, after taking a short pause, continues to walk towards his motorcycle. Sicheng looks down at his bouquet, remembering his past with his mother.

Mom, this is a present for you! My teacher said to give white roses to those your respect!

Looking out the window of the bus he’s riding home, Sicheng sighed, wondering when he’d feel at peace again; if he could feel such without his mother at his side.

“Ta-da! How is it? I made this to wear at the wedding.” Ten was holding up a light blue suit with subtle white lace around the cuffs. “What wedding?” Johnny asked, looking at Ten in confusion. “You’re Grandpa’s!” Ten incredulously stated, Johnny’s smile faltering. “You’re going, right?” Ten questioned, and Johnny looked away before saying “I’m not going.”

“You’re really not going?”

“Nobody wants me there, anyways.” Johnny retorted, and Ten put his suit on his sewing table before moving on. “I heard Taeyong is bringing someone.” (A/N: Must read: I switched Taeyong and Yuta, Taeyong is the one who asked Sicheng to go with him to the party, not Yuta anymore. You will soon know why) Ten started, organizing his fabrics and measuring tapes. Johnny looked at him carefully. “Does that bother you?” Ten looked away before saying, “Can’t you come with me?” Johnny huffed while pushing himself of Ten’s desk. “Usually I’d do any favor you ask me, bu-”

“Yeah, okay i get it.” Ten cuts in. “Sorry for asking.” Johnny looked at Ten, walking up to him.

“So why did you ask me a favor you knew I couldn’t do? That’s very manipulative.” Ten thinned his lips before looking away.

Sicheng was taking a walk by the Han river later that night, trying to find ways to pay off his new debt, when a white limo rolled up next to him. Taeyong stepped out of the Limo in a suit, before walking up to the other.

“You’re offer is still valid, right?” Sicheng questioned with uncertainty. ‘This is my only chance at paying of the debt, even though i’d still need 3 million more.’

“Of course.” Taeyong  easily replies.

“Fine. But instead, give me cash. And I can’t give you a cash receipt.”

Taeyong crossed his arms. “You’re quite interesting. This isn’t what I was expecting you to say. Fine, then. Let me get a little something extra too.”

“What the hell do you mean?” Sicheng says, before calming himself down; he couldn’t lose the deal after all.

“Act like my fiancee for three hours.” Taeyong says quickly.

“What? Your Fiancée? I’m a guy.” SIcheng says, but in reality it wouldn’t bother him, he’s gay anyways.

“What, you don’t want to? You’re never going to get another chance to earn so much money in three hours.” Taeyong stated the facts, and Sicheng looked away in defeat.

“And why do you need a fake fiancée?”

“Oh..because of my grandpa.”

“Your grandfather?”

“Yeah, he’s really ill, and he wants to see me tied down before he passes.”when he sees the empathy written all over Sicheng’s face, Taeyong knew he’d convinced him. Just to convince him some more, Taeyong turns around pretending to cry. In panic, Sicheng agrees. “I don’t want to participate in you lies, but i’ll agree to this for now. But in exchange, if you attempt to pull any fast ones, I really won’t stand for it. Got it?” Taeyong turns around, agreeing immediately. “Okay. Alright. Since we’re engaged, we should introduce ourselves.

“I’m Seo Taeyong. And you are?”holding his hand out for a handshake (that Sicheng blatantly rejects) “I’m Dong Sicheng.”

 

They enter the limo, Taeyong taking a look at Sicheng, who sat one seat away from him; forcing a gap between them. Sicheng looked out the window, avoiding contact with the other.

“Wow, you sure are interesting.” Taeyong shifted, getting a better look at the others side profile. “How could you be looking out the window when you’re sitting next to me?” Taeyong questioned incredulously. He leaned in before continuing, “What’s wrong with you?”

Sicheng smiled before turning to face Taeyong. “Don’t act like we’re friends,” he said, and Taeyong into the vacant seat, sitting flush against Sicheng’s side, forcing an arm around his waist. “We’re engaged, you know. So we should try to act the part.”

“No thanks.” Sicheng said, getting up and moving to sit across from the other. Unfazed, Taeyong only leaned towards the other, “You’ll be my fiancée for three hours tonight . A chance like this won’t come again, so let’s play.” Taeyong blew a kiss after his words, and Sicheng only lifted his fist in response.

“This is is the location of the NCT Corp’s Chairman Seo Seunghyun’s fifth marriage. They say there will be two types of Korean Royal Families after tonight: those who were invited to this wedding and those who were not. However, the biggest question tonight is:

Will the Seo cousins, who have never been seen together in one place, all show up?”

Taeyong stepped out of the limo first, fans at the entrance of the location screaming, the news reporter taking a dramatic pause for his entrance. But, Taeyong reached his hand into the car, pulling out a lean, tall young man causing everyone to get silent. ‘Who the hell is that?’ ‘who is that?’ ‘Hey!’

“Lady ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter