Chapter 3

Short Response

Seulgi leaves the roof top first with a smile reaching her ears. She makes her way to her first class of the day skipping, giggling and touching her lips when she thinks about the kiss. She finds the door to her class and makes a seat on the only empty seat left next to a girl. She notices the girl is asleep but making a noise, Seulgi brings her ear closer to the girl to figure out what she was mumbling. Seulgi sits back up and giggles when she realizing the girl was sleep singing. She decides to introduce herself to the girl since they have never met before. Seulgi chooses to shake the girl's shoulder softly to wake her up. When the girl wakes up she seems groggy and has a red patch on her cheek from the pressure, she scratches her head while slowly sitting up. Seulgi bows "Hello," the girl bows back "Hello" she replies.

"I'm Seulgi, I started here yesterday, nice to meet you."

"Oh, hello, I'm Sejeong, ah just asking but why did you wake me up." She asks with her head tilted to the side.

"Ah, sorry, I hope I didn't disturb you," Seulgi says slightly panicking.

"Ah!, no, no that's not what I meant, I was just asking in case I was noisy," Sejeong says waving her hand in front of her and shaking her head.

"Oh, well you were singing, but it wasn't loud or anything, it was like a lullaby, soft and sweet," Seulgi says with a smile.

"Oh," Sejeong slightly blushes, "thanks."

Just as Seulgi was about to talk again the teacher walks into class telling everyone to sit down and settle. Seulgi gives Sejeong a smile while she returns it, they then focus their attention on the teacher and the lesson. After the teacher finished explaining the curriculum and the first assignment, she asks the class to split into pairs for the assignment.

"Do you wanna be buddies?" Sejeong asks Seulgi.

"Yes! thank you, I'm glad I didn't have to pair up with a leftover."  Seulgi says excitedly.

"well, none of my friends are in this class, glad were paired up though," Sejeong says with a cute eye smile.

The two then continue to work on the assignment and the topic they will pick for it. They get along well like they had been friends since forever. Seulgi can't help but be glad that she made her first friend. Irene doesn't count though, cause she's a love interest, not a friend as much.

 

 


 

 

Irene decided to skip her first class and stay up on the rooftop to completely freak out over the event that just happened. 'Is she my girlfriend now? does that mean I'm taken?'  she can't help but physically jump and shake her head every time she thinks about it. ' that kiss was amazing, how can a girl's lips be so soft, I must ask her what kind of lip balm she uses' Irene stops her trail of thought when the two devils walk through the door giggling to themselves.

"Oi, why didn't you make it to drama class, it's your favorite. Now that we're seniors we can swear and the teacher doesn't... well only if the scene calls for it... but still, how cool is that." Jennie says before jumping onto Irene giving her a massive hug. Irene pushes Jennie off and sighs.

"Oh, that's cool, I got detention last year for accidentally swearing during an improve exercise, haha," Irene says, but the couple can tell something's up and that she's hiding something.

"Sooooo, why did you skip?" Lisa queries.

"No reason just felt like it," Irene says avoiding eye contact with both Lisa and Jenny.

"Hmm, something's definitely off," Jennie says walking closer to Irene and furrows her eyes.

"I'll say, it's almost like she's.... hiding something, hehe," Lisa and Jenny give each other a cheeky look before they jump Irene and hold her down, Jennie gets on top of Irene and gathers a lump of spit in , "What happened!!" Lisa yelled while holding down her legs.

"If you don't tell us, I'll do it... you know I will," Jennie threatens while trying to keep the spit in .

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!!! I'LL TELL YOU GODD!" Irene yells while trying to wriggle out of the girls hold. They both let go and Jennie spits the spit out to the side.

"Gross," Lisa comments with a disgusted look on her face.

"Soooo, go on, tell us," Jennie says.

"Promise you guys won't freak out," Irene says with a questionable look.

"Yes," they both reply

"And you won't react like you normally do."

"Ye.." Lisa begins while Jennie replies with "no guarantees." Lisa whacks Jennie on the shoulder.

"Just tell us." Lisa pleads.

"Okay, so you know that girl I was making out with at the party, in the garage before you two rudely interrupted us," Irene explains while giving the couple a death stare.

"YES!" they both say simultaneously while beginning to get excited.

"Well, she left so quickly the other night, and I was up all night thinking about it and whether she liked it or not," Irene continues to explain while beginning to appear a little coy.

"Judging by what we saw, she looked like she was enjoying it, hehe," Jennie says with a smirk on her face.

"Anyway, I was pretty keen to see her again, so this morning I found her and invited her here to the roof, and well we kissed," Irene says, with a shy posture and bright red cheeks.

"Is that it," Jennie says a little disappointed, earning another slap on the shoulder from Lisa.

"Go on Irene," Lisa encourages, "or is that really it."

"No...." She says continuing to be really shy.

"TELL US!" Jennie says getting impatient.

"Okay, God... She invited me on a date." Irene says bracing herself while waiting for the couple's response.

"Oh. My... GOOOOOOOOOODDD.... YES, YES, YESSSSS, our Irene is finally going oN A DATE WOOO HOOO!!!!" Jenny says jumping all over the place, then making her way to Irene to hug. Lisa and Irene tried to get Jennie off of Irene, but failed and had to wait it out.

"I'm so happy for you Irene, so do you say yes?" Lisa asked after Jennie simmered down.

"Yes," Irene answered with a giant smile on her face.

"Honey... Our Irene is going on her first date," *sniff, sniff*, Jennie wipes away her gathering tears and hugs her girlfriend as she cries.

"I know, they grow up so fast," *sniff, sniff*, Lisa says as she begins to cry in the crook of Jennie's neck and hugging her back.

"Seriously guys, cmon I'm not your child," Irene says with her arms crossed with a judgemental look on her face.

"So when will we get to meet her??" Lisa asks.

"That's for me to know and you two to find out," Irene replies while leaving the two to continue crying.

"YA! that's not funny."

"BYE! I’m going to the library," Irene yells back while walking away waving.

 


 

*sound of bell ringing*

“Okay everyone, this assignment is due next Monday so make sure you prepare and work on it in your own time,” the teacher says as everyone scrambles out of the room. Sejeong and Seulgi are taking their time packing their things up.

"Do you wanna work on the assignment tomorrow night?" Sejeong aks Seulgi.

"Ahh, I would love too but I have plans," Seulgi replies. Sejeong has a slightly disappointed look on her face, "Okay, I guess there's no helping that, how about we go study a little more in the library but if you can't then that's okay." Seulgi taps her chin and squints her eyes replicating someone that's thinking hard. "I don't see why not, hehe," Seulgi than laughs as they both make their way to the library.

 


 

Sejeong finds a table near a power board to charge her laptop, the girls begin to look up facts about their topic while getting to know each other.

" Seulgi, do you have a boyfriend," Sejeong says out of the blue with a big smirk on her face.

Seulgi, slightly shocked by the question didn't know how to respond. "Yaa~ why are you so shocked, it's not a difficult question.... or is it~?" Sejeong continued to pressure Seulgi into answering.

"No, it's not like that, I'm kinda at the beginning of something at the moment," Seulgi answered with a shy expression. Sejeong is totally loving teasing Seulgi and decides to continue getting more information. 

"Who is it? you've only been at the school for two days, is he from your old school?" Sejeong continues. Seulgi avoids making eye contact, she's not sure whether she should tell her that it's a girl and that she doesn't swing that way. Sejeong nudges Seulgi trying to get her to spill the beans.

"Well, it's not really like that," Seulgi says.

"Then what's it like?" Sejong asks moving closer with all her attention on her anticipating the answer. 

"SHE goes to this school," Seulgi spills placing an enfaces on the word 'she'. Sejeong has a shocked expression on her face. She slightly blushes and seems to be slightly taken aback by the truth. 

"Why are you so surprised, it's 2017, not 1950," Seulgi replies while waving her hand in front of the frozen girl. Sejeong, not knowing how to react stays frozen for a while, but it's not because she's uncomfortable with Seulgi being gay, but because she feels slightly surprised and happy. Almost as if she feels like she has an attraction to the girl.

The two girls are sitting close to each other and Sejeong is still frozen, not knowing what to do Seulgi just sits there and waits for the girl to settle down. 

The door of the library opens and reveals a giddy Irene, but thats short lived ones she sees what kind of situation Seulgi is in with another girl. A wave of anger rushes through her blood and she storms her way towards her lover and the girl. 

"YA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Irene yells.

Sejeong snaps out of daze and quickly looks at the Irene, and Seulgi jumps from the surprise. 

 


 

 

Wow, my procrastination even gets the better of me when I want to actually right .

Mind you there is 1700 words and thats more than my standard assignment at uni and I planned on writing a hole lot more...

Anyway, I hope I have the next chapter up soon, kinda liking where I'm heading, 

Sejeong is my ultimate bias, so I had to make her into a character.