Angel

Perfect (formerly Good Thing!)

The cashier grabs the slightly battered book and turns it onto its cover. He scans the cover up and down with pursed lips, smoothing the frayed edges with the tips of his fingers.

 

He shifts his gaze from the book to Johnny, trying to match the book to its future owner.

 

Scanning the man opposite him, the cashier had come to the conclusion that Johnny was a warm man. A warm man who went through some rough patches, judging by the book he was purchasing. The customer shifted from foot to foot, seemingly distressed about the cashier's silent appraisal.

 

The cashier held back a smile and directed his attention back to the book's front cover.

 

"The Path to Happiness: patience." The cashier read out loud. He locked eyes with Johnny once again, this time with the corner of his lips slightly upturned.

 

Ever so smooth, Johnny let out a nervous chuckle and shot the cashier an embarrassed smile.

 

A look of realization dawned on the raven haired boy, and he abruptly slammed the book down on the counter. With wide eyes, the cashier hurriedly explained, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I'm not judging you, just thinking aloud. I just-" He took a second to let deep breath out before calmly explaining, "I read this book before and it was life changing. It changed my perspective on so many things, I think you'll love it."

 

Johnny and the abnormally handsome cashier awkwardly stared at each other for a few seconds before the taller boy's let out a chuckle.

 

"Thanks," Johnny pauses to look for a name to call the eccentric man. His eyes land on a silver plated name tag with Taeyong engraved into the center. "Taeyong."
 

Taeyong hands him his bag with a warm smile, "If it helps any, I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. It'll all work out in the end, just you wait."



Johnny looked back at Taeyong in complete disbelief.



"You're probably the single most supportive stranger I've ever met." Johnny said.



Taeyong flashes him blinding smile.

 

"Have a good day!", he yelled out as Johnny was exiting the store.

 

Johnny treks back to his ty apartment with a unknowing smile on his face. He thinks about Taeyong's smile the whole ten minute walk home and decides, right then and there, that he just came in contact with an angel. 

 


i came up with the idea of this story when i watched the nct 127 limitless room thing where they were all wearing pijamas and they revealed the stuff in their bags. Taeyong just so happened to have a self-help book he was reading (which was so adorable btw!!!) in his bag and i thought, Hey! Johnny likes to read, lets make him read a self help book lmao

i also originally planned to project my life experience onto johnny for this fic but then it just became to hard to write so, here i am editing my work, so it can fit my new direction better :-)

please comment if you want faster updates, they keep really motivate me and give me the confidence i need to finish this fic!!!