[1/1]

bless you

 

Kim Seokjin was, to say at least, someone that one could call a 'mother of the group'. It's not that they had spoken about it and agreed - although they all would, without a doubt - it was just, they knew. Anyone would know. Because when one was friends with Seokjin, there would be no way that Seokjin wouldn't start mothering.

 

So, it was only natural that whenever something happened, it was Seokjin who took the 'parent' role, no matter if it was to scold or to pamper someone.

 

And it was only natural that of all the people, it would be Seokjin who would both freak out and worry to death when one fine morning he was waking everyone up, only to find Taehyung with red, runny nose, ugly coughing, and his comforter wrapped tightly around his shivering body.

 

Seokjin wanted to freak out so much because any of his friends being sick - Taehyung being sick - was not good at all.

 

He was unsure only for about half a minute whether Taehyung was awake or not. As soon as the boy realized that there was someone in his room he looked up at Seokjin with glassy eyes and a miserable pout making Seokjin's heart squeeze in worry.

 

'Hyungie,' Taehyung said, his voice weak but still cute, and his bottom lip trembled a bit, and he looked so very unwell. 'Cold.'

 

And Seokjin wanted to freak out even more because a sick Taehyung wasn't good, obviously, but a sick Little Taehyung was even worse.

 

But instead of freaking out, Seokjin stayed calm and collected. He kneeled down, his one hand wandering to Taehyung's forehead. 'You're feeling unwell, baby?'

 

Taehyung nodded, automatically leaning to the touch.

 

'You're warm. I guess you won't go to school today. Does anything hurt?'

 

Taehyung struggled for a while to free his hand from the comforter and immediately patted his temple. 'Here.' He moved his hand and soon the tip of his forefinger was pointing at his throat. 'Here.'

 

He kept eyeing Seokjin as the older nodded in understanding. 'I'm sure we have some medicine.'

 

'No!' Taehyung squealed and regretted soon as he coughed. It didn't stop with just one and soon Taehyung was suffering from a coughing fit. Seokjin put his hand on Taehyung's back and started rubbing it.

 

When Taehyung was done, he seemed even more miserable than before. Seokjin wanted to cuddle him. Cuddling was enough to cheer Taehyung up, and cuddling Little Taehyung was probably the best thing in the world, but Seokjin was perfectly aware it wouldn't cure him.

 

What a shame.

 

'No medicine,' Taehyung whined, and even if he was sick he managed to sound somewhat determined.

 

'But sweetie,' Seokjin sighed, never stopping rubbing Taehyung's back. 'It's important that you take it. It will help you get rid of the headache and sore throat.'

 

'No!' Taehyung pouted. 'It's yucky!'

 

'Baby.' Seokjin used his stern voice as he looked at the younger sharply, never letting Taehyung object. 'It will make you feel better. You don't want to stay sick, do you?'

 

Taehyung was still refusing stubbornly, making Jin frustrated.

 

'The sooner you take it, the quicker you'll be healthy again and able to leave your bed.'

 

Taehyung sniffed and frowned. 'Leave my bed?'

 

'You're sick, I'm not letting you wander around the house in this condition.'

 

Taehyung mumbled under his nose for a while, and although he didn't seem happy at all Seokjin knew he had won that one. He smiled warmly before pecking Taehyung's sweaty forehead.

 

'Be a good boy and stay here, okay? I will bring your breakfast and medicine.'

 

 

 

To say that Seokjin was worried was an understatement. He knew he couldn't let Taehyung be alone because of two reasons. First, Taehyung wouldn't be able to take care of himself, obviously. And Seokjin didn't want to wonder through the whole day whether Taehyung was dying or not. Second, Taehyung would be very upset if he was left alone, and Seokjin didn't want to risk dealing with a grumpy Taehyung after leaving him for a whole day.

 

But he couldn't be there, he needed to leave for his shift soon and there was no one to take it for him. Besides, Yoongi had his work too, and Jungkook had some important performance. Of course, Seokjin would never ask him to skip it.

 

He was left with only one option.

 

 

 

Taehyung felt like dying.

 

Seokjin had left him half an hour ago, saying that he had called Hoseok and the boy agreed to come and watch him. At first it made Taehyung excited, but he could keep the excitement going only for a few minutes. Then, he was back under the covers in his bed, trying to sleep but his headache wouldn't let him. Before Seokjin had to leave, the older tried to cheer him up.

 

Now, Taehyung was lying comfortably on the couch in the living room. His new favourite toy - a bull plushie he got from Jungkook for his birthday, named Mr. Toro - in his thight grip. Dirty tissues were both in the bin and on the floor.

 

Taehyung wasn't cold anymore - this time, he was hot, but no matter how uncomfortable he felt, Seokjin told him to stay covered in bed. And even if Seokjin wasn't here now, no one was, Taehyung knew he should obey. He felt sleepy too, but it was always difficult for him to fall asleep when he was upset. Having a pacifier would help but Seokjin forgot to give it to him.

 

All he could do was just lie, with his eyes closed, clutching Mr. Toro tightly to his chest, and hoping that soon sleep would finally come to him.

 

And it almost did, if suddenly someone didn't unlock and then opened the front door.

 

'You think he will like it?'

 

'Oh, please, hyung. I've known Tae for like, my whole life. There's no way he wouldn't.'

 

'I'm just asking because he's sick, he may not want it at all.'

 

Taehyung groaned quietly, hiding his face in his pillow. Seokjin told him there would be only Hoseok, and no matter how much he loved Jimin and Namjoon, and how happy he would normally be for getting to spend a day with them, he didn't feel like meeting anyone else.

 

Taehyung felt horrible.

 

He shut his eyes tightly and waited for the others to come to the living room. He hoped that once they would realize he was (almost) sleeping, they would keep quiet.

 

And, just as he predicted, when Namjoon entered the room and saw Taehyung laying still on the couch, he whispered to the other two, who were about to argue about God knows what.

 

'Hey, guys, keep it quiet, will you?' Taehyung had never felt so much love for Namjoon as he did in that moment. 'Tae is sleeping.'

 

And, of course, it worked.

 

They were talking then about something, whispering, so they wouldn't disturb Taehyung, and the youngest had no idea what was going on, but he knew he probably didn't need to.

 

When they left, he sighed in relief, burying his face in Mr. Toro.

 

 

 

It was a bad idea, Taehyung realized.

 

To want to sleep was one thing. But to try to sleep and fail for half an hour, hearing voices coming from the kitchen and realizing that his hyungs were having fun without him was something completely different.

 

He didn't even feel sleepy anymore. Still unwell, tired and simply bad, but not sleepy. Taehyung groaned when he felt his headache coming back, and with a pout on his lips, Taehyung threw the comforter of himself.

 

He stood up, hugging tightly his plushie to himself, and went to his hyungs, completely ignoring that his feet were bare, the floor was cold, and it wasn't the way to deal with a cold.

 

Taehyung entered the kitchen and there they were, sitting by the table and talking comfortably with each other, and the boy couldn't help but smile seeing the three of them. The last time he'd met them was at least a month ago, and it was so long, it felt like a torture.

 

'Already awake!' Hoseok greeted him, smiling brightly as Taehyung nodded. 'Do you need anything, Tae?'

 

Taehyung shook his head, making his way to Hoseok. The older boy smiled brightly when Taehyung sat down on his lap, snuggling closer to him. Hoseok wrapped his arms around the other.

 

'Taehyung,' the said boy looked at Namjoon and frowned at the latter's stern voice. 'You're sick, you shouldn't wander around without socks or shoes.'

 

Taehyung whined. 'But hyung-'

 

'Don't hyung me, Tae. We don't want you to feel worse, do we?'

 

Taehyung pouted but shook his head, agreeing with Namjoon's words. Jimin smiled and stood up, saying that he'd be back soon, and then left to Taehyung's room. When he came back, he was holding a pair of fluffy socks. Jimin kneeled down in front of Taehyung and smiled brightly at the latter.

 

'Will the princess give me the honour?' he asked as he exposed his hand and waited for Taehyung to give him his feet. Taehyung didn't do what Jimin expected him to, though, pouting at Jimin's choice of words.

 

'I'm not a princess!'

 

He sneezed right after that, hard enough to leave him dizzy and with tears gathered in his eyes. Namjoon grabbed a tissue and gave it to Taehyung. The younger whined, feeling his headache coming again.

 

When he was done, he hid his face in Hoseok's crook of neck.

 

'Woah, Jin hyung was serious when he said that you were miserable!' Namjoon commented. Taehyung's cheeks reddened at the remark, clutching his plushie even tighter.

 

'Okay, so,' Jimin said, still waiting to get the socks on Taehyung's feet. 'Will the prince give me the honour?'

 

Taehyung didn't say anything to that. He patted Jimin's hand with his feet, and Jimin took it as the permission to put the socks on.

 

'Also, I noticed one more thing was left in your room.' Not saying what it was made Taehyung interested, and the boy perked at Jimin with a curious look. Jimin chuckled before showing Taehyung the box, already well known to everyone who was involved in taking care of Little Taehyung.

 

Taehyung smiled widely with his boxy grin for the first time that day as he saw Jimin taking out his favourite pacifier.

 

'Figured you would feel lonely without that. Right?' Taehyung nodded in excitement. 'Say 'ah'.'

 

'Aaaah.' Taehyung opened his mouth widely, letting out the long letter until Jimin brought the pacifier close enough.

 

Taehyung wrapped his lips around the er and let out a satisfied groan, on the pacifier in happiness. Jimin ruffled Taehyung's hair and the younger beamed at him.

 

'Tae, what should you say?' Hoseok asked.

 

Taehyung's eyes widened once he realized that he hadn't thanked Jimin and he opened his mouth, realizing a bit too late that he forgot to hold the pacifier first. Fortunately, thanks to Hoseok's reflex, the older caught the pacifier just in time.

 

'Thank you Chimchim!'

 

Hoseok nodded and gave the pacifier to Taehyung again, whispering a small be careful next time to the Little.

 

 

 

'It's getting late. We should cook the dinner, probably.'

 

'By we you mean Jimin and I, right?' Hoseok asked, sceptically. 'Because I doubt Seokjin hyung would let us live if he ever found out that we let you in the kitchen.'

 

Namjoon didn't respond, pretending that there was nothing to response to. Even if everyone perfectly knew that was the truth, he didn't need to act as if it was this obvious.

 

'Anyways,' he continued. 'You can start cooking and I will bathe Tae, okay?'

 

Hoseok and Jimin agreed. When they went to the kitchen, Namjoon went to Taehyung's bedroom to get him another pyjama he would wear after a bath, and then went back to the living room to get the Little.

 

As he kneeled down beside the couch, Namjoon looked at the other. Taehyung looked tired, and without a doubt he was drifting to sleep. And no matter how much Namjoon wanted him to sleep and rest, he knew that Taehyung needed a bath - and if he wouldn't have one now, it would be impossible to bathe him later. He'd get too whiny for that.

 

He gently put his hand on Taehyung's head and started to his hair gently. 'Tae?'

 

Taehyung only leaned closer to the touch, letting out a sigh around his pacifier, but he didn't open his eyes. Namjoon chuckled but didn't stop petting the younger's hair.

 

‘You up? You need to have a bath, baby.’

 

Upon hearing the words Taehyung finally opened his eyes and looked at Namjoon, letting out a whine. He shook his head and Namjoon sighed.

 

‘Come on, baby. A warm bath will do you good. I will help you.’

 

Taehyung wanted to protest but all his words died in his throat when Namjoon hugged him. The younger, instinctively, wrapped his arms around Namjoon’s neck in an attempt to hug him back. Namjoon then used his strength and picked the latter up.

 

He knew he could do that only because Taehyung hadn’t expect Namjoon to lift him up, and in his fear that he would fall the younger wrapped his legs around Namjoon’s waist, clinging to him like a koala.

 

‘Hyung!’

 

Taehyung gasped in surprise and sneezed right after. Namjoon chuckled at that as he made his way to the bathroom, careful with the extra weight of Taehyung in his arms.

 

Bathing Taehyung wasn’t a challenge – usually, the challenge was to get him to the bathroom. And Namjoon knew he was lucky that Taehyung felt too sleepy to run away.

 

After filling the bathtub, he helped Taehyung undress and then get inside.

 

He remembered when he, Seokjin and Jimin had bathed Taehyung for the first time when he was Little. It was probably the only time when Little Taehyung demanded that they bathe him, almost throwing a small tantrum. Although they were unsure, they did as Taehyung wanted. Only when Taehyung became Big again was he embarrassed of what happened, but in the end, he said it was okay. Still, Namjoon sometimes would feel uncomfortable if he was the only one to give Taehyung a bath.

 

‘Okay,’ he said, clapping his hands in excitement and Taehyung tilted his head confusion. ‘Because Taetae is unwell, today it’s Taetae who gets to choose which bottle we use, hm?’

 

Taehyung’s eyes widened and then he grinned widely when Namjoon showed him two bottles of baby shower gel.

 

‘Which one?’

 

‘Giraffe!’ Taehyung squealed as he pointed at the yellow bottle with a picture of a smiling giraffe.

 

Namjoon smiled at the younger and squeezed some of the gel on Taehyung’s green sponge, smell of oranges reaching his nostrils. ‘Okay. Lie down, but make sure not to wet your hair, okay?’

 

Taehyung nodded enthusiastically and did as Namjoon told him to. When he sat up, Namjoon started to rub his skin gently.

 

‘You’re more energetic now, aren’t you?’ he asked and Taehyung hummed in response. ‘Do you feel better now? How is your throat?’

 

‘It’s ‘kay. Jinnie hyungie gave me a pill and doesn’t hurt now!’

 

‘And your head?’

 

He lifted Taehyung’s right arm and when the sponge touched his armpit, Taehyung giggled to himself at the tickling sensation. Namjoon smiled to himself before teasing Taehyung for a while longer, which caused the younger to laugh more. Soon the laughter was interrupted by Taehyung’s need to cough and Namjoon decided to go back to washing the younger.

 

‘You didn’t respond,’ Namjoon reminded the latter once Taehyung was done. Taehyung looked at him with confused expression. ‘I asked you about your headache. Is it better?’

 

‘Oh! Better, a bit.’

 

‘A bit?’ Namjoon repeated with worried expression, which disappeared soon. ‘But no one wants Taetae to be sick so to make you feel better you will listen to hyungs and when it’s time to sleep, you will go to sleep. Right?’

 

Taehyung’s expression fell at that. ‘But hyuuung!’

 

‘No arguing. Does Taetae want to be sick?’

 

The Little pouted and shook his head and Namjoon pinched his cheek, earning a whine from Taehyung.

 

‘Exactly.’

 

 

 

Jimin frowned when Taehyung stubbornly refused to open his mouth. The boy looked at him with a pout and shook his head, which Jimin knew he should interpret as ‘don’t want to’. With a sigh, Jimin put the fork down on the plate.

 

Jimin, Namjoon and Hoseok finished their dinner pretty quickly. When Jimin realized that Taehyung was eating too slowly, he stayed back with him, thinking that Taehyung simply felt too Little to be able to use his fork and knife properly. Well, it wasn’t exactly it, in the end.

 

‘Tae,’ he said, his voice stern and Taehyung looked down. Of all the people, Jimin and Jungkook were the ones who wouldn't speak to him like this when he was Little. To have Jimin doing it was embarrassing, mainly because Taehyung knew it was him who did something wrong. ‘You can’t refuse to eat.’

 

Taehyung shook his head and Jimin rolled his eyes.

 

‘What’s wrong? You don’t have problems with eating vegetables. Does your tummy hurt?’

 

‘I just don’t like it.’

 

Taehyung crossed his arms on his chest, showing that he wasn’t going to give up. Jimin looked at him, wondering how he should deal with Taehyung. ‘Tae, you always eat carrots. You love carrots, why don’t you want to eat it now?’

 

‘I’m not hungry!’

 

Even if it has been a few hours since Taehyung ate the last time, Jimin would be able to believe him. Taehyung was still feeling unwell, even if he got better a bit. But in that moment Jimin had the feeling that it was about something else. And Taehyung was supposed to eat his dinner.

 

‘Okay. If you’re not hungry I guess it means no cake for you after dinner. After all, Taetae is not hungry, right?’

 

He could see the small change in Taehyung’s expression as the boy’s lip quivered at the thought of not getting a cake. But Taehyung just shrugged. ‘Yeah!’

 

‘Mhm. Okay. So, Taetae will go to bed now, meanwhile Chimchim and Joonie hyung and Hobi hyung will eat the cake.’

 

Taehyung’s fists clenched but he still didn’t say anything.

 

‘We will leave some for Jinnie hyung and Yoonie hyung and Kookie too, but we will make sure to tell them Taetae shouldn’t get any. After all, Taetae is not hungry.’

 

Jimin was about to stand up and take Taehyung’s plate, but at the same time Taehyung grabbed the plate and looked at Jimin sheepishly.

 

‘I-I think, Taetae may be hungry a little.’

 

Jimin smiled, sitting down again and taking Taehyung’s fork.

 

‘Will Taetae eat all the carrot if Chimchim promises that we’re going to eat some cake and then have colouring competition with Joonie hyung?’

 

Taehyung had never been this eager to eat his vegetables.

 

 

 

In the end, they ate a small piece of the cake, but there was no drawing competition. Taehyung’s headache came back and he was too drowsy to do anything, so they decided to put him to bed earlier. This time, Taehyung was sleeping in his own bedroom.

 

Not wanting to disturb him, the three decided to just wait for anyone to come back in the living room, talking and joking about everything and anything, until they heard the front door opening.

 

Namjoon, Hoseok and Jimin looked at the entrance. Seokjin and Jungkook’s voices filled the house.

 

‘Oh,’ Jungkook said, surprised when he saw the guests. ‘You guys here?’

 

‘Jin told us to come and take care of Tae. He’s sick.’

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened as he looked at Seokjin. ‘Tae hyung is sick?’

 

Seokjin just shrugged, never answering for Jungkook’s unsaid question why didn’t you tell me. When the three left, Seokjin went to Taehyung’s bedroom to check on the younger.

 

Taehyung was sleeping peacefully, clutching his plushie tightly to him. He looked better and Seokjin was relieved, even if Taehyung was still breathing heavily because of his blocked nose. He pecked Taehyung’s forehead and left the bedroom, letting Taehyung rest.