“Long winded Road”

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

It’s been so long since he last been in Korea. Four years. It may seem short for others but its long enough for him, especially when he finally considered the place as a second home.

He steps out of the airport, fixing his shades. Taking a deep breath, he smiles. Yep! He’s definitely back.

He hails a cab and sets off to his destination. During the ride, he looks out his window and stares at the city. He busied himself watching everything he passes by till he arrived at a familiar place. The car stops and he steps out, thanking the driver. He looks up smiling at the building in front of him.

 

 

Same old apartment.

 

 

He greets the caretaker who was surprise to see him; he just smiles at her and goes up to his old apartment where he spent most of his stay here.

He uses the key he hasn’t used for a long time and chuckles in astonishment when the door clicks open.

 

 

They didn’t change it. Of course!

 

 

He enters dragging his luggage and took notice of the mess present in the room; he shakes his head, laughing.

 

 

Same old roommates. Same old friends indeed.

 

 

He walks to the room nearest the living room and enters it. There were small changes but other than that it remained the same. He places his luggage aside and sits on the bed he was most familiar with. His bed.

He observes the room and saw a frame placed on one of the bed side table and smiles widely. He stands up and takes it in his hand. He stared at the four smiling faces on the pictures. One of them was him. He places it back and decides to have a walk around town, for old time’s sake.

 

 

He goes, greeting the caretaker once more. He walks around the city, inhaling all the nostalgia that he hasn’t noticed time flew by so quickly. It was getting late, guess it was time for him to go back.

 

 

As he walks by the hill-like road near his apartment, something stops at his foot.

 

He picks it up and questions why there was an apple rolling on the hill. Before he could answer his question, a couple more apples rolled by; He manages to stop and picks them all up. As he picks the last apple, he saw a shadowed figure near him. He looks up and sees a girl, about his age, staring at him with a small smile and carrying a paper bag.

 

 

Ah! It clicks in his mind.

 

 

“I believe these are yours.” He says as he offers back the apples to her.

“Th-Thank you.” She stutters. “I wouldn’t know what to do if you hadn’t caught them.” She says shyly.

 

He smiles and thinks: ‘She’s cute.’

 

She takes the apples from him places it inside the paper bag. She thanks him once again. He nods and went his way.

The apartment was just a few meters away when a familiar voice called him.

 

“Jun!!!”

 

 

He turns to see one of his friends, the boy a few meters ahead of him.

 

 

Wonwoo.

 

 

The boy was running up to him, smiling from ear to ear.

 

 

“You’re back. Oh My God! You’re back!” He repeatedly mentions.

He laughs and they catch up on everything they’ve miss. They hadn’t notice that the girl from earlier hasn’t left yet.

 

 

“Jun…. So that’s his name.” She smiles softly then went her way.

 

She hopes they’ll meet again.

 

 


 

Word Count: 583

 

i'm not too fond of this but it works ^^

-Kaye :3