of dirt and wallops

How To Deal With Class Clowns 101

 


two.

 


of dirt and wallops

 

 


_______________________________________________________________________________

 

 


»i just didn't know what got into me these days. i never acted like this in my home country, which was surprising because japan was quite known for the stereotype bubbly girls. what the heck happened for me to act like one of those girls? not that the korean girls were any different than the japanese girls—what with the standard aegyo and all the gwiyomis. back at home, i regarded this as the most disgusting way for girls to attract attention.

there was another guy that piqued my interest. yes, you read that right. you’d think that after the not-so-impressive confrontation with kim taehyung, i’d learn my lesson and try to keep a low-profile, but for some incomprehensible reasons, i couldn’t even do the simplest thing. i didn’t know why I couldn’t just do the most normal thing like sitting down with girls and talk about manicures and the latest fashion trend.

was it because guys tending to give off a more easygoing and accepting vibe than girls? who knows but what thing for sure was that i’m trying a bit too hard to make friends with this guy.

jung hoseok seemed like your typical moodmaker. he loved attention—heck, he basked in the glory of it. he appeared to be very popular, as everyone at school knew him. besides that, i can only describe him as a guy who liked to joke.

crush may be involved because I find myself dreaming dirty things about the guy. and so, you guys could say that i tried to catch his attention. at first, he was a bit confused, as if wondering why the new, japanese girl was always waving at him passionately whenever he greeted my scary, table partner, whose name i never really took the initiative to know after my disastrous first day.

looking back, i feel so stupid of myself because i already had enough problem as it was.

after personally making the acquaintance of kim taehyung, i would say that we both somehow got a lot familiar with each other—with him purposely bringing me out in the spotlight, either it was by mentioning my age or just anything that could escalate my need to strangle his thin neck.

i would like to say that i blame my instinct for acting rashly but that’s just plain sad.

and no, i didn’t get to squeeze the juice out of his neck (if you guys are wondering), but instead—

taehyung: ow!

everyone: gasp!

i didn’t know who was more surprised: the blonde idiot, me or every living soul in the class. i feigned a ‘igaf’ look but inside, i panicked because jung hoseok was there, witnessing me hitting one of his close friends.

last I saw the guy, he had an unreadable expression on his face as he stared at me, making me unsure whether he heard taehyung (crying, i’d like call it) complaining about aggressive japanese girls.

i’m not sorry to say though that that wasn’t the last time as i hit kim taehyung again a few days later.

despite the brief satisfaction, i realized a bit too late that by hitting the kid (yes, I called him that despite him being my senior), i reached the point where i metaphorically burned down the border between us that kept us as mere strangers.

but that wasn’t the worst of it.

 


 

our sport teacher was being extra naggy today as she kept babbling about, which gave us, the students enough time to fool around. i’m not sure what happened, but as i was joking with my close friends—probably something about birthday parties—jung hoseok joined us.

i can’t deny the giddy feeling when he approached us, flashing that contagious smile of his. i’d say that we hit it off immediately before living happily ever after with ten kids when—

“do you watch ?”

yeah, that happened.

i swear that i heard the sound of a pin dropping on the smooth vinyl flooring of the suddenly silent gym. i suddenly felt out of place, but still tried in vain to save the situation by ending up looking a constipated patient before answering with a confident ‘no’.

he hummed musingly, lips unraveling in an amused smirk that left me confused before joining his laughing friends.

i think that my parents must’ve dropped me during childbirth because like an idiot, i turned to a nearby guy and shamelessly ask him the same question, thinking it was a normal thing here. i was unaware that he was another close friend of hoseok and taehyung.

it was jeon jungkook. and he was guffawing, attracting more attention as i looked around for an escape.

hoseok returned for action, ready to embarrass me even more, especially after I practically begged him not to talk too loud. he gladly did the exact opposite.

but i accidentally discovered that the loud boy had a mute switch. it just took the palm of my hand (which was twice more big than an average girl) and a quick check of uncontrollable rage.

thankfully, our female coach was nowhere insight to witness my fleeting violent nature.

 


_______________________________________________________________________________

 

 


                                AUTHOR'S NOTES 

 

 

I wonder whether it’d be better if I hate boys….