Prejudice

Coffee Steps

Silence ensued and brought fear into Luhan’s heart. Minseok was clearly thinking very hard about what he just said, and it made Luhan worry. He thought that Minseok would bombard him with questions, but only silence hung between them. 

“That’s okay that you’re in love with both of us,” Minseok said with a hint of sadness, “But I don’t think we could ever be together.”

Shocked Luhan replies, ‘Why not? Is it because I’m a hybrid. Are hybrids not allowed to be in love with humans?” Tears sprung to his eyes and Luhan turns away from Minseok, ignoring any words that he could possibly reply as he ran away from him.

Running to Baekhyun's apartment, he bangs on the door with tears streaming down his face. He lets out a sob as Baekhyun opens the door.

"I'm so stupid, why did I fall in love with a human?" He sobs as Baekhyun practically drags him into the apartment. He lays Luhan down the couch and sits down on the floor so he could be near the distressed Luhan.

Petting Luhan's hair Baekhyun hushes any words that would spill from Luhan's mouth. Baekhyun could smell the distress emanating from Luhan and felt bad for him. Not wanting to bring it up to further upset him, Baekhyun tries to remain calm as he threads his fingers through Luhan's hair. Baekhyun continued doing this until Luhan fell asleep.

Since Baekhyun and Minseok did become friends while he worked up at the cash register, they exchanged numbers long ago. They texted each other and talked about Luhan a lot. Baekhyun thought that they both loved Luhan, but he guesses he was wrong. Perhaps it was only curiosity that led him to lead Luhan on, taking him out for dinner. Sighing, Baekhyun calls someone he'd rather never talk to again after what he did to Luhan. He picks up the phone and Baekhyun's forced to control his anger before speaking.

"Hello Minseok, what happened to Luhan?" He questions coldly.

A sniffle is heard on the other side of the line and suddenly Baekhyun questions himself of what might've happened. "I hurt Luhan. He said that he loved both of us and I got jealous. I said something along the lines of, 'I'll never be able to be together with him,' and he ran away. Is he okay? Is he still crying?"

"He fell asleep just now, and I hope you know that Luhan did struggle to come to that realization. I did too. I'm also in love with the both of you, but I'd rather protect and defend someone who I know would get hurt. You never thought about the both of us romantically? Are you ignorant to the fact that hybrids are used to being in polyamorous relationships? Humans are so influenced by religion to not believe that someone could love more than one person, and be perfectly fine. In all offense, I believe that you should've thought things over before hurting him like that," Baekhyun says letting his anger explode. He can't stand it when people get hurt due to others, even more so with people he's close with. Although he loves Minseok, Luhan is more important to him. They're both hybrids, so they know the prejudice that comes with being one. Having a human put them down puts them in distress then even other hybrids feel the need to calm each other down. It's a simple fact that humans don't even try to understand.

Hearing a deep breath on the other side of the line, Baekhyun tunes in to hear what Minseok has to say about that.