The SUN (BTS)

Descendants of Idols

Ft. Namjin + ( OC - original character )

Snippet: 15 year old Namjin is currently a trainee at BigHit to become a singer as well as keep close to Min Yoongi, who he still has a deep affection towards. With Namjin’s constant visit to Yoongi and Hoseok’s sub label, Su-HOPE Records, he gets to meet one of the first signed artist.

※ This is, of course, a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual people - living or dead, places, true events, incidents etc. are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner, and are purely coincidental.

※ BL / fluffy / comedy

※ Story created in November 2 2016 ~ 2019 ( i know huh? :T )

※ Certain information have been altered to fit with the story. Please pardon the mistakes.

Author Coffeemilk corner: Excellent! Finally, a BTS kid fic.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“That will be all for today guys, great work,” the instructor said as he turned off the stereos with his remote control, “in the next couple of weeks as you all may know is the company’s monthly evaluation...I will be evaluating your dances that you guys should have practiced for the last couple of weeks.” The instructor and former member of the now retired group BTS, Jeon Jungkook, crossed his arms, glancing over at the trainees that were before him. They all nodded as they started to pack up their things with some heading over to their next practice session with their vocal coaches or head back to the dorms to rest.

Now that it was after his dance practices, it meant only one thing for current trainee, Kim Namjin.

Namjin looked at his watch as he placed his cap on. “And I have to go! See ya later --”

“Ah-ah, hold it,” Jungkook stopped the other and quickly made his way over to the desk, “I knew that this day will come. Can you hand this over to Yoongi please.” Jungkook grabbed the pencil case. He headed back over to Namjin, and handed it over. “Please don’t lose this. Inside are two usbs of soundtracks that BigHit’s music producers would want Yoongi and Hoseok to look over.”

“Wah? Why me?!”

“Because you are heading over there anyway. At least do this for Uncle.” Namjin rolled his eyes, giving a bit of an attitude. With a sigh, he agreed and opened his bag to put the pencil case inside. Jungkook beamed, patting the other on the shoulder. “Thank you.”

“Aren’t cha glad that my parents know you.”

“And aren’t you glad that you have a great Uncle like me?”

“Yeah, yeah, okay...is that all?”

“Yes, yes,” Jungkook started to ‘shoo’ the trainee, “go and be safe.”

Kim Namjin, a 15 year old and currently trainee for five months in BigHit Entertainment, has hopes of becoming an idol singer like this parents. The idea of wanting to be able to live a life as a rich, talented, and attractive idol of the entertainment industry was very appealing. Being the son of the former members of the now retired group, BTS, many of BigHit’s trainees viewed Namjin as a celebrity in the company. He is well loved by most of the trainees, yet some also detest the other’s ‘princess’ personality for acting spoiled and haughty that the few tend to keep their distance from the other. It didn’t bother Namjin one bit. He didn’t care what they thought of him. To him, they can do their own thing, while he does his.

As Namjin made his way outside of BigHit’s building, ran towards the bike rack, unlocking his padlock for his bike. Once it was unlocked, he started to pedal his way over to Su-HOPE Records, BigHit’s sub-label that was created just a year ago with big time music producers and lyricists Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok as their heads. As of now, no current artist is signed with company due to still trying to organize their place together.

It was just a 13 minute bike ride from BigHit to Su-HOPE Records, and Namjin made it with no problems. He locked his bike up in the bike rack, and started to stroll inside the company building.

Su-HOPE Records was a small building, with just 4 levels total. The first level being two, small dance rooms, the second level being two pro-recording studios, and the last two levels are offices that are occupied by the heads and small staff. It was small, but still it was growing.

“Uncle!” Namjin sang as he busted the door open to Yoongi and Hoseok’s office. Both jumped at the sudden scare, but eased when they saw that it was their nephew. “God,” Hoseok placed his hand on his chest, “Namjin, how many times did we say don’t do that. It scares us. I might get a heart attack.”

“Ah, Uncle Hoseok...you are here too.” Namjin beamed.

“You sound disappointed,” Hoseok crossed his arms, yet reopened them as Namjin made his way over to give his uncle a hug, “as always...here to bother your favorite uncle huh?” He chuckled, turning his way over to Yoongi.

With a hum, Yoongi adjusted his black rimmed glasses. “Ah, Jungkook just called me and said that he gave you the usbs of music tracks.”

Namjin nodded, swinging his leather carryall bag over. He opened it taking out the pencil case. “Yep, here it is,” he handed the case over, “can I listen to them?”

“No can do,” Yoongi opened it, “all trainees are prohibited in listening to completed tracks. It is for BigHit’s current idols only. When you get there, you will get to listen to them.” Namjin pursed his lips, crossing his arms.

“That's not fair.”

“And it’s not fair that I let you, a trainee, listen to it first before your seniors.” Yoongi said before chuckling. “Ah, be patient, your time will come.”

Namjin puffed his cheeks, before taking a seat on the white couch that was in their office. “When are you guys gonna recruit artists? It has been a year already…”

“Hm, well Yoongi and I...we are a bit selective in picking our artists.” Hoseok said, taking a sip of his water, “we are thinking of only recruiting BigHit trainees. The CEO is kind enough to pick qualified trainees himself and present their evaluation towards us. We personally choose which trainee we think will be suited to come here and debut. Even if they aren’t picked, they will always have BigHit.”

“Oh...well that's interesting…a bit strict.” ‘Good thing I’m a BigHit trainee.’

“Well, we are very selective people. Though, we did pick someone,” Yoongi said. He looked up from his cellphone, placing it on his glass table, “but he isn’t a BigHit trainee.”

“Eh? Then that kinda goes against what Uncle Hoseok just said.”

Hoseok chuckled. “Yeah it does, but to be honest, he is very gifted. We decided to give a bit of a chance for him...or rather leeway for him. Who knows, we just might change our minds later in the future about it and let other trainees besides BigHit to come and debut with us.”

Yoongi rested his elbows on his chair seat, folding his hands together. “Exceptional that we just need to have him in our company.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Namjin pondered while he was on his bed, thinking of the guy that captured both his uncles attention. He bit his nails. ‘And he isn’t a BigHit trainee...’ “He must be special…”

“Who is?”

Namjin looked up, seeing his uncle that he is currently rooming with, Kim Taehyung. An instructor as well in BigHit, specializing both in dance and vocalization, while Jimin and Jungkook split dance and vocals among them. Out of the five, he is the more lively and energetic instructor which most trainees hoped to be in his group. His uncle crossed his arms, tilting his head to the side, egging the other to continue with his thoughts. Namjin continued.

“There is someone who is signed to uncles’ sub-label. The thing is they only want to recruit BigHit trainees...but this guy...this guy who is not a trainee from BigHit.”

Taehyung nodded knowing the information before hand, but still found it interesting. “Hm, that means they saw something in him that is worth showing to the world. I wonder what he is like.” He beamed, as he started to remember Hoseok mentioning it prior. He has yet to see the person, but heard many great things about him.

Namjin gave a disapproving look. “I consider him to be a fluke. I will judge him based on the music that he makes. And Uncle Yoongi couldn’t stop talking about him as well! I don’t like that!”

Taehyung sighed. “You love your uncle a whole lot, huh? Uncle complex? You know that your uncle can’t...don’t you think that you are getting a bit too old for that now?” He said, shaking his head. “It was cute back then, Namjin...but you are going to be 16 already...is there any girl or guy that you find...I don’t know…er, hot to you?”

Namjin blushed, shaking his head furiously. “N-No one is good looking other than Uncle!!” He puffed his cheeks, “And y-you don’t know that,” Namjin crossed his arms, “we aren’t even that related anyway --”

“But still...Namjin, I’m just telling you. He loves you as his nephew...and that's it.” With that, Taehyung left the other’s room, closing the door gently behind him.

‘Why wasn’t I the favorite uncle?!’ Taehyung mentally weeped, as he started to do punches in the air. ‘Argh, Yoongi!!’ He let out an exhale and started to head back to the kitchen to make himself a cup of tea.

Meanwhile, Yoongi looked up from his work, narrowing his eyes and looking across the room. Hoseok glanced over at where Yoongi was looking at in their office, but noticed it was nothing in particular. About to ask what was wrong, Yoongi spoke.

“I feel...like I want to kick Taehyung in the .” He said, nodding his head, before heading back to his work.

“Um...okay.” Hoseok closed his notebook, “That was random, but okay.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“You need to sing with more heart, Namjin.”

The said person looked up from paper, seeing his other uncle, Park Jimin, crossing his arms together. It was currently a one-on-one session with the vocal coaches, and Jimin was in charge of overlooking Namjin’s vocals. “You are just singing…” Jimin placed the paper on the table, “if you ‘just sing’ that won’t get you anywhere. You have to captivate your audience...and I didn’t feel any of that.”

“Ugh…” Namjin leaned his head back in frustration. He was really having an off day. After thinking too much on the new artist of Su-HOPE, he couldn’t sleep. Namjin was split on how he was feeling. He was nonplussed at the idea of a non-BigHit trainee being signed even though Yoongi and Hoseok will only take in BigHit trainees. At the same time, he was irked at the idea that Yoongi was praising the artist for his skill and that the newbie would be spending more time with him as well. Namjin just didn’t like it.

“Are you listening, Namjin?”

“Er,” he shot his head up, “y-yeah.”

“Then what did I just say?”

“I’m not singing with more emotion...all that stuff.”

Jimin sighed. “Namjin, you know that I cannot be easy with you just because you are my nephew...I have to treat you the same way as I treat the other trainees here. If you are thinking you are going to cruise by, it’s not going to help or work.”

“But I am working hard --”

“I don’t see it, Namjin. If you want to fulfill your dream of being a singer, you have to work harder than that.” Jimin leaned against his desk. “We are done for today...I don’t think we can’t progress if your mind is somewhere else.”

Namjin bit his lips, but agreed. He stood up, grabbing his bag. “Sorry, Uncle…” He mumbled.

Jimin patted the other on the head. “It’s fine,” he looked at the clock, seeing that they have fifteen minutes left, “do you want to talk about it?”

“Nah...that's fine. It will pass.” Namjin let out a bright smile, “promise, I’ll practice harder.”

“Well, okay,” Jimin opened the door, “we will resume this tomorrow then.”

“Okay.” Namjin exited out the room, waving goodbye to Jimin. He started to head to the elevator, ready to head down to the lobby. As the doors opened, a bunch of trainees exited out, laughing together. One of them ended up bumping Namjin. “Oop, sorry princess --” The trainee widen her eyes, as she covered her lips with her hand.

“Yah, Chaewon, what the hell?!”

“Sorry, it slipped --”

The trainee, Chaewon, was grabbed by another trainee and they quickly scampered off to their practice. Namjin was caught by surprise at the nickname. ‘Princess huh?’ “What did I do to deserve to get that type of nickname.” He pursed his lips as he entered the elevator. As the doors started to close, he huffed.

“Peasants. Prince would have been better.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Instead of practicing like he promised his uncle Jimin, he head straight to Su-HOPE Records, just to hang out and relax. With nothing much, to his knowledge, is going on in the company, he thought it would be okay.

“Hm...no one is here.”

Namjin looked around in Yoongi and Hoseok’s office, seeing that it was completely absent. He checked his watch, seeing that was currently two in the afternoon. ‘Dance isn’t until six at night...right...wow, I almost forgot about that.’ He made his way over to the couch, and dropped his leather carryall bag on top. He was bored and with no Yoongi or Hoseok, he decided to venture in the building.

“I haven’t seen the dance rooms or the recording studios...I wonder what they look like,” he smiled at the thought. He would be the first to see what they look like before any of the signed artists in Su-HOPE. “I’m so special!!”

He started to go to the 2nd level of the building, starting with the recording studios. As the doors opened, he stepped out, being greeted by the white walls with a frame of the company’s name shown. He turned to the right, and started to walk down the hallway. There were two doors on either side of him. They currently said ‘vacant’, to which Namjin thought it was pretty obvious. He peered inside, seeing the inside of the pro recording studio. It was a small room with the required equipment needed and a small window which showed another room where the sound recording is done. ‘It may be small, but it does do its job.’

Namjin was about to turn around and walk, but stopped when he saw a figure move inside. He froze and looked inside again. He started to narrow his eyes. ‘Someone is in here…’ He hesitated, but placed his hand on the door handle. ‘Open…?’ Namjin slowly entered the recording studio, taking small steps. “Don’t tell me this place is haunted…” He looked around, seeing nothing. With a click of his tongue, he shook it off. He then turned around to look at the sound recording room, when a head of a figure popped up that scared Namjin to the point of him screaming.

He ran out of the studio as quickly as he could, slamming the button of the elevator. ‘Oh my god, oh my god, oh my holy duckies!!’ The doors opened and Namjin headed inside, repeatedly pressing the top level. Once the door closed, he backed himself up in the corner. “Holy ! Who was that?!”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“Oh, Namjin you are here?” Hoseok placed some of the food that he and Yoongi got when they went out to eat lunch. With no response coming from the younger, Hoseok raised his eyebrow at the other. “Namjin?”

He turned towards his uncles, still with a scared expression on his face. “Your record studios...are freakin’ haunted!”

“Um...what?”

“I went to the recording studios, just to check them out and there was someone there! It all said vacant, b-but really, someone was there!!”

Yoongi crossed his arms. “You went in our record studios? Namjin, you know that you can’t go into our recording studios or enter our dance rooms. You are not part of the company --”

“Okay, I understand, but --”

“Namjin, you are stepping your bounds. Yes, you can come over, but that is all that we can give you. You can’t go and snoop around.”

“B-But...I --”

“Those are our rules, Namjin.” Yoongi sighed, feeling great disappointment, “and Hoseok just got off the phone minutes ago with Jimin. He had a feeling you would come here after the one on one session. He said that you weren’t singing properly and was concerned. You should be practicing, just like the other trainees, Namjin. They are working hard and here you are, relaxing. This can’t keep happening. Your skills are not going to improve is you are like this. Just lounging around.” He placed his hands on his hips.

Hoseok kept his mouth shut, as he watched Yoongi lecture the younger. Sure Namjin wasn’t really blood related to any of the BTS members, but they all loved him as if he was. They even promised Namjoon and Seokjin that they would look after the younger while they are back home in America continuing their work as well as raising their two other children. On their behalf, they make sure to keep Namjin in place.

“Okay, I get that, but someone is in there!”

Hoseok headed over to Namjin, sitting down right beside him. “Okay, okay, calm down,” he placed his hand on the other’s back, “you probably...saw your reflection on the windows.”

“Wha --”

“I mean, when I was there yesterday to look over at our equipment, the window are extremely clean. It kinda looks like a mirror. “

“There is no way that person looked like me.”

“Why don’t you go back to Taehyung’s...and practice on your vocals. From Jimin, it sounds like you need to practice more.”

“B-but…” Namjin’s shoulders started to drop, none of his uncles are believing in him. Was it nothing. Nothing at all? “Fine…” He stood up from the couch, and grabbed his carryall bag.

Yoongi opened the door, escorting him out of their office. “I want you to keep working hard like your fellow trainees. Do you know how long they practice?”

“Not really,” Namjin mumbled, “I don’t interact with them.”

“Why not?” Hoseok asked, now standing up.

“I don’t have many friends in the company. They don’t really like me...since you know...I’m Kim Namjin...son of former idols. They are worried that I’ll be getting ahead of them.”

Yoongi crossed his arms, “They might as well not worry. With your progress, you will just be at the same level.”

Namjin lowered his head, feeling a bit ashamed. “I’ll work hard...I promise.”

“I don’t like promises. I prefer to see results.”

“Er...excuse me?”

The three looked over at door when hearing the timid voice. There, a tall and slender young man peeking inside the office a bit heedful of the atmosphere. He wasn’t someone that Namjin knew; afterall, he knew everyone in the building, considering he has been coming and going for a year now. The young man was gestured to come inside by Yoongi, as a warm smile was displayed on his face. It caught Namjin’s attention.

‘Eh?’ Namjin’s eyes looked up and down at the person in front of him, noting to himself how dull and ordinary the person was in front of him. A tall and thin young man, wearing just a red cap with the sun on it to hide his jet black messy hair, a pullover tee with red and black longer, striped sleeves underneath, a pair of straight zipper point jeans, and with dirty, red NIKE tops. To Namjin, he didn’t scream attractive. If anything he looked like a person that got lost and can’t find his way. Before he could say anything, the person spoke in a calm, husky voice.

“O-Oh, you are the guy that went inside the recording studio.”

Namjin blinked. “Uh…”

“S-Sorry that I scared you,” he stammered, “I was using it and I guess I forgot to change the vacant sign to occupied. I was gathering my things and when I stood up straight...er, that is when you freaked out.”

‘This guy’s personality is like a scared cat? But his voice says otherwise..what the heck? But wait!’ “So I wasn’t imagining it then!” Namjin pointed at him, “I told you! Someone was using hte recording studio!”

“Ah, so you saw Seon.” Hoseok said, nodding his head as he started to understand what Namjin has said.

“Ye -- huh? Who?”

Yoongi placed his hand on the younger man’s shoulder, “this is Daegun Seon...he is going to debut under our company.”

Namjin’s eyes widen. “Um, what?”

“Hi,” The said man, Daegun Seon, bowed and extended his hand forward, “As Boss said, I’m Daegun Seon.”

‘So...this guy is the one...the non-BigHit trainee!’ He started to scowl. He moved passed Seon and quickly headed out the door. Yoongi, shocked at the other’s actions turned towards Seon. He apologized on the younger’s behalf.

“I’m so sorry about our nephew’s attitude...he is...is having a bad day. Maybe next time you two can get reacquainted.”

“Ah,” Seon rubbed the back of his neck, “I see…”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

For the next couple of days, Namjin hasn’t gone to Su-HOPE Records, thinking that he might see the man that both his uncles praised. To him, he looked nothing like a person that was about to debut. He bit his nails in anger. With a deep breath, and a slow exhale, he leaned back in his seat. ‘Hm?’ He glanced down at the table, seeing that he got a message from his uncle Hoseok.

Namjin, how are you doing...you haven’t visited and we got worried. Pls txt me when you can.’

With a puff he ignored the message.

“That's not good to ignore your uncle Hoseok like that.”

Namjin looked up, seeing his uncle Taehyung, standing right behind him, looking down. With a beaming smile, he sat down across from the younger on the kitchen table. “Your uncle Hoseok will be sad to know that you ignored him.”

“Don’t care.”

Taehyung tightened his lips; he folded his hands on top of the table. “What’s wrong? You are getting all moody. Are you stressed because the monthly evaluation is in two days? Have you practiced your dance routine and your song?”

‘Er...well...somewhat…’ “Yes.”

With a skeptical look, Taehyung leaned back in his seat. “I don’t really believe that. Your uncles are a bit concerned --”

“Why do you guys always talk about me?! It’s like you guys would inform each other about my day or how badly I did in today’s session! God, you guys are more like chatty aunties, instead of being uncles.”

“Well, Namjin we do that because we made a promise to your parents that we will look after you...since you are still 15. We want you to work hard while you are here...not just idling by, while your fellow trainees are perfecting their skills. I’m hearing from Jimin and Jungkook that you are just average compared to the other trainees that have entered the same month as you. Namjin, they aren’t playing around. Sooner or later they will surpass you and debut.”

“I’m just taking my time.”

“Then you are wasting their time, our time,” he said, placing his hand on his own chest, “the CEO’s time, and especially your time. I’m just being real with you because this is real life, Namjin. I’m not trying to be cruel, but you have to remember this is a profession, not a hobby. Time is ticking.”

Namjin lowered his head, not wanting to look up from his uncle’s gaze. He understood that they were looking after him. Taehyung sighed. “I know there is something wrong, Namjin. What is it? If you aren’t going to tell your parents, or any of the others, I am your last hope. I may not be J-Hope,” he started to chuckle, “but I am here to listen, and you know that.”

With a puff, he crossed his arms. Namjin began to explain why he was acting up. Taehyung listened as his nephew let out his frustration about Daegun Seon, the deemed virtuoso in Hoseok’s eyes and especially Yoongi’s eyes. The praises were starting to get to him that he hated it. He hated that his favorite uncle was paying attention to this random person. The more Namjin continued, Taehyung couldn’t suppress it any further. He started to let out a laugh, causing Namjin to blush hard.

“Okay, see! That is why I don’t want to say anything! I knew you would find this stupid!”

“I-I’m sorry...I didn’t mean it like that...it’s just...you just sound very jealous. But Namjin, you have to remember...Yoongi and Hoseok are scouting talent. That is their job.”

“But they said --”

“Okay, I see where that could strike a problem. They said they would take in BigHit trainees only, but here is this guy, being immediately put on Su-HOPE’s rosters. They saw something in him that they made leeway for him. Just this once. You know, instead of being mad about this guy, why don’t you see what caught their eye in the first place. You said that he was exceptional...so what is exceptional about this Daegun Seon?”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

A groan escaped from Namjin’s lips as he looked up at Su-HOPE Records. After his talk with his uncle, he decided to follow his advice and see what was special about Daegun Seon. He hasn’t heard anything about him at all, as well as what kind of music Seon does. Was he a vocalist like he was? Or maybe a rapper? Or was he something else?

He made his way inside, greeting the lady at the front desk. He entered the elevator, heading up to their office. Namjin let out a deep sigh, holding his carryall bag. He started to feel a bit embarrassed as the elevator started heading up. ‘I was so...disrespectful...and I acted like a kid...ugh...so uncool!!’

The doors opened, and Namjin stepped out. He started to make his way over to Yoongi and Hoseok’s office. Instead of his normal entrance, he knocked. He waited until he heard ‘come in’ coming from the other side. ‘Uncle Hoseok…’ Namjin let out one last breath, and entered the office.

“Oh,” Hoseok let out a warm smile, “Namjin...this is a surprise, you didn’t barge in like you usually do.”

“Erm,” he looked around, seeing that Yoongi wasn’t here. Hoseok chuckled, “if you are looking for Yoongi, he is at the recording studio with Seon.”

“Oh...uh --”

“Why don’t you head down there? I’m guessing you are here to apologize for the other day?”

“Hm.” He nodded shyly.

“Go on...and I’m sure that Yoongi will be happy to see you. We were both worried about you after you stormed off like that.”

“I’m sorry about that…”

With a smile, Hoseok nodded his head. He told Namjin to go on and head down at the recording studio. Namjin did what he was told, and started to head down.

‘And here I am again…’ Namjin peered inside the recording studio that was occupied. There was Yoongi, eyes closed as he bobbed his head. Seon sat next to him, mimicking the same action. ‘Listening to music?’ Namjin thought, ‘looks like Uncle approves.’ He watched as Yoongi started to smirk as he gave a thumbs up towards Seon. The two started to talk to which Namjin couldn’t really make out. Regardless, Namjin let out a small exhale; he then knocked on the door. Yoongi looked over, eyes perked up. He smiled towards the younger, gesturing him to come inside. Namjin did just that, and slowly opened the door.

“S-Sorry to disturb your work…”

“Ah, we just finished,” Yoongi looked over at Seon, who turned around in his seat. As their eyes met, the two half bowed towards each other. Yoongi then turned his attention back to Namjin, “what brings you here...are you feeling a bit better?”

“About that,” he then bowed fully towards the two, “I want to apologize for my action the other day. It was uncalled for and...it rude of me to storm off like that.” He stood up straight, now looking down at the floor.

Yoongi eased up a bit, sighing in relief. “Well, I’m happy that you are taking responsibility for your actions, Namjin. I do have to say though, please be careful. Acting like that, in front of the CEO, your instructors, your seniors, and your fellow co-workers...really does say something about you. I advise you to be careful next time...just be glad that you know me and your uncle Hoseok. If this was some other person, they just might take you out of the training program. No one wants to have a difficult person on their team.”

“I understand.” Namjin gave a small nod.

Yoongi stood up, patting Namjin on the shoulder. “Good.” Once he rested his arm at his side, his phone went off. He took his phone out of his pocket, and with an ‘ah’, he excused himself from the room. “I’ll be back. I just need to take this.” Both Namjin and Seon nodded. Yoongi then left, closing the door behind him gently.

The silence was killing it.

Namjin turned towards Seon, who jumped a bit from the sudden attention. He looked up and down at the other. “So,” he started to say, “Daegun Seon...that is a weird name.”

Taken back, Seon bit the inside of his cheek before he spoke. “Yeah, well...my parents are interesting people.”

“No, no...er, I mean...your last name...is long,” he raised two fingers, “it has two syllables. It’s rare so, when I first heard it, I was surprised. You don’t get to hear it everyday.”

“Ah, yeah…”

“And it means ‘prince’ huh? Did the kids make fun of your last name because of that?”

“Hm...a few. Back in primary school.” Seon said with a shrug.

“Though your given name is also rare...isn’t it? It is a single-syllable name.”

“Yeah, it’s rare for it to be a given name. Usually you hear it as the first syllable or the second...like Seonok or Jinseon, but never as a single syllable.”

“Is that why you wear a cap with the sun on it? Since it sounds so much like the english word ‘sun’?” He asked, gesturing to his cap.

Seon grabbed his cap from his head, and glanced at the symbol. “I never really thought about it…but guess you can say that.”

Namjin hummed. ‘Weird kid…’ He tried to think of another topic to talk about. “So,” he started to say, “how old are you?" ‘As if I’m gonna start calling you with honor titles…’

“Ah, I turned eighteen just three days ago...April 25.”

“Oh, hm..I’m fifteen. Though, I’ll be sixteen this coming June 13.” He cleared his throat, “How did my uncles find you?”

“Oh, uh...youtube.”

“Er...what?”

Seon started to tell Namjin how he was discovered. Just four years ago, he started to make music, doing covers of various artists from around the world. It garnered a lot of views, shares, and likes from the netizens, which boosted his self-confidence. He then started to compose and write his own songs, which equally got the same positive response as his covers. He enjoyed singing, but his interest was more on rap. Seon started to perfect his skills in rapping by listening to various rappers. It wasn’t until he produced his own single, uploading it onto soundcloud first. The response was phenomenal. It got out like rapid fire, that it eventually reached Yoongi and Hoseok. The two praised Seon’s skills in music producing and being a lyricist. The only thing that they thought he could work on was his rapping, since that is what he enjoyed more on. Other than that, the two agreed that he was gifted in music.

“And the next thing I knew, I got an email from Boss Hoseok...and...yeah, that is how I am here today. Um, at first, I didn't quite believe that the most top music producers would want me to be in their label...but I trusted my gut on it. And I’m glad I did!” Seon chuckled, rubbing the back of his head.

“So, what were you two doing here? I-If you don’t mind me asking.”

“Oh, I created some tracks that I wanted Boss to listen.”

“It looks like my uncle approves.”

Seon beamed. “I was a bit worried that he wouldn’t like it, but I’m glad that he enjoyed all four of them.”

‘Four completed tracks? Wha…’ “Hm...so, how long...have you been here?”

“Hm, about five months. Yoongi has told me that my rapping has gotten a lot better since the last time he heard me. I’m glad that my hard work is paying off.”

‘Wha?! five months?!’

“What about you?”

“Erm...s-same five months.”

Seon nodded his head. “Ah, it must be hard...huh?”

“Uh --”

“I heard trainee life is extremely hard. With all the vocal and rap training...and also dance. The practices are brutal and such...i never been so tired in my life...but at the same time, I enjoy it so much. The equipment here really does expand my creativity in making tracks. Sure I had to learn more since the equipment that I don't compare to what Su-HOPE has --”

“Wait a minute,” Namjin interjected, “you said 5 months...but I’ve been coming here for a long time to visit my uncles...how come I haven’t seen you?” He asked, placing his hands on his hips.

“B-But we have.”

“Wha?! Since when?!”

“All the time,” Seon lowered his shoulders, feeling a bit disappointed that he didn’t remember, “I usually would pass you in the front of the building, when you would go in...and while I go out of the building...but I guess you don’t really notice. Though, you would look really happy going in. I thought Yoongi and Hoseok found another person to put in their roster for their company, but I came to find out that you were their nephew.” Seon nodded his head in apology.

Namjin widen his eyes, feeling guilty that he didn’t recognize him. Now that he thought about it, he did remember seeing a guy wearing a red cap with a sun on it, going in and out of the building. He placed his hand on his forehead. ‘Wow, I feel...self-centered…’

The door opened, and Yoongi came back, placing his cellphone in his pocket. “Sorry about that guys, it was business.” He glanced over at Namjin. “Have you two reacquainted with each other?”

“We talked…” Namjin said softly.

“Ah, well, I would have to say you two can talk another time,” he then opened the door for the other, “I need for you to leave. We have some work to do.”

“O-Oh...um, okay then.”

Yoongi patted the other on the shoulder, “thank you for coming. You can come back tomorrow so you two can talk more.”

‘Doubt it.’ Namjin thought.

“Oh,” Yoongi remembered that Namjin had his monthly evaluations in two days, that he started to lecture Namjin on the spot about practicing, “make sure you drink some tea or whatever you do to ease your throat...make sure you don’t over do the dance routine. The more you practice, it may come off as robotic. You don’t want that to happen.”

“I get it, I get it.” Namjin started to head out, “I’ll slightly practice when I get home.”

Before Yoongi could say anything, Namjin started to run out, heading towards the elevators. Seon chuckled as Yoongi started to yell more tips towards the younger from the door.

“Okay!” Seon heard Namjin say from the hallway.

“Yah…,” Yoongi shook his head, “I have to tell Taehyung about this...that boy gets distracted sometimes and doesn’t practice.” He closed the door behind him. “Was he nice? He tends to be...big headed. Rather blunt…”

“Ah,” Seon thought a bit on his words. He let out a small smile, “he is okay.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

It was the day of the monthly evaluations, and Namjin felt that he was more than ready to get it over with. Though, he didn’t practice as much as he hoped for. With his mind preoccupied with Seon, he was just amazed that he was working in the company for 5 months, just like he was, and was able to create four completed tracks that was approved by Yoongi. Knowing his uncle, he is very particular of how music is produced. A perfectionist, he always makes sure that the beat of the sound is flawless, weather it is his own or BigHit’s tracks for its idols. The only thing Namjin hasn’t heard yet was his vocals or has seen him dance.

“Kim Namjin, are you ready for your evaluation?”

He looked up from the floor, seeing Jungkook gesturing for him to come up the front, “your dance portition.”

“Ah, right…” Namjin stood up, and started to head up to the front. He looked at the mirror, seeing the other trainees and the CEO. They all locked eyes on him, waiting to see what he has prepared. He started to feel his heart thump. He was starting to get nervous.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Namjin lowered his head as he started to get lectured by Yoongi. After a week, the results were posted in BigHit’s board. It was a bit mortifying for some if their name was low on the ranking. Not only the other trainees get to see where you rank, but active idols also get to see how the trainees are doing. It was like seeing your exam results and everyone else gets to see where you stand.

As for Namjin, he was ranked the lowest in his group of 12. It shocked the trainee. In his past monthly evaluations, he was mostly in the top half, but now he suddenly was at the bottom. He was good with his vocals, and good with dancing. What could have gone wrong?

“You know what happened, Namjin?” Yoongi crossed his arms, “you were being like this.” He motioned his hand in a straight line, being in a steady as he does so. “Not moving.”

“Well, I am trying,” Namjin said, “I just had nerves...that it ruined my monthly evaluations. Next time --”

“No-no,” Yoongi interjected, “I’m going to be frank with you, Namjin, because this is the real world and apparently it isn’t getting to you. You are not improving at all. We compared your previous monthly evaluations with this current one, and when the rest of the trainees in your group performed, I was surprised. They improved, while your performance was still the same. You are going to fall behind, Namjin.”

The younger tightened his grip, causing his hands to become like fists. Hoseok intervened. “Okay, look,” he sat down right next to Namjin, trying his best to calm him down, “what your uncle is trying to say is...being consistent can only get you so far. It’s a safe zone. And being in his industry...especially during the training period, being in the safe zone may hurt you. And you know this, Namjin, your uncles and I have been telling you this for the months that you have been here. Your vocals are good, why don’t you make it better? Singing songs that are completely different from your range...your dance is adequate, so why don’t practice more to make it better than your last.”

“I said I am trying! I just had a small mishap, and you are getting all mad because my ranking just ended up being dead last. It is a small mistake, it won’t happen.”

“That works if you are in school,” Yoongi said, “being a trainee...you have to be better than the person next to you. You have to be on top of your game.”

Namjin was starting to have enough. He ran out of his uncles’ office, ignoring the calls from Hoseok. As he left, Hoseok threw his hands up in the air, turning his direction towards Yoongi. “Great,” he said, “you made him even more angry.”

“I was telling the truth...and stop babying him.”

“I’m not ‘babying’ him. I am being reasonable with him. You are completely shutting him down. We don’t know what is going on with him, so maybe he did have some sort of set back. You have to remember that he is just our nephew and you’re acting like an angry father.”

“And you have to remember the promise that we gave to Namjoon and Seokjin that we will do everything we can to push Namjin to max out his potential, and that they gave us permission to critique his progress since we know more about training than these kids do. If it is not them, then it can only us. We are doing our job...and even so, he should learn to put private matters to the side and focus on on work. You know what happens, Hoseok...we were in his shoes. It’s not easy. We practiced long hours to make sure that we were better than the others. We wake up at four in the morning just to get that extra dance routine in.” He pointed at their door, “I’m starting to think that he believes that his parents and uncles were former idols in this company, BigHit will be trouble-free for him. It will be an easy cruise to get into a debut team...this should be a wake up call for him if he still wants to continue being an idol. I’m not going to just stand here and be lying to his face about his training period. He is not going to be an idol if he continues to be like this.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Namjin started to run down the streets of the city. His eyes watered, feeling a great disappointment weight upon him. ‘It was just…’ he started to slow down, catching his breath, ‘they are making it sound as if I don’t have a chance. I’m working hard…’ “I’m working the best I can.” He mumbled to himself, wiping his face with the back of his hand.

“Namjin?”

The familiar voice caught his attention. He looked up, seeing Seon walking towards him with a worried expression.

‘Great…’ Namjin continued to wipe his eyes with his hands from his tears. ‘Not the person I want to see right now…’

“H-Hey what happened?” Seon pulled his ear buds from his ears, and tucking them in his jacket pocket, “a-are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Wah, but you don’t look okay just...j-just what happened?”

“I said I’m fine!” Namjin raised his voice, causing people to turn their heads at the two. “I-I mean…” He lowered his head, feeling more frustrated that he started to cover his eyes with his hands.

Seon looked around, seeing people were continuing to give them weird looks as they passed by. He took Namjin by the shoulder, and starting to lead him away from the public. They entered a small coffee house, quickly seating Namjin down away from the window. “Wait here,” Seon placed his backpack on the ground, right besides Namjin’s feet, “I’ll get you something. Whatcha want?”

With no response, Seon let out a small sigh. He turned to head towards the front to order a drink. Namjin rested his elbows on the table, letting his head rest against the palms of his hands. ‘How...embarrassing…’ He lowered his head even more, resting it on the table. Trying to regain his composure, he heard something be placed on the table. With a turn of his head, he saw a small mug placed in front of him along with a small stuffed bear with a red ribbon.

Namjin sat up straight, narrowing his eyes at the two items in front of him. Seon took a sip of his mug. “Hm,” he pointed at the mug, “it’s hot chocolate.”

‘Hot chocolate --’ “A kiddy drink?”

“Wha? No way, people love hot chocolate,” Seon said, “It is a warming drink. Well, it makes me feel better whenever I have a bad day.” He stated, feeling a bit proud of his answer.

Namjin slowly pushed the drink away, not wanting to take it. He didn’t need it. With a sigh, Seon took the bear that he bought when getting the drinks, gently pushing it forward, trying his best to ease the other, but again it was something that Namjin ignored. All Seon wanted was for the other to feel better. “Are you going to tell me what happened?”

“And why the hell should I tell you, hm?” He said, feeling irritated.

“It is better to let it out you know. Nothing is good by keeping it all in. And I’m all ears.” Seon let out a warming smile to convince Namjin to speak, but to his disappointment it didn’t work. The other huffed and turned his head. Seon lowered his shoulders, and silently started to drink his mug.

With minutes passing the two were in silent. Neither looking at each other as they continued to sit. Seon felt his phone vibrate; he took out his phone from his pant’s pocket and stealthily see who it was that was texting him. It was Yoongi.

‘Where are you? We have some things to discuss about your debut.’

‘!’ He bit his lips, remembering that he was supposed to talk with Yoongi and Hoseok about his debut as a soloist. Still, when he first heard about the news, he was beyond ecstatic. Though there were still a few things that Seon needed to prepare before actually debuting. He quickly started texting back that he was on his way, but stopped. He looked up slightly, seeing Namjin in front of him, still looking dejected.

Seon lowered his head, and started to text Yoongi back. He then stood up grabbing both of their mugs, causing Namjin to look at the corner of his eye. He fully turned his head, seeing that Seon was heading back to the front, talking with one of the baristas.

“May I have a refill of coffee please, I had black coffee, no cream or sugar --”

‘Black coffee?’ Namjin widen his eyes, ‘that’s gross.’

“ -- and...I’m sorry, but my friend didn’t drink his hot chocolate. I was wondering if I can get a fresh cup? I’ll gladly pay for it --”

“Oh, no need,” the barista said. She looked over at Namjin’s direction, which he quickly lowered his head, “he looks like he is having a bad day. It will be on the house, the both of them.”

“He is. Um, thank you so much.” He smiled.

The barista returned smiled, nodding her head. “I’ll bring these over when they are ready.” Seon thanked her again, and started to head back to his seat. As he sat down, Namjin looked up, a bit confused.

“Why are you getting me another when I clearly didn’t want the first one?”

“Ah, finally you spoke!”

“That is not the response I was looking for --”

“I just want you to feel at ease, but I don’t know how to do that because you aren’t telling me anything. The only thing I can think of is what my older brother did for me. And that was giving me hot chocolate whenever I felt down. It helped me alot.”

“Here are both your drinks,” the barista said, personally delivering the two drinks. Namjin furrowed his brow when seeing his hot chocolate now had whipped cream and a few sprinkles on top, “enjoy.” With that, she turned her heel to return back to work.

Seon took a sip of his black coffee, while Namjin stared at his own ‘kiddy’ drink. With a soft exhale, he looked up. “The reason why I was having a bad day is because I got lectured by my uncle. He wasn’t too happy with my monthly evaluation results,” he let out a sigh, “which is why I am not in al the happiest of moods.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Yoongi adjusted his glasses, sighing a bit. Hosoek looked over his shoulder, “What?”

“Seon has an emergency that he needs to take care of.”

Hoseok started to think. “Emergency? Is he okay? Is it his family?”

“I don’t know. He just said emergency that he won’t make it in the meeting today.” He hummed, trying to think what the emergency was. If it was serious, of course, they would have to make sure that Seon is okay considering he is by himself in Seoul, while most of his relatives reside in Jeonju, a two hour train ride from Seoul. “I just hope that he is okay.” He mumbled. “And Namjin too…”

The two looked over at the couch, seeing the things that Namjin left behind. His bag which contained his wallet and cellphone. The uncles were worried, but hoped that their nephew and Seon were alright.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“Thank you for bringing me home,” Namjin scratched the back of his neck, “again, it wasn’t necessary.”

“I just wanted to make sure that you will be fine when you get here.” Seon said, “Oh, and here. This is for you.” He handed the bear towards the other. Namjin raised his eyebrow, taking the bear slowly.

“Uh…”

“I got it from the coffee house remember? Er, I thought that it might make you feel better.”

“How?”

“Usually hugs make people feel better, but I guess since we don’t really know each other that well, I thought that a bear might be far more suitable.”

Namjin glanced at the small bear. “Thanks...I guess.” He turned towards the door, reaching his pocket. He widened his eyes, feeling his pants pocket. He started to realize that he left his belongings back in Su-HOPE. He groaned, wanting to punch himself in the face.

“W-Whats wrong?”

“I left my keys in my bag...which I left back in Su-HOPE.”

“Oh! Uh, should we head back then? Or are you rooming with someone? Maybe they can open the door for you.”

“My uncle. I’m rooming with him, but he is an instructor at BigHit, and it is,” he looked at his watch, “only...wha? 6pm? We hanged out for that long?”

“I guess so,” Seon checked his watch, “wow, 5 hours long...and we just talked. I’m surprised that they haven’t kicked us out.” He let out a chuckle.

‘Yeah…’ Namjin thought, ‘in fact, I don’t think I had a long conversation like that in a long time with...anyone besides uncles…’

“Here,” he handed the younger his cell, “you can call them and let them know that you are here. They are worried about you I’m sure.”

“Thanks.” he grabbed the cellphone and started to dial his uncle’s phone number. A few rings, until it picked up.

“Seon? Are you okay?”

It was his uncle Yoongi.

“Erm, uncle it’s me…”

“Namjin?!” He heard abrupt sound of things being dropped and the chair being scrapped back on the floor, “Oh thank god, where are you?! You were with Seon the whole time?”

“Y-Yeah…”

Yoongi tried to keep his cool, but happy to know that the younger was with someone that they both knew. His eyes slightly widened. ‘Emergency...he was talking about Namjin then?’ “Where are you two?”

“In front of uncle’s apartment.”

“But Taehyung isn’t done until eleven tonight. Come back to Su-HOPE so you can gather your things...god, Namjin, me and your uncle were so worried about you! Even Jimin and Jungkook since you missed your practice. We were starting to worry.”

“I’m sorry…”

“Just...just be safe, the both of you when you are coming here.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

The two arrived at Su-HOPE, safely as Yoongi instructed them to do. They entered the elevator, now heading up to Yoongi and Hoseok’s office. Namjin held onto the bear tightly. ‘Am I gonna get scolded? I worried them a lot,’ he groaned, ‘man, I can feel the lecture hitting me right now…’ The doors opened, and the two didn’t have to meet up with the two. There, greeting them both were Yoongi and Hoseok.

‘Here it comes!’

Hoseok stepped forward, hugging Namjin tightly as he could. “Thank god you are safe.” Namjin widen his eyes, returning the hug.

“I’m sorry for being...being so childish.”

Yoongi turned to Seon’s direction. He let out a weak smile, nodding his head in thanks for keep Namjin company. “Emergency huh?” He said, gesturing his direction towards Namjin. Seon didn’t hesitate; he nodded his head.

“It was an emergency. And I couldn’t leave him being all upset like that.” He bowed in apology for not clarifying what he meant. This caught Namjin’s attention. “I know that it may not be an exact emergency, but like I said, I couldn’t leave him like that. I know that he needed someone to talk to. To vent out his problems. I’m sorry that I couldn’t make it to the meeting.”

‘Meeting?’ Namjin looked over at his uncle.

“It’s fine,” Yoongi patted the other on the back, “we will all discuss about it some other time.”

Seon let out a relieved exhale. He smiled, thanking the other.

“What meeting?”

The two looked over, and Yoongi shook his head. “Sorry, bud...confidential.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Namjin sat on his bed, looking at the bear that was given to him. “What meeting...are they talking about. And he missed it too...because he was with me.” He started to feel bad. If the meeting was important, Seon should have just went on and headed to the meeting. “But he didn’t.”

A knock was made, and Namjin’s door opened. Taehyung peeked his head inside, before opening it fully. “How you feelin’? You scared all of us, Namjin...please don’t do that again. Because god knows, your mom is gonna fly here and kill us all.”

“I’m sorry, uncle. It’s just that I was so upset and...uncle was making me feel worse.” He lowered his head. Taehyung sat at the edge of the bed.

“We lecture you not because we are mad at you, it is because we want you to know...to know the reality of being in a profession like this. It is not a walk in the park, Namjin...it is hard. You are keeping a good pace, we understand that. But being consistent and showing no progress...it is definitely going to pull you back. That low ranking I think is a good sign for you. To let you know that if there is no improvement,” Taehyung sighed, letting out a shrug, “There is a low chance that you might debut. Your uncles and I can’t be there to defend you...I’m sure you know that. We have to treat all trainees the same and be honest with our opinions. And what your uncle Yoongi said, because he told me, is very dead on.”

“So...you think I won’t have a chance to debut?”

“I don’t know, Namjin...if you are like this, then you are wasting our time with you being here. It’s up to you now.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

With it being already the month of June, Namjin started to change his ways. He kept those advice that his uncles gave him and let it drive him to become a better trainee. He would practice as much as he can with his vocals, and dance much later than his group. Namjin checked his cellphone, seeing that it was already two in the morning. He collapses on the floor, letting the wooden floors cool his burning body. ‘Now I know why the others looked so drained the next day…’ He rubbed his eyes with his left hand.

The door opened, and Namjin’s head jerked up. Despite seeing the person upside down, he saw that it was Jimin. He rolled over, waving ‘hello’ to his uncle. “It’s two in the morning, Namjin...you still practicing? The building will close in half-hour.”

“I’m surprised the building is still opened at that time.”

“Well, if you practiced longer than you would have known,” Jimin chuckled, adjusting his bag over his shoulder, “you about done? I’ll bring you to Taehyung’s.”

“That would be great,” Namjin started to stand up, dusting his shirt from the dust, “thank you.”

Jimin started to feel proud that the younger was starting to be a bit more serious with his training. ‘That ranking probably really hit him hard.’ “Oh,” Jimin started to open his bag, “this is for you.” Namjin glanced over, seeing a small present in the other’s hands. Jimin smiled. “Happy birthday, Namjin.”

Namjin let out the biggest smile. He went over to Jimin, hugging his uncle tightly. “Thank you!” He took the gift from his hands. “You remembered?”

With a roll of his eyes, Jimin gently flicked the other on the head. “Of course I remembered. June 13th is an important day for all of us. Ah, well, it was supposed to be a surprise, but we are holding a surprise birthday party for you back in Taehyung’s place.” He let out a chuckle, “though it is passed midnight, but who cares, you know? We will still celebrate. We didn’t think you would practice this late...we thought that you would hangout with friends.”

Namjin gave a weak smile. He shook his head. “Ah, well...I would like to keep focus on my training. Besides, I don’t really have a lot of friends here.” He shrugged. “It’s okay though.” He smiled brightly at his uncle. Jimin expression turned into worry.

‘No friends, huh?’

It worried the older. People need to have at least someone to talk to or hang out with. He let out a blink, remembering something important. He opened his bag again. “I have a message for you. From this person named, uh, Daegun Seon.” Jimin squinted his eyes looking at the name. “He came and asked the desk lady if they saw you come in. Lucky for him, I was heading out to get lunch,” he tilted his head to the side, “So...who’s this? Thought you didn’t have any friends.”

Namjin perked up, looking over his shoulder. He quickly grabbed his things and walked over to Jimin once again, taking the note off from the other’s hands. He looked over it, and it was a small note, asking if the other was okay with his training since he hasn’t visited for the last couple of days and that he wished the other a happy birthday.

‘Oh yeah! Here is my number by way! Lets hangout again!!’

‘Hang out? Why the heck would -- wait, how did he know about that? How did he know that it was my birthday?’

“So, who is that?” Jimin looked over, seeing the note.

“No one!” Namjin huffed, stuffing the paper in his pocket.

“Thought you said you didn’t have any friends?”

“Er...well, he is more of an acquaintance.”

“So, friend.” Jimin raised his eyebrow, “or...boy...friend --”

“No way!” Namjin blushed started to head out of the dance room, with Jimin on his tail. With a laugh, his uncle repeated the question, which echoed in the hallway. “Shut up!! We barely know each other!”

Jimin started to laugh, until he saw a stuffed animal fall from his bag. “Oi, you dropped his.” Jimin bent down and picked up the stuffed animal, “Wha? A bear?” Namjin looked over his shoulder. He gasped, quickly heading over and grabbing the bear from his uncle’s hand. “Whoa!”

“This is...mine.”

“Yeah, I noticed when you gasped like that and took it from my hand. Why do you have that?”

“It was given to me...and I keep it with me always…”

Jimin raised his eyebrow. “Who gave that to you?”

Namjin blushed. “No one that you know!” With that, Namjin quickly jogged towards the elevators.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Namjin collapse on his bed, feeling extremely exhausted from the small get-together that he had with his uncles. It was now already four in the morning, and he had to get up again at eight. ‘Four hours…’ He let out a weak chuckle, “tired…”

Even if tired, he was happy to happy to celebrate his birthday with his uncles. With both his parents working overseas, the closest things in having family around was his uncles. With a sigh, he turned to his side now facing his wall.

‘Oh yeah! Here is my number by way! Lets hangout again!!’

Namjin then blushed, burying his face against his pillow. ‘Like heck I would hangout with him!! And that wasn’t a hangout at all! It was me being in distress!’ He got up from his bed, and headed towards his desk where he placed the note from Seon. Just as he was about to toss it in the garbage, he hesitated.

There is no reason for him to keep it anyway.

He gripped on the note.

“Nn.” Namjin groaned, and slammed the note back on the desk. “Stupid.” He then grabbed his phone.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Seon looked over at the door, letting out a bright smile, causing Namjin wanting to look away. He opened the door to the recording studio. “The way you smile is way too freakin’ bright.”

“Eh? What does that mean?”

With the close of the door, Namjin placed his bag on the couch on the side. It was Namjin’s break period, and didn’t have vocal lessons until five in the afternoon. It gave him at least four hours until he needed to head back. “It means what it means.” He said with a huff. Regardless, Seon smiled.

“I’m glad that you texted me. I was starting to wonder if you threw it away or not.”

“Yeah...well, I was thinking about it. But then I decided that I could grace you with my presence. Consider this as a great gift...being friends with me.”

 A small chuckle escaped from Seon’s lips. “I’m so honored. Thank you. My first friend.”

“First?”

“Well, yeah?” Seon scratched his head, “no trainees are here. I think from what I remember --”

“Yeah...that's right. My uncles said that they will take trainees that have good evaluations to come over to Su-HOPE.”

“Yeah, so me being first, I don’t really have anyone to hangout with. Plus, I’m not from Seoul. Most of my relatives live in Busan while my family lives in Jeonju. Though, when I saw you coming in and out of Su-HOPE, I thought you were the first one from BigHit to come over. Hm, well, turns out that you are the nephew.” He chuckled. “So, I’m happy that we are friends.”

‘Oh…’

Seon proceeded to his engineering, pressing play to hear playbacks. Namjin watched as Seon would bob his head to the beat of the music, smile and frown at certain parts. He would hear the click of his tongue, and frustrated sighs.

Namjin tapped Seon on the shoulder, causing him to pull down his headphones. “What are you doing?”

“Hm?” He turned his attention to Namjin. “Oh, working on some tracks.” He smiled once again. “Though, I don't really like the tune. I’m thinking of redoing this.”

“Can I hear?”

“Sure. Boss isn’t here anyway,” Seon handed the headphones over, “these are supposed to be a secret anyway.”

“Why?”

“Hm...secret!” He said jokingly, causing Namjin to roll his eyes. He placed the headphones on. Seon pressed play and soon the music started to begin. Namjin widen his eyes at the tune of the track. Despite not having any words, strums of the guitar, the keys on the piano were mixed so well, leaving the other wanting to weep. It was too beautiful for Namjin to describe. Those three minutes left a great impression on the other. He didn’t even know how to feel.

But he now knows what Yoongi and Hoseok meant by gifted.

“Lame, huh?” Seon placed his elbow on the table, leaning against the palm on his hand. “I’m thinking of redoing it.” He turned around in his seat, grabbing his guitar. “I had a different tune in mind anyway.” Namjin took off the headphones, placing it on the table. Seon let out an exhausted sigh, and started to strum on his guitar, humming.

The next step is what Namjin left speechless. Seon’s voice was soothing, which to Namjin’s surprise. He didn’t think it was that his voice would turn like that. If singing was his first, and rapping was his current position, it meant that his rap skill must be astounding.

Namjin felt his heart beat and his eyes twinkled.

The best part of music is that it has the ability to make you feel something. It can comfort you at your darkest times. Bring happy memories and even sad moments. Seon’s impromptu song caused Namjin started to widen his eyes.

As Seon finished his last strum, he looked up, giving the warmest smile towards the other.

 Namjin then felt his face heating up. He widen his eyes.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“This can’t be happening!!” Namjin screamed against his pillow, releasing his stress out. He brushed his hair back, patting his cheeks and still feeling his cheeks heat up. “N-No, no, no!”

“Yah,” Taehyung knocked on Namjin’s door, “Namjin, are you okay? Why are you screaming?” He was about to enter, but the door was blocked by Namjin’s body. “Eh? Namjin, what is happening in there?”

“N-Nothing!”

Confused, Taehyung furrowed his brow, before standing back from the younger’s door. “You aren’t...you know...having fun in there are --”

The door opened abruptly, causing Taehyung to jump back. “God no!!” Namjin huffed.

“Then what is wrong?!”

“I...think…,” he placed his hand over his heart, feeling it beat. Not because of what his uncle said was embarrassing, but it was still beating for that Daegun Seon. “U-Uh, it’s nothing!” With that, he slammed the door in front of his uncle. Confused still, he decided to let it go and wait until Namjin was ready to let him know.

‘Teens these days…’

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Namjin kept his mind focused on his next monthly evaluations, wanting to bump up his ranking. He practiced hard, making sure that his steps were perfect, and even keeping his vocals soothed as possible. He even avoided Seon, but not returning his text messages or even head to Su-HOPE. Just after that he came to the conclusion that he might have a crush on the other, but how could that be.

He laid on the floor of the dance room, wiping the sweat off his forehead. Something about his music captivated the other’s heart. Namjin brought his knees up, letting his chin rest on them. ‘Ugh...this is like...love at first sight . But instead of love at first sight...it’s love at first music...o-or something like that.’ He blushed, as his mind started to wander off. Namjin started to wonder how Seon was doing with his preparations. Of course, Yoongi and Hoseok would appreciate the other’s music. Who wouldn’t?

“Oh, Namjin you’re still here?” He turned, seeing Jungkook placing his hands on his hips, “still practicing I see. Good boy.”

“Just trying to be a good trainee.”

“Hm, Yoongi called me since you haven’t been replying to your uncles text messages. They are wondering if you are alright.”

“Yeah, yeah, I am. Man, you are now turning more like moms now...expecting me to text you guys everyday.”

“We just wondering where you are is all.” Jungkook yawned a bit. “The building is going to close in half an hour.”

“I know.”

“Who is going to take you home?”

“I brought my bike.”

“Namjin, it’s two in the morning, you think I’m going to let you ride back to Taehyung’s? No way...because if something happens --”

“Mom is gonna kill you all, I know.” He rolled his eyes. Jungkook chuckled.

“Your mom loves you a lot, and so does dad.” Jungkook placed his backpack on the chair beside him. “I’ll wait for you, so go on and keep practicing.” He took out his ipad, and placed the ear buds in. Jungkook smiled, and he now glanced down at his ipad.

“Thanks.” Namjin mumbled. He smiled as he stood up to resume back to his practice.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Namjin was feeling as if he was on top of his game. His past evaluation ranking were going up and down, but now right in the middle. He kept his attention still on his training, which meant that he didn’t have time to head over to Su-HOPE. However, to keep Seon at bay with the texting, Namjin texted him from time to time as well as facetime each other, even if Namjin was too nervous to facetime.

Eventually, Seon spilled the secret to Namjin about his debut that in a couple of weeks. Namjin didn’t quite believe him, until he saw the official website of Su-HOPE giving an official statement that their first recording artist would debut very soon. Even though, Namjin was shocked, at the same time he wasn’t. He has heard his tracks and even live singing. He was positive that Seon was ready.

“Yeah, yeah.” Namjin mumbled as he started to slump more in his bed, bring the pillow up towards his mouth. He started to blush. “Have you done your teaser photos yet?”

“The what?”

Namjin rolled his eyes. ‘Can’t believe this boy doesn’t even know what teaser photos are...come on!’  “Teaser photos, you know...you ‘tease’ the netizens about your upcoming EP.”

“Oh, I haven’t done that yet.”

“Ah, are my uncles telling you to change your hair color? Usually that comes with the package.”

“Oh, yeah. Actually, I got my hair color dyed today!” He pointed at his beanie hat that covered his head completely. “Which is why I have this on.”

Namjin started to become intrigued. “Can I see?”

“Oh, sure. Hold on.” Seon placed his phone, propped up against the stacks of his notebooks that were on his desk. As he finished adjusting his phone, he took off his beanie. His hair fell messily; he brushed his hair back with his fingers, fixing it to the best he can. “How does it look?” He let out a soft chuckle. “They even cut it and they shaved underneath.” He showed the shaved parts underneath.

Namjin was surprised that the other’s hair color and new cut. He sat up straight, still looking at his phone. It was a reddish-brown color, but once Seon moved towards the light, it was bright red. ‘He looks...handsome.’ “Great...it fits you.”

“Yeah?” Seon leaned over on his desk, grabbing a small mirror to check it out. He turned his head from side to side. “Hm, I was worried. The color name is raspberry jam and I was thinking that they were going to have it so bright. I’m digging the color now,” he smiled, “now that you said it looks good.”

Namjin puffed his cheeks, bring the pillow up to his mouth to hide his blush. “And if I said ‘no that it ’?”

Seon frowned. “Then I would have frowned and be all sad.” he couldn’t suppress his laughter. “Honestly, I would have asked to dye it black then.”

“You would dye it black? If I hated it?”

“You look like a trendy guy...I would have asked your opinion.”

‘Tendy?’ “You were a bit dull when we first met. I mean your clothes had no sense of style at all.” He said bluntly.

Seon laughed. “Ah, see!” He pushed his hair back once more, letting it fall into place. “I would trust you to style me.” He chuckled softly, before smiling.

“You smile a lot.” Namjin said. ‘Nothing wrong with it...but it is just so warm when he smiles like that…’ “It’s so brightening...like the sun.”

“Yeah? Hm, I tend to smile and laugh when I am nervous.”

Namjin raised his eyebrow. “Nervous? For what?”

“Ah, hm...maybe next time.”

“What? That doesn’t make any sense.”

“Hm...well…”

The atmosphere of the conversation started to become awkward. Seon cleared his throat, putting his beanie back on. “Ah, I have to go. You have practice in the morning right? I’ll let you go, so you can get your rest.”

“Er, o-oh okay --”

“Night-night!” Seon waved goodbye before hanging up. Namjin blinked, seeing that the call ended. He placed his cellphone down on his lap.

‘What was that about…’

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“So what do you think?” Yoongi asked, taking off his glasses, “the photos look good huh?”

“This is seriously me?!” Seon said, shocked at he looked at his teaser photo for his upcoming debut. They look nothing like him, and yet he still doesn’t know how he was able to pose like he did in the photos. The days were counting, and the more the days passed, the more Seon started to feel his nerves come up.

“It’s starting to come together,” Yoongi cleared his throat, “I’m proud of your hard work, Seon. A short ‘training’ period, and I didn’t expect you to improve so much within those months. Your vocals and raps have improved tenfold, and your dancing has improved along the way.”

“I have to thank Boss Hoseok for that,” Seon chuckled, “me...no dancing skills whatsoever...way too shy to dance at all. He was able to bring it out of me.”

“He is a good teacher.” Yoongi nodded his head, looking through the photos of Seon, “you look really good in this photo. What do you think?” He turned the photos for the other to see.

“I like this one. I think this one should be the cover?” Seon pointed the photo of himself dressed in a white collared shirt with a leatherette zip up hoodie and a pair of wax-coated skinnies accompanied with white, high-top zipped sneakers. He was sitting with his leg crossed over the other, on a golden colored throne with seven, bright white rays behind him. He was looking at the photographer with an a smirking expression as his head was tilted a bit back. He looked like a king on a throne. “I just look cool like this.” Seon gushed, which made Yoongi laughed.

“Wow, the Seon in front of me, and the Seon here,” he pointed at the photo, “are so different. Ah, that reminds me...are you thinking of using stage name?”

“Hm?” ‘Stage Name…?’

“Like mine...when I was in BTS, my name was Suga...or Agust D when I did solo work. And Hoseok was J-Hope. Then again, you don’t need to have a stage name. Some just go with their real names, like our Jimin and Jungkook.”

“Oh, I see. Um…” Seon gave it thought. He started to purse his lips. ‘What name should I go for then? I want it to sound cool.’ “Nn…” He started to frown.

“Ah, you don’t have to decide right now.” Yoongi said, seeing the other was struggling greatly.

“I’m actually thinking of one.”

‘Is that why you wear a cap with the sun on it? Since it sounds so much like the english word ‘sun’?’

Seon blinked.

‘Your smile...it’s so brightening...like the sun.’

He grabbed his red cap with a sun on it from his head. It was his favorite cap, considering it was his older brother’s. Seon started to smile a bit, which caught Yoongi’s attention. “Hm, I think...I would want my stage name to be Sun.”

“So, just your name?”

“Hm,” he shook his head, “the English way of spelling it. S...U-N.”

“Ah, interesting. If that is what you want then, we will go for it. Hm, what made you want to use the word ‘Sun’?”

“Oh, Namjin said it first,” he pointed at his cap, “when I told him my name, he was wondering if that was the reason why I wore this. Because you know...Seon and sun sound the same. That and he said that the way that I smile is bright like the sun.” He said, now laughing at the memory.

‘Is that right,’ Yoongi thought as he rubbed his chin, “interesting.”

“Hm?”

“Oh nothing,” Yoongi smiled warmly, “actually this might be good.”

Seon, now confused, just nodded his head as if he understood what his Boss just said. He continued to look at the photos, sorting them out. Yoongi watched, feeling a bit relieved at the news. ‘This actually just might be good.’ He cleared his throat a bit. “So, Seon. Have you thought of a title of your EP?”

“Well, since I’m thinking of using Sun...how about the title be ‘Rising Sun’?”

“Rising Sun?”

“Is it too cheesy?” Seon started to blush, “I-I don’t know, what do you think?”

“I think it’s fine,” Yoongi tried to calm the other down, “it sounds perfect. Since you are going to debut, it makes sense, right? ‘Rising Sun’. Rising to stardom is what it is.” With a pen, he started to write notes. “I’ll let the creative director know about it. The one who is going to make the physical product I mean.” He glanced over at the wall, seeing that it was two in the afternoon. “How about we end it here. You need to prepare yourself mentally and physically for your debut. The days are counting, and those days go by really quick.”

Seon nodded, agreeing with the other. He stood up, along with Yoongi. With a soft ‘oh’, Yoongi decided to take a stab at it. “Why don’t you go visit BigHit.”

“Eh? F-For what?”

“You can visit Namjin if you want. Around this time, he should still be in with his vocal coach.”

“How do you --”

“Namjin has five overprotective uncles...and we like to inform each other about his progress and whereabouts,” Yoongi said, “because he has a mother that would -- will probably kill us if anything happens to his precious baby. His vocal coach is actually his uncle Jimin.” Seon, still surprised that Yoongi was telling him all of his, he continued, “you want to see him, don’t you?”

“E-Er...well...I’ve been busy with all of this, I didn’t want to impose on him.”

Yoongi chuckled. “I think Namjin would enjoy your visit.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Seon glanced up at the BigHit building, exhaling softly. In all honesty, he was going to head home and sleep for the rest of the day since his debut was all set. Instead of doing what he was going to do, he ended up heading over to BigHit, like what Yoongi said.

He started to head up the steps, entering the building. He started to make his way over to the front desk, asking if Park Jimin was still in the building.

“Yes he is...um, who are you?” The secretary asked, raising her eyebrow at the other.

“I’m friends with one of the trainees that he is training. Kim Namjin.”

“Oh...um, sorry, I cannot permit you to head up --” Just then the phone rang, causing the secretary to sigh out of frustration. She held up one finger, indicating for Seon to wait. She picked up the phone, “Hello, BigHit Entertainment front desk, how may I help you?” Seon waited, adjusting his backpack. He watched as the secretary nodded, saying ‘yes’ to the conversation. “Ah…,” she looked up at Seon, with eyes of understanding, “okay.” The secretary hung up the phone, and turned her attention back to Seon. “That was Mr. Min.”

‘Ah, Boss called?’

“He informed me that you would be coming,” she gestured towards the elevators, “Fourth floor. You will find Namjin there.”

Seon nodded his head. “Thank you.” He started to make his way over, mentally thanking Yoongi. As he pushed the button, the doors opened. ‘Ah...fourth...fourth…--’ “There are ten floors here?” Seon’s jaw dropped. “Damn…”

The elevators door closed and soon was heading up to the fourth floor of the building. Within minutes, the doors opened. Seon stepped out, looking left and right. “Which way…,” he pointed at the left, “this way?” Unsure, he started to walk, hoping that he would eventually find Namjin. As he walked down the white hallways, large glass cased photos of BigHit’s current top idols like girl group, STARS, and their boy group, BEASTMODE. Even with the new generation now holding BigHit, past singers were displayed on the wall, like BTS. Seon stopped when coming across BTS’ photo when they were younger. ‘I know this one...from their WINGS’ era.’ The photoshoot was a collage of their individual photos with their name of their group on the bottom. ‘Wah…,’ Seon thought in awe, ‘Both Yoongi and Hoseok look so young and handsome...’

“What are you doing?”

Seon jumped in place; he looked over to his left, seeing Namjin with a suspicious look on his face as he opened his water bottle. “U-Uh, I was done with work...and I came to visit.”

“Why?”

“To...see you?” A blush formed on Namjin’s face. He shook it off, and turned his heel. Seon started to follow. “Are you done with your vocal practice?”

“How did you know that I had vocal practice?”

“Your uncle Yoongi told me. In fact, he sent me here.”

“Eh?” He stopped, “for what?”

“Uh...er, well...to check up on you.”

Namjin crossed his arms together. “My uncle has you checking up on me too?”

“They do worry about you.”

“Hm.” Namjin turned again and started to walk down the hallway. Seon continued to follow.

“Erm, Namjin,” Seon cleared his throat, “um you know that I’ll be debuting soon…”

“Yeah?”

“I-I was hoping...er, are you are gonna come and watch...me.”

“Where?” Namjin felt his chest beat a bit. ‘Calm down...calm down…’

“At M Countdown,” Seon said, now whispering as the two were passing the BigHit trainees, “Boss said that the debut stage will be August 16.”

“That is in four days.” Namjin came to an abrupt stop and Seon ended up bumping into his back.

“S-Sorry…” He said, stepping back a bit, “so you think that you can go?”

“U-Uh...well…s-sure why not,” he turned around and crossed his arms together, “I mean, I am being a good person to come and support you. But,” he pointed his index finger up, “only if you do the same with me.”

“Hu?”

“When I debut, you have to be there as well.” Namjin said, his cheeks tinting a bit red, “Yeah? Good?”

Seon blinked, and smiled. “Of course!”

“Yah!!”

Both Namjin and Seon jumped in place upon hearing the loud noise. Taehyung started walking quickly towards the two with Jungkook shaking his head while he followed. “Who are you?” Taehyung looked up and down at Seon, squinting his eyes a bit at the taller. “State your business.” ‘I know all the trainees here...who is this?!’

“I-I’m Daegun Seon,” he stood up straight as if he was speaking with a commanding officer, “I’m a trainee...at Su-HOPE Records --”

“Oh! Daegun Seon,” Taehyung blinked, remembering the name, “Oh the boy that makes Namjin so flustered -- hm!!”

Namjin quickly covered his uncle’s mouth with his hands, “ah...yeah, my uncle is protective and likes to question people...sometimes,” he said with a blush on his face, “he was just leaving with my uncle Jungkook...right?” He stressed out the word as he eyed Jungkook to get the hint to take Taehyung away.

Humming a bit, Jungkook wanted to tease the younger. “I’m on break right now,” he sipped his bottle of water, “so is Taehyung.”

“Wha? You --”

“So,” Jungkook turned his head towards Seon, “the golden boy of Su-HOPE,” he beamed, “Yoongi and Hoseok talk highly of you. I’m excited to hear what you produced.”

“Is it right that Yoongi and Hoseok let you have total control over your EP? It is very unheard of for a rookie to have authority over their debut tracks.” Taehyung hummed a bit, “that means they trust you a lot. Especially Yoongi.”

Seon nodded, “Yoongi trusted me full heartedly on it. I’ll be honest, I didn’t understand why he would give me control over it when I’m still learning myself on how to use the equipment and things like that. Though he would look over my shoulder from time to time and ask my opinion on things. Whatever I liked, we would go with it.”

“Ah, well...we both want to wish you good luck on your debut stage,” Jungkook said, “we know the feeling. Ah...the good times...excitement and anxiousness.”

“But above all else, just have a good time,” Taehyung added, “You made it.” He patted his shoulder, “so have fun. Yeah?”

“Ah...u-un,” Seon nodded his head, smiling a bit, “thanks!”

Namjin sighed, and started to walk off, “I’m leaving! I’m heading back to practice,” he waved his hand.

“O-Oh, Namjin you will be there right?” Seon asked once more, “Just for clarification.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Namjin looked over his shoulder, “I told you didn’t I? I’ll be there.” He said with a red tinge of his cheeks. Seon took notice and Namjin quickly picked up his pace, turning at the corner.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

‘I cannot believe that I am actually here.’ Namjin hummed, looking at his left and at his right, seeing that he was in a sea among young fans, mostly females. He lowered his cap, feeling a bit embarrassed in coming to support Seon and his debut. ‘Well...it was a promise anyway.’ He thought with a blush on his face. He glanced down at his home made sign that he made with Seon’s stage name on it. ‘Ah, now that I’m looking at this...it is so embarrassing.’

“Okay everyone, listen up.” The coordinator of the M!Countdown program started to instruct the fans on how the basic layout will go. Lucky for Namjin, he was seated right in front of the stage. “Now, no pictures and definitely no recording. As always we will be checking your cell phones and cameras.” The coordinator said, rolling his eyes and mumbling why people would bring such electronics even knowing prior.

The coordinator opened the door and gestured for the first girl in line to head in. Followed by the next girl and the next. Namjin followed, adjusting his cap to cover his face. Afterall he was the only one of the very few males going in. As he entered, he quickly made it to his place, looking around to see that a few maintenance personnel were getting things ready for the first performance.

“I heard that XII is performing first!” Said the girl next to Namjin.

‘Oh?’ Namjin blinked upon hearing the group name. ‘They are very popular...hm, I hope to be popular as them someday.’
 
Just then, they saw the XII group coming on stage to position themselves before starting the program. The crowds of fans started to scream, cheering for the boys on stage. Even girls pushed their way on stage to hand them gifts. “Whoa!” Namjin jumped in place when the fans made their way upstage. He watched the leader of XII, Oh Sehan, bowed towards the fans and thanked them for the gifts.

“Thank you. Thank you.” Sehan smiled warmly, causing the fans to blush.

“Hey! You guys are going to be kicked out of here if you don’t get back to your seats!” Said one of the personnel, “Stop harassing the idols.” She said, crossing her arms.

The fans quickly returned to their seats, mumbling angry words about the personnel for being rude to them. “Ugh.” Said one of the fans of XII, “She was so freakin' rude. Can’t she see that we were just being nice and we were giving gifts.”

“I know!” Said her friend, “Well, whatever...I’m just glad that I was able to give my gift to Xiuchen. That woman is forgiven this time.”

“I hope that we are able to give gifts afterwards. I want to give this to SUN.” The fan said holding up a small and cutely designed bag.

‘Huh? They are talking about Seon.’ Namjin listened closely to the girls next to him.

“Oh, that new rookie rapper yeah?”

“Yeah! Have you seen his MV, Sonha? It’s so good! And he is so handsome. He is really my ideal type!”

“He looks natural as well. Like he doesn’t look like he had anything done.”

“True, true!!”

Namjin scrunched up his face, not exactly liking the idea of Seon having fans this early. ‘Now that I think about it…’ He looked behind him, seeing fans also holding homemade signs that had Seon’s stage name on it. He was not the only one supporting Seon. ‘I thought...I would be the only one. He is so popular now and he just debuted.’ “And this is just his debut showcase.”

“Huh? Are you talking to me?”

“Hu?! Oh, n-no. Sorry, I was just talking to myself.” He said at the two girls next to him.

“Oh...oh!” She glanced down seeing what Namjin was holding. “You’re a fan of Sun?”

“Y-Yeah. I mean, he is good. And I like his debut track from his EP is...erm, amazing.” He said softly.

“I know right? He is so good! Though I personally enjoy his other track, which was a total surprise. His vocals are so soothing. Seems like he is an all-rounder. Haha!” The girl beamed.

“Un.” Namjin nodded.

“Okay everyone, we will be starting the program in five minutes!! Five minutes.” The personnel started to say. He turned to two idols who were MCing for the day, XII’s deemed rival group, PARAGON, Song Dohyeon and Min Hajoon.

Namjin let out a small exhale. He continued to listen to the fans talking about the idols that were about to perform. Especially Seon. ‘It felt like it was yesterday...he was a nobody. And I was the only one who knew about him and his music. I felt a bit special.’ He sighed. ‘Hm?’ Namjin realized what he was thinking and couldn’t believe that he was getting jealous over the fact that his friend was going to be popular among fans. ‘I-It’s his dream to debut! W-Why am i getting so sad about this?’ He lowered his cap once again, not wanting anyone to see his blushing face. ‘Ugh...this is so...confusing!!’

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“And next up we have a rookie showcase!” Said PARAGON’s Leader, Song Dohyeon, “He just debuted from BigHit’s sub-label, Su-HOPE, releasing his EP, ‘Rising Sun’, with his lead track, ‘Thank You’.”

“Yes.” Min Hajoon nodded, “And his MV was able to rack over a million views within twenty-four hours. Even his song also has ranked number one in Korea’s major music charts!”

“He is definitely a talented guy. His rap skills are amazing in ‘Thank You’ and even his vocals are superb. He has a good balance between hip-hop and R&B. Well, let him show you how well he can perform. Performing his lead track, please welcome...the rookie idol, SUN!”

Namjin blinked as he heard Seon’s name. The lights dimmed and the track of the song was starting to play. In the middle of the stage stood Seon with his backup dancers. In position and ready, the camera panned over to Seon. He glanced at the camera, giving off a cool vibe. Immediately, the beat dropped.

Seon started to rap and the energy of the crowd started to hype up. The audience cheered, chanting Seon’s name. Namjin watched in awe at Seon’s presence on stage. ‘Definitely different when I’m with him...so much confidence.’  “Wow.” He whispered as he watched Seon moving from one side of the stage to the other.  Their eyes locked and just as Namjin expected, Seon was ecstatic, while Namjin’s heart started to beat. In reflex, Seon winked at the younger. Realizing what he has done, he quickly turned his head to avoid the camera to catch his reaction and rising blush.

‘W-Wha?!’ Namjin also turned away, quickly looking down. ‘He did not just do that!’ He placed his hand over his heart, now rapidly beating.

“Hey, you okay?” The girl next to Namjin asked, worried that he might be falling ill. “Hey --”

“Y-Yeah, I’m okay.” He said, covering his blushing face, “I’m fine. The rapper is handsome that I’m awestruck…”

“Oh? Uh, yeah I guess so.” She chuckled.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

After the program, Namjin quickly left feeling a bit embarrassed. He didn’t know what to make of that wink. ‘I’m sure that it was directed to me...but why would he do that? You don’t normally wink at friends...right? I mean, you just don’t do that casually.’ Namjin groaned, feeling his head starting to ache in confusion. “And he looked embarrassed as well...I mean he did look away.” ‘Maybe he was just trying to play up the popularity. Yeah...that makes sense. He is a rookie after all.’

Namjin started to head back to Taehyung’s, wanting to clear his head just a bit more until he heads to BigHit for his night lessons. ‘At least it gives me a few hours.’

Once he arrived, he was welcomed by Taehyung. “Hey there...uh, what are you doing home?”

“What do you mean?” Namjin asked as he closed the door behind him.

“Well, I thought that you would want to hang out with that Seon kid after M Countdown.” Taehyung said, turning over a page from his notebooks that he had for his trainees, “Plus, your night lessons aren’t until six pm. Was he busy or something?”

“Y-You could say that. Or...er, say uncle.” Namjin made his way over to the small table Taehyung was sitting at, and grabbed a seat, “I have a question for you.”

“Okay?” He closed his notebook, giving his full attention to his nephew, “What is it?”

“You’ve winked at a lot of fans right? When BTS was still young and active?”

“Okay, first of all, I still look young and active, ‘ight? I’m not that old. And second, I would do that once in awhile. I wasn’t the only one ya know. Heck, your mom would do it a lot.” He mimicked Seokjin’s famous flying kiss.

“But why would you guys wink at the fans?”

Confused at his nephew’s question, he shrugged. He was unsure how to respond. “Uh...I dunno. I guess it was to make the fans scream. It was common for idols to do something to make the fans happy. Such as winking or making hearts with our fingers.” He demonstrated by making a finger heart with his left hand. “I don’t get where you are getting at though, Namjin.”

“Oh...so, it was because I was a fan?”

“Huh?”

“When I was there, Seon saw me in the audience.”

“Oh really? Well, that is good --”

“Un.” He nodded, “And he winked at me.”

Taehyung blinked. “Uh --”

“And I thought that it was strange because you wouldn’t do that with friends, right?”

“Winked?”

“So, I’m right? Right?”

“Look Namjin, hold on.” He said, trying to get Namjin to slow down in his conclusions, “Look, winking can mean a lot of things. Maybe he was just doing that to woo the audience. You are probably thinking about it way too much.”

“I-I...er...I guess.” He lowered his head, realizing that what he was saying was stupid. ‘Uncle is right...I’m being stupid right now thinking about this wink. It doesn’t mean anything.’ “Yea…” He let out a weak chuckle.

“Un.” Taehyung nodded, now opening his notebook again, “Is that all you needed to talk to me about? I have to look over my notes for tonight’s practice.” He grabbed his red pen, writing down notes. “That reminds me, Jimin brought over some snacks. They are in the fridge.”

“‘Kay…” Namjin sighed. He stood up and pushed his chair in. He headed to his room, closing the door behind him.

Taehyung looked over his shoulder, ‘Wow. Who would have thought. Does that mean Namjin is clueless? Or…?’

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“So, how was your debut showcase? Is it what you thought it was going to be?” Hoseok asked as the waiter placed a cup of tea in front of Seon. Both Yoongi and Hoseok personally picked up their first signed rapper from M Countdown, and to celebrate his first debut showcase they took him out to dinner at a high end restaurant.

“I’ve always seen idols perform on M Countdown many times on television. And I thought that it would be easy since it was just singing and dancing on stage, but I was totally wrong.” Seon chuckled, “I had to memorize where the cameras were and make sure my angles were good...remember my lines and dance steps...there is a lot that goes behind being on stage.”

“Of course.” Yoongi nodded, “It is very different than what you think.” He took a sip of his drink,” Though, we are very proud of you. You did great.”

“Heh.” Seon gave a beaming smile towards the two. “Thank you." 'Hm...though, I feel so embarrassed. I hope Namjin doesn’t get mad that I winked at him. I was just happy that he was there.’ “Hm…”

“What’s wrong?” Hoseok asked in concerned.

“O-Oh, it’s just that I saw Namjin in the audience.”

“Eh? He was there?” Yoongi asked, “You saw him the audience?”

“Ya. Front row.”

“Oh?”

“I just hope that Namjin isn’t mad at me for winking at him.”

“You...winked at Namjin?” Hoseok raised his eyebrow, before glancing over to Yoongi, who shrugged at the comment. “Is that...bad?” He asked, a bit confused.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

With months passing by, Seon’s rising stardom was becoming a number search and talked about idol rapper nation and worldwide. Though, coming from Su-HOPE Records and being personally trained by Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok, they knew that Seon would turn out to be one of the great rappers of his era. However, many netizens were surprised of his humbleness despite being a rapper.

“Many rappers nowadays are so rude and arrogant.” Said one of the trainees in BigHit said, “It’s cool to see a rapper who is nice.”

“You’re right. I can’t believe that he was personally chosen by the heads.” Said another, “I want to be good like him someday.”

“On top of that, he is good looking.”

Namjin sat on the other side of the dance studio, checking his phone. Though, it didn’t cancel out the praises that the trainees were giving. It felt that every passing day, Seon was getting more and more popular. It started to make Namjin worry. ‘He probably won’t have time to be with me...er!’ He shook his head, ‘I-I mean...meet up with me!!’ His face started to show signs of a red tint. “Jeez.”

“What’s wrong?” Namjin looked up, seeing that it was one of the new trainees that was added in his group, Bae Jongyul. He looked at Namjin with concern in his eyes, “You okay? And why are you way over here when we are way over there.” He pointed at the rest of the trainees.

“You’re new so I’ll let you know the basics around here.” Namjin stood up, now regretting his decision considering that he was a head taller than he was. “U-Uh...erm, I’m Kim Namjin. You know the name?”

“Kim Namjin? Uh...should I?”

“Huh?”

Jongyul raised his eyebrow and shrugged his shoulders. “S-Sorry?”

“I...argh, anyway, you’re not suppose to be around me. Actually, no one likes me around here. They might start avoiding you too if you hang out with me.”

“Is that right? I pretty much don’t care.” He crossed his arms together, “And to be honest, that is sad. You might be grouped with one of us in the future. It’s not good to be by yourself and to not interact with the rest of the trainees.” Namjin rolled his eyes, ignoring Jongyul’s comment. Jongyul continued, “Anyway, I came over because I heard that you are the nephew of the Bangtan Instructors.”

“Wha? ‘Bangtan Instructors’?”

“Yeah. The nickname given to the BTS members...er, well now turned instructors.” He chuckled, “At least that is what Youngkwang and Soohyuk said.” He gestured over to the two trainees, both talking to each other about Seon. “You’re their nephew ya?”

“So, what if I am?”

Jongyul’s eyes lit up, “And I heard that you are particularly close to Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok.”

“I’m close to all of my uncles…b-but I do tend to head over to Su-HOPE a lot. Uh, may I ask why?”

“Well, I was wondering if you can get…”

“Listen man, I’m not gonna recommend you to my uncles --”

“Get an autograph from SUN?”

“H-Huh?!” Namjin was caught off guard, “Y-You’re a fan?”

“I am actually. Though, my sisters were fans of him first, but after they introduced me I’ve been hooked in listening to his stuff,” Jongyul beamed, “He is so cool!”

“Fans.” Namjin whispered. His eyes lowered, feeling a bit down. ‘The more Seon gets fans and work...he really won't have time for me…’

Jongyul blinked; he started to realize that he might have overstepped his boundaries. “S-Sorry. I know that this was forward of me to ask. I just might have to head over to the fan meet then.” Jongyul whispered to himself.

Namjin looked up, “Fan meet?”

“Hm? Yeah...it’s tomorrow at three pm at Times Square Mall.” He said, taking out his cellphone to message his sisters, “SUN will be there. They announced it on the Su-HOPE website.”

‘W-Why wasn’t I informed --’ “Oh, wait...I haven’t been messaging Seon at all…” Namjin said softly, “That's why.”

“Huh? You say something?”

“Uh, would it be okay if I tag along with you? To the fan meet.”

“Sure...why not.” Jongyul said, “The more the merrier.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“It’s so damned packed.” Namjin huffed as he looked ahead of him. The line stretched from the entrance of the mall to where the fan meet was actually at. “There are so many fans here.”

“What did you expect.” Jongyul said, “He is awesome.”

Namjin looked over his shoulder at the other fans behind him, “That makes sense...I mean -- and what are you holding?” He raised his eyebrow at the small photo card in his hands, “Don’t tell me that is a picture of SUN.” He pointed at Jongyul’s hand.

“It is!” He turned over the photo card, showing Namjin, “Look!!” He beamed. It was one of the five teaser photos from Seon’s ‘Rising Sun’ EP, and it happened to be Namjin’s favorite photo of Seon. "My sisters have theirs too." He showed the other proudly.

‘Ah, I don’t have anything for him to sign!!’ He thought, now realizing it.

“What’s wrong?” Jongyul tilted his head to the side, “Why do you look stressed out?”

“Uh...I just realized that I don’t have anything for him to sign.” Namjin sighed, “And I’m pretty sure that they won’t have any extra photos for me to take.”

“Ah…” Jongyul glanced down, “Oh? What about that bear that you have?”

“Huh?”

“That little guy.” He pointed at the bear that was sticking out of Namjin’s bag, “It has a ribbon on it...you can probably have him right on it? Granted, it might be a bit small for him to sign...but it is better than nothing, right?”

‘Bear?’ Namjin glanced down, seeing the bear that Seon gave him that time when he took him to the coffee house was in his bag. Even though he thought it was a ‘stupid’ gift, Namjin kept it regardless, unable to part it with it and even taking it with him wherever he goes. Namjin blushed, quickly stuffing it back in his bag.

“What are you doing?!”

“What?”

“Why don’t you let him sign that? Better than not having anything right? Even if it is on a ribbon. Wouldn’t it look strange if you’re just there and you have nothing for him to sign?” Jongyul said turning around to look ahead of him, “Finally the line is moving.”

‘I guess...it would be strange.’ Namjin thought, ‘Why does it feel embarrassing though.’

“Look! It’s moving!” Jongyul pointed, “This is exciting!”

“Huh? Wha -- Ow, excuse me, stop pushing me!!” Namjin hissed at the line of fans started to push, wanting a glimpse of the rookie rapper.  

“Oh wow, this must be your first time being at a fan meet.” A fan said in a sarcastic tone, even rolling her eyes are Namjin.

“Well, excuse me for being an actual normal civilian being in line!” Namjin retorted, “And watch that attitude of yours! !”

“What did you say --”

“I’m sorry.” Jongyul said, forcing Namjin be ahead of him, “My friend is...uh, PMSing.”

“What?!” Namjin started to raise his voice, until the personnel came over to break the commotion.

“Stop acting like children please. You are all...mature...teens aren’t you?” The personnel asked, obviously ticked at the childish behaviour, “The line is moving and everything is going smoothly. You’ll all meet him soon enough.” With that, the personnel left, heading back to his post.

“Namjin, you have to...well, at least act civilized. We are in the public.”

“I know. I know. I just didn’t think fans were like her.”

“Well, not all fans are nice. And also control your attitude.”

“Ugh...got it.”

The line started to move and the more the two approached, the more Jongyul was excited. He told Namjin that this was the first time meeting an idol of his face to face. “Do you think that he can sign all of my photocards?” Jongyul asked, “It would be so great if he could!”

“I’m sure he will…” Namjin said, a bit soft in tone, “He is a nice guy after all.”

“Hm?” Jongyul raised his eye at the other, “Do you actually know him?”

“What makes you say that?”

“I dunno. Sounds like you know him. Like on a personal -- oh!! We are getting close!! Go, go Namjin!” Jongyul said, pushing the other gently to move forward. Out of nervousness, Namjin held his ground. “What’s wrong now?”

“You go first.” Namjin forced Jongyul to be ahead of him.

“Really?! Nice! Thank you.” Jongyul beamed as he waited for his next turn. Namjin stood behind him, not quite ready to meet up with the idol rapper.

“Ah, thank you so much for buying the EP!” Namjin glanced up on hearing Seon’s husky voice talking with Jongyul. He displayed the same bright smile that he so familiar with. “Of course I’ll sign them! What are your sisters names? I’ll make them personal.”

“N-No way! U-Um, it’s Bae J-Jiyeon and Bae Siyeon. Again, thank you so much!” Jongyul blushed, “You’re so kind"

Seon chuckled, “That’s good. I don’t think I will ever change who I am. Er, well, besides the hair.” He pointed at his dyed hair, “But personality-wise, I still like to be humble and kind. Make sure to be nice, alright? It goes a long way.”

In awe, Jongyul nodded at Seon’s comment. “O-Of course!” He bowed, “Thank you so much!” With that, Jongyul stepped down from the stage feeling giddy like a high school girl. The personnel gestured for Namjin to go ahead and step up to the stage. With a bit of hesitation, Namjin slowly made his way up the steps, heading over.

Seon reached down to grab his bottle of water, taking a quick sip. ‘Ah refreshing!’ He beamed. As he sat right back up, his widen at the teen in front of him. ‘Na-Namjin?’

There stood Namjin who was fiddling with his fingers, cheeks a bit tinted. “S-Sorry...I don’t have any photos for you to sign...erm…”

“Namjin! Let him sign the bear with the ribbon on it!!” Jongyul yelled, waving his hand in the air, “Do it!!”

“Jongyul!” Namjin hushed him, ‘Here he is telling me to check my attitude and act like a normal civilian, but he is here being so damn loud.’

‘Bear? And they know each other? Another trainee?’ Seon thought, looking back and forth at the two. He glanced over at Namjin, seeing that he was opening his bag and taking out the bear mentioned prior. ‘Oh? Oh! That bear!’ Seon continued to watch as Namjin took off the ribbon.

“This is all...I hope that this is okay.”

“Of course it is.” Seon smiled warmly, “I’m actually glad that you kept it.”

“Y-Yeah, well..."

Seon nodded his head, “I’m happy.” He smiled, “I’ll sign the ribbon part.” He took his pentel pen and started to write as small, but legible as he could. “It makes me happy that you came Namjin.” He said in a soft tone, but enough for Namjin to hear, “How did you know?”

“The trainee over there...being all giddy...he is in the same training group as me in BigHit. He mentioned it...a-and since you didn’t say anything...I came...over.”

Seon was taken by surprised. He let out a chuckle. “Thank you for coming. Honestly, the reason was because I was busy.” He said in an apologetic tone, “I’m sorry for not talking about it.”

“I-It’s expected. You’re busy…Um...I-I’m just --”

“Excuse me, sir.” The personnel interjected, “There is still a line. Please step off the stage.”

Namjin nodded, not really wanting to leave just yet. He turned to Seon, “Have a good one.”

“Right...Oh! Wait, here.” Seon reached over and grabbed Namjin’s hand, “Don’t forget him.” He beamed as he placed the bear back in Namjin’s hand, “And here is the ribbon.”

“Th-Thanks.” He blushed once more before quickly going down the stage. Namjin quickly grabbed Jongyul before he could say anything.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“No way!” One of the trainees said, “Looks like he will be performing in at Olympic Gymnastics Hall with other artists such as XII, PARAGON, ROSE...and many more for the end of the year party.”

“Seriously? That would mean he is actually the first rookie to be invited to perform at the end of the year party?!”

“Un!”

“Lucky bastard.” Sighed the trainee, “It makes me want to work harder so I can perform just like him.”

“Your time come.” Jungkook said as he entered the dance studio with his students getting up from the wooden floors. He closed the door as they greeted their instructor. “When the time is right, it will be your time to shine. In the meantime, work hard to achieve your dreams.” He said, looking at each one of his students, especially directing the message for Namjin. “It is all up to you though.” He let out a smile, “Alright? Do I make myself clear?”

“Yessir!” The trainees said simultaneously.

“Yes.” Namjin nodded.

“Evaluations will at the end of the month. Please work hard.” Jungkook said, “So with that being said...let's start our dance practice.”

‘Right...hm, that would mean that Seon would be busy.’ Namjin sighed.

“What is with the sigh?” Jongyul asked, putting on his sweatband.

“I...just want to debut. I need to get good marks on my evaluations so the CEO can see that I’m ready to debut.”

“Un.” He nodded, “Same here. I know that the CEO will also give the evaluation reports to the heads of Su-HOPE. I hope I get into their company.”

“So you can get close to Seon?”

“That’s right!” Jongyul chuckled, giving a peace sign, “Though, it wouldn’t matter. As long as I debut, I’ll be content. You know now that I think about it, that would be a great way to motivate yourself. I honestly haven’t thought of that.” Jongyul pursed his lips, “As Teacher Jungkook said, my time will come. If I focus more, I’ll be able to get there in no time.”

‘I have to keep working hard. Okay, Namjin...lets focus!’

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“Hnn.” Namjin rubbed his eyes, “It is only eleven o’clock...ugh. I promised myself that I would practice until closing time.” He brushed his hair back, letting it fall into place, “Well...there's always tomorrow, but I need to keep up my routine.” He let out a sigh.

“Night Namjin.” The secretary said, giving a small wave goodbye, “Get home safe, okay? And bundle up too. It is pretty chilly out.”

“Un.” He nodded, “I will...thank you.”

Namjin exited out of BigHit, letting out the cool breeze hit his face. “Cold, but at least it is nice outside.” He adjusted his scarf, making sure that his neck was covered.

“Oh! Namjin!”

“Huh?” Namjin looked up seeing a man coming towards him. He pulled his mouth mask off, smiling brightly at him, “Huh?!” ‘What is S-Seon doing here?!’ “What in the world? What are you doing here?”

“Hm? I-I came to see you. Well, your uncle said that you might still be here since you’ve been practicing ‘til closing time. Are you heading home?”

“I-I was.” Namjin could feel his cheeks turn red, “I feel a bit drained, s-so I thought of going home so I can rest for a bit.”

“Is that so?” Seon hummed a bit, “I should let you head home then, so you can rest.”

“B-But what is it? I mean, why are you here?”

“We haven’t been talking lately...my schedule has been so busy. I thought that this would be a good opportunity to hang out for a bit. Though, I came at the wrong time obviously.” He rubbed the back of his neck, a bit embarrassed.

“You…” ‘Came to see me.’ Namjin lowered his eyes, not wanting Seon to see his blushing face. He thought how kind it was for Seon to go out of his way to see him, even if he was still busy with his schedule. ‘Wait.’ Namjin blinked a bit, ‘I can take this opportunity to be with him for a bit.’

“I’ll walk you home Namjin. Since it is the holidays, people on the road are a bit crazy.” Seon looked at the busy streets, “And it is --”

“C-Can we hang out for a bit?”

“Huh? But didn’t you say that you were heading home? To rest?” Seon said, a bit surprised at the request.

“Well, it has been a while.” Namjin crossed his arms, puffing his cheeks, “I...enjoyed our talk-time together...believe it or not.”

“R-Really?” Seon was amazed that Namjin actually did care about their time together. It warmed him, “Is it really okay?”

“Un.” Namjin nodded.

“Well, if you’re okay with it. Should we...hm, what is actually opened this late?” Seon took his phone to check and see where he and Namjin could go, “Um...you okay with fast food? They are the only one that is open twenty-four hours. In restaurant and drive through.”

“Uh-huh.” Namjin nodded, feeling happy to now spend time with Seon.

“Okay then --” Seon looked up at his phone, seeing Namjin smile at him happily.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“By the way, thank you for signing...er, well the bear that you gave me.”

“Hm? It was no problem. After All, you were at the fan meet. Did you say that guy was a trainee as well?” Seon asked, nibbling on his fry, “The one who was with you.”

“On...yeah, Jongyul.” Namjin nodded, “He is a trainee at BigHit and is in the same group as me. Originally, he wanted to see if he could get an autograph from you through me.” He hummed a bit, “But I didn’t respond in time, so he just ended up saying that you had a fan meet at the mall.”

“Hm-Hm.” Seon nodded, before smiling brightly, “And he said that he was a big fan.” A small blush formed on his cheeks, “That made me so happy!” He said, chuckling a bit.

Namjin scoffed, letting a small smile formed on his lips. “Anyway…”

At their time at the fast food restaurant, the two talked about their day and even their scheduling plans just so they can plan their next meet up. However, much of Seon’s schedule was full and won’t be free until April. “I’m going to be releasing a single at the end of January.” Seon started to explain, “For sure, I’ll be busy in January all the way to the end of March.” He rubbed the back of his neck.

“I see.” Namjin started to feel a bit down. It was still December and he had to wait until April to meet up with him. ‘Though, it is expected...so why am I even sad…’

Seon could see how disappointed the younger was. He assured him that time will fly soon. “And before you know it, it will be already April.”

“Still it’s a long way.” Namjin sighed, “I...just miss our talks.” He said in a soft voice. He looked away, realizing how embarrassing his comment was.

Seon blinked, “You do?! You really weren't kidding.”

Namjin’s cheeks turned red once more. “I’m not repeating myself.” He quickly grabbed his fries, stuffing his face with them just so he couldn’t repeat his words.

“Whoa, whoa! Careful, you might choke, Namjin!”

“I’m fine.” He said with his face stuffed, “I’m okay.” He said, grabbing his coke.

Seon could only chuckle at Namjin’s childish antics. ‘I miss our talks too.’

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Namjin sat on his bed, a bit dissatisfied with his quick hangout with Seon. He was happy for sure, but was unhappy that he wouldn't be able to see him until the next year. It hurt him a bit. He glanced up at the bear that was in front of him, sitting on top of his bed. Namjin leaned over and grabbed the bear, hugging it tightly. ‘You will do...I can talk to you.’

A knock was made causing Namjin to look up. “Yea?”

The door opened and Taehyung peeked inside. “Yosh. Eh? You okay?” He revealed a plate full of nighttime snacks, “Want any? With the holidays coming up...I’ve been getting a lot of gifts from the trainees.”

“You’re not seducing them are you?” Namjin mumbled, raising his eyebrow at his uncle.

“No!! They just gave them to me because they are nice trainees!!”

Namjin sighed once more, shaking his head. “I’m not hungry…”

“Okay...so what’s up?” The younger lowered his head, not wanting his cheeks to be shown. Taehyung took notice, “You hung out with Seon, yeah? Was there something wrong?”

“N-No...it is just...we won’t be able to meet up. His schedule is so booked at the next free time is in April.”

‘Oh? So, he is getting it now?’ “Are you...developing feelings towards Seon? Are you realizing it now?”

“H-Huh?!”

“Are you accepting it now?” Taehyung asked, unfazed with Namjin’s shocked expression.

“Wha?!” Namjin blushed, “Y-You knew?!”

“How could I not? I mean, come on Namjin...I’ve been there. I’ve seen it. First hand actually.”

“Uh…”

“Your parents.”

“Oh, right!” Namjin nodded, “Right!”

“It was quite a headache.” Taehyung said, rubbing his forehead with his hand, “You must’ve gotten it from your father.”

“Dad?”

“Un.” He nodded, “Anyway...it is nice that you have feelings for someone else besides your uncle. At Least he is someone around your age.”

“I-I love uncle too!! A whole lot!”

“But not in that way. What you feel for Seon is definitely different. Which is good.” Taehyung beamed, “So when are you going to tell him?”

“T-Tell him?”

“Of course? You think that he will know automatically?”

Namjin could feel his cheeks heat up. “I n-never told anyone that I loved them...I mean, I’ve told uncle hundreds of times, but this time it feels different.”

“Well...duh? It is different. Your uncle is family. This Daegun Seon is someone special. Though, I am surprised.”

“Huh? For what?”

“That he actually spend time with you. Your personality is awful.”

“What?! I hear it a lot from the other trainees, but hearing it from you -- ”

“You have this princess attitude you know. It’s so not cute.” Taehyung sighed, “He must be very patient and is willing to tolerate your attitude.”

“Hu?” ‘I-I...have been rude to him for sure...’ “Then there is no chance huh? I mean, who would want to be with someone like me?”

“Well, the good thing is that you can change that attitude of yours, but considering that he has been your friend up until now, means that he is willing to be with you despite your princess attitude.” Taehyung chuckled.

“I guess -- wait a minute!” Namjin widen his eyes in realization, “What if he...doesn’t swing that way?! And if I tell him...I just might embarrass myself. I-I don’t think I can do it!”

“Hm…” Taehyung pursed his lips, “Hmm.” He was deep in thought, in which Namjin raised his eyebrow at his uncle.

“Wha? All you can say is ‘hmm’?”

“I have a good feeling...that he may feel the same way.” He said, letting out a smile, “Trust uncle in this.”

“I don’t want too. And you could be wrong...”

“Really? Then...you’re okay with not knowing? What if he likes you too?” With that comment, Namjin shook his head. Taehyung  continued, “The worst thing that could happen...is wondering what if.”

“What if?”

“Un.” He nodded, “What if...he did like you back?”

“Then...wouldn’t he tell me?” He said, crossing his arms together.

“What if he was nervous? You know it just needs one to take the lead. Plus with his busy schedule it would be a long until you see him again, you know what I mean?”

“That’s right…” Namjin again blushed, “Oh my god!”

“Huh? What is it?”

“What if someone, during that period, likes him?! I don’t think I can handle that!”

“Then the more you should go and confess ya?”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“Looks like you have your single all set? From what Hoseok told me?” Yoongi said, a bit surprised, “That is quite fast, but hey...the music that you have produced are top notch in my book. You never cease to amaze, Seon.”

“Thank you.” He said with a bow, “I hope that you will enjoy this one...but by all means, please critique it.” Seon handed him the USB with his single, “I’m focusing more on my vocals this time.”

“Oh? No rap?”

“I-I was thinking of adding a rap song to it, but I want to give people a chance to hear my vocals. I mean, people had a good response to my other song when I just sang. You think it will be the wrong idea? To leave out a rap song?”

Yoongi hummed a bit before he shook his head, “I think it will be a good idea. It will reinforce the idea that even if you are a rapper, you can also sing well.” He smiled warmly at the other, “It will be good to experiment.”

“Really? Oh Okay!” Seon said, feeling a bit pumped, “That is actually good news.”

Yoongi nodded, writing down notes for himself, “I’ll listen to it and I’ll give you feedback. As I said, I’m very impressed with you, Seon. You work fast and you’re diligent with your work. And the results remarkable. It shows.” He said, referring to Seon’s song ranking number one in top music charts, as well as his popularity with the crowd, “Plus with the invitation to perform at the New Year’s concert performance...it just boosts up your recognition. I’m proud of you and so is Hoseok.”

Seon’s eyes lit up. ‘Who would have thought that I would be performing on stage. And most rookie idols don’t have that opportunity to do so.’ “It is an honor.”

“Your parents. What did they say?” Yoongi asked, “I’m sure that they are proud of you and your accomplishments.”

“Ah! I haven’t even asked!!” Seon said, widening his eyes, “B-But I’m sure that they saw me.” He grabbed his phone from his back pocket, “I wonder why they haven’t called me and asked me about it.”

“They probably didn’t want to bother you, but you should give them a call.” Yoongi said, standing up from his seat to gather his things, “I’m sure they will love it.”

“U-Un.” Seon nodded.

The two exited from the office. Yoongi informed the younger that he will take his leave and be heading to BigHit to look over evaluations from last month for potential recruitment to Su-HOPE Records. “Would you like to accompany me?”

“Eh? For real?” Once again, Seon’s head perked up, “Y-You don’t mind? I-I don’t know how much help I would be with the recruitment...”

Yoongi raised his eyebrow at him, “Oh, you don’t need to worry about that. Plus, why would I mind? Besides, I think the trainees would like to see you. You okay with that?”

“I-I don’t mind!” He said with excitement in his tone.

A soft chuckle escaped from Yoongi’s lips, “You are funny. And I think my nephew will love to see you.”

“Huh?” Seon’s face started to turn pink, “Namjin?”

Yoongi took his leave first, letting out a small smile.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“Here.” Jongyul handed Namjin a power bar, “This one is good.”

“Eh? Peppermint?” Namjin started to unwrap the bar, “Well, it is the holidays. There were no other flavors?”

“Sorry, Princess...no other flavor. The other ones were boring. Chocolate? Coffee flavor? And even the most basic of basics...vanilla.”

“Alright, alright...whatever. Thanks…” Namjin said softly, “Erm...you know, you are quite calm after what I told you yesterday…”

“Hm?” Jongyul bit into his bar, “Oh, that you like Seon? What? Did you want me to shout it out to the world?” He said in a teasing manner, which caused Namjin to jab him on the side, “O-Owie…”

“Stop...I already have it hard deciding if I should tell him or not.”

“I’m just surprised that you told me.” Jongyul rubbed his side, “What made you decide to do that?”

“Probably because you are my only friend at BigHit. Things like this is so hard to talk to my uncles about. Plus, my parents...are probably going to give me a lecture on ‘you are too young to date’ and all that crap. For sure I don’t want my parents to be giving me a lecture about that.”

“Ahh, I see.” Jongyul nodded, “I guess friends are much more easier to talk to about things like this.”

“Which is why I told you.” Namjin said, rolling his eyes, “But thanks for not being…”

“What? Being a bully?” Jongyul raised his eyebrow, “Why would I bully you or tease you about loving someone? If anything, I’ll do my best to help you.”

Namjin looked over his shoulder, staring at Jongyul a bit suspicious. He lowered his eyes, “Don’t tell me, you are going to use me to get closer to your idol.”

“Maybe?! Is that a problem?!”

“Yes it is!!” Namjin jabbed Jongyul in the side once more, “Don’t be like that!”

“Owie!! Ugh...” Jongyul once again, rubbed his side, “So, how are you gunna do it? The confession I mean.”

Namjin felt his cheeks heat up. He lowered his head, “I-I don’t know...I’m torn if I should or not.”

‘Hm?’ “You said…’not’? Why?”

“Well, one, rookies aren’t suppose to date. It is going to be impossible to do any dating stuff. Er, unless he does it in secret, but he doesn’t look like he would do something like that. Second, I’m just thinking what my uncle said. I mean, would he really want to be with someone like me...my personality is not that great...I’m arrogant and I didn’t treat him well. People like to be with others because both parties treat each other with kindness. And they support each other...I do support him...but not enough.”

“But you were there, right? I mean, you were at the fan signing. Look, Namjin, for him to willing be with you, despite being a total to him,” He said, with Namjin clicking his tongue in annoyance, “He stuck with you. It looks like he looked passed all of that and still stuck with you. Maybe he thinks that deep down, you’re a good person. Under all of this princess attitude that you have, you are warmhearted and thoughtful.”

“Am I?”

“Like I said, you were at the fan signing weren’t ya? He didn’t say anything, but you can anyway and supported him. He was elated to see you there! Plus, look at us now! I was able to look passed your horrible attitude and here we are...best friends!”Jongyul reached over to the door of Big Hit, opening it for him and Namjin. Just then, two trainees here talking to one another, both in cheerful moods, and even saying that they were happy that they met Min Yoongi and Daegun Seon.

Jongyul waved at the two trainees, “Hey Jongpil, Seungheon, what is up --”

“Huh?!” Namjin said, interrupting Jongyul’s greeting, “What did you say?”

“Hm?” The trainee, Song Seungheon, stopped in his tracks, “Sorry?”

“D-Did you say that Min Yoongi and Daegun Seon are here?”

“Oh, un.” He nodded, “Yeah, they briefly passed by the trainee floor. I kinda overheard that they will be meeting the CEO.”

“Eh?” Namjin blinked, “For what?”

Seungheon shrugged, “I dunno, but I think it is for recruitment? I mean, our monthly evaluation is right around the corner ya know. Maybe he wants to leave a reminder collect the evaluations for this month? Or maybe get last month’s.” The other trainee, Kang Jongpil, nodded his head in agreement. “They might be at the trainee floor still. Mr. Min wanted to see the trainees and the renovated dance and vocals rooms.”

“Is that so?” Jongyul said, “Namjin, we should head up.” He said and Namjin quickly nodded his head in agreement. The two bid their farewell to the two trainees, and headed straight to the elevators. Once they entered, Jongyul pressed the button, heading straight up to the trainee floor.

The doors opened, and both stepped out. They headed right, down the hallway, coming across the first trainee dance room. Namjin peeked inside, seeing that his uncle and Seon were inside along with Jimin and Jungkook and their trainees.

‘The trainees looked a bit exhausted.’ Namjin thought, ‘They probably performed for uncle. To see how good they are…’

“Looks like Mr. Min is impressed with their practice performance.” Jongyul whispered, “Judging how tired they are and all.”

“Hm. Yeah.”

“Good work, trainees.” Yoongi said, “Seeing your practice performance first hand, I’m impressed.”

“Yes, good work everyone!” Seon said, nodding his head in agreement with his trademark smile.

The trainees beamed with happiness to hear good remarks from Seon and especially from Yoongi. Yoongi continued, “I’m sure you hear this all the time, but keep up the good work. Work hard everyone. Being in this industry isn’t a walk in the park, we all know. The words that I say are still true. Work hard.”

With that, Yoongi and Seon started to head out of the dance rooms, saying their goodbyes to the trainees. Jongyul and Namjin moved from the door and were both up against the wall. As Yoongi exited first, he was surprised to see Namjin in front of him. “Oh? Namjin.” Seon looked over, upon hearing Namjin’s name. He smiled, giving a small wave. Yoongi moved to the side to let Seon head out first, before closing the door. “Practice is at six at night, yes?”

“Un.” He nodded, “I heard that you came here to get the evaluation forms from last month? Or...something like that?”

“That’s right.” Yoongi said, lifting a thin, briefcase, “I have them right here. Even yours. Your uncle Hoseok and I will be looking through them.”

“For what?” Jongyul asked a bit abruptly, before apologizing for his rudeness. “S-Sorry! I-I didn’t mean to ask like that.”

“Hm? Ah, you’re Bae Jongyul.”

“Yessir.”

“I have yours as well. Your evaluation.”

“Oh god…” Jongyul felt himself shrinking. ‘My ranks are subpar...oh god…’

Yoongi let out a light chuckle. “As I said, your uncle and I are thinking of debuting an idol boy group at Su-HOPE. We gathered all of the male trainees evaluations to look them over. From their first evaluation up until now. This month will be taken into consideration as well.” Upon hearing those words, Jongyul’s eyes lit up.

“They will be debuting next year?” Namjin asked.

Yoongi shook his head. “No. We want to see where they are. We want to know how much they have changed from the beginning up to now, plus they will be given a year to be with us. Just extra training and preparation for their debut.”

“Another year? That is extreme...don’t you think?”

“We have to think of this carefully.” He said, “Planning is key. Though, we will see. Who knows...we might change things around,” He started to check his watch, “I have to get going.”

“Oh, okay...erm, good luck with all of that.” Namjin said, ‘A new idol group? At Su-HOPE...’

“I should get going as well.” Seon said, “I have to do some errands.” He turned towards Yoongi, “Thank you for bringing me over to Big Hit. It was cool to see the trainees perform what they have practiced. The atmosphere is really different from when I was training.” He said, chuckling a bit.

“I’ll drop you off Seon.” Yoongi said.

“Okay,” he turned towards the two, “I’ll see guys later.”

Just before Seon took a step to head towards the elevator, Namjin quickly grabbed Seon gently by his sleeve. “Hm?” He looked over his shoulder, surprised and concerned, “Namjin?” Yoongi took notice, and told Soen that he will wait for him in the main lobby. “O-Okay.” He said with a nod. Once Yoongi took his leave first, Jongyul took the opportunity to leave as well, whispering to Namjin good luck. He rushed to his vocal lessons, before turning the corner, he gave Namjin a thumbs up.

Namjin felt his heart beating, while his stomach filled with knots. He started to become nervous. ‘A-Am I going to do it? I-Is this it?’ His fingers, still holding onto Seon’s sleeve, now starting to grip the fabric even tighter. ‘I-I don’t t-think I can do this now.’ He thought to himself. The fear of rejection hurts.

“Namjin? Are you okay?” Seon raised his eyebrow, still concerned. He placed his hand over Namjin’s. ‘He’s tense?’

With seconds passing by, Namjin let in a big inhale, and exhaling out slowly. He released his grip. “I have something to tell you.” He said, looking down at the tiled floor.

“Hm?” Seon slowly nodded his head, “Okay...what about?”

Namjin the corner of his lips before speaking again. To Seon, it looked like he was trying to choose his words wisely. The more it piqued his interest. He waited for Namjin to relax and to continue.

“Um…”

“Hm?”

Namjin looked up at Seon, “I don’t think I can tell you.” He said, a bit disappointed in himself that he couldn’t go on with it. “Um...I don’t think I can tell you...now.”

“Oh…’kay?” Seon was unsure how to go about it, “I guess...tell me whenever you feel comfortable then. There is no rush.” He smiled warmly at Namjin, which made his heart beat.

“That’s the thing...I don’t know...when I feel that I will be comfortable to tell you.” He said softly.

“What is this about?”

“I can’t say.”

The more it was confusing for Seon, but instead of pressing the question, he placed his hand on top of Namjin’s headd, trying his best to ease him, “I’ll wait. Whenever you are ready to tell me.”

“I’ll tell you. When I debut.”

“Eh? When you debut?”

“I don’t know how long that will take...but whenever I debut...I’ll tell you.” Namjin said, nodding his head, “Yeah...I-I just hope that you can wait until then.”

“Erm...sure. As I said, whenever you are ready to tell me.”

Namjin felt calm, and Seon took notice. He patted the other on the shoulder, asking if that was all he wanted to let him know. “Y-Yeah, that is all.”

“Okay then.” Seon dropped his arm against his side, “I’ll see you.”

“Until April.”

“Hm-hm, until April.” Seon nodded, “See ya.” With one last wave, he gave an encouraging smile, he started to head towards the elevators. Instead of feeling relieved, Namjin felt determined.

“Hey!”

Namjin turned around, seeing Jongyul jogging towards him. “So? What did he say?”

“I didn’t tell him.”

“Wait, what?” Jongyul raised his eyebrow, “W-Why not?”

“Because I want to change myself.”

“Uh...what?”

“I have a bit of growing up to do first.”

Jongyul’s jaw dropped, shocked that his friend didn’t say his confession toward Seon. “I don’t even know what that means, but the most important question of all...why did you do that?!”

“First, calm yourself...second, as I said, I want to grow up. I’ll let him know in time. I told him that I’ll tell him when I debut.”

“When will that be? Hm?” He said, resting his hands on his hips.

Namjin shrugged, “Whenever it comes. It will drive me to work hard in my evaluations so I can be put in a debuting group. I want to be at the same level as him, and right now, I’m just an idling trainee,” He said as he let a soft chuckle, “he entered as a trainee at the same time I was, and in just a few months he debuted. He is crazy talented, but he worked twice as hard I’m sure like any other trainee. He is moving ahead, like he is running, and I’m just...walking.”

“Wha? But...I don’t think it would have mattered?” Jongyul said, “Aren’t you scared that he, erm, will find someone that he would care for in that time? He is a man. Men...you know...have needs and wants as well. He would probably want a girlfriend or boyfriend. Namjin, you might have lost an opportunity right here.”

Namjin let out a light laugh, “Yeah, that too. But I’m hoping that he won’t find anyone just yet. So, I better hurry and catch up to him.”

Jongyul sighed. “I honestly don’t understand why though.”

“I know that you don’t understand. It’s just something that I have to do.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

“What did Namjin want?” Yoongi asked out of curiosity.

“He wouldn’t tell me.” Seon said, “It felt like it was something important, but he said that he couldn’t tell me until he is set to debut.”

“Eh? He said that?” Yoongi widen his eyes at the comment, ‘what in the world?!’

“Un.” He nodded, “I wonder what it is though. If it was important, he should have told me right away, but I didn’t want to pressure him to tell me. I told him that I’ll wait.” He said with a soft chuckle.

“I wonder how long that will take.” Yoongi said to himself. ‘Hm…’

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Two years later…

“Come on Namjin, jeez!” Jongyul looked over his shoulder, as he and Namjin continued to run, weaving their way through the crowd in the city of Seoul. They were heading down to Su-HOPE Records, and excited expressions laid on their faces.

They soon approached the steps to Su-HOPE, Jongyul opening the door for Namjin. They were immediately greeted by the secretary. Namjin nodded his head towards her. “Morning!”

“Morning you two.” The secretary said, “They are in meeting room ‘A’.”

“Okay!” The two said. They rushed towards the elevator, pressing the ‘up’ button. Namjin turned towards Jongyul.

“Excited?”

“More like ecstatic.” He held out his arm, “Pinch me.” Namjin did just that and Jongyul started to form a smile on his face. “So, this isn’t a dream.”

“Nope.”

The doors opened and the two entered. Once the doors closed, Namjin pressed the button, leading them up towards the respected floor. “Two years.” Namjin said, which the other nodded his head in agreement, “We finally made it.” They reached their floor, and the doors opened. The two stepped out, heading right towards the meeting room.

“This is it.” Jongyul said. He raised his hand, knocking the door. They both heard Hoseok’s voice, saying to come in. Jongyul opened the door, there stood Yoongi and Hoseok, as well as seeing a circular table with five trainees from BigHit, turning their heads to greet them.

“Ah, the final members.” Honseok chuckled, “Come, come.” He gestured for them to come inside. “Take a seat.”

Once Namjin and Jongyul took their seats, Yoongi started the meeting. “First of all, I would like to say, welcome to Su-HOPE Records. After many years of looking through evaluation sheets the trainees at BigHit and carefully deliberating which trainees to choose from to form our first boy group, you seven have been personally chosen. Congratulations.”

The trainees clapped, congratulating one another for their hard work. Yoongi continued. “You seven were chosen because of your impressive growth in your training. Vocals...rap...and dance are on par.”

Namjin beamed. His three years of hard work finally paid off. ‘I just hope --’

“Now,” Yoongi continued, “the formation for the idol group.” He pressed a button on the remote that he had in his right hand. The screen behind him displayed a run down of the schedule for the new boy group. “We will start training and preparing for your debut. I have asked Daegun Seon to help produce music for your single album, and even write your debut song. If fact he is working on it right now, despite his busy schedule.” He pressed the button on the remote for the next slide, “And here are the position distribution.” Namjin glanced up, seeing the names of all seven members and their respective positions that they will take on. “Let's go down the line.”

Hoseok spoke, “Yang Taejoon will handle the main rap position.”

‘Yang Taejoon?’ Namjin turned his head, glancing over to the trainee at the end of the table. He saw the name card that was on the table. He remembered seeing him from time to time in the trainee floor, but weren’t seeing in the same group. ‘In fact, he was in uncle Taehyung’s group.’ He looked over to the trainee next to him.

“Jeon Cheol will be the leader of the group as well as providing vocals and will take part in writing lyrics.”

‘Oh!’ Namjin nodded. He has heard of Jeon Cheol and he was in placed in another trainee group. He was popular among the trainees for his kindness and leadership skills. Like Taejoon, he would see him from time to time in the building and would say hello to him whenever the two came across each other.

“And next, Bae Jongyul,” Hoseok gestured towards Jongyul, “as well as Song Seungheon will take care of rapping. Both of you are lead rappers.”

“Ah! Nice!” Jongyul said, giving a thumbs up to Seungheon, who in return did the same. Namjin looked over seeing Seungheon.

‘Ah, and his brother is here too.’ He thought, glancing at the younger version of Seungheon sitting right next to him. ‘I think Jongyul said that Seungheon is three years older than his brother.’ “Hm.” ‘And Seungheon is nineteen right now -- whoa, so Seunggi is sixteen?!’

“Hwang Chiwon is the group’s main dancer and lead vocalist.” Yoongi gestured over towards Hwang Chiwon, the charming fellow with black rimmed glasses, who shyly smiled towards the other trainees. “Chiwon has great skill in dance, so he will accompany Hoseok with dance choreography.” Yoongi said. After clearing his throat, he turned towards Namjin. “For Kim Namjin, you are the groups vocals.”

Namjin beamed with happiness that both Yoongi and Hoseok smiled at their nephew. It took two years, but they were happy to know that Namjin was able to prove himself to be idol worthy and debut in Su-HOPE’s first boy group.

“And last, but not least, Seungheon’s younger brother, Song Seunggi, will be providing main vocals and will be the lead dancer for the group.” He said with a nod, “Now that everyone knows what their role is, we will soon begin the training and preparations for your debut. Starting Monday morning we will begin training.”

“If you don’t mind me asking,'' Jongyul said, slightly raising hand, “What is the name of the group?”

The rest of the members turned towards Yoongi and Hoseok, waiting patiently for the answer. “Ah, the name. Yeah, the group name is special to be honest...it has value,” Yoongi said, pausing a bit. He raised his hand, making a gun with his fingers, pointing at no one in particular. “Red Bullet,” He said with a smirk on his face, “Bang.”

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

Over the weekend, the boys were settled in their new dormitory building, specifically made for BigHit and Su-HOPE trainees and current idols. With special key-cards, no trainee can enter the idols room floors, and vice versa. Not even fans can enter the building.

The boys were able to get acquainted and pick out their rooms. Namjin and Jongyul roomed with each other, along with Chiwon.

“You sure you don’t want the bottom bunk?” Namjin asked, folding his shirts and placing them on the bed, “I don’t mind sleeping on the top bunk.”

“Oh! It’s okay.” Chiwon said softly, “I’m used to the top bunk. My older brothers always got the bottom beds because back in middle school for their soccer games, they always woke up early. It was easier to just tip toe out of the room that way instead of making a ruckus going down from the top bunk.”

“You have brothers?” Jongyul asked.

“Un.” Chiwon nodded, “I’m a triplet.”

Both Namjin and Jongyul dropped their jaws at the information. “T-Triplets?” Namjin said, “Wow!”

“Yeah, and we are identical.”

“Identical?!” Jongyul’s jaw dropped once more. “Imagine that...three of you.”

Chiwon rummaged through his bags. He pulled out a photo of him and his family. “See.” He pointed out him and his brothers.

“Oh my god, that is adorable. You guys are wearing matching sweaters.” Namjin commented, “Cute.”

“Yeah...our aunt likes to knit sweaters.” He said with a sigh, “Honestly, we didn’t like it, but we kept it regardless. Obviously.”

“So, this is...you.” Jongyul pointed at the male with a red cap and wearing the red, knitted, sweater. “Right?”

“Ha, no. I’m the one in the green.” He pointed at the one next to the one wearing red. “That is my eldest brother...Hwang Daewon. The one in yellow is the middle child, Hwang Joowon.”

“Wow! This is really the first time seeing triplets.” Namjin said, “It would be cool --”

“Wait, how do we know you’re not Daewon right now? Or Joowon.” Jongyul narrowed his eyes at the other, causing him to lean back as Jongyul proceeded to lean forward. Namjin rolled his eyes, and jabbed him on the side. “Owwie!!”

Chiwon chuckled, “I am Hwang Chiwon, that's for sure.” He placed the photo on top of the bedside table. The three finished putting away their things, the members headed out for dinner together. It brought joy that Namjin was able to be friends with other trainees, considering it was difficult for him in the beginning. The members treated him with kindness, not because he was the son of Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin, but because they genuinely enjoy his company.

As they finished dinner, Namjin checked his watch. ‘Seven...hm.’ He pursed his lips, ‘He should be in still.’ He got up, pushing in his chair.

“Namjin?”

The said person looked up at the eldest member, Taejoon. ‘His voice is so deep, scares me sometimes.’ He thought, mentally chuckling at the thought. “Yes?”

“You done?”

“Un. I’m head to Su-HOPE really quick. To ask my uncle something.” He said, lying to his team.

“Okay...but will you be alright?” Cheol asked with concern. “It is night time.”

“I’ll be fine. I’ll meet you all back at the dorms.”

“Okay.” Seungheon said, “Be safe.” He said in between chews.

“I will.” Namjin bid farewell to the others. He exited the restaurant, and started to head towards Su-HOPE. ‘Even though I haven’t actually debuted...this will still count.’ He started to pick up his pace, now jogging to Su-HOPE’s building.

Once he made it to the building, he opened the door, greeting the secretary as he entered. “Evening, Namjin.” The secretary said, “you’re uncles are still in.”

“Ah is that so. Great!” Namjin beamed, “Good to know. Thank you.”

The secretary nodded her head, and started to pack up her things for the night. Namjin made his way over to the elevator, pressing the up button. ‘I hope that Seon is still here though.’ As the doors opened, he stepped inside, feeling his heart racing a bit. ‘Hnn, times like this, my nerves are going out of control.’ “Okay, Namjin, calm thyself.” As he pressed the button to head over to the recording studio floor, and the doors closed.

The doors opened once he reached the floor and Namjin stepped out. He was now just steps away from meeting up with Seon. Namjin sighed, ‘It has been a difficult two years...Seon was busy, I was busy...our meetups weren’t frequent as much as I wanted it to be, but that can’t be helped.’ The more he approached the occupied recording box, he could feel his hands shake and his heart beating rapidly. The thought of Seon not returning his feelings hurt him, but his uncle Taehyung was right. He would never know, unless he tells him.

‘Is he...in?’ Namjin glanced towards the door, seeing that it was occupied. He peered into the small window, seeing Seon was, in fact, working. ‘Probably for our debut song? I feel so bad...he is working on our debut and his stuff.’ “He doesn’t mind?” He whispered to himself, a bit concerned on Seon’s health. ‘Ah!! I should have brought him drinks and snacks!! Should I go back? Argh, the nearest convenience store is far though! O-Oh man, I should have bought some first!!’ While Namjin was in a midst of panicking, he glanced up once again in the window, looking inside to see Seon looking right back at him with a concerned expression.

Embarrassed, Namjin’s cheeks turned red. He waved his hand. ‘Dear gods...shoot me please. Thanks.’

‘What is Namjin doin’?’ Seon thought as he checked his watch, ‘Ten minutes ‘till seven-thirty...erm…’ He turned back to see Namjin still waving. ‘Okay?’ He gestured for Namjin to come inside the recording studio. Namjin did just that, closing the door behind him gently. “Is everything okay? What are you doing here?” Seon asked, pulling a seat for Namjin to sit on.

“E-Eh...um...well…” He started to fumble with his fingers out of nerves, “I-I...is this a bad time?”

“Not...really. I mean, I was taking a break.” Seon said, letting out a small yawn, “Anyway, did you need to see your uncles or something?”

Namjin huffed, “If I needed to see my uncles, I would have went straight to them and not come here.” He said as his cheeks continued to heat up, ‘Okay, I need to just get this over with or else I won’t be able to go through with it.’ “U-Um...okay, you...you remember two years ago...that I needed to tell you something important?”

“I think so.” Seon nodded his head, “Oh yeah, you said that you had something to tell me, but you wouldn’t tell me until you debuted.”

“Y-Yes...well, I debuted...erm, sorta. I mean, I am technically going debut, b-but anyway, as I was saying, I debuted, and I can finally tell you what I wanted to tell you.”

“Oh? Okay.” Seon turned in his seat, giving Namjin his undivided attention. “What is it?”

‘Why does he have to fully look at me?!’ Namjin was sure that his blush was promident, “U-Uh...well...um…I…”

“Hm?” Seon raised his eyebrow, concerned with the other’s delay of words. “Do you still need time?” He asked as he propped his elbow on the table and letting his head rest against his hand.

“H-Hu?”

“You know, you don’t need to rush on this. Whatever it is, you know. I can wait.”

“N-No! I mean, no. I need to tell you now.”

“Need to tell me? Is it that important?”

“Yes!!”

“Okay, okay.” Seon calmed the other, “Okay. I’ll listen.”

Namjin shakingly, exhaled slowly. He glanced down at his hands, trying his best to focus on his words. He has to do it now. “O-Okay...Seon, I-I like you.” He said in a whisper.

“I’m sorry, what?” He leaned in closer to Namjin, trying his best to get a good look at the other, “Say again?”

‘Seriously?!’ The more Namjin couldn’t look up to face him. “I-I said that I like you.” He repeated in the same tone.

“Eh?” Seon leaned back in his seat, “That’s all?” He asked, as if unfazed with the confession that the other just did.

“Huh?” Namjin was surprised at the response. ‘What a cold response...d-does he not feel the same? I knew that this was stupid!!’ Embarrassed, Namjin stood up, ready to leave the studio, but Seon quickly responded.

“Ah! Wait, wait, wait a minute.” He gently grabbed Namjin by the shoulder, “Hold on. Come sit down again --”

“No.”

“Please sit down...please?” Namjin sighed. He complied, and sat back down on the seat. He didn’t have the courage to look at him, and instead continued to look down at his fingers. Seon continued, “So...you said that you like me?”

Namjin looked away, his blush still on his face. ‘I knew it...I should have just kept my mouth shut.’

“You know that like has two different means you know.”

‘Hm? Two different meanings? Is there?’

Seon saw that he caught Namjin’s attention. He proceeded to say that the word could mean two different things, platonic or romantic. “I just want to know which you mean.” He said with his signature beaming smile. “So, which is it?”

“Wha?” ‘W-Why would he say something like that? Is he teasing me?’ Taken back, Namjin didn’t necessarily know how to take the comment. “D-Doesn’t it seem obvious?”

“Nope.” Seon said, a bit too energetically.

‘Is...he trying to be mean?’ “I don’t know if you are being dumb or what, but what I’m doing is pretty obvious.” He stood up, “If you didn’t like me at all, you could have just said something.”

“H-Huh?”

“You know, what I’m doing takes guts for a lot of people. You’re acting very impolite. A rejection would have sufficed, but here you are teasing me!”

“Whoa, look, Namjin...hold on. I-I didn’t mean it like that.” He reached over and gently grabbed Namjin by the hand, “What I said...okay, it didn’t come out right and I’m sorry.”

Almost on the verge of tears, Namjin glanced down at his lap. “If you didn’t like me, that’s fine. I understand…”

Seon sighed; he let out a soft chuckle. “Silly…” He ruffled Namjin on the head. “I knew.”

‘Huh? Knew?’ “W-Wait you said ‘knew’?”

“Ah...erm, okay...don’t be mad. This was two days after you told me that you had something to tell me, but you wouldn’t tell me until you debuted. Well, your uncle Taehyung came over to Su-HOPE, thinking that you already confessed and all. So, he asked. Of course, I wasn’t sure what he was talking about and from there he told me.”

“He...did...what?” Namjin’s eyes grew wide, a blush forming on his face and shocked at what his uncle did.

“He...told me that you were going to confess. U-Unknowingly though! He thought that you did already. And I told him ‘no’, that you didn’t confess to me or anything. I was so shocked, but I remembered what you wanted to tell me  something important when you debut, so I waited until you were ready to tell me. I didn’t want to come up to you and say it because it felt personal.”

“So...all in all...you knew that I loved you…”

“Y-Yes.”

“And my uncle Taehyung told you…”

“Correct -- wait, love?!” Seon’s faced blushed, yet Namjin didn’t notice.

Namjin paused a bit. ‘Uncle...did this? He...exposed my secret?!’ “I’m going to rip his ing hair out!” Namjin huffed, embarrassed and shocked that Seon knew for two years. ‘Uncle did this?! How could he do this to me?! And he didn’t have the audacity to tell me that he told Seon?!’ “I’m really going to ring his neck!” Namjin exclaimed, still flustered, “I cannot believe this! So, all this time...you knew -- wh-why is your face red?”

“B-Because you said ‘love’! Now that is totally different than ‘like’! You love me?!”

“I-I...I-I…,” Namjin placed his hands on his cheeks, “w-what did I say earlier? Um...i-it’s love...alright...love. P-Problem?”

‘Absolutely not,’ Seon shook his head, ‘my heart is pounding hard, holy !’ He glanced back at Namjin seeing him all flustered. He reached out, grabbing Namjin’s hand. ‘Wow, he’s shaking.’

“W-Well…” Namjin asked.

Seon gave a soft smile, “Even though you said ‘like’ first, I knew what you meant.” He gave a chuckled towards the other, “Again I was trying to be funny...of course I’m not that funny…” he sighed, “anyway...your confession…”

Namjin held his breath, worried about Seon’s answer. He then started to have worries run in his mind. Everything was on the line. ‘My relationship with him is going to change from here on out.’ His heart started to beat even faster, ‘What if he says he doesn’t like me back? I know that I sounded okay if he rejected me...but I-I don’t know how I’m going to take it —‘

“Namjin? Did you hear me?”

“Huh? I-I’m sorry...w-what was that?”

Seon started to form a smile on his face; he chuckled. “Judging from your worried face...you were thinking more of the negative side of this. I said that...that I loved you way before you even realized it. Um, it may sound like it was love at first sight...which surprised me because I don’t believe in such a thing like that.” He shrugged his shoulders, but continued while still holding onto Namjin’s hand, “but it is different with you. So, so different. I can’t even explain it. The more I spent time with you, the more I thought…’wow, I love him a lot!’.”

‘Love?!’ Namjin’s cheeks reddened. “L-Love at that time?!"

It was Seon’s turn to blush; he laughed, “How great is this? Requited love.”

“T-That makes me…so happy!” Namjin lunged over, hugging Seon tightly. “I was scared. Worried that...you know, rejection hurts a lot. And our relationship will change...I was worried that we might become estranged because of this.” He buried his head against Seon’s shoulder, “I didn’t want that to happen. I do enjoy our time together. Really I do! Even if I didn’t express it that well.”

“Even though you sounded so brave and okay if I did reject you.” Seon hummed, comforting Namjin as he patted his back. “I’m just happy that our feelings are mutual. Thank god!” He leaned back and pecked Namjin on the forehead, causing sudden blush on the younger’s face.

“Ahem.”

‘Hu?’ Namjin raises his eyebrow, “Was that you?”

“N-No.” Seon said nervously. “It sounded like your uncle though.” He whispered, but enough for Namjin’s uncle to hear.

“May I ask what you two are doing...by yourselves...in the recording studio...at this time? Hm?”

Namjin looked over his shoulder, seeing Yoongi by the door with his bag and coat. “W-What are you doing here?”

“Well, I’m done for the day —“

“W-Why so late?! I-I didn’t think you’ll still be here!” Flustered that his uncle saw him and Seon together, forgetting the fact that his uncles were still in the building, ‘And I’m still holding him!!’ Namjin released his grip on Seon and stood up immediately. He stepped back a bit, looking away to avoid his uncle seeing his blushed face.

“I had work that needed to be finished. I knew that Seon was here working on your debut track. I was going to tell him that I’ll be taking my leave. I didn’t expect to see you here.” Yoongi places his hand on his hip, “I must remind you...your contract forbids relationships between idols.”

“Hm!!” Namjin’s shocked expression caused Yoongi to chuckle a bit, “W-Wait! How do you even —“

“Taehyung gets excited about things like this. Couldn’t keep his mouth shut. Your uncle Hoseok and I were in the room when he asked Seon about your supposed confession.”

“Oh my god...Uncle Hoseok knows too?”

“Yup.” Namjin covered his face, groaning at the embarrassment. Yoongi chuckled once more. He reached over and patted Namjin on the head. “But seeing you two all happy, I’m guessing that everything went well.”

Seon nodded enthusiastically, “Erm, well...I sorta made him a bit mad, but that was a misunderstanding and stupid on my part.” He weakly let out a laugh, before clearing his throat. He stood up from his chair, facing Yoongi. “I-I just want to let you know...that I will take care of Namjin. I really like him. A lot. And I assure you that I would never do anything to hurt him. I’ll even protect him!”

“From?”

“U-Um...bad...guys?” Seon said, feeling embarrassed. Yoongi crossed his arms as he nodded his head as if he approved Seon’s answer. “Erm…”

“That is all great. And knowing you for a couple of years...you are truly a good guy. Hardworking, considerate, and you’re very lovable. How you fell for a guy like Namjin...who is the complete opposite is beyong me.” He joked.

“Hey!” Namjin interjected, “I’m hardworking, considerate, and lovable too!”

“Now. You are those things now...and maybe it was because of Seon.” Yoongi hummed as he nodded his head once more, “Yeah. That has to be it.” He smirked, before letting out a small laugh. “Ah you know I’m just kidding... you two, it worked out well.” Yoongi clears his throat, “Back to what you were saying Seon, I have no doubt that you will give all your love and, as you said, protection to Namjin. But I’m probably not the right person to tell of this.”

“Hu?”

“You know that Namjin has parents.”

“I...um...r-right…?”

“Yeah, best for you to tell them. Right?”

Seon’s eyes widened, realizing that Yoongi was right. “R-Right.” He said nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. His eyes widen, “Oh god, you think that they will like me?”

“Huh?”

Seon started to panic at the thought of meeting the two notable music producers in the States. "Do they have expectations of what their son’s significant other would be? I mean I don’t have any bad records...I’m a good kid. I’m well liked." He rambled; the more he thought about, the more he started to worry that Namjin’s parents might not like him. Both Yoongi and Namjin saw how Seon was acting, which caused Namjin to laugh, seeing how Seon was in a panic in meeting his parents. He quickly hugged him, assuring the other the taller that everything would be fine.

Yoongi took the opportunity to slip out of the recording studio and take his leave. He walked down the hallway to the elevators, smiling warmly that his nephew was happy. He pressed the button, waiting for the elevators.

‘Hm?’ Yoongi felt his phone vibrating. He took it out from his pocket, ‘oh? A call.’ He pressed the green button. “Hello?”

“Min Yoongi!!”

The sudden screech from the other line scared the other, causing him to pull the phone away from his ear, ‘holy !’ “Hey, Kim Seokjin, why are you yelling? That hurt.”

“Why is Hoseok and Taehyung telling me that Namjin has a boyfriend?! And who the is this Daegun Seon?! Huh?!”

“Huh?”

“Don’t...don’t you dare start with me Min Yoongi.”

The evelators opened and Yoongi stepped inside. “Oh, sorry Seokjin...I’m in an elevator right now...the connection will be cut off.”

“Wha?”

“Seon is a good boy, alright. Your son’s ity will still be intact...maybe.”

“Yoongi!!”

“Okay, bye. I’m in an elevator. Don’t call me, bye.” With that, Yoongi quickly hung up his phone. He burst into laughter, wiping a tear in the process, “oh god...I’m going to get it tomorrow for sure.” He continued a hearty laugh as he pressed 'closed' on the panel.

--- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) --- (NAMJIN) ---

The End.

Author Coffeemilk corner: Yay, introducing oc, Namjin, the eldest son of RM & JIN. Eventually, fics of his two siblings will come.