Babysitting

Under the Vast Sky

When twelve happy-go-lucky trolls live under one roof as brothers, chaos ensues, of course!

+++

 

"Yah! Kim Joonmyeon! Make them stop!" Eun Byul cried desperately as she knocked on the door forecefully, but it seemed that the fourth son was ignoring her intentionally. Why had she agreed to take the job? She just wanted something part-time, but it turned out too well for her when the parents of the boys liked her so much and considered her for a full-time job. (And also, she had been let on the family secret, so she couldn't be easily let go of.)

It wouldn't have been a problem, except she had to attend to a big family with twelve sons with powers. Literal.

The whole house was in a complete disarray in seconds as the twelve brothers decided to unleash their powers all at one time. The only one who didn't participate was fourth to the youngest, Tao, who was sick in bed and couldn't use his time manipulation effectively. Somehow Eun Byul felt relieved because otherwise, he could be rewinding the hours and she would have to relive the misery over and over, and not even realize she was reliving it.

 

It all started with the drawing Kris presented proudly.

.

.

.

 

"Behold! The most amazing artwork of the century," the third eldest, Kris, presented his painting of mixed colors with a huge grin on his face.

"Hyung, is that abstract?" Chen, the sixth, asked. As Kris's eyes narrowed to slits, his laughter reverberated in the living room where all the brothers gathered at.

"That's two people holding hands, idiot! Can't you tell?" Kris defended and pointed to the part he was mentioning.

"They only look like brown clouds to me," Baekhyun, the next, commented and made others at least chuckle.

"Or poop," Chanyeol, the third tallest son and the eighth in order, chimed in, adding fuel to the fire. He high-fived with Baekhyun as others continued to laugh hysterically at what became the joke of the century. In annoyance, Kris stood up, determined to teach his younger brothers a lesson- his eyes lighting up literally like balls of fire- and unleashed his powers, waging an all-out war amongst the siblings. Kyungsoo, the wide-eyed, third to the youngest son (who was also usually serious) joined the throng. And the daydreamer Yixing (the fifth) seemed to snap out of his zone and kept at pace into the reality that his brothers were in.

.

.

.

 

"Yah! You elvish-eared giant! Stop burning the canvass or I'm going to make you eat the ashes!" Eun Byul shouted as she stomped towards Chanyeol who had just ignited a fire to burn the infamous painting (without Kris looking at him, of course). Before she could reach him, the eighth son flashed his toothy smile at her.

"Make me," he said and disappeared amongst his brothers.

"Sehun, lift me up!" Baekhyun cried to the youngest who begrudgingly manipulated the air to lift his older brother. Sensing a nearby ominous aura, Sehun lifted himself up (with a satisfied smile on his face) before Kris could strangle him. He completely missed the smirk that Kris had plastered on. Apparently, they forgot that Kris knew how to fly.

Meanwhile, the spirited Chen was busy creating thunder and lightning inside the house, making Eun Byul flinch every now and then, and this did not miss Chen's eyes. When she figured out he was doing it to spite her, she glared at him. "Jongdae! Stop it!" she called by his real name. But Chen only stuck his tongue out and made lightning crackle near her. All her hairs stood, and there was nothing she could do about it.

Tired of screaming and finally giving up that she can make them behave, Eun Byul finally remembered the cellphone sitting in her bag in her quarters. Her parents had told her to call them in case of an emergency, and this was an emergency.

As she was dialling the parents' number, her cellphone flew out of her grasp and into the hands of a tall, lanky, doe-eyed boy wearing a seemingly innocent smile. "I'll hold on to this for a while, Eun Byul-ah," then he pushed the phone into his pocket and smirked before turning away.

'Luhan is a wolf in sheep's clothing!' she thought to herself. Luhan turned around, surprising her, to say, "Maybe I am." He winked at her for one last time before he went out the door. She palmed her face for a moment, remembering that Luhan had the power to read thoughts, too.

"Boo!"

"AAAAAAAH!"

 

Eun Byul was about to last out at the familiar voice when the owner disappeared form behind her. A hand materialized to tap her on the shoulder but was gone the moment she turned. This irked her even more. "What the hell, Jongin! Stop it, right now!"

The youngest suddenly teleported beside her with a pout. "Eun Byul-ah, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Kai? Jeez." He pinched her nose and disappeared.

Eun Byul was unfazed. If anything, she felt annoyed.

"Eun Byul-ah? Yah! How many times do I have to tell you to call me noona!?" she yelled at no specific direction.

She was taken aback when Kai materialized in front of her with a grin. "Aigoo. I didn't know you were , noona." He and pinched both cheeks, then quickly disappeared before Eun Byul could tear him to shreds.

However outside, she could hear Sehun complaining. "What the hell, Jongin! Get off me!"

"Yixiiiiing! Heal meeeee!" Eun Byul caught sight of Minseok, the cute, bubbly eldest of the sons, yelling for the sleepy-eyed son and presented a small cut on his finger. Perhaps he hurt himself again while making eyes with his hands. It would have been a cute site, but everything was chaotic she didn't know what to do anymore. If only Minseok would freeze all of his brothers in place even just for thirty minutes. But Minseok was much too loyal and too caring of his brothers. Doing so would mean betrayal.

Suho was her only chance.

Once again, Eun Byul climbed the top of the stairs and knocked hard against his door. After a couple of knocks, the door opened, revealing the handsome face of the fourth eldest. He had headphones around his kneck and disheveled hair. He was rubbing his eyes when he answered her. "What do you need me for, Eun Byul-ah?"

She wanted to cry right then.

"Joonmyeon," she began, addressing him by his real name. "Please make your brothers stop. The house is in a mess. They won't listen."

As soon as her words registered in his mind, Suho descended to the living room with her. When they arrived, he clapped his hands thrice and cupped the side of his mouth to yell at them. "EVERYONE THAT'S ENOUGH!!!"

All activity stopped at once. Sehun, who had an arm raised into the air dropped his limb, effectively dropping Baekhyun along with a loud thud! on the floor. Baekhyun seethed at his younger brother, but Kyungsoo only ginored him. For a moment, Eun Byul wanted to snicker because at last they stopped. Instead, she thanked Suho silently for a job well done. Somehow, they always listened to him.

But as Suho and Eun Byul turned their backs, Chen yelled, "Just kidding!" and was about to throw a lightning ball at them when Suho- without facing them- lifted both arms and caused a huge sphere of water to hover above all of them.

"Uh, hyung, you might want to reconsider," Kai pleaded, his voice a little bit small.

Chen gulped with his lightning ball slowly dissipating, but before he could say a word, Suho dropped his arm, subsequently dropping the cloud of water on all of them. Suho lifted his fingers, making the water level rise as well, little by little, until the whole living room was floating. When he snapped his fingers, the flood dissipated, leaving everything and everyone wet.

Eun Byul sat on the floor, soaked, hair sticking to her face. She coughed incessantly as some of the brothers flailed like a fish out of water. Yixing sat motionless on the sofa, wondering what just happened.

"Chanyeol, Sehun, clean this place up." Suho ordered firmly and went back to his room.

After the silence, Chanyeol groaned. "But why me-"

Kris hit his head. "Don't complain. Among all of us only you two are dry. Besides, this is partly your fault."

Before Chanyeol and Sehun could mutter anything more, Kyungsoo grabbed them in a headlock. All the siblings stood up groaning. Luhan helped Eun Byul up and muttered a 'Sorry' with a small smile on his face.

But before each of them could leave, Eun Byul raised his voice. "Guys, try not to tease Kris oppa for his artistic abilities again. He's trying his best to draw."

When all of them stopped and looked at her, particularly Kris, Eun Byul gulped.

She really meant what she said. It wasn't a sarcastic remark, but the meaning changes when one interprets the statement differently. So when Kris shot daggers at her, she knew chaos was going for round two. She better run to Suho, fast, or maybe wake Tao up to rewind to the minute where she didn't say anything?