Chapter 14: Our Secret World

My Name is Sandara Park

At YGE Building

Good morning Dara.Wait.. what? Am I hearing it right? Good morning too Minzy'ssi.. I reverted politely. It's our scheduled taping today and Minzy was already here.. such a competitive girl. I heard you've been busy lately?  I'm not even sure if she's sincere or she's mocking me. We all are.. the show is about to air next week.. I responded. She smirked and continued playing on her iPad.. 

 

Oh Dara'ssi.. you're here.. YG wants to see you now in his office.. Jjangmae just burst in  the door of the conference room. I told you.. you've been busy.. Minzy uttered sarcastically. Hul, and I thought she'd changed. But, what's this all about.. uhhhh.. could it be? No way.. it can't be.

 

Flash back earlier

What are you doing here Sandara Park? Jiyong asked and completely baffled. What should I say?  Should I lie? Ugh.. This ain't gonna be good.

 

What's going on? Chaerin just arrived. CL'ssi!! What a surprise! Jiyong uttered. Wait?! Were you two together? Oh.. you're filming, right? Jiyong asked. I got a feeling that this won't end good for all of us. No Ji.. We're not, I replied bluntly. Of all places, why is he even here? Come on Chae.. we have to go. I tried to ignore Ji.. It's just too awkward to explain everything in public. Wait, we're not done yet.. Jiyong exclaimed. 

 

Yes we are.. why is he so persistent? 

 

Dara.. wait.. I'm sorry.. I'm just confuse.. you don't have to leave right away.. I haven't done anything wrong. ​​​​​​He has a point though.. but I couldn't take chances talking in public especially when Chaerin is with meWhat are you doing here then? You looked like you're.. he stopped in the middle of his line while scrutinizing my outfit. Should I answer him and be done with it? Ugh.. this is giving me a headache..

 

She lives here.. you don't know? Oh Chaerinna.. I can smell trouble is approaching fast. Wait! You live here? No, you don't.. What is this Dara? Jiyong was so puzzled and didn't even bother to look at Chaerin. I don't have to explain everything to you right now Ji..  we have to go. Jiyong just grabbed my arm then the people started to gather around us as I struggled to pull my arm back.. They must've notice Jiyong.. or much worse.. CL. Let go of me Ji.. but Jiyong tighten his grip even further. ​​​​​​She said, let go.. what's wrong with you? Chaerin just removed Jiyong's hand over my arm.. 

 

Hey CL'ssi!! I don't wanna be disrespectful but , this is between Dara and me.. Jiyong responded and he sound so upset as I saw Chaerin's eyes glared and was prepared to counter but then.. I hailed a cab.. grabbed Chaerin and push her inside.. GO!! I'll see you later.. Okay?  Chaerin was even more surprised and speechless as the taxi just drove off. Stop this Ji.. there are people watching us. Some are even taking pictures of us. This is not the place to talk.  I pleaded. Jiyong saw my agitation and let go of the moment. Then, I slowly turned my back and went on my way. We still need to talk Dara.. Jiyong muttered from afar.

 

I know.. Ugh.. What have I gotten myself into?

End of Flashback..

 

Good morning sir. I greeted YG first but didn't get a response. He was too busy with his tablet and put it down when he saw me coming inside then shook his head in disbelief. Oh, I have a feeling this is bad.  Dara.. I don't know where to start, the show hadn't even started yet but then youre always on the hotlist for gossips and now your dragging CL with you.

 

Is this about the incident earlier? Is he going to fire me now? Have you seen it? Or even read the articles? They're saying that CL is the third wheel. YG's rubbing his forehead now. Why are you with her early in the morning anyway? Come on Dara think.

 

We went out for a jog.. we're friends. Is there any problem, Sajangnim? Chaerin just arrived in time. Yeah, actually there is. We have to discuss this thoroughly. You are the featured artist CL and seeing both of you together would really give a negative impact to the Project Runway. People might think we are biased and having favoritism.. and I don't want that to happen.. YG explained. 

 

Well.. YG has a point though. From now on. I don't want to see you both together in one place. Well, this is sad. We have arranged that all contestants will occupy the YG dormitory until the show ends. This way, we can control your activities.. and there will be no more scandals. Do I make myself clear Sandara Park? YG exclaimed sternly. I just nodded in agreement.

 

During taping..

The cast and crew were so busy preparing for the shooting, while my head is till nowhere since this morning. I still have to pack my things later. The thought of dorm reminds me of roommates. I miss Bommie. I pinch my nose bridge with my thumb and index finger.. 

 

Hey! Guess what? We're roommates. I lifted my head and saw Minzy smilingly excitedly. What the hell? Do I really need to deal with her right now? Then, I must be the luckiest girl today Minzy.. do you want to celebrate? I responded sarcastically. Minzy's reaction changed sour then she just walked away. A pang of regret just hit me after what I did. My bad, I shouldn't have done that. I saw CL arrived in the dressing room, she completely ignored me as she passed my way. It hurts even though i know its just an act. I went to my workshop room and started to draw some patterns of my designs but then..

 

Pssst.. pssst. I smiled when I saw her peeking out by the door. Hi Chae.. I thought we're not allowed to.. Chae came in so fast and locked the door behind her then hushed me with her index finger placed over my lips. I just wanted to see you for a sec. I guess she's having a hard time as well with the situation we're in. I'm so sorry about earlier. I forgot to tell you about that apartment. I uttered. She moved forward and motioned to give me peck on my lips but I simply shift my face to the side and her lips landed on my left cheek. 

 

Hmmm.. something wrong? Chaerin responded. ​​​​​​I'm sorry.. but we have to be cautious Chae.. I don't want the incident earlier to happen again. I explained. So, I guess this will be our secret world huh? Chaerin mumbled. It just sank into me.. How hard would this be? When we are completely unacceptable in the public's eye that we will be eternally damn for being this way. People will see us as freak. Much worse she's a celebrity, an idol. Reputation is everything for her. Am I really up for the this? Yeah.. I guess so. I uttered with a hint of sadness in my voice.

 

Hey.. Chaerin caressed the side of my cheek with her thumb  and rubbed my lips gently. I want to kiss you right now. She didn't wait for my reply and pulled me closer and smooched her lips to mine.. my bottom lip then bit it lightly before breaking the kiss. ​​​​​​God, what have you done to me? Chaerin whispered in my ear then inhaled my scent deeply. Anyways, I'm here to warn you though. I might be a little harsh to you on the set.. but please don't be offended. She added. ​​​​​I gotta go Dara.. they're calling for me. You might wanna check your drawer. Chaerin gave me a peck on my forehead then walked away still wearing hat cute eye smile.

 

I went to open the drawer and there I saw. Hmmmm.. sweet.. I bit my lower lip as I thought, who could've known..  CL would act this way. I found a single red rose inside my drawer.

 

In YG Dormitory

Oh she's here.. I sighed. The place is cozy and it has two bedroom, thank God. I couldn't imagine sharing a room with her but, come to think of it, Minzy wasn't that aggressive towards me anymore. Though, I could still feel her sarcasm with her responses. The dorm has a small living room with a sofa and center table, kitchen and dining table good for 2-3 person. I went to my room to unpack then I saw Minzy was standing by the door. We need to set some rules around here Dara. I don't want you to come near my room. Don't touch my food. Blah blah blah. I didn't catch everything she said. I just nodded in agreement then continued unpacking then spread myself over my new bed after I put everything in place.

 

Oh Chaerinna, I love saying her name out loud. How am I going to work with her? How could this happened so fast?.. this is just so nuts.. and right now I am missing her already.

 

To: My Baby Rin

Chaerinna.. Are you busy?

I just moved in the dorm and finished unpacking my stuff..

​​I miss you..

I want to see you.. :'(

 

Message sent.

 

I feel like I've become a bit needy.. clingy with her which is kind of  new to me. I never felt like this before. But, after an hour.. nothing.. no reply from her. I was kinda dissappointed though. Is this what its like dating an idol? I whined with the thought.. then..

 

*Ding.. dong..

 

The door bell just rang, I stood up quickly and went to the door so jumpy and excited but Minzy was already there talking to someone outside. It was just  pizza delivery. What was I thinking? 

 

Dara.. un..unnie,  I ordered pizza.. What? Unnie? Is this for real? Why the sudden change? Are you alright Minji-ah? I decided to change my attitude towards her as well. Whatever this is, its a good start, I guess. Its just.. that.. its lonely eating the pizza alone and besides, it's our first night here. So, I.. I.. I just laugh at her reasoning. This is new, I hope it gets better with her. If that's the case.. I'll buy something to drink. I took my coat and went out to the nearby store. It was cold and windy outside. I could see mist coming out from my mouth as I breathe out. While I was walking on the alley.. 

 

Psst.. pssst

 

Oh .. who is that.. I hate this feeling.. I'm nervous right now.. the street light is flickering like that in a suspense movie. But I couldn't see anyone around. My heart skip a beat as I heard the noise again. Now, I'm a bit edgy and regretted my decision of going out alone. I should've drag Minzy with me. I took a deep breath and continued on my way but

 

Ahhhhhh!!! Umppp.. I can't breathe..

 

Shhhh... Shut up!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

So sorry for the low key chapter.. I'll try to pick up the pace next time =_=