Snip #2: Time alone

Take me home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't know, Soo." Baekhyun sighs. "I've never let him alone before. I don't think I feel comfortable with it."

Kyungsoo chuckles as he sits down next to his brother on the couch, handing him a glass of wine. "He won't be alone, Jongin and I will be with him."

"I know. And it's not that I don't trust you, guys. It's just that... it's hard." Baekhyun mumbles, looking down at his son sitting on his play mat, surrounded by toys.

"I can imagine. But hey," Kyungsoo places a hand on his knee "Chanyeol will only be here for two and a half more weeks, Baek. You need some time alone, as husbands. Chanyeol probably wants you for himself even if it's just for a few hours."

Baekhyun frowns and twitches his lips. "He... hasn't said anything about it."

"Probably because he doesn't dare to say that out loud to you. You know how Chanyeol is, he can yell to a whole entourage of old men but as soon as he's with you, he goes back to be the actual puppy he is." Baekhyun blushes at that and looks away, suddenly finding a lose thread on his shirt very interesting. There's a lot of true on Kyungsoo's words. "But believe me, you need this."

Baekhyun keeps quiet for a while, chewing on his lower lip while he contemplates his brother's words. Kyungsoo is right, he and Chanyeol need some time on their own, as the married couple they are. He gets to see his husband for 30 days out of 365 and even when Baekhyun never voices it out, he misses Chanyeol; not as his son's father, but as his man. Baekhyun misses being touched and kissed by his husband without getting interrupted in the middle of it all by their son; he misses the sweet words and soft lips on his skin─ he shivers at the thought, cheeks heating up upon noticing the knowing look his brother is giving him.

"Getting in the mood already?" Kyungsoo asks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut it." Baekhyun grumbles and then sighs. "Fine. Is this Friday okay?"

"Absolutely." Kyungsoo nods, eagerly.

Baekhyun knows he shouldn't be this nervous. Chanyeol is his husband, they've been married for almost four years and yet, he can't help it; maybe because in the back of his mind he can't erase the fact that he gets to see his husband for a month out of the twelve the year has and that it's simply not enough.

He doesn't blame Chanyeol and he's definitely not having any kinds of doubts about his life, his marriage and his relationship, he did know what he was signing up for when he said yes and let Chanyeol put on an engagement ring in his finger. Baekhyun just wishes they could have more time to share, as a married couple and as the family they are, and that's the main reason he accepted Kyungsoo's proposal of taking care of Eun tonight, because he has to make the most of the little time he has and he's ready to give Chanyeol the best night of his life or at least try to.

Chanyeol had been thrilled when he told him about his plans and as always, Kyungsoo had been right. It is what Chanyeol wanted, he just didn't know how to express himself without offending the older for implying he wanted to get rid of their son for a night.

"It feels weird." Baekhyun comments, breaking the comfortable silence in their car. "Not having Eun in the back seat." He adds, a small smile curling on his lips as he glances back look at the empty car seat.

"You um... do you want to get back? I mean, it’s still early. We’ll probably still find Eun awake, know Jongin, he—"

"No!" Baekhyun shakes his head frantically. "Of course not, I really want us to do this." He reaches for Chanyeol's han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter