Part 1

Online Addiction

            It was the time of the year again when the afternoon was hot and lethargic, and also quiet, saved besides the intermittent clicking sound of the mouse. Eric was wearing a thin white sleeveless undershirt and a sloppy pair of shorts to save him from the heat – because he was too lazy to fix the broken AC since a week ago, which he eventually got used to – and sat with no manner whatsoever in front of the monitor, browsing through his items on sale. He had no job offer for the meantime so he picked up a new hobby; online-selling. He supposed to be napping to forget the heat right then but he was waiting for a customer to arrive. One more thing, he knew he did not supposed to ask costumer to come to his house, but because of the nature of the item, it will save him huge trouble.

            The doorbell ringed. Eric looked at the clock and muttered, “This fella is on time. Good.” He get up lazily and went to open the door.  

            In front of him was a rather short man dressed in a boring grey tracksuit, complete with a worn out hat and more worn out running shoes. Just looking at him made Eric uncomfortably warmer.

            “Mr. Miclarge? Hello, I’m Dane21 ^^. Coming to take my item?” the short man greeted him a little too enthusiastic to his liking. He grunted in accordance and signalled whoever this ‘Dane’ to come in. He was not going to carry all those dumbbells by himself. When he noticed the man did not follow him, Eric turned to look. The man at the door dropped his jaw.

            “You! You are Eric Mun from TV right? The ‘new aspiring young actor’??” Dane talked excitedly. Eric cringed at the last sentence. What the hell with the yada-yada and that weirdo? Just take the stuff and go home already.

            “Almost can’t recognize you with all those stubble!”

            “Yes, I am. Now would you please.”

            “You’re famous! Why would you live in this dump?” Okay that was rude. Just because this apartment was not as grand as what celebrity used to live in, it did not mean it was horrible. Eric just like the solitary tranquillity the isolated place offered and besides, he had a significant here too.

            Dane politely took off his shoes and went to take his dumbbells. Eric was kind enough to provide a free bag, but he did not even help Dane carried that 60kg muscle strainer outside. In fact, he played deaf and let Dane chattered nonsense by himself. If the man could just go home now he can finally take a nap.

            Dane dropped the bag outside and without other invitation, he came back inside and took a couple of hand-fans (Eric got those from his movie production) on the front table. Then, he fished out a pen from his pocket.

            “What a lucky day. Can I have your sign, Mr. Mun?” Eric was taken aback at how oblivious and shameless that man was.

            “Those are MY fans.” Eric retorted in annoyance.

            “Aawh but I have nothing to get your sign on. Pretty please?” The short man looked at him with puppy eyes. That was so childish, but effective.

            Eric rolled his eyes. “Fine, what’s your name?”

            “Kim Dongwan. Ah! Just this one. Please only put your sign on the others.” Eric lifted his eyebrows. “Those are.. for my friends.” ‘Whatever,” Eric muttered and signed the rest. Finally he can sleep..

            “Yah Eric! What are you doing?” a tall slender man with a cute face, most likely radiating a princely vibes, approached them from the narrow corridor. “And who are you?” He looked threatening.

            Eric suddenly became self-aware with what he was wearing there and answered almost hastily, “No one, Sungie. This man is only my costumer.. from that online thingy.”

            Dongwan shivered at how this ‘Sungie’ looked scrutinizingly at him.

            “Oh well.” A smile finally formed on his face, but not for long. “Sorry mister, but this man here is already taken.” His head coolly pointed at Eric while maintaining cold eye-contact with Dongwan.

            “Woah there, I am straight as hell,” Dongwan shot up his hands in surrender. “Don’t worry, though I can understand why you would.” Sungie smiled proudly at Dongwan’s comment.

            “And yourself are cute too,” another unpredictable comment from Dongwan made Hyesung blushed. Eric’s ears perked up and he almost sent his fist flying towards the shortest man, but he was his costumer after all. “Are we settled now?”

            “Yeah! Don’t forget the money.. Thanks for the business Mr. Mun!”

            Eric wondered how that small man was going to carry all those stuff by himself; they were on third floor though. However to his amazement, Dongwan did better than he expected. He wondered how much muscle was hidden behind those ugly tracksuit. And somehow, he was pleased to imagine that guy would suffer under the burning weather with those weights. Both the residents watched the costumer scurried along the corridor until he disappeared to the corner of the stairs.

            Hyesung broke the silence, “He’s weird.” Eric nodded in agreement.

            “By the way why are you wearing this stupid clothes? I told you to fix that AC ages ago,” Eric just chuckled at Hyesung’s nags. Hyesung was his prince so he can nag all he wanted, he would still looked cute.

            “Have you eaten? Come over, I’ve cooked for you,” Hyesung did not bother to make Eric changes his clothes and pulled the giant bear downstairs to his house.

 

 

p/s: This supposed to be oneshot but whatever. Just to set the setting and mood.. next is the real deal ;)