Last Chapter

Finally
February 6, 6:38 PM...

It's been over a week since the incident happened. The memory still haunts me. I can't believe it happened. Byulie was hit by a truck. I shouted but it's too late. I miss her.

The knock on my door woke me up to reality. I opened the door and saw Solar. She's just standing there quietly while staring at the floor.

"Do you wanna come in?" I asked her, but received nothing as response. Instead, she gave me the box she was holding and looked at me with sadness and guilt in her eyes.

She walked away after giving me the box. I don't know what happened to her. Since the incident, she's been quiet and didn't contact me. I respect her decision so I gave her time and space because we are both grieving because of Byul's death.

I opened the box and saw a letter, video tape, cd and a small box. I opened the letter first. I was shocked... it was from Byul addressed to me.

'Hi, Wheein-ah! How are you doing? I hope you are doing great. Are you eating well? You should so you can grow taller! ㅋㅋㅋ I'm just kidding. Well, uhh, I don't really know why I'm writing a letter but yeah. We've been bestfriends, together with Solar, for like I don't know how many years now, and I don't know if you noticed that I became distant since you and Solar got together. Well, yeah, I've been busy these past few weeks, so sorry if I can't hang out with and besides, I think you should spend more time with Solar. And I can't look at you everyday, Wheerun. Your smile, your eyes, your nose, everything about you. I can't look at your perfect face but I wish I can see them everyday. Wow, that's confusing. I just can't look at you because I might fall harder, but how I wish I'm the one who can look at you at random times. Hahaha, okay. I'm really bad at writing letters but I tried. I'm sorry if I become distant. Forgive me. 

                                                                                                                                - Byulie☆ '

A tear dropped on the letter. How can she still be greasy even in letters? Yeah, Byul. You became distant and I thought I did something wrong. I hate you. 

I, then, get the video tape and played it on the tv. It was Byul.

"Wheein-ah... Ugh. That sounds bad." Byul said to the camera while starting over again.

I giggled at that. She can't really express herself very well. After some video of her trying again, the video was cut and it was still Byul, looking at the camera sincerely.

"Wheein-ah, I want to say that you're so beautiful and I know that you know it. From the first day I met you, I was mesmerized. I thought I was already in heaven because I saw an angel with angelic voice. We became bestfriends, with Solar, until now that we are already working. And then, you guys told me that you are together, and I become distant, right? I don't know what to feel. I felt... disappointed and sad at the same time. There are so many things in my mind when you told me that. I don't know what to do. It felt like, I don't have any purpose in the world anymore. I just can't believe it. I can't believe that I can't have the girl I've been inlove with since the first day I met her. I can't have you anymore. I even asked myself, 'If I confessed earlier, would you choose me instead?' I felt stupid for asking that. I should be happy for you guys. I tried to be happy, but I just can't. You know, Wheein, I fell inlove with you, deeply... and I knew I can't swim."

Tears are uncontrollably streaming down my face. You're so stupid, Byulie! Why didn't you tell me all about this? You're the most stupid person I've ever met. Now all I can do is cry here. 

I played the cd. It was the recording of us going to the beach. I watched carefully, then I noticed that the video was focused on me. Everytime I laugh or smile, everytime I give Solar hugs and kisses because of her playfulness, the curiosity and excitement in my eyes while Solar's doing her magic trick, it was all filmed. Everything was about me. 

The video continued to play. Then it was the time that Solar asked me to pick a card and she will find the queen/king of that card. The video shows Solar finding the card then Byul filmed her shoes. Under her shoes is the card Solar has been finding, the King of Hearts.

I cried harder when I saw that. It was her. I knew it was her.

"Love of your life, huh?" Byul said to herself and walked away. She's walking away absent-mindedly that she didn't notice she's already in the road. We followed her that time. Then I heard my voice at the back together with a loud horn.

The camrecorder was dropped and filmed the bloody Byul. She went closer to the camera and picked it up. 

I pause the video. I can't watch it anymore. I can't stand seeing her hurt. Why didn't you tell me? I have many things to tell you, many things to show you, but now I don't have the chance to. I wanted to say I love you too. Solar confessed to me and I can't reject her because she needed someone that time. I love you too, Byulie. Why did you leave me?

Then, the small box caught my attention. Curiosity filled my body, I reached for it. The time I opened it, I can't stop crying. It was a ring, with M❤W engraved on it. Why, Byul? Why didn't you tell me about your feelings? Why did you make it hard for yourself? I have so many questions to ask you, but you left me. 

I played the video and watched it until the end.

"I love you, Wheein. Ah, I said it... finally." With all the blood on her body, she smiled at the camera. That smile... I will never see it again. 

                                                                                ∆

Note: It's done! Yay! Sorry for all the mistakes. I'll edit it if I have free time. ㅋㅋ so, how was it? I hope you enjoyed the story. (^。^) I will do my best to write more Mamamoo stories and fill your satisfaction. Again, thank you for reading/subscribing. Comments are truly appreciated. I love you, everyone. 안녕! (^ω^)丿here's your wheebyul!