Joohyun Unnie

Joohyun Unnie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I was supposed to finish this as early as possible but I was called by nature and left my laptop for a while to do my .. business and when I came back, guess what? my cat was already on top of my laptop, it's paws pressing on the BACKSPACE button and before I knew it, my cat DELETED Everything I wrote for freaking hours. So sorry for the delay *sigh* Friendly Tip : NEVER LEAVE YOUR LAPTOP WHILE YOU'RE WRITING SOMETHING esp when you have pets.

--

It's been a month since Seulgi moved from Seoul to Daegu.
A month since her parents decided to go on their separate ways as they signed for the divorce papers .
A month since she left her school at Seoul and transferred at Daegu National Highschool.
And a month since her Mom left to the States to work for her future and told her to just live with her Grandma Miyoung instead.

"I'll come back for you dear,I promise." 

Seulgi remembered what her Mom last told her. 

A sigh escaped her lips. Fingers were softly flipping the pages as she silently read the book, trying to divert her attention from thinking too much about her life, her family. That's the only thing that occupies her head for the past weeks. She felt so ruined.

"Seulgi ~" She heard a voice called her as knocks on her room's door followed.

"Yes Grandma ?" She replied.

"We'll get going now. Are you ready ?" 

"Dae.I'm coming." She heaved another sigh as she prepared herself for another boring day.


Seulgi had her Grandma now to take care of her while her Mom's still gone and she also has her cousin, Sehun who was living with her Granny since he was young. It was actually Sehun's job to accompany Grandma Miyoung during weekends at Grandma Sooji's small rest house but ever since Sehun had a girlfriend, a few weeks ago, this cousin would always say that he needs to acoompany his girlfriend somewhere else.

Which is a valid reason to pass whatever responsibility he had to poor Seulgi.

Maybe I should also date then.

She thought but she knew she wouldn't want to even if there were some boys .. and even girls who showed interest in her as she moved to this new school. Even with Seulgi being famous for her cold as ice aura ,still a lot of people liked her. Which she just found quite odd but maybe the people there are just friendly.


Actually almost everyone at Daegu was very much friendly and not to mention hospitable. Especially her Granny's friend who owns the resthouse where the old ladies are gathering every weekend.

Once Seulgi stepped inside with her arms linked with her Granny for support, the other old grandmas welcomed them with hugs and kisses.

"Annyeong Seulgi." The grandmas said.

Seulgi greeted and bowed to them as well. She also helped with prepairing some snacks and juices once in a while but she spends most of her time upstairs, where Grandma Sooji told her to rest there comfortably ever since she caught Seulgi dozing off on the sofa.

It's a good thing she brings her books as always and her phone.
Seulgi climbed the ladder and opened the small door for the room. After that, she lazily plopped herself on the small bed.

Seulgi,you can just rest comfortably upstairs. There's a bed there.It was my grandaughter's when she was still visiting here. 

She remebered Grandma Sooji's words when she was first told about the small room of the resthouse.

I heard her grandaughter's already a college student now. Maybe college is really stressful and all that she just rarely visit this place. Well then, for the meantime, her bed's mine.Ugh so soft~ -Seulgi thought as she hugged the violet pillows, as she rests comfortably on the bed.

The scent was somehow addictive. It seemed as if the room wasn't abandoned for months just like what Grandma Sooji told her.
The alluring scent of lavender. 

It makes the ambiance of the room, though small and kinda empty besides the bed and the closet, very very peceful.
Soon enough, Seulgi drifted to sleep.




"So how was weekends with the oldies ?" Wendy, her new found friend as she sat next to Seulgi.
Joy who saw them immediately sat near as well , getting ready to tease Seulgi more.

"As usual. Boring" She flatly said as she flipped again through the pages of her book.

"Aigoo poor you ~ no wonder your face seemed to look more mature and ... old as weeks pass" Joy said which earned an icy glare from Seulgi.

"I don't have any choice."

"Well, you could tell your Grandma if you want to." Wendy told her. 
"I'm sure she'll understand." She added.

Seulgi closed her book and shook her head. "Aniyo ~ Halmeoni's so old. She needs assistance. That's the only way I can help her actually" Seulgi explained.

Her two friends stopped teasing her after the sitaution turned kinda serious somehow. Both of them just nodded telling that they understand Seulgi. 

A moment of silence for everyone until-

"KYAAAAA-bdldsdllskalasksfr" 

"Yah shut it !" Wendy needed to put her hands to cover Joy's mouth when their friend suddenly saw her ultimate crush, Sungjae entering the room.

Seulgi could never understand Joy. How can just the mere presence of someone make you that giddy ?
Maybe she can't still understand why because she never really felt something like that before.

"I can't help it..His smile 's so warm .. for a moment I saw him smile at me *internally squeals* my stomach flipped. I'm shookt" Joy said as she put her hands on her chin,looking dreamily at Sungjae.

Her words made Seulgi snickered.

Joy caught it and sent burning death glares towards Seulgi. 

"Puhlease I know you'll probably act the same way if you have a crush on someone .. too bad you don't have any." She said, slightly sulking but still manages to form a smile when Sungjae looked her way.

"I don't need one ... and I don't even think I'll ever have one."




"Seul ~ I was supposed to accompany Halmeoni since my girlfriend told me not to accompany her for now but ... we have a practice back at the university so can you please~ .. just one more week? I'll promise to be the one to Halmeoni next week." Sehun said as he showed Seulgi her puppy eyes.


Is he even 21 years old?- Seulgi thought, fighting so hard to snicker at the sight of Sehun acting cute towards her.

She sighed. "No problem."

"YEY ! I love you cousin ~" He said as he hugged him. 
"Yeah yeah whatever.~" Seulgi replied, breaking the hug as she looked at him with a fake disgusted face.

"I'll be going now. See you later ~"
"HALMEONI ~ TAKE CARE !" Sehun said as he yelled at her Granny's door.

"OKAY !" Her Granny yelled back.

Soon Sehun was nowhere out of sight and the door at her Granny's room opened.

"Let's go Seulgi."




BORING BORING BORING ! 
Actually Boring can still be considered an understatement if you were Seulgi and you'll feel how she feels right now. 

well on the brighter side, she can enjoy another peaceful day just listening to music and taking a nap on the comfy bed right? 
Right- Seulgi nodded to herself as she put her earphones on.

"It's eleven eleven ~" She hummed, closing her eyes as she listened to Kim Taeyeon's 11:11

Looks like she'll spend her weekends sleeping again.She might have fell asleep when she listened to relaxing songs on her phone but ofcourse, you'll just realize that you actually did when you just suddenly wake up.


Feeling somehow recharged, Seulgi took her phone, still with her eyes closed and once she felt that it was infront her face, her eyes slowly opened. 

"okay five more minutes." She said to herself , planning to sleep again.

Why do birds suddenly appear, ev'ry time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be close to you.

Seulgi must have forgot to turn her phone off because she was now hearing a new song playing. 
But that thought vanished quickly when she brought her phone down and saw a very beautiful goddess.

Who's this beautiful girl I'm actually dreaming about? - Seulgi thought as she looked at the captivating figure infront her.
Thinking that she's still in her dreamland.

Why do stars fall down from the sky, ev'ry time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be close to you.

A silly grin formed on her Seulgi's lips as she continued to gaze at the beauty infront her.

"Haaai ~" She said.

The beauty's smile disappeared and her eyebrows creased. 

"You drunk ?!" She asked Seulgi.

What the heck ? - Seulgi looked around and her eyes shot opened when she realized that she was still in the room and not in some fantasy world just like in her dreams. 

Her eyes blinked once, twice ,thrice as she continued to stare at the stranger infront of her.
The stranger she once thought was a goddess that visited her dreams.

Oh my gosh .She's real. Who the heck is she anyway? 

The stranger chuckled to see such reaction from Seulgi. The latter sat down from the bed and so the stranger took this chance and sat on the bed near Seulgi as well.

"Hi ~ You must be Grandma Miyoung's grandaughter. My Grandma told me you're here." She explained herself as she continued to gaze at Seulgi.

Grandma ? Oh she's Grandma Sooji's grandaughter. OH MY GOSH THIS IS HER BED !-Seulgi thought and she immediately stood up, still without uttering a word though.

"Sorry.. did I creep you out. Oh my gosh I'm so so-"

"No." Seulgi's tensed muscles relaxed as she finally uttered something.

"You werent .. creeping me ..out" She mumbled but the stranger was still able to hear her though. Seulgi looked at the floor, avoiding the stranger's eyes.

But just when she did, a hand suddenly appeared infront of her. She looked up only to meet the stanger's cute round eyes.

"Good. By the way, I'm Bae Joohyun.. Bae Sooji's grandaughter ..and you are ...?" She said, waiting for Seulgi to shake her hand.

Seulgi looked at the stranger, Joohyun's hand then to Joohyun. 

"I'm Grandma .. M-Miyoung's grandchild...K-Kang S-Seulgiii" Hell why am I stuttering? this is so embarassing.

Joohyun chuckled again as she now took Seulgi's hand slowly and shake it.

Her hands .. her smile ... is so warm- Seulgi thought as she continued to look at Joohyun.

"Nice to meet you K-Kang S-Seulgiii" She teased.

Seulgi didn't know how her lips formed a genuine curve after that  just by Joohyun's actions.


That was the beginning. Unlike what Seulgi feels with the grannies, Joohyun didn't make her feel awkward. Joohyun was now lying next to Seulgi on her bed. She told Seulgi that it's okay for her to be comfortable and just lie down if she wants to.

"I feel you. I was actually dying of boredom as well whenever I'm alone here. Good thing you're here now" Joohyun said as she looked at Seulgi who was now next to her.

No.It's a good thing that you .. are here now- Seulgi thought but never uttered a thing.

She knew some information about Joohyun.She knew that Joohyun's parents actually died in an accident which made Seulgi pity the girl and somehow she felt grateful for she knows that even if they were away from Seulgi, still her parents are alive ,what more is that she has her Grandma to take of her for now. Seulgi also ofcourse, shared a bit of herself including the painful truth that her parents are already apart.

Even if Joohyun was still a stranger for Seulgi, she didn't hesitate to take Seulgi's hands and tried to comfort her.
Seulgi felt the warmth that only Joohyun emits. 

After that , they also shared some laughs when Joohyun told her about her embarassing moments. Unlike when she first came in that place, time was painfully long that it seemed to be freaking forever for Seulgi just to wait for the Grandma's gathering to fnish but now, time passed by so quick that she didn't realize that it was already 6 in the evening if it weren't for her Grandma's voice telling her that they'll leave soon.

Joohyun and Seulgi stood up from the bed. 

"I-It was really nice meeting you Seulgi." Joohyun said as they both get down fom the ladder.
"You too Joohyun-unnie." Seulgi said with this, Joohyun pout.

"Unnie? how old are you then ?"

"18 and I'm still a senior at our school. I've heard you're already a college student so I presume that maybe you really are my unnie." Seulgi explained.

Joohyun nooded. "You're right. It's just a 2 year though." She said.

"Seulgi dear ?" Grandma Miyoung's voice called once again.

"Wil I still see you next ... week?" Seulgi asked as she turned back to Joohyun, silently praying for Joohyun to tell her yes.

"Yes.. you will. See you then Seulgi ~" Joohyun replied.

Seulgi felt so happy. She went towards her Granny with a stupid grin painted on her face as she waved goodbye to the other grandmas and to her Joohyun unnie.




"Let me guess .... the oldies' gathering was cancelled ?" Wendy suddenly blurted out of nowhere as they were all waiting for their teacher.

"What ? uh NO! No it wasn't." Seulgi said as she continued to write down some notes on her notebook.

"Then why the you smiling like that ?" Joy asked. The duo's brains were suddenly filled with curiousity since Seulgi wasnt being Seulgi since this morning.

"I am? .. I-If I was ..then .. ain't it great? .. that I'm smiling." Seulgi said, trying not to smile anymore as she tried to stop herself from probably thinking weird thoughts.

"It's good Seul. We're happy to atleast finally seeing you really happy ..but it's just weird. You're not very Seulgi-like today." Wendy said and Joy nodded her head in agreement.

Seulgi laughed slightly. "What am I then?"

"very Joy -like to be honest." Wendy honestly said her feelings out but the moment she did so, her eyes met Joy and both of them had this look on their faces.

"OH.MY GOSH. ARE YOU INLOVE OR SOMETHING?!" Joy suddenly exclaimed. 

"WHAT ? hell no." Seulgi immediaetely denied. 

What were they thinking?

"Oh- we thought you had the same smile Joy possesses whenever that Sungjae guy is around." Wendy explained herself.
"but you said so yourself .. that you don't have a crush or something ..but it's just very unusual though." Wendy continued on as she put her fingers on her chin trying to think of something.


"I was actually smiling a lot because of Sungjae .. because of him. He makes me happy ..but you. You smile like that without a reason? I'm starting to think you might be a little cuckoo in the head." Joy told Seulgi but Seulgi wasn't paying attention to what she said.


I was smiling a lot because of Sungjae ... because of him- Joy's words kept repeating on Seulgi's mind.

I'm this happy because ... 

"Nice to meet you K-Kang S-Seulgiii" 

She remebered Joohyun. A giggle escaped her lips and her friends can only look at each other.

"Was it that boring at the granies' place that it made her insane ?"




"Oh my gosh It's Saturday !" Seulgi said once she woke up. She eagerly fixed her bed and went to shower a little earlier than usual. She also managed to do her chores whole-heartedly, humming songs once in a while and even cooked for lunch. 

"Someone looks so happy." Sehun said as he giggled at Seulgi while the latter put the dishes she cooked infront of the table.

"I get that a lot Hun." Seulgi said. 
"Life is too short to stress yourself." She added as she took some food to put on her plate and started eating.

"Seulgi's right." Grandma Miyoung said as she smiled at her grandchildren.

"Okay Okay." Sehun said as he took something to eat as well.

"By the way Seulgi,... I'll be the one to accompany Granny today if you want-"

"No !" Seulgi cutted him off. Sehun and her Granny looked suspiciously towards her. 
She let out a dry couch and explained, " I mean no. It's okay. I-I really don't mind at all." 

"You sure ?" Sehun asked his cousin. 

Seulgi sincerely nodded. "Never been more sure."




"Annyeong haseyo~ Halmeoni ~" Seulgi said once she saw the other grannies at their usual table.

"Hello to you too my dear~" Grandma Sooji told her. 

"uh .. is...u-unnie Joohyun around?" She asked. 

Sooji smiled sweetly and nodded. "She's at the small room .. now go ahead ~"  She told the teenager. 
Once Seulgi heard this, she immediately run and went her way tot he room.

"They're friends now." Miyoung said on which the other grandmas agreeed on.

"Oh. I forgot to tell Seulgi .." Sooji suddenly said as a realization hit her. "Joohyun's other cousins went with her today."





"Joohyun un-" Seulgi stopped was she was about to say when the door opened for her and revealed a young girl.

Who? 

"Seulgi ! You're here !" Seulgi automatically smiled once she heard the familiar voice from the inside of the room but her smile vanished once she saw that Joohyun was on the floor,playing with kids.

Seulgi slowly moved inside the room.Joohyun walked towards her with a smile and placed her hand on Seulgi's houlder as she said,"Kids .. this is Seulgi unnie and Seulgi these are my cousins Kyungsoo .. " she said as she pointed to the cute boy in the group "Soohyun." to another boy .. 

"Sooyeon." to the silent little girl who doesnt speak much
"Soojung." to another silent girl who looked like she was judging Seulgi 

"And our little Yeri." Joohyun said as she pointed to the little who, unlike everyone, was smiling back at her.

I like this kid. 

"Annyeong Deulgi unnie .. I'm Myemim~" She said as she intriduce herself, offering her hand.

"I thought you were-"

"That's the way she pronounces her name." Joohyun whispered in her ear. Seulg nodded and shook Yeri's hand.

"Nice to meet you uhm ..Myemim~" She said. 

"Now that we have a new playmate ... shall we all play a game ?" Joohyun asked the kids.

The children who were dead silent a while ago became so excite in just a blink. "YEEEEEY."

"So what do you guys wanna play ?"

Yeri raised her hand . "Me Me Me !" 

"Okay lil Yeri .. what is it ?" Joohyun squatted to meet Yeri's eye level and asked.

"I wanna play Hide and Sweeek !"




They all went downstairs because Joohyun said that there were more places to hide there and so the kids agreed. Seulgi can only smile from time to time as she saw how Joohyun enjoyed playing with kids. 

Yeri volunteered to be the "it" and so she started to count.

"10, 9 , 8 ...."

Seulgi looked around and searched for a place to hide. She sighed. Ever since young, she was always the one to be found first. She at Hide and Seek. 

Seulgi still tried though .. to look for a hiding place till she suddenly heard a door opened. She looked up thinking she heard it from there.

She saw Joohyun upstairs as Joohyun mouthed ." Come. Here" afraid to let Yeri hear her as she waved her hand to tell Seulgi to climb upstairs. Seulgi .. ofourse obeyed. 

Once inside, Joohyun close the door.They were both leaning on it, facing each other as Joohyun carefully puts her ear near to the door to hear what Yeri has been saying downs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter