1/1

The Right Kind of Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How do I look?” he asks as he looks at himself in the mirror, checking his hair, smoothing down the fabric on his body.

 

Taehyung eyes him from head to toe and purses his lips, head nodding in approval. “Dashing. Pretty sure love at first sight is going to happen tonight.”

 

Jungkook’s lips curve into a small proud smile and he turns around, says his thanks to Taehyung for his help on everything before he walks out of the house and settles himself in his car.

 

It has been a while since Jungkook goes out of his house for a date. For two years, he has busied himself with college and work, and he has been happy about it. No regrets whatsoever. But he has to admit that he needs his special someone too and that he’s been feeling lonely recently when all of his friends are hanging out with their own partners.

 

He arrives at the restaurant a few minutes later and a smile adorns his face as he steps inside, patting his shirt a little as he tries to find someone with long hair, slightly chubby cheeks with a pretty and cute face as what Taehyung has described earlier.

 

And he spots her right away.

 

In the middle of everyone, she is sitting alone, fingers drumming on the table as her head turns around slowly from left to right while her lips are pressed into a thin line. Her hair is like the color of fire which makes her stands out from the rest of the people in the restaurant. With slow but confident steps, he approaches her with a smile on his face.

 

“You must be my date for tonight,” Jungkook says as soon as he stands facing her, one hand on the chair but has not pulled it yet.

 

The beautiful woman looks up at him and takes a few seconds before she stands up with probably the prettiest grin on her face. She holds out her hand and he takes it in his. Soft, he thinks. He almost raises her hand towards his lips.

 

“I’m Roseanne Park,” she introduces herself.

 

“And I’m Jeon Jungkook,” he replies, gaze never leaving her eyes. “Pleasure to see you tonight.”

 

They sit and the typical things happen as each one of them tells stories to each other, asking questions while tasting the cuisines on the table. Honestly, Jungkook pays little to no attention to the food because Roseanne Park is such an interesting person to be his partner in conversations.

 

Often times Jungkook would have his focus changed to food or other things when he was in the middle of conversation with people but it is a miracle that the opposite is happening right at that moment. He can proudly say that he clicks with her faster than an eye can blink.

 

When Roseanne reveals to him that she has a habit to give people nicknames as soon as she meets them, he secretly hopes that she already has one cute nickname for him because he already has one for her running around in his head. If tonight is not going to be their last time seeing each other, he is so going to tell her that they should call each other using the nicknames they have in their head.

 

“Shall we go for a walk?” he asks as soon as they’re finished with everything and he feels himself grinning widely when Roseanne sticks her hand out for him to hold in a teasing way. With a chuckle, Jungkook slips his hand into hers and holds her firmly as they walk side by side in small steps. “Do you drive here?”

 

“No, my friend dropped me off here.”

 

Jungkook nods before a slow smirk manages to carve on his face. “So, is it okay if I send you home? But not now. I still haven’t had enough of you,” he winks and hopes that he’s not going overboard with it.

 

Roseanne looks down and chuckles before her teeth sink down the flesh of her lower lip. She looks up at him and he can literally see the playful side of her by just looking at her eyes.

 

“I would love that,” she says and wraps the fingers from her free hand around his arm and he feels proud of himself all of a sudden. He has a good feeling about this.

 

“So… how long have you known Taehyung?” Jungkook asks. Taehyung never mentioned it to him before and once he’s home today, he’s going to slap his friend for not introducing Roseanne earlier to him. If he’d known that Taehyung has a gorgeous friend, he’d go as far as kneeling to beg Taehyung to set him up on a date with her long ago.

 

She blinks a few times before a smile decorates her face. Jungkook figures next that the smile is going to be one of his favorite things to see in the world. Oh he is definitely smitten, he thinks.

 

“Oh, Taehyun is my childhood friend,” she answers. “Basically, I’ve known him since forever.”

 

Oh, how he finds it cute that even Taehyung has a nickname. He can’t wait for his turn to get his own nickname.

 

If Taehyung is called Taehyun, he wonders what he will be called. Will he get the same pattern like Taehyung, only missing the last letter in his name? Will he be called Jungkoo? Kook-kook? Well, whatever she thinks suits him best, he will gladly accept it even though it may sound weird.

 

“You must be special to him that he never mentioned you before,” Jungkook lifts a brow teasingly and smirks as he says, “Well, if I was him, I’d keep you a secret from all my friends too.”

 

Roseanne is quiet for a few moments and Jungkook thinks he’s gone too far with the flirting. It’s been a while since he’s done this. It used to be one of his talents but sadly, it has been out of the list. He is just about to say his apology but when Roseanne beams at him one second, and the next she is already laughing shyly, he knows that an apology is not necessary.

 

“Well, you must be special to him too,” she says after a while. “Like I said, I’ve known him since forever. It’s amazing to know that someone in his friend list is able to call him ‘Tae’ and ‘hyung’. I swear he will chop my head off if he hears me call him ‘Tae’,” she says with a laugh and continues, “Once, there was this new boy in the neighborhood called him ‘Tae hyung’, he got pissed and threatened that kid that he was going to smash his mouth with a brick if he was going to call Taehyun ‘Tae hyung’ or even ‘hyung’.”

 

Jungkook’s brows are fur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter