Chapter 8

Blood Stained Roses

It has been the struggle to write this chapter. Oh My God,I didn't even know how I was going to move on from chapter seven but here I am with chapter 8 for you guys. I hope y'all enjoy it and please savor it because it may be a while before I can update again. All your comments really helped me, are appreciated, and thank you for sticking with me. :D


 

The weeks following the press-conference were hell for the company and for Nam Soon. He had no one to blame but himself, really. He just couldn’t allow Omegas around the world to be subjugated to a narcotic concocted by a bunch of Alphas who only cared about the bottom line. There was also the fact that if he had lied, it would have played on his conscience for the rest of his life, and he already had enough guilt for several lifetimes. Unfortunately,  Heung Soo did not feel the same way. If Nam Soon was being honest, he would have much preferred Heung Soo to scream and shout about the irrevocable damage he caused to the company and to his reputation. However, that did not happen at all. Instead, Heung Soo quietly eyed him, his eyes clouded over with… well, that was the thing, his expression was blank. There was no anger, no disappointment, not even irritation. His face was blank, as he quietly made his way to his study and locked the door behind him.

At first Nam Soon only shrugged it off. Of course, Heung Soo didn’t want to speak with him after what he pulled in the press conference. He had the right to be angry but in the end, that was Heung Soo’s problem to deal with. If his husband didn’t understand why he did what he did then that was his own problem. ...Until it wasn’t.

Nam Soon stood at the front door, his brows furrowed in confusion and blossoming fury. He never knew his husband to joke but if this was his first attempt, then it sure as hell wasn’t funny. His black bag was packed, swaying back and forth on the steel knob as if mocking him. He could just hear it saying, “You wanted to leave several weeks ago and now you can leave for real.”

He was rigid, stiff with shock. Was this really happening? No, this is a bad joke. Whoever did this, he was surely going to reprimand them heavily. As he stood there taking in the sight of his bag he almost missed the light footsteps of a maid. Hurriedly, he swiveled grabbing her forearms and slight shaking her.

“What kind of sick prank is this?!” He growled, his eyes aglow with rage.

The girl was startled, but he knew. He could tell she knew what was happening from the way she avoided his eyes. Once more he shouted at her shaking her harder before he felt her snatched away from his grasp.

Nam Soon looked up, his eyes wild and his fists balled at his sides.

“Heung Soo, what the is this?!”  Heung Soo didn’t answer. Instead, he glanced at the shaken maid and asked her if she was okay, completely ignoring a seething Nam Soon. He gave her a slight smile before lightly urging her to continue on her way.  The Alpha refused to look at Nam Soon his eyes trained on the maid who was leaving the scene. Oh no, Nam Soon wouldn’t allow Heung Soo to disregard him this time. He was going to get answers if he had to fight Heung Soo for them. He shouted once more, this time his vocal cords pleading with him to take it easy.

“Heung Soo, “ He motioned to his bag on the door, “What is that?!”

A few seconds passed before Heung Soo slowly turned his attention to the Omega., his face just as blank as the day he found out about Nam Soon’s little stunt. He ran a hand over his stubble covered jaw before finally answering.

“It looks like your bag on the door.”

   Nam Soon’s nostrils flared, “You think this is funny? Why are my things at the door?!”

   Heung Soo shrugged looking bored with their current conversation.

   “Ya know, now that I look at this scene, yeah, it is kind of funny. Considering you were ready to get the hell out of here some weeks ago and now that I’m giving you what you want you’re upset. Also, you know exactly why this is happening.”

   Nam Soon shook his head, his hair which he had carefully styled unfurling from their slicked back places. This was crazy, Heung Soo couldn’t possibly be kicking him out over what he said at the conference. No, that wasn’t his fault. Heung Soo knew where he stood on the issue and forced his hand. That’s exactly what happened and now weeks after the event, Heung Soo decided it was a good time to get rid of him? NO! Heung Soo was the one being petty and childish this time and he would prove it.

   He crossed his arms over his chest and glared. If a single glare could kill, Heung Soo would surely be laying on the floor, unmoving. They stared at one another in silence until Nam Soon formulated the perfect verbal attack. If he wanted to win this argument, he would need to calm down and be tactful. Heung Soo with his years of being a businessman would already have an upper hand but Nam Soon had three years of talking his way out of becoming a slave. He caught Heung Soo eyes and sighed holding up his hands as a sign of peace.

   “Heung Soo,” He called sweetly, “I understand you’re angry. I messed up the conference and made you and the company look dumb, but you must know I had good intentions.”  The Alpha slowly nodded and Nam Soon wasn’t sure if it was in agreement or just to go through the motion. Whichever one it was Nam Soon used it to boost his confidence and continued speaking, “As an Omega, I have a job to protect my kind-”

   Heung Soo interrupted, squinting at the Omega.

   “What do you mean, your kind?” He made air quotes.

   Nam Soon was caught off guard unaware of the cord he had struck within in his partner.

   “My kind, other Omegas. I have the ability to voice how they feel and if I didn’t do that, then I would just be another airhead Omega that people think doesn’t care because he has status. I don’t blame you for not understanding that I did what I had to do.”

   Nam Soon finished, his lips spread into a smirk and his brow raised at the idea that he told Heung Soo off. It felt good. Really good. For the first time, he felt free and like he had gotten his point across, but now the ball was in Heung Soo’s court and he definitely wanted to see what the Alpha would come up with.

   Heung Soo quietly watched the Omega his lips turning up in a grin and his shoulders moving with silent laughter.

   “I don’t know what’s more pathetic, the fact that you think I would just let my board do something that I know hurts Omega’s or that you obviously have no clue how business works.” Heaving a sigh, he shook his head in exasperation. “I don’t know what I expected. I picked you up off the street, I should have lowered my expectations for you by tenfold. Let me explain something to you Nam. Soon.” He stepped forward slightly crowding the Omega. He could clearly see the anxiety in the Omega but that no longer mattered. “I’ve been in this business far longer than you. I know when to let my opponent think they have won and I know when to strike first and yet, you with your brilliantly  stupid ideas ruined that at the conference.”

   Nam Soon ignored the urge to step back and back down. He wouldn’t give in. He needed to let Heung Soo know he meant business.

   “Heung Soo, as your husband, I implore you to think about my position.”

   “Implore? What a big word to use. As for that husband bull, you can stop now. As your impulsive actions have spoken, you only care about yourself. Great news for you though,  now all you have to do is care about yourself. I’ve already taken the liberty to pack your , now please vacate the premises or I will call law enforcement.”

   Nam Soon’s jaw dropped as he looked back at his bag draped across the handle. Heung Soo couldn’t do that. They were married. Surely he couldn’t do that. Right?

   Nam Soon gazed into Heung Soo’s eyes but only found resolution there. , this was serious, he was being forced out like trash. Nononononononon! He had no place to go if he was kicked out. He would have to wonder on the streets and become a beggar. He could go to Kang Joo but he didn’t want to do that to her, force her to house him at her house. What could he do? There was nothing, he needed to think of something, and he did.

Without dwelling on it too long, he grabbed a hold of Heung Soo and pressed their lips together. It wasn’t a searing kiss, his Alpha wouldn’t allow that, but he could at least put some of the feelings he couldn’t voice into it. The kiss lasted for a moment before the Alpha pushed him away wiping at his thin lips.

“Wow Nam Soon, this is a new low for you. Who would have thought at the prospect of being homeless you would end up using your body as compensation.” The Alpha padded over to the door handing and Nam Soon his bag and opening the door in one movement.  “Saki is outside and will take you anywhere you want to go but you need to leave this house today.” He pushed the speechless Omega out on to the porch and locked the door behind him.

Nam Soon didn’t know what to say. All he could do was squeeze the strap around his bag and get in the car. He slammed the door ignoring the tears that threatened to spill.