Adrenaline

Adrenaline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo was Sana's adrenaline

She didn't know if it was the way her heart leapt out of her chest the first time she saw the brunette 

Sana was nervous, oh she definitely was. Signing a contract and possibly devoting the rest of her life to being a Kpop star? That's unnerving for sure. 

But signing this contract in the same room as the most beautiful person she's ever seen made it so much worse. What if she embarrasses herself in front of that gorgeous brunette? What if she dropped the pen, what if she tripped over the chair on her way out? There were too many possibilities of her messing up. And while she was used to it, boy she definitely did not want a goddess to see that. 

She couldn't even see said goddess' face clearly, only about half of it - another person was blocking her view. But the brief glance she shared with the brunette when she came in was enough for Sana's heart to flutter. 

She heaved a sigh of relief after signing the contract without any problem. "Now I just have to get out of the room without tripping on anything, you can do this," she thought to herself, "Wait why do I even care, she's probably the same as I am, a young Japanese girl hoping for a better future as a Korean star." She shook her head and determinedly stood up.

She was so concentrated on not tripping over the leg of her chair that she completely ruled out the possibility of bumping into someone and falling down, and welp, exactly that happened.

"Are you okay?" said a voice. "Damn it!! I was doing so well, I hope that girl is gone already, what if we end up training together and she remembers this incident?!" she was internally freaking out. "Erm, excuse me?" the same voice asked again. Sana looked up and her heart started beating so fast she didn't know it was humanly possible. "Er, yes, I, yeah, it's my fault, yeah." she managed to breathe out while taking in the information that the person she just bumped into was the goddess she totally did not want to embarrass herself in front of. 

The brunette laughed, "Be careful next time," she smiled and walked away.

And at that exact moment, Sana knew that she had signed up for a whole lot of trouble.

Or if it was the way Momo calls her name.

The beautiful brunette was at the back of Sana's mind when she entered the company. So naturally seeing the gorgeous brunette came as a shock to her. And boy oh boy, was the shock only increased further when she found out that they were going to be training together. 

"Oh hey you're that girl who tripped. Hi, I'm Momo!" the brunette brightly introduces herself and offers her hand for a handshake. "Good job Sana, now she remembers you as the-girl-who-tripped," Sana thought. "You seem to think a lot, don't you?" Momo raised an eyebrow, her hand still stretched out for that handshake. "Oh, sorry, I'm Sana," Sana sheepishly smiled and shook her hand. 

"Sana," Momo said as she nodded her head, "It sure is nice to know that I'm not the only one with terrible Korean, I mean, assuming your Korean is as bad as mine?" Momo awaited a reply, but Sana seemed to be dazed, yet again. Her heart was beating like crazy. "Why does my name sound so angelic when she says it. Oh my god, no Sana she's just pretty you don't actually like her. You're here to chase your dreams not chase after a girl!" she reprimanded herself before saying, "My Korean is pretty bad too, but I guess we can learn and improve together then!" she put on her brightest smile.

Momo chuckled, "You know, I didn't expect you to be so cheerful. You were pretty quiet at the meeting in Japan. But yes, let's work hard together, Sana," she giggled. 

Hearing this goddess say her name without spacing out might need some getting used to. 

It could've also been the way Momo stuck with her despite getting so much attention from the other trainees

At some point in her trainee life, Sana noticed that everyone was so good looking.

The male trainees were all super attractive, and the female trainees were drop-dead gorgeous. 

Sana eventually got used to being by Momo's side all the time, and her heart finally managed to not skip a beat whenever Momo called her name.

Even so, she still thought Momo was the prettiest and best trainee there was. She was certain every trainee thought the same. Heck, even the popular bunch of trainees wanted Momo to join them in all of their after-training hang outs. 

The thought of Momo going off with someone else that wasn't her made Sana feel slightly sulky. Despite feeling like she could smash through a boulder if Momo did go out with them, she told Momo that she was fine alone and encouraged her to mix around. 

But Momo rejected all of their invitations so she could go home and relax with Sana, "it'll be more fun with you" were her exact words, and that made Sana feel so blessed for finding a friend in Hirai Momo. 

Or if it was the way Momo poured everything out to her.

JYP had this monthly evaluation thing and Sana luckily managed to finish it without any harsh comments. Momo, on the other hand, had her self-confidence destroyed when the dance trainer said that Momo could dance, but so could every other trainee. 

For someone who took pride in her dancing, this was a crushing blow. Momo was naturally devastated and cried, a lot. She became less bubbly and more quiet. 

Sana knew she had to do something. So she set up a nice area on her rooftop for them to watch stars, because watching stars always cheered her up. Included in that area was Momo's possible favourite thing in the world, jokbal. 

Aside from needing to physically drag Momo out of the dance room with the strength she never knew she had, it was an otherwise relaxing night. Momo hugged her so tight she swore she was going to die in Momo's arms, not that she really minded that. 

Momo told her how damaging that comment was to her, how she was determined to bounce back and prove the dance trainer wrong. They also talked about galaxies, constellations, dreams and everything in between. 

And at that moment, a spark started in her heart and Sana was convinced that she wanted to be there for Momo for the rest of her life.

Or how Momo tried convincing her that she was going to survive, even without Momo.

Sana hated SIXTEEN. She loathed how unfair it was. 

They were putting her against the people she's trained with, the people she's worked hard with, the people she has learned to love. No part of that was fair. 

She wanted to debut, of course she did, but she wanted to debut with all of them, not see them get eliminated one by one. 

When Momo got eliminated, everyone was shocked beyond words. It was unsaid, but everyone expected her, along with the remaining members of 6mix, to debut. 

The announcement was absolutely heartbreaking for 3 girls in particular - Momo, Sana and Mina. The three of them were the only Japanese girls in SIXTEEN, and just a few days prior they talked about not getting eliminated. 

They also knew how hard Momo worked for the stage which caused her elimination. She never stopped practising with all her heart, she probably practised more than anyone else. 

And yet, unlike everyone else, she was the one who got eliminated. Life was unfair. 

All of them cried. All of them felt so much pain for Momo, but ultimately, no one actually knew how Momo felt. 

So when the cameras were turned off, Sana went to Momo's side and gave her a hug as tight as, if not tighter than the one Momo gave her the last time she felt like a wreck. Mina also ran to them and joined in the hug.

"How are we supposed to continue doing our best when we know how goddamn unfair this entire thing is?" Mina, still with tears in her eyes, cried. "Yeah, how are we supposed to survive without you with us, Momo?" Sana managed to let out in between sniffles. 

"Both of you will do just fine, I know it. You'll survive, even without me. I mean, you're Sana, and you're Mina. Both of you are more than amazing. You'll do super well and carry on our dream, won't you?" Momo's lips curved up slightly, but Sana knew that her resolve to be fine was breaking. 

Mina cried out loud and just clung onto Momo like she was her last breath. "It's not our dream if you're not in it," Sana looked away from Momo and confidently said, "Surviving is something else, but we're definitely going to kill it out there," as if it didn't kill her on the inside just imagining achieving her dream without Momo in it, as if she didn't feel like breaking down.

Sana was going to work doubly hard, for herself, for her dream, and for Momo. 

Or the way Momo trembled when she was overcome with happiness

When Momo was announced as the last member of TWICE, Sana and Mina hugged each other and burst into tears simultaneously. 

Sana and Mina both dreamt about this, about how JYP realises his mistake and adds Momo to the end lineup, but they always only thought of it as a dream. There was no way it would've came true. 

So when this dream really did come true, they felt overwhelmed. This was too good to be true. 

But when Momo came up on stage and Jihyo and Chaeyoung went t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter