Pingeons

Menboong (Mental Breakdown)

She could hear her brother at the kitchen. It’s already ten in the morning and she was already awake 15 minutes ago but she doesn’t have the energy to get up yet. Like her, her brother is a deep sleeper too so no wonder she could hear pots and pans banging as he struggle to make breakfast for the two of them. She chuckled at the thought.

“Hyung”

Her mind wander to the events last night. While waiting for the vending machine to dispense her water, she texted her brother that she was at the hospital. She didn’t explain why so no wonder her brother looked so worried when he got there.

“Hyung”

The pink hair guy called again at her brother. Her gaze fell back at forth between them. She couldn’t read her brother’s expression but the other guy seemed eager to get acknowledged.

“Let’s go Sandara”

“Huh?”

Without saying anything, he dragged her out of the hospital.  

“ACK!”

A big thud and she found herself lying on the floor.

“Hahahaha!”

She glared at her brother who is having the time of his life laughing at her.

“YAH! Why did you do that for?!”

She yelled struggling to get up.

“Aigoo! Did you gain some weight or are you just old?”

He mocked her before turning away.

“Get up and eat”

“I am not old!”

She countered but to avail.

 

-------

Because she only had noodles last night, Sandara ate to her heart’s content. Teddy may not seem like it but he is actually a good cook.

“Yah! Ate slowly!”

He said in disgust as Dara ate another spoonful of kimchi fried rice and stuffing with a lettuce at the same time.

“leb ma ayone”

She countered with full. With disgust, Teddy hit her head with a spoon.

“OUCH!”

She yelled spewing rice across the table.

“Yah! Did you learn those disgusting things in Europe?!”

“What does Europe have to this with this?! You’re the one who hit me!”

She countered pointing an accusing finger at her brother.

“Do you want me to hit you again?!”

Sandara covered her head automatically.

“Yahhh~ why are you so grumpy anyway?”

She pouted her lips. Teddy sighed, smashing his spoon at the table.

“Yah …..Sandara Park”

He looked at her hard making her gulp.

“Are you an idiot?”

Her face crumpled upon hearing that word. She suddenly remembered the guy from last night.

“YAH! I am asking you!”

Teddy smashed the table with his fist, snapping her out of her thoughts.

 

“Oppa! Why are you so angry at me?!”

She countered her eyebrows furrowed.

“Are you seriously asking me that?!”

He smashed the table again.

“Do you know how worried I was when you still didn’t got here when it was almost midnight?!”

She tried to argue but bit her lips instead.

“Did you lost your common sense somewhere in Europe?! Huh?!”

Teddy continued.

“If you got lost, you should have called me! If you got in trouble, you should have called me!”

“But I did!”

She immediately covered in shock. She mentally slapped herself for answering back. She knows better not to when Teddy is angry.

“Sandara Park!”

His voice thundered across the room. She immediately stood up and knelt in front of him.

“Mianhaeyo!!! Jebal!!! Oppa! Mianhaeyo!!!”

She repeated nonstop while rubbing her hands together like in a prayer.

“Oppa! I’m really sorry! It won’t happen again! I promise! Oppa!”

Seeing her sister beg him like that, Teddy calmed himself. He doesn’t even know why he is being like this. He remembered the faces from last night and he tried shaking them off from his thoughts.

“Arrasso. Get back in your seat. I’m sorry if I went too far.”

Sandara sniffled and pouted.

“Aniyo. It was completely my fault.”

She went back to her seat and started eating again. It has been five years but her brother is still over protective of her. Her heart warmed. She thinks being back at Korea is not a bad thing after all.

“Dara-yah”

“Deh”

She looked up at her brother while chewing.

“Do you still have sleeping difficulties?”

She stopped chewing for a second before swallowing hard.

“Ah, deh~ sometimes. But it’s nothing”

She answered not looking at her brother.

“You know how I hate it when you lie right?”

She didn’t dare look at him.

“I saw you taking those pills last night are you----”

“I’m fine now oppa”

She cut him. She looked at him and smiled hoping she could somehow convince him.

“Yes I still have trouble sleeping but that’s all! I promise!”

She added then resumed eating. She tried to eat but she lost her appetite.  

“Oppa~ should I visit Bom?”

She asked trying to cut the tension. Teddy looked at her but decided to let go of the topic.

“She is actually asking for you too”

“Jinjja? Omo! I missed Bominator! Ottoke! I don’t have any gifts for her though! Omo she will kill me!”

She started rambling about her cousin just for them to talk about something else. Teddy tried to listen but his worry still got to him.

“You know, mom do knows you are here right?”

He cut her on her speech about the pigeons in Europe.

“Oh”

Her shoulders slumped. Teddy eyed her and regretted telling her immediately.

“Dara~ If I were you…. just stay in Europe. Better yet, travel the world! Don’t stay here in Korea. You know-----”

“Aniyo”

She answered. She looked at him and smiled.

“I know you are worried about me, but I can handle myself now oppa. I am not the same Sandara Park that you knew. I learned much from my days away from here. Don’t worry about me  arasso?”

She was smiling but Teddy knew better.

“So what were you saying about the Pigeons again?”

This time he tried to changed the topic making Dara sat up in excitement once again.

 

 

 


Authornim:

Wassup! I told you guys that I still don’t know how this story will go right, so I tried unveiling the story of Dara first. Well tried, but because I’m still working on it, can you guess why Teddy is being overprotective of Sandara? And why does Choi Seunghyun is bothering Teddy’s thoughts? Your guess might help me unfold the story on the next chapters. I have a plot laid out already but still I want to hear your thoughts. Kekeke! Anyway, I’m sorry if this story is boring as of now. I wanted to explore Sandara’s character first so that when she met the guys, you won’t wonder anymore why she is being like that. Arasso? Be patient chingus! To my new subbies, Annyeong! *finger heart*