Chapter 1

Running from the King of Babylon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six feet under, consciousness came to her. Her eyes opened wide, taking in the blackness around her. She lifted her hands above her only to feel timber, confirming her suspicions. A coffin. Kai, she thought bitterly, whether I live or die you will regret this.

Myra felt a trickle of dirt spilling onto her stomach and smiled. Only meaning to kill her, of course Kai wouldn’t bother with a decent coffin. She kicked at the spot where the lid had begun to cave in, sending more dirt gushing through the opening. As the small space steadily filled, she shifted the soil around the inside of the coffin as best she could within its confines. Before she ran out of room, Myra hurriedly shimmied out of her t-shirt and tied it around her face to keep herself from breathing in the earth. She pushed at the weakening coffin lid with her palms, trying to get the force of her whole body beneath her to push up.

The loosened soil thankfully gave way as Myra lifted herself from the wooden coffin, her feet firmly in the corners of her casket to make sure that it would not break beneath her, allowing her to push herself up from a solid support. Her hands breached the surface of the grave, and she was able to dig away the soil from her face.

Myra erupted in a violent series of coughs and gasps for air. It had felt like a vacuum within her, and she now couldn’t get enough air in her lungs. She removed the fabric from her face and felt herself relax somewhat, though she remained buried in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter