Chapter 2

Running from the King of Babylon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myra’s mother had always sung praise to her beauty. She claimed to have prayed to the heavens to bless her daughter with a face she could use to further her little modelling dynasty, and been rewarded tenfold for her piety. Myra, however, had a basic understanding of genetics and thought that a model for a mother, coupled with an attractive father, was probably a pretty good explanation. Myra’s mother had won pageants and walked the runway for the biggest designers, taking after Myra’s late grandmother. Although her mother had trained her in modelling and strictly enforced good posture at all times, Myra couldn’t help but to dream of more. Beauty, brains, wealth and power; Myra wanted it all.

This led to some indecision on Myra’s behalf. Should she study politics, business management, or perhaps a range of academic courses? At this point in time, she had decided on law: the course that most politicians had under their belt and something that would both garner respect and be lucrative for her. It didn’t for everyone, but she had been accepted to Seoul National University for crying out loud.

University would begin in a couple of months, and Myra was looking at student accommodation to get away from her mother. She loved the woman, but she didn’t want her breathing down her neck and asking when she would take up modelling full-time. Myra had taken a few jobs before, but she didn’t think it suited her, even if she secretly loved the attention she got from it.
 

“…And here we have the dining hall,” continued Chanyeol, the tall RA for the residential college she was touring. She thought it was okay- clearly on the expensive side, and that meant potentially annoying brats who had been spoiled all their lives, but also quality tutoring. Myra figured she also had to try “networking” like all her teachers told her. It was probably the wealt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter